Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 11:19   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

So it's two new Variants as follows

AX7L AWD AT Diesel

AX7L MT Diesel

Last edited by akshay4587 : 5th October 2021 at 11:35.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:21   #1562
BHPian

AX7 L - MT Diesel launched at 19.99L
AX7 L AWD Diesel launched at 22.89L
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211005111748_instagram.jpg  

dazdandconfuzd is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:23   #1563
BHPian

Big props to Mahindra for listening to the feedback and acting upon it immediately. Definitely scored some brownie points over their competitors, especially with TATA being in the crosshairs of many with the lemon Safari case.
CapKoura is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:28   #1564
BHPian

Amazingly quick response to customer feedback.

I was afraid that they would give us Luxury + AWD but call it the gold edition and make it look like the ride of a cut-price Saudi prince (Yes, I am looking at you Tata).

Luckily, they haven't even done that !
yogishkamath is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:28   #1565
BHPian

Updated to Diesel AX7 L AWD in the cart.

A big for Mahindra for being proactive & listening to what it customers want.
Manojah is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:40   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post

I was afraid that they would give us Luxury + AWD but call it the gold edition and make it look like the ride of a cut-price Saudi prince (Yes, I am looking at you Tata).

Luckily, they haven't even done that !
Brilliant, isn’t it? Exactly what some AWD potential customers wanted and Mahindra has been quick to react (they didn’t really bother if this was a minuscule market %, unlike Tata Motors).

Finally!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-ee24f8dbac7343468fdbafc0deeed293.jpeg  

k_ajay is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:49   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
My finding is that the diesel will cost about 30K rupees less per year than the petrol given current prices of both in Bangalore. So, the cost difference between the petrol and diesel variant will be recovered in two years.
It is not the running cost that I am worried about. I am concerned from the long-term maintenance perspective. I read on another thread that diesel mills don't like too many short commutes. Also, in the pandemic it was common for my car to sit idle for 2-3 weeks at a stretch. I was given to believe in the past that such thing is not good for diesel engines. I don't know if this knowledge is outdated with the modern diesel cars.

Coming back to 7OO, I believe the current tuning of the mStallion has enough power to deserve the AWD mode. Is there any scoop if this is being planned?

Last edited by jampot : 5th October 2021 at 12:03. Reason: minor edits
jampot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 12:23   #1568
BHPian

No doubt the 2 new variants announced today will satisfy many people; however, would have rather liked the introduction of C and T option packs for the AX5 variant, IMHO. I know atleast 15 people in my immediate circle who dropped their plans of XUV 700 just because the existing AX5 seems too bare-bones for a price tag of 20L and cannot stretch their budget for an AX7 AT.

Mahindra can hit it out of the park by offering these option packs at an attractive price; that will truly decimate the competition. Don't know what the bosses there are upto at the moment.
IamNikhil is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 12:40   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I know atleast 15 people in my immediate circle who dropped their plans of XUV 700 just because the existing AX5 seems too bare-bones for a price tag of 20L and cannot stretch their budget for an AX7 AT.
Totally agree with this, as I am in the same boat (also strictly want a 5 seater). Hopefully ample feedback has been provided to Mahindra regarding this, and they will act on it soon. I personally plan to wait till Q1 2022 hoping some changes happen to the AX5 and basic features like push button start and ACC get added. Else, have already finalize the Hector CVT which offers all the features I need as a backup
nasir88 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:25   #1570
BHPian

Good Move by Mahindra

Two bookings to be placed from my family.

Already confirmed AX7 L DSL AT yesterday to Sales Executive.

Soon after knowing the addition of AWD with L, informed Sales Executive to update to AX7 L DSL AT AWD.

I have been driving XUV5oo W8 from past 8 years. Being a techie I love feature rich car.

Its a needed upgrade, ofcourse missing few more features which I am interested as mentioned below, but can live without them for now.

Ventilated seats (Major)
Auto dimming IRVM (Major)
Sliding Middle Row (Minor)
Automated tail gate (Minor)
Hydraulic bonnet (Minor)

I don't think any of these will come in next 1 or 2 years.

Only alternate I believe in a 7-Seater SUV with all these features is MG Gloster, which is nearly 15L above this price.

Have done the test drive of AX7 L DSL AT over the weekend. Its definitely a good upgrade over my current XUV5oo.

What I liked most in XUV5oo is comfort & thigh support of front and middle row seating. same retained in XUV7oo. Didn't find this in any other car which I have done test drive so far.

Disliked most in XUV5oo is the headlight assembly, which is a lot pain to get the bulbs changed. Finally installed Hella spot beam lights which you can see in pic attached below. For XUV7oo looks like the light output is good and also headlight assembly is easily accessible.

Not worried about any initial niggles as Mahindra will take care of them if any, they might have already resolved many as they got good opportunity to perform extensive On-road testing so far.

NCAP rating is one that is yet to be out, but I am sure Mahindra has this as a priority goal from XUV3oo onwards. Definitely I believe they will score well.

So decided to go ahead with this booking.

Attached pictures with XUV5oo & XUV7oo side by side below.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg  

PMK-MoJo is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:54   #1571
BHPian

Adrenox App is launched in Google Play Store, reveals a lot of controls and information possible to get from the car,

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindraxuv700adrenoxfeatureslist3.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindraxuv700adrenoxfeatureslist.jpg

Source: Rushlane.com

Last edited by saikarthik : 5th October 2021 at 13:56.
saikarthik is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:56   #1572
BHPian

I am guessing due to shortage of chips, Mahindra is prioritizing the L packs and fancy tech features only for the higher variants to make good profit. BY next year once the chip availability increases, these will be available for lower versions and variants as well. So less kitted AX3 / AX5 are only an initial launch issue and should be mitigated later.
swarnava.ch is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 14:09   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdandconfuzd View Post
Are these guys stalking these forums? Looks like XUV700 is back on the menu for me.
caffeineAM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 14:25   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdandconfuzd View Post
That's a double sixer!!! While it should have been put there in the first place atleast they got it done quickly based on customer feedback.

Hats off to Mahindra with the XUV700 so far. Hope they meet the demand and ensure minimum niggles. If they can get that right, they are going to shame the competition big.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 14:29   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Updated to Diesel AX7 L AWD in the cart.

A big for Mahindra for being proactive & listening to what it customers want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Brilliant, isn’t it? Exactly what some AWD potential customers wanted and Mahindra has been quick to react (they didn’t really bother if this was a minuscule market %, unlike Tata Motors).

Finally!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
Are these guys stalking these forums? Looks like XUV700 is back on the menu for me.
It's really good that Mahindra is introducing these variants after a feedback from prospective customers and enthusiasts. We can see that Mahindra is watching the responses on social media/forums and definitely being agile about their response back to us.

But, it's not possible to just launch a new variant combining already existing variant options and technology packages out of the blue without a forethought (I mean the part design, architecture, homologation types for different combinations of specifications). Mahindra would have definitely thought about all the possible variants in initial planning but restricted the launches based on feedback. The platform needs to be not just modular, but also had the implementation in terms of immediate addition without any part change.

Let me take a very simple example:

To add AWD to AX7 L, the wiring harness must have additional connectors and wires already incorporated in AX7 L variant, The instrument cluster needs a new configuration to enable AWD failure tell-tale + already existing options, The vehicle must have homologation certificate of a combination of AWD with all possible features on AX7 L.

Refer to my post about Tata's standardisation of parts: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5155270 (The Tata Punch (aka Hornbill) Compact SUV)

Last edited by saikarthik : 5th October 2021 at 14:35.
saikarthik is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks