Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 22:54   #1876
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
Even I booked through the same dealer. I just got a confirmation on WhatsApp. Didn't get the booking ID or reference number. Also got an email with the sales advisor details. No information on booking. Have been following up from morning, no response yet. Might have to visit the dealership tomorrow to check if my booking went through the first 25k

Update: just got an update from dealer. Some OTF number. Any idea what OTF stands for?
OTF stands for Order Taking Form.

https://auto.mahindra.com/terms-of-use

If you go to the above link under Point 9. Online Booking, Payment and Delivery Terms and Conditions;

clause V states "The booking at auto.mahindra.com website cannot be treated as a confirmed order/order acceptance by M&M until and unless an order taking form is filled by the Customer at the Selected Dealership. Acceptance of bookings /advance payment by M&M is merely an indication of an intention to sell and does not result in a contract of sale"

Is it that after one does online booking, the dealer contacts the customer to get KYC details and fills OTF. If the dealer already has the KYC, the dealer fills the OTF and uploads into Mahindra system. The booking is complete after this formality is done?

Last edited by nazeer_ahamed : 7th October 2021 at 23:07. Reason: Give description to the abbreviation.
Old 7th October 2021, 23:58   #1877
Senior - BHPian

While celebrating this humungous feat, if there is one thing that Mahindra needs to fix is upskilling the show room staffs by providing adequate technical training. Quite a lot of hilarious moments while I just casually visited a showroom to pick my car after a service.

1. The sales executive had a hard time in making Alexa obey the commands but no luck. And then he went on saying, "Alexa.. please open the sun roof", still no response and I asked do you have to say "please". He said yeah, sometimes it works . And we all took turn in giving the voice command, but still no response and finally the sales guy concluded that probably it responds only for American accent. Also added that it could be also due to poor satellite coverage in that area and being indoor.

2. When asked what is the difference between 4WD and AWD, came his quick response: for 4WD you need a stick (gear lever) to engage, like in Thar. Here in AWD, all the 4 wheels gets engaged without the need of using a separate gear lever.

3. And lastly the sales advisor pointed out into an empty space near the radiator and says, within here lies the radar that prevents accidents.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 8th October 2021 at 00:01.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 00:19   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
I have seen order numbers starting from OTFA, B, and now D! (The first two are from the AX7 L D AT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
I booked AX7L Petrol AT @ Hyderabad and the OTF number is OTF22A****** (12 alpha numeric characters).
My bad even I meant OTF22A, B, and D. I have a feeling it is a national booking number and there is a new alphabet for every 1k or 5k bookings perhaps ? Will probably get clarity if more people there their prefixes.
Old 8th October 2021, 00:55   #1879
BHPian

I have been following this thread with a lot of interest. Somewhere when I see this craze, words like: fastest fingers first, bad luck that I lost out on the first 25k bookings - I feel that maybe I have lost out a bit in the worldly race.
For, 25-28L is not a small amount, and if I am to part with that much money - I want to be serenaded, wooed, made to feel special, salespeople chasing after me, listening to my demands (I want the chrome kit free!) - not be part of a lucky draw, crashed websites, unknown TAT, et al. But to each his own.
Not to say that I haven't been part of 'Gone in 60 seconds' deals earlier - but that was for a 14k Xiaomi phone, not a 28L Car.
manishk83 is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 02:00   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
I have been following this thread with a lot of interest. Somewhere when I see this craze, words like: fastest fingers first, bad luck that I lost out on the first 25k bookings - I feel that maybe I have lost out a bit in the worldly race.
For, 25-28L is not a small amount, and if I am to part with that much money - I want to be serenaded, wooed, made to feel special, salespeople chasing after me, listening to my demands (I want the chrome kit free!) - not be part of a lucky draw, crashed websites, unknown TAT, et al. But to each his own.
Not to say that I haven't been part of 'Gone in 60 seconds' deals earlier - but that was for a 14k Xiaomi phone, not a 28L Car.
Brother,

You absolutely nailed it. For a consumer product that costs this much there are better ways to win in business not these kind of gimmicks, tactics, ploys. For a Product or Service to establish trust and earn customer satisfaction there are other better strategies out there.

Glad the booking website consistently crashed with all my 5 attempts yesterday.

Moral of the story I learned: If the product is too good it sells by itself. No marketing gimmicks needed.
motorhead123 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 02:57   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my sentiments. How greed turns sane adults into deal chasers and how shrewd businesses exploit such greed!
neeraj0272 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 03:46   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
While his points do appear to be valid, what strikes me is did he turn on his indicators while changing lanes or overtaking or did he do it like most do, without them? if ADAS and LKA kicks in despite using the indicators then definitely it is a cause for concern.
He switches on the right indicators, but still the ADAS kicks in
hemanthbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 06:11   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
I understand your sentiment here.

About the 25k batch, I think it's good that Mahindra has a realistic batch set. From what I understand, they are yet to get it into stable production. So in a way I find this better, that at least they have an assured batch of 25k.

Also, before it was 14k Xiaomi phones, this is what used to happen with aggressively priced flagship spec OnePlus phones as well, back in the OP1 OP2 era And I think that is a better comparison.

I think once the car is in regular production, and has a stable number of units produced per month or so, you'll get the experience you were referring to.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 06:14   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post

DPF I am not aware of any DPF clogging issues with Mahindra cars, but I know there are many cars including the infamous Ecosports and the newly popping up Fortuners with DPF clogging issues. The sales guys here are not aware, but the trainer from Mahindra mentioned that when the warning comes up, you may have to drive your car at 60KM speed for 20 minutes.
Thank you Peter for sharing your experience in detail . Much appreciated.

No manufacturer is spared when it comes to BS6 and DPF. Below post and the thread will reveal such cases with Mahindra too. Bhpian Satskum had major issues with DPF. Mahindra took a while to address it since his was one of the first Thars that encountered those issues.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5042015 (2nd-gen Mahindra Thar | Niggles, Problems & Solutions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Buyers, do check this out and understand how these are done before delivery. I am sure that we will have to go through this until we get BS6 fuel. (Thats my understanding)
We're already on BS6 fuels and all OMC's are supplying only that since April 2020.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 8th October 2021 at 06:15.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 06:57   #1885
Senior - BHPian

My friend successfully booked the top variant in white after 15 minutes of hard-core tries, using two laptops and a mobile phone. It was literally 'fastest fingers'
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead123 View Post
For a Product or Service to establish trust and earn customer satisfaction there are other better strategies out there. Glad the booking website consistently crashed with all my 5 attempts yesterday
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 07:12   #1886
BHPian

Wow! Mahindra is really capitalising Indian's FOMO (fear of mussing out). This is what exactly happened in Mi phones, everyone contemplating to buy a phone jumped the gun and booked one.

While the product is awesome for what it offers and I appreciate Mahindra for that, I would prefer a Hyundai style operations - prepare production properly, clear and crisper timeline commitments etc.
noufal.ps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 07:21   #1887
BHPian

According to Lakshmanan Chidambaram, President of Tech. Mahindra Americas the claim is 25,000 booking is equivalent of 6 months of production capacity.

He is running Tech. Mahindra and I believe they are responsible for the booking website atleast in some capacity. A shameful ordeal with booking which irked many people, I feel this claim is a disclosure that it will take 6 months to deliver the first 25,000 bookings. Not sure if the folks who have made the booking are willing to prepare for this kind of waits.

Hope competitors catch up with all these tech. gimmicks so consumers will have some options. I wish Toyota sees an opportunity to reduce the price of Fortuner or increase the tech. gimmicks and I would be ready to jump on to one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211007_204428.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th October 2021 at 09:40. Reason: Typo corrected. Irked instead of lurked.
motorhead123 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 07:36   #1888
BHPian

I had the MX Petrol variant on the cart, but I was in 2 minds about it (because of the size of the car, and the street where I live), so didn't even try to book.
But yesterday evening, got a call from one of the Mahindra showrooms, asking me if I'm interested to book for the same price (but only the chosen color/variant applies).
Are these on a good-will basis or did 25k bookings really happen!?
ridehard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 07:47   #1889

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
I had the MX Petrol variant on the cart, but I was in 2 minds about it (because of the size of the car, and the street where I live), so didn't even try to book.
But yesterday evening, got a call from one of the Mahindra showrooms, asking me if I'm interested to book for the same price (but only the chosen color/variant applies).
Are these on a good-will basis or did 25k bookings really happen!?
Happened with me too. Had added AX3 AT Petrol in my cart. Dealer called up twice for confirmation.
Old 8th October 2021, 09:28   #1890
BHPian

Amidst all of this chaos of people trying to book online , was able to get the pre booking done through the Dealer which seems to have been the best option to book. Is there a way I can change the colour or variant now or a bit later if I have a change of heart. Am sure there will be some among the 25000 people who would want to change.

what to do what to do. Dealer says not possible. Am sure mahindra has still not run the sorting query on the Booking date database with where clause and Order by Booking ID, Variant, Color, Region, Dealer whatever method they are using.

Shouldn't Mahindra start more dedicated service centers and announce their plans for the next few quarters to allay the ownership concerns. This Xuv700 may need a bunch of electronics engineers also stationed in the Service centre to handle all the complexities which has the potential to misbehave.
muni is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks