Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 09:59   #1891
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Well well, what a smashing hit this marketing strategy has been. Something for Tata Motors to learn from!

Anyway, I couldn't book yesterday. So got to the showroom early today. Some things I heard:

1. Yesterday most of the bookings were by the dealers. Not surprised since it seems to have been an uneven playing field.

2. Since I had added to cart yesterday before 10 AM, I was told if I pay before 10 AM they will try and get yesterday's pricing. Even they weren't sure of this and I doubt if this is true but anyway went ahead and paid.

I actually don't mind a longer wait time. Don't urgently need a vehicle.

Another way I am justifying paying a higher price is that with a 6 month+ wait, I will earn more than the price increase by just investing 25 lacs somewhere for 6 months
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 10:13   #1892
BHPian

Finally managed to book. Downgraded from my earlier selection of AX7 DIESEL MANUAL LUXURY to a AX7 DIESEL MANUAL only.
Realised I was going to end up paying almost 2L+ just for blind view monitoring and 360 degree view (adaptive cruise stop and go and smart pilot are limited to automatic.
Now the wait starts ��

Last edited by piyush1.a : 8th October 2021 at 10:14. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 8th October 2021, 10:15   #1893
BHPian

Yesterday was a disappointment couldn't get through after so many attempts.

Today I started at 10:01 and it was a cakewalk.

Don't think it will be delivered before FY'22 so guess will let the funds appreciate with market to offset the hike.

Cheers!
Gaurav
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211008100504910_com.android.chrome2.jpg  

Rapidholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 10:15   #1894
BANNED

I just booked a White MX Petrol. The web page provides a message stating congratulations and a booking reference number with the dealer name and the amount as 21K.

Would be thankful if someone may let me know what happens after this, not received any message or whatsapp stating any further details.

Thanks much in advance.
Old 8th October 2021, 10:16   #1895
BHPian

Booked at 10.03, no issues. Clicked on booking link at 9.57 and got through without any hassles.
Now need to decide whether to continue or cancel the booking after test drive

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 8th October 2021 at 10:18.
Old 8th October 2021, 10:18   #1896
BHPian

I went to the showroom for a test drive yesterday. It was crowded like crazy, no space to park (parked around 80m away), and obviously no pandemic induced social distancing. Don't get me wrong, the showroom is quite big (Sahyadri Motors, Baner, Pune). But there were lots of deliveries of Thar and XUV300 going on, probably because of the auspicious day.

Anyway, there was a wait time for the test drive; I was 7th in queue. There were 4 TD vehicles - one each for petrol/diesel and auto/manual. So I decided to checkout the display cars meanwhile.

The car is BIG. Goes without saying. I am 5'6" and I did not get a good feeling on the driving seat. I was checking the AX7 luxury variant. It appears too wide for city driving and I am not sure turns are going to be easy. It's more of a gut feeling than a real world experience as I decided not to wait for around 2 hours for the TD. I hope to do it on some other day.

The quality of plastics/interior materials left something to be desired. I guess that's what happens when the same thing costs 15 lakhs to 28 lakhs.
gary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 10:20   #1897
BHPian

Bookings system is working fine now. Looks like either they learned from yesterday’s experience or yesterday’s show was mainly for dealers.
Old 8th October 2021, 10:25   #1898
BHPian

Looks like all the initial euphoria and hype has now fallen flat! the next 25K is sure going to be an uphill task and I don't expect to see it around the corner at least for another 10-15 days.

What is now going to matter is how the deliveries for the 1st batch of 25K will be managed. From the earlier posts, the cars were waiting for Android Auto and Apple Carplay certification that was supposed to be completed this week. If the deliveries are expected to start from last week Oct/1st week Nov, loading of the shipments should've started already which at the moment seems difficult to me.

I congratulate all who successfully invested in the car and wish all the initial buyers truck loads of patience while they await their deliveries.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 10:31   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Would be thankful if someone may let me know what happens after this, not received any message or whatsapp stating any further details.
I received a confirmation on sms about 20 minutes after completing the booking. But don't worry if you have not, as long as you have the booking reference number, you should be fine I think.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 10:31   #1900
BHPian

Bowing to the collective wisdom of fellow BHP-ians, I went back on my initial decision and have gone ahead and booked my preferred variant (AX5-MT Petrol. 5 seater) of XUV 700. I thank you all for your constructive suggestions.

What happened was this.

Reading in the forum yesterday morning that the booking site was down, I decided I will try perhaps today. Did not even attempt to book. Frankly, at that point, I was still vacillating between booking or not booking.

Around 6 pm, yesterday, the dealer calls me up to find out whether I had been successful in securing the booking. When I replied in the negative, he requested me to send him the KYC documents immediately and said he will key in the details yesterday itself so that I could escape the price increase applicable from today. I did so immediately and also transferred the down-payment amount.

Today, on enquiring, the dealer informed me that it has been done and I will get an SMS confirmation after 10 am.

Will update in the forum once I have more info.
Old 8th October 2021, 10:53   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
Update: just got an update from dealer. Some OTF number. Any idea what OTF stands for?
OTF means Order Taken form. That should be your booking reference no.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 11:13   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
I have been following this thread with a lot of interest.
Xiaomi phone, not a 28L Car.
Spot on! This car is not cheap by any means. This type of flogging to somehow give your 25-28 lacs (higher variants) to a brand seems so much strange, add to that not even getting a decent experience as a potential customer. Checked the vehicle out yesterday, it doesn't (I repeat it doesn't) feel special for 29 lacs for top of the line variant at all.

Over and above all this, the attitude of the sales staff is like they are doing a favour to cunstomers by accepting a 28 lac cheque. All of us keep talking about how the masses flog for a not so great model and bookings run into months to a year sometimes. Well, most of us are no different, a lot of people here too have booked the car like it's some Amazon Basics product without even experiencing it properly.

No offense to future owners and my best wishes to all of you, but 28 lacs for a Mahindra loaded with electronics with sub par service? The call is totally yours. But do remember the same thing happened 10 years back and users were stuck with initial batches of XUV500s loaded with niggles. I'm no Mahindra hater, in fact I love their engines and features spread even in the base variants. But I'd say be careful, let the product mature a bit. Don't let the hoopla and FOMO wash out your hard earned money.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 8th October 2021 at 11:17.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 11:32   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I have shared an image of the same.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211007_130213.jpg

Congratulations for your confirmed booking ! 25k booking in 2hours is something really amazing , I am sure 2 additional variants added recently would have made more buys happy. Great move Mahindra in hearing buyers so quickly that too even before the booking starts! On a funny note, The committed date of delivery is shown in your image as September 9, 2099 Sincerely hope atleast software in the car is robust enough to handle the real world scenarios and so many rear ended hits which are seen on social medias are not due to ADAS and is a mere coincidence
Old 8th October 2021, 11:33   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Spot on! This car is not cheap by any means. This type of flogging to somehow give your 25-28 lacs (higher variants) to a brand seems so much strange, add to that not even getting a decent experience as a potential customer. Checked the vehicle out yesterday, it doesn't (I repeat it doesn't) feel special for 29 lacs for top of the line variant at all.

Over and above all this, the attitude of the sales staff is like they are doing a favour to cunstomers by accepting a 28 lac cheque. All of us keep talking about how the masses flog for a not so great model and bookings run into months to a year sometimes. Well, most of us are no different, a lot of people here too have booked the car like it's some Amazon Basics product without even experiencing it properly.

No offense to future owners and my best wishes to all of you, but 28 lacs for a Mahindra loaded with electronics with sub par service? The call is totally yours. But do remember the same thing happened 10 years back and users were stuck with initial batches of XUV500s loaded with niggles. I'm no Mahindra hater, in fact I love their engines and features spread even in the base variants. But I'd say be careful, let the product mature a bit. Don't let the hoopla and FOMO wash out your hard earned money.
Spot on & exactly my feelings now. Discussed this with a Friend ( a College pal ) who has been at a position of VP Sales ( now retired & running his own consultancy ) with one of the major automotive Groups operating in India and internationally. He was of a very strong opinion that Mahindra's new launches should not be touched at least 2 years from the day the car becomes avaialble to the masses. He strongly advised me not to book XUV 7oo for at least the next 18 months or so. He said most Indian manufacturers first put the car in the market and the Service Centers staff then experiments and trains on the new car & the new owners are their guinea pigs and in due course, the Service Centers learn to handle the new technolgy & understand to remove the niggles. What he said was that XUV 7oo is a major leap for Mahindra, but Mahindra service is very ill equiped to handle such a car, as of now.

Have heeded to his advise and will not be booking the 7oo till its next version becomes available.

Last edited by Manojah : 8th October 2021 at 11:34.
Manojah is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 11:39   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Attachment 2216647

Congratulations for your confirmed booking ! 25k booking in 2hours is something really amazing , I am sure 2 additional variants added recently would have made more buys happy. Great move Mahindra in hearing buyers so quickly that too even before the booking starts! On a funny note, The committed date of delivery is shown in your image as September 9, 2099 Sincerely hope atleast software in the car is robust enough to handle the real world scenarios and so many rear ended hits which are seen on social medias are not due to ADAS and is a mere coincidence
Thanks!. Actually in any Database, system default date is usually some date in 2099 incase the date is not populated. That is the reason it shows September9, 2099. It should update on 10th with the actual date. Fingers crossed lets see what the actual delivery date comes unto. My dealer also confirmed that 90% of bookings are for some or the other variant of diesel so yeah its going to be interesting to see what Mahindra will do considering their commitment to deliver the Petrol variants first

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks