Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 20:17   #1951
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I have booked with Automotive Mahindra in Vijayawada. They have provided me receipt for the 21000, but they have not provided any booking number like OTF22***** even after asking them for it.

Is it standard practice or Is it use our booking and sell it for premium?
Old 8th October 2021, 20:23   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
1. I wonder if these rear-end incidents are happening due to the ADAS & adaptive cruise control systems. A speeding 7OO suddenly slows down due to a sudden/inevitable block in it's cruising path, but the vehicle following behind it isn't able to brake/slow down that quickly or in time.

2. Makes me wonder if the slowing down process of the 7OO in such situation triggers the rear tail lights and the HMSL to light up, as a warning to the traffic following right behind it. Someone needs to check this function in the 7OO, as it could be a traffic safety issue.
1. Exactly my points, the moment I saw the first freedom drive 700 rear ended my first reaction was ADAS and idiot behind him.
We were discussing way back in 2012-13 on Volvo's city safety system and a friend joked that on our roads the poor Volvo is just going to sit there beeping and shuddering because no-one will give way in our cities, he had a point.

2. Good question and I have many more but someone needs to get their hands on the 700 with ADAS for a full day to confirm it. And based on the videos shown it is a traffic safety issue. Can't remember how many times I have eased off the brakes to allow the idiot tailgating me to have some space to brake. ADAS isn't that lenient, it won't have human flaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
This video is in Tamil, but shows the ADAS in action, check the video time 4:10. It is a lane cutting overtake many does and ADAS may be risky at this situation.
Thanks, quite a hairy situation, hope someone finally gets the logic of how the system works, till then we're all just guessing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
If not anything, this feature may only make us better and more responsible drivers forcing to switch on indicators when overtaking or switching lanes if that temporarily disables it!
Yes, it will make the 1-2%of us who care to be more considerate but remaining won't care.
Plus its a bigger issue for everyone when the relatively large 700s start behaving erratically. Like in this case if the guy was stuck he would've probably swerved and pushed someone off the road, probably a smaller car or crashed into something.
Truly a safety hazard, but its so basic that I think Mahindra would've though of this and who certified it for road usage in that case ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
Came across below video about ADAS in XUV700 , what I see and understand from this video , system is bit too sensitive and needs better calibration , also needs some sort of getting used to .
Probably all of those but I am getting a bad feeling about this. Are our roads and drivers prepared for such a system ?

Valid question, bordering on conspiracy : Was the plastic tailgate also made for cheaper replacement costs for the ADAS caused rear endings ?

Last edited by shancz : 8th October 2021 at 20:27.
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:24   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Upon checking with the Dealer, they informed me that since my name was on the list shared by Mahindra, I shall get a separate communication from Mahindra confirming the offer.

Did you get the same/similar response from the dealer on the Price offer confirmation to be made available directly from Mahindra?
I haven't booked the XUV7OO, however, the safest here would be to get this in writing on an email from them marking the Mahindra ASM for your region.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:29   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
So, as per the mutiple test drives report posted by the members, it seems like the door handles of all but the AX7-L variant will not retract on their own. The car is going to look hideous with its door handles popping out.
I test drove today. Door handles retracted when i pressed the lock button on the driver side door. I was told they would also retract automatically after reaching certain speed like speed sending auto lock.
telugite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:41   #1955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
Looking at the fiasco and possibly a year long waiting period. I feel like switching to Safari but heart says XUV700
Patience gets you results.

We have someone in the family who did not have that, Safari is taking class for him.

I have told my friend to just do minimal essential maintenance to his ageing car and keep it running for the next 6 months to 1 year before we can get the XUV.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:41   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post

Valid question, bordering on conspiracy : Was the plastic tailgate also made for cheaper replacement costs for the ADAS caused rear endings ?
That is a bit of a stretch

Sid Patankar in one of his videos said that the tailgate would have been cheaper to make in sheet metal than the plastic they have used. I would imagine the replacement costs would also be higher.
a_chelat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:47   #1957
BHPian

Does the XUV700 has function to independently turn each fog lamp on/off ?
I saw a brand new Xuv700 TD car on a customer test drive with one fog lamp off.
Old 8th October 2021, 20:52   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post

I would like to know if other members who have booked under the same offer have got the confirmation from the dealer and what is the Ex-Showroom price shown on your booking form? Have you received the booking confirmation (SMS/email) from Mahindra?

Did you get the same/similar response from the dealer on the Price offer confirmation to be made available directly from Mahindra?
I booked yesterday night through dealer who assured price protection. They sent a screenshot with booking number through whatsapp. My dealer Anant cars, Mysore Road has been very professional in test drives, handling the booking and prompt communication.

I sent a screenshot from web which did not show any vehicle booking. They informed me that my booking was confirmed and asked me not to worry about it as it would take 2-3 days for the systems to reflect.
Mogs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:57   #1959
BHPian

Exactly. Hopefully the time to deliver the car is around 2-3 months if booked next June/July and also have few discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Patience gets you results.

We have someone in the family who did not have that, Safari is taking class for him.

I have told my friend to just do minimal essential maintenance to his ageing car and keep it running for the next 6 months to 1 year before we can get the XUV.
Old 8th October 2021, 20:58   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
I know trying to lighten up an otherwise weird issue.
There has to be some catch to it. The adaptability and feasibility of the system is probably the first question anyone would ask the moment they see the traffic.
Hope TBHP gets one to review the ADAS and give us the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
I saw a brand new Xuv700 TD car on a customer test drive with one fog lamp off.
It should be the cornering lights. The vehicle would be making a turn or the steering moved to the side where the foglamp was lit.

Last edited by shancz : 8th October 2021 at 21:01. Reason: resp
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:01   #1961
BHPian

AdrenoX app is finally available on IOS. There is an app for Apple Watch as well. Watch app would be very useful I think. I could not login to the app as its not letting me sign up. Throws an error “KYC not completed”. Some snapshots of the app here.Mahindra XUV700 Review-2cc9634da1af4849ae1dc6baa8b5fcd0.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-733eee2f5f2244bfaca6e8e5783b9e3c.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-d493ce1390cd4e18a535b2f1530633ba.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-c8be8013ffe740c2a2adb55228c5ea90.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-eb73fae423334e4594ad97c2db082094.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-b4b58c1466194b40ac9ef03fdaba0ffd.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-e4d3374656be45e5aa7e858647990a51.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-712b8718dd224ea1a0437d1c75d50239.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-05d48ec217ac4b69a2f03ea6eda2c917.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-80f9e3b231404200891c5b9165628449.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-4448f3c076b946d8bdb9d550404a94df.jpeg
febin8055 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:01   #1962
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing how ADAS is going to be very new on the roads, and majority won't know how it works, I will make sure to stay clear of any XUV 700 I see in next few months. If he is ahead of me, I would fall back or overtake the car. Better be safe for our own self till people get the hang of the tech!!
AtheK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:23   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
But do remember the same thing happened 10 years back and users were stuck with initial batches of XUV500s loaded with niggles. I'm no Mahindra hater, in fact I love their engines and features spread even in the base variants. But I'd say be careful, let the product mature a bit. Don't let the hoopla and FOMO wash out your hard earned money.
Even I too agree to the fact that 28L for the car was quite too much. But infact we asked the same question to Toyota what could be the answer. There is a separate thread on 2021 Fortuners with DPF clogging - and the manufacturer is keeping quite. And how much did they pay 40L plus?

Just to tweak your sentence, 10 years back I bought the initial batches of XUV5OO loaded with niggles and the manufacturer addressed and found productive solutions so that the existing owners like me are hardcore fans. I went in line to test drive - even though I have no plans to buy them.

I have had scenarios outside my warranty where the Manufacturer came down to waiver part of the bill owing to goodwill. Sure that Toyota may not do that, never will Ford, Skoda, VW, Jeep?

True that we should ask people to wait if they are not confident. Or simply dont bother if they do not like the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
No manufacturer is spared when it comes to BS6 and DPF. Below post and the thread will reveal such cases with Mahindra too. Bhpian Satskum had major issues with DPF. Mahindra took a while to address it since his was one of the first Thars that encountered those issues.

We're already on BS6 fuels and all OMC's are supplying only that since April 2020.
There you are. Thanks for throwing light on the Mahindra Thar episode. So this seems to be the plague in between BS4 to BS6 migration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
Came across below video about ADAS in XUV700 , what I see and understand from this video , system is bit too sensitive and needs better calibration , also needs some sort of getting used to
Interesting. I too suspected the same, and had a similar but slightly different experience on the test drive, when one of the drivers (while I was checking out the second row) did the same. He accelerated to check ADAS and the breaking was strong and surprising for people inside the car as well.

Rule is: Do not change lanes randomly, no random overtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
That is a lot of rebuffing in a single sentence

Let me try to counter it with some much-needed light-hearted positivity

To all of you who have booked so far, hearty congratulations! We are waiting for your ownership experience in a few weeks. Cheers!
Very well said. When XUV5OO came out in 2012 at 15L on road, the next best car to compare was a Safari Dicor at almost the price range and the good old Innova at 4 lakhs premium with 40% of the features and 1 gear less. The Fortuner which was then sold at 29L lacked most of the features here.

So considering the all round package - the position is still good. I still feel to leave the L package and get the AX7 AT or AX5 AT.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th October 2021 at 17:26. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
peterjim13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:32   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
I test drove today. Door handles retracted when i pressed the lock button on the driver side door. I was told they would also retract automatically after reaching certain speed like speed sending auto lock.
I had seen this happen when I had gone for a TD. The doors retracted on their own when the vehicle started moving. I also noticed them retract when I attempted to lock the car using the door lock function from the driver seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post

Sid Patankar in one of his videos said that the tailgate would have been cheaper to make in sheet metal than the plastic they have used. I would imagine the replacement costs would also be higher.
This is the video where he spent considerable time with Veluswamy. I am attaching the same below for reference. Please see from 9:09 to understand the discussion about the tailgate and its construction.

normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:52   #1965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
One more 7OO rear-ended.

I wonder if these rear-end incidents are happening due to the ADAS & adaptive cruise control systems. A speeding 7OO suddenly slows down due to a sudden/inevitable block in it's cruising path, but the vehicle following behind it isn't able to brake/slow down that quickly or in time.
100%. As I mentioned elsewhere, disabling this feature is the first thing I do on my only MB. We can set the response type but even at lowest levels, it can be overwhelming.

I believe, Mahindra would have got this system from an EU company and even though they must have done runs, you cannot beat the real world scenarios especially when the driver is new on the wheels and not someone who has driven the vehicle on test runs multiple times. Maybe next time when they do the high altitude testing, should also hire local drivers and let them drive

If this car has a direct disabling feature, it may be manageable otherwise it can be a real pain. Problem mayn’t be in the software or implementation by manufacturer but the kind of traffic we have with pedestrians/ animals making way on the road. Keeping safe distances is virtually non-existent. I don’t see this improving in near duration.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th October 2021 at 21:55.
Turbanator is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed