Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 17:42   #2176
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Many people are missing my point, they are saying that expecting a premium 7 seater at 24 lacs top end is too much. Well first of all, the XUV is not a proper 7 seater, it's more like a 5+2 arrangement. Also, a gentleman who was also checking out the car while I was seated inside mentioned that he bought his Hyundai Santa Fe for 26 lacs in 2013. He told that his Santa Fe's quality levels and fit and finish were a lot superior to the Mahindra.
If you are looking at Tiguan All space`s interior in comparison, XUV wont satisfy you at the same time your interest in Compass means you do not need a 7 seater as such.

My take is this, if you are going to pay 43L for an import VW wherein parts and support is going to be a suspect - I suggest you look at proper premium brands instead who may have discounts that gets you something close to this price, it is worth the stretch and those vehicles are in production in India unlike this VW so support is guaranteed.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 17:52   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
When was this and in which city ?

These are the numbers I see on carwale currently:

Ex-Showroom Price
₹ 34,20,000
Registration
₹ 6,64,235
Insurance
₹ 1,60,893
Other Charges
₹ 54,700
On Road Price in Bangalore
₹ 42,99,828

If the vehicle was bought in Pondicherry - with aggressive negotiation - a price of 33-34 lakhs may be possible but then the top variant of the XUV 700 only costs 25L in Pondicherry, not 28-29.
This was applicable for most of the dealers around the country. They were trying to clear stocks since no one buys a CBU crossover when the price is within an arm's length of the Fortuner. Massive discounts on the Allspace were standard, they still might be I believe.

You could land one at an aggressive price after on table discussion with the dealers in your area holding the stock. BHPians based in Maharashtra were able to get the car at above mentioned prices. Even folks down south got similar discounts. My cousin picked one for around 34.5 in Delhi earlier this year. BHPian kalyan_hyd sir got a similar deal I think, his location shows Hyderabad. You can check out his comprehensive ownership report, others too have mentioned their brief experiences in this:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ew-upkeep.html (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep)

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 12th October 2021 at 17:58.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 18:06   #2178
Distinguished - BHPian

For those considering the MX variants, remember that a critical component for such a heavy SUV is missing in it - ESP. (not present in the AX3 either)

For the 7OO which weighs upwards of 1,700kgs, ESP is critical for road manners, stability and driver control. Do weigh on this fact carefully before taking the plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
3. Can we assume that the production of vehicles has started at full capacity from September or does the production has to start only after the orders are received?
Not at full capacity, but priority production has commenced from October. As per the last reports I had, around 3,200 units have been produced and are ready to be dispatched to dealerships nationwide. We should have a clearer picture in this month's monthly sales/dispatch numbers.

Mahindra has set a goal to clear the first 50,000 order-backlog by March-April 2022, because they expect quite a few booking cancellations in this period too.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th October 2021 at 18:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 18:08   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
BHPian kalyan_hyd sir got a similar deal I think
Thanks for this info. I hadn't even considered this car before. It may be a bit bigger than I want but there is no harm in taking a test drive and sounding out the dealer on how much he is willing to give it for.

Kalyan_hyd says he paid 36.5 Lakh and that was last year.

Bangalore is a little higher than that. 38 lakh may be possible for an extraordinary negotiator. Even then, it is a 10 lakh difference, not a couple of lakhs but it may be worth that premium also. I will definitely check it out.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 18:12   #2180
BHPian

Quote:

You could land one at an aggressive price after on table discussion with the dealers in your area holding the stock. BHPians based in Maharashtra were able to get the car at above mentioned prices. Even folks down south got similar discounts. My cousin picked one for around 34.5 in Delhi earlier this year. BHPian kalyan_hyd sir got a similar deal I think, his location shows Hyderabad. You can check out his comprehensive ownership report, others too have mentioned their brief experiences in this:
Is a price of about 34 Lacs (after Discounts), the On Road price, inclusive of Registration, Insurance etc..?
Old 12th October 2021, 18:54   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
BTW, VAG quality on a future XUV7OO as you have wished would be wonderful and could soon be a reality.
If the VAG quality we expect is of the Kushaq and Taigun levels, then I think Mahindra's current quality is much better!
Jokes apart, Mahindra is setting a benchmark for Indian manufacturers and I hope tasting fantastic success only makes them fight harder to make their future offerings even better. We would know once the soon to be XUV 700 owners finish their first few months.
kvothe_rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 18:59   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For those considering the MX variants, remember that a critical component for such a heavy SUV is missing in it - ESP. (not present in the AX3 either)

For the 7OO which weighs upwards of 1,700kgs, ESP is critical for road manners, stability and driver control. Do weigh on this fact carefully before taking the plunge.
ESP is not present for Petrol AX5 variants (AT and MT) right ? In that case isn't that a huuuge miss ? What is your opinion on that ?
Old 12th October 2021, 19:05   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Thanks for this info. I hadn't even considered this car before. It may be a bit bigger than I want but there is no harm in taking a test drive and sounding out the dealer on how much he is willing to give it for.

Kalyan_hyd says he paid 36.5 Lakh and that was last year.

Bangalore is a little higher than that. 38 lakh may be possible for an extraordinary negotiator. Even then, it is a 10 lakh difference, not a couple of lakhs but it may be worth that premium also. I will definitely check it out.
Always happy to help . I believe with a chequebook in hand, you could bring it further down. But again it depends on the stock availability, VW group's strategy off late has seen some changes. They are pricing their products at a premium as they have understood that these are good alternatives to the big three. For example the new Octavia didn't see much discounts and the price was relatively on the higher side as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Is a price of about 34 Lacs (after Discounts), the On Road price, inclusive of Registration, Insurance etc..?
Yes, this is on-road ballpark figure after the discounts. Again as I said, current discounts might be subject to availability. If the stock is lying idle for a couple of months, then it could work out in your favour. Don't worry about older stock, they are kept well as far as I have seen and you could bargain hard on the same.

You both could also try buying from a different state if prices are high in your region. Believe me it's a phenomenal crossover, I call it the not so poor man's Audi Q5 . Not saying that the XUV is not a good product either. IMO even upto 37 lacs on-road, the Allspace is a good deal.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 12th October 2021 at 19:22.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 19:52   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Always happy to help .

Yes, this is on-road ballpark figure after the discounts. Again as I said, current discounts might be subject to availability. If the stock is lying idle for a couple of months, then it could work out in your favour. Don't worry about older stock, they are kept well as far as I have seen and you could bargain hard on the same.

You both could also try buying from a different state if prices are high in your region. Believe me it's a phenomenal crossover, I call it the not so poor man's Audi Q5 . Not saying that the XUV is not a good product either. IMO even upto 37 lacs on-road, the Allspace is a good deal.
A price of about 34-35 Lacs looks very attractive for Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace. There is no Dealer in my state and I have to checkout it out in Chandigarh or Delhi (I can always buy it from Delhi). I should be in Delhi by the 3rd week of this month for some work, need to test drive and also look at the best bargains available.

Thanks for the info., Allspace was never in my target with an anticipated on road price close to 43 Lacs, but 34 is in my striking range(though would need to strech my budget a bit). Lets see, how the test drive goes and what kind of vibes I get from this vehicle.

Last edited by Manojah : 12th October 2021 at 19:54.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 19:54   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Again ESP without active dampners is not of much use is it? Actually even active sway bars are needed for ESP to actually work. Here ESP just juggles the brakes when it senses loss of traction and with 2 driving wheels, ESP is just a 3 letter word.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 20:09   #2186
Distinguished - BHPian

New Spy Pics Of Two Mahindra XUV700 Javelin Edition SUVs Surface Online.

Anand Mahindra had commissioned Pratap Bose, formerly the Design Head at Tata, and the current head of Mahindra’s Global Design Studio, to create the Javelin Edition for Chopra and Antil.

Quote:
new pictures showcase both his (Neeraj) and Paralympics gold medalist Sumit Antil’s SUV standing partially covered in a parking lot, fresh from the transport truck.
Quote:
On the outside, the two Javelin Edition SUVs seem quite similar. But at the rear, the SUVs could sport their respective to-be owners’ Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics Games record throws in metres. Chopra’s record was 87.58 metres, while Sumit’s record-breaking throw measured 68.55 metres.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-4.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpg
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th October 2021 at 20:10.
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 00:05   #2187
BHPian

For all those who need some or the other reason to justify not going for the XUV700 , following is one more

PS: I overcame this pic and have had booked in the first 25k lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211009015813_chrome.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211009020006_google.jpg  

Last edited by Monty1 : 13th October 2021 at 00:07. Reason: Spell check
Monty1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 07:36   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Always happy to help .

Spoke to somebody who owns the Allspace. As per him, it is a great drive with excellent quality of interiors and it has a sort of very clean and industrial looks. The only issue is its FE. He has on overall, averaged about 8.51 Kml (about 50-50% mix of city and highway driving). Except this con which is basically due to its sheer size & weight, which makes it really thirsty, he was all praise for it. In-fact, he owns an Endeavour too, but he says since he bought the Allspace, Endeavour is no longer his daily drive and he loves driving the Allspace.

Would be test driving the Allspace in a few weeks, but most probably would wait for the owner inputs of XUV 7oo and also a trim with ventilated seats & some other missing features and go for it, once the initial niggles get sorted out. I am still to test drive the XUV (the trim I was looking to buy is not available for test drives in the local Dealership here, so would test drive it in Delhi) and have to see as to how I connect with it.

So, still probing, waiting & watching.
Manojah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 12:06   #2189
BHPian

In this video below, this person is comparing the 700 and Harrier in terms of driving comfort, ride and handling.

He says that he felt the ride quality (suspension) is better in the Harrier, despite the 700 having all the big names like the McPherson Strut independent suspension with FSD etc etc. I am yet to have a first hand experience of the car and so would like to get honest opinions from all those here who have got a fair bit of time with the 700, about the suspension comfort (especially in the 2nd row). I do not want to make another mistake of going for a car that is stiff like the Ecosport I have with me now .
APB98 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 12:38   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
In this video below, this person is comparing the 700 and Harrier in terms of driving comfort, ride and handling.

https://Youtu.be/w9jFTl-MJoM

He says that he felt the ride quality (suspension) is better in the Harrier, despite the 700 having all the big names like the McPherson Strut independent suspension with FSD etc etc. I am yet to have a first hand experience of the car and so would like to get honest opinions from all those here who have got a fair bit of time with the 700, about the suspension comfort (especially in the 2nd row). I do not want to make another mistake of going for a car that is stiff like the Ecosport I have with me now .
I am an Ecosport diesel owner and I spent significant time with the XUV a couple of days back. What the person has said in this video is true IMHO. Despite all the FSD, multilink and other jargons, the XUV doesn't feel very tied down and sophisticated in terms of overall ride comfort and dynamics.

As I mentioned in my short review (post no. 2145 in this thread), other premium crossovers with multilink setup at the rear mostly stay flat on the rough stuff especially over mild rough patches at speeds. The harrier twins also feel more composed while recovering from highway dips.

But you should try and get a long-ish test drive in these conditions to experience it. Don't go by what I am saying or the fanboys who are going gaga about it. You'll find all sorts of feedbacks when a new car is launched, only your personal experience will be able to help you decide better. The ride of the XUV though is definitely better than the Ecosport (it's too stiff for some), but don't expect the same handling levels from the Mahindra.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 13th October 2021 at 12:40.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks