Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 11:22   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
That is how AWD systems generally work.
Even in Duster AWD, AWD only works upto 60km/hr.
AWD is meant to help you out in tricky situations, which most of the times, happen at low speeds.
Just wanted to add that while it gets disconnected at 60 kmph (I suspect this must be even below 60) and the SUV runs as a FWD beyond this speed, if one of the driven wheels starts loosing traction because of slippery/wet road or hard cornering, the AWD should kick in and the rear wheels should start getting some power momentarily.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 11:24   #2222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Just wanted to add that while it gets disconnected at 60 kmph (I suspect this must be even below 60) and the SUV runs as a FWD beyond this speed, if one of the driven wheels starts loosing traction because of slippery/wet road or hard cornering, the AWD should kick in and the rear wheels should start getting some power momentarily.
Does that happen in Duster at speeds more than 60km/hr????
Old 14th October 2021, 11:47   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would think so. This article says that beyond 60 kmph it shifts back to 'auto mode' even if AWD Lock is engaged. 'Auto mode' means, the car runs as FWD (2WD) and when it detects any loss of traction, it starts sending some power to the rear wheels. But it doesn't happen if you are in 2WD mode.
https://www.financialexpress.com/arc...where/1290873/
In case of XUV700 AWD, I think the car is always in 'Auto Mode' (need to get this confirmed)

Last edited by Guna : 14th October 2021 at 11:50.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 11:57   #2224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here is latest round of info on the XUV700.

1. The chips for the infotainment system are provided by Qualcomm. According to my sources, all the XUVs which were given to media personnel and for display and TD purposes have an older generation of chips while Qualcomm has provided Mahindra with newer and faster chips for the customer cars. This should improve the processing time for touchscreen commands and functions.
This leaving things for later, will be improved later is the most disturbing part of it all. This the problem with quality in India - everything is left for later. Will these companies accept "later"payment? Better to do it right the first time rather than fix it later.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:04   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Mileage of 5-7kmpl for petrol is worrisome, running cost of 17-22kmpl is way too high.
Expect many petrol cars on Olx next year due to this sole reason, like what we see with Hector

Many buy a petrol thinking that now the prices of diesel are almost the same, or that their running isn't much. But for a vehicle like XUV700, even 500km/month in city would require 70-80 litres of petrol. Spending 7k to 9k every month for such low running would pinch most people.
pseudo_coder is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:05   #2226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I would think so. This article says that beyond 60 kmph it shifts back to 'auto mode' even if AWD Lock is engaged. 'Auto mode' means, the car runs as FWD (2WD) and when it detects any loss of traction, it starts sending some power to the rear wheels. But it doesn't happen if you are in 2WD mode.
Yes in the Duster AWD as well, if we were in AWD (forced) mode and not Auto - the car automatically shifts to auto mode beyond the speed of 60 kmph. And engages AWD for traction-on-demand.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:10   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
In case of XUV700 AWD, I think the car is always in 'Auto Mode' (need to get this confirmed)
FWIW there is a dedicated 4WD button in XUV700.

(via NamasteCar)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211014-12.03.39-pm.png  

Old 14th October 2021, 12:14   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yes in the Duster AWD as well, if we were in AWD (forced) mode and not Auto - the car automatically shifts to auto mode beyond the speed of 60 kmph. And engages AWD for traction-on-demand.
My question was does AWD work in Auto Mode beyond 60km/hr?
My CRV has on demand system; I have done speeds above 100 on Gravel roads at times, Cannot recall if felt AWD kicking in at those speeds.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:26   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
2. According to my sources initial lot of petrol XUV owners which have their deliveries scheulduled in the next 3 to 4 months can expect brake pad noise issue while later batches of XUV will be more or less free from it. Most likely XUVs produced till December this year will have this issue.

8. My sources are telling me that petrol XUV customers should not expect more than 5-6 kmpl for automatic and 6-7 kmpl for manual versions in bumper to bumper traffic. Getting double digit figures in city should be a cause for celebration.
Didn't encounter the brake issue in the 2 TDs that I took with the vehicle. In case this does crop up after delivery, hope it's resolved in the first free service.

Though low average is to be expected with a Petrol AT, especially with a powerful 2.0 engine, 5-6 kmpl still ranks as possibly the worst! This will become the dictionary definition of a guzzler in that case. Hoping for a 9-10 kmpl isn't all that bad, is it, with such a refined engine? Ultimately, a lot of factors like driving etc will affect the overall average. I will have to retain my Corolla Altis for a few more months after taking the XUV 700 delivery and then decide about letting it go. The Altis (Petrol MT 2009) still gives me around 10-11 in the city. Our Compass is sub-par however.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 14th October 2021 at 12:27. Reason: Typo
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:46   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Ok this sounds really weird. What's the point of spending so much for AWD then.

Most of the AWD are not full time AWDs anyways, you would not need AWD if you can reach speeds of 80kmph.

It will also improve fuel efficiency. BTW, I saw a separate button to enable AWD, so I am not even sure if it is a full time AWD.
pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 13:00   #2231
BHPian

5-6 km/L!? oh my god! That is going to be a white elephant! Heck, My E350 petrol gives me 8-9 km/l. If this is the case, wait for early adopters to sell off the car real quick. At current fuel rates, it is going to be too expensive to run.

I think, govt should really promote hybrids. Best of both world
sidharthg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 13:08   #2232
Senior - BHPian

The design journey of the Mahindra XUV700

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211014130909_youtube.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211014130923_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th October 2021 at 13:16.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 13:10   #2233
BHPian

Mahindra sales called me for a feedback and the first question I asked them is the kmpl figures if any.

The person told me 13.5 kmpl for petrol and 16.8 kmpl for diesel and according to him these were the ARAI figures.

For delivery he had the no clear answer, only that Mahindra would come out soon with the dates for each booking.
sixthsense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 13:33   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Expect many petrol cars on Olx next year due to this sole reason, like what we see with Hector

Many buy a petrol thinking that now the prices of diesel are almost the same, or that their running isn't much. But for a vehicle like XUV700, even 500km/month in city would require 70-80 litres of petrol. Spending 7k to 9k every month for such low running would pinch most people.
I was initially double minded while choosing between Petrol and Diesel but when prices were announced, mere 50k difference between both for a car costing around 20L made me to pick Diesel as its pocket friendly.

This is going to be the final ICE car in my garage and planning to use for 10 years so even if govt bans Diesel car in 5 years it doesn't matter as I am not planning to sell it soon.

From the perspective of pollution, I feel with DEF, NO traps, BS6 regulations both Petrol and Diesel are equally harmful when you calculate amount of fuel burnt and pollutants released per kilometer.

So the plan is to enjoy the final generation of diesel ICE for long highway trips and buy a small EV for city rides (Maybe Tata Punch EV when its launched)
RachhaMan10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 13:36   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
While the first point is relieving, the rest of these are very disappointing. It's sad that even in 2021 a buyer has to expect and be prepared for niggles . All this being from a reliable scoop master makes it all the more worrying as well.

Also if the customer vehicles would get a better Qualcomm chip then why would the initial lot of the same have lag in camera (mentioned in point 5). I faced this lag in a TD vehicle and I reserved my criticism and mentioned that it could be pre-production vehicle specific when assisted by other learned BHPians.

All this pretty much summarises my apprehensions for not plonking that much money on an indegenous brand. Trust me when I say this, I would love to if the niggles are somewhat sorted before deliveries itself.
Looks like apprehensions of some of us who haven't booked the XUV 7oo and are looking to wait till it gets niggle free in a year or so are going to come true.

Really hope that Mahindra delivers the XUV with minimal of niggles & the early adopters don't suffer.

Also, heard from a source that Mahindra could offer ventilated seats, electric tail gate & some more goodies ( at extra cost off-course), as soon they clear the 50K bookings. He said as the market feedback is demanding such features, the announcement could come earlier too with launch of another variant. He wasn't sure about the dates, but he said they can come up with additional variant or variants soon.
Manojah is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks