Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2021, 17:35   #2266
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Really liking the wide price range that XUV700 offers. It’s only the design I find a bit too flashy. Mahindra should tone down their designs.

Original

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3d81b05f08a24efbac50b721a82ce327.jpeg

Here is my take.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-035a6a6ab3064c3ebc6c90aea1e96b9d.png
amvj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 18:30   #2267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post

AEB (Auto Emergency Braking)
It does not engage when indicators are ON while switching lanes. However, I did feel AEB kick-in when I did not switch-on indicators and made a lane change. AEB kicks in when there is a vehicle in the parallel lane, and you try to overtake it without crossing the car fully.
I thought AEB comes in to play only if there is an obstruction on the path and it brings the vehicle to complete stop (after alerting initially). Does it have sensors to detect a vehicle on the adjacent lane? I think not. Also how does putting on the indicator change it's behaviour if there is indeed an obstruction in the adjacent lane which can cause an accident.
Can you explain more in detail the situation and what exactly happened?
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 19:22   #2268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Can you explain more in detail the situation and what exactly happened?

The above videos precisely explains what happened in the car.

Now, imagine 3 Lanes, am on lane 3. Lane 2 has a Car, am 3/4th ahead of the car. Lane 3 has a truck in front of me. Now am changing to Lane 2 by dissecting the gap between the Car and truck. If I switch lane after switching on the indicator - it is business as usual. No ADAS intervention.

However, if I switch without indicator. I first get a Lane departure warning - the steering vibrates and attempt to steer back to Lane 3. But I overpower the steer-back and continue to Lane 2. At this point, the car in Lane 2 is still not completely behind me, so a subtle braking is applied. However, if I don't decelerate it continues.
sudharshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 19:32   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
Now, imagine 3 Lanes, am on lane 3. Lane 2 has a Car, am 3/4th ahead of the car. Lane 3 has a truck in front of me. Now am changing to Lane 2 by dissecting the gap between the Car and truck. If I switch lane after switching on the indicator - it is business as usual. No ADAS intervention.

However, if I switch without indicator. I first get a Lane departure warning - the steering vibrates and attempt to steer back to Lane 3. But I overpower the steer-back and continue to Lane 2. At this point, the car in Lane 2 is still not completely behind me, so a subtle braking is applied. However, if I don't decelerate it continues.
So, it seems to be a combination of Lane keep assist and possibly ACC (adaptive cruise Control) working together and nothing to do with AEB.
Lane keep assist tried not let you change lane because you did not turned on the indicator (not because there was another car in the other lane, car doesn't have mechanism to detect that).
Mild braking may be due to the ACC and not because of the AEB. If the AEB works even with a moving target where it slows down the car just to keep a safe distance and not come to complete halt, it would be really great but I suspect if that is the case.

Last edited by Guna : 15th October 2021 at 19:36.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 19:40   #2270
BHPian

Video showcasing wireless Android Auto.

Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 01:16   #2271
Senior - BHPian

Will be booking the XUV7OO this week but I am confused about the colours!

So far, I have seen the following colours in the showrooms of Bangalore,

Church Street - Midnight Black
Silver, Electric Blue - India Garage, Lalbagh Road

Can someone help me with showrooms where I can see the remaining colours? Would absolutely love to see all colours in person before deciding. Also, both showrooms have only had Petrol ATs for TD. Would like to TD the diesel as well if possible.
Old 16th October 2021, 07:10   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Can someone help me with showrooms where I can see the remaining colours? Would absolutely love to see all colours in person before deciding. Also, both showrooms have only had Petrol ATs for TD. Would like to TD the diesel as well if possible.
India Garage, near Hoodi has the Diesel AT and MT available for test drive. However, they have the same colours available- Midnight Black, Electric Blue and Silver. Location is near Whitefield Decathlon.

Last edited by Raghunath Singh : 16th October 2021 at 07:12. Reason: Typo
Old 16th October 2021, 07:25   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
One question for clarifying- is there any use of AWD on a rough stone ridden path, something like one might see on way to Spiti from Manali, where the path is embedded with stones, many times small pointed rocks. I guess the tyres don't really lose traction in such a case but might need extra power to push through some situations.
Thanks in advance
Could any member help me with this query? Thanks in advance
Old 16th October 2021, 08:23   #2274
BHPian

Quote:

You can try Anant Cars, ORR, they have all the colors barring the red one, moreover they have both Diesel and Petrol in AT and MT.
Old 16th October 2021, 13:15   #2275
BHPian

Did anyone notice that the reverse camera is available only on AX7 and Luxury Pack variants! for a vehicle costing over 21L OTR on bangalore, i feel reverse camera is a must.
ant_vas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 17:54   #2276
BHPian

Quote:

I also visited India Garage, Lalbagh Road and I think they mentioned the other colors are at their Palace Road showroom. Not 100% sure though - best to call and confirm before dropping by.
Old 16th October 2021, 18:22   #2277

AWD explained in simple terms with outstanding animations. Please do read the comments section.

The base model of 2018 subaru outback uses 2.5L 175hp engine with 235Nm of torque whereas the 6cylinder
256hp version produces 335Nm of torque. In comparison Xuv700 produces 450Nm of torque with the diesel automatic. Hence on paper, Xuv700 AWD should be adequate enough for the occasional off roading tracks and taking on the off beaten paths once in a while.
Sabertooth32 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 20:03   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Could any member help me with this query? Thanks in advance
The vehicle will feel more surefooted when AWD is engaged on such surfaces. FWD will suffice but when it rains on such surfaces, AWD will give that slightly better control when accelerating.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 20:37   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
One question for clarifying- is there any use of AWD on a rough stone ridden path, something like one might see on way to Spiti from Manali, where the path is embedded with stones, many times small pointed rocks. I guess the tyres don't really lose traction in such a case but might need extra power to push through some situations.
Thanks in advance
In general, yes! I’m not familiar with the roads you mentioned, but AWD would vastly improve performance in situations where you would otherwise be totally dependant on momentum.

Can you recollect situations wherein you backed up and accelerated hard to get momentum, so that you can clear a difficult path or steep incline. AWD would give you more confidence in such situations and you wouldn’t be depending on momentum alone. You can enter AWD lock mode and navigate such situations easily.

Also keep in mind that all AWD systems are not identical. Various manufacturers have their own way of implementing it, and hence performance would vary to a great extent.
The Alchemist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 21:30   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth32 View Post
AWD explained in simple terms with outstanding animations. Please do read the comments section.

https://Youtu.be/rHMDtEPeuQM

The base model of 2018 subaru outback uses 2.5L 175hp engine with 235Nm of torque whereas the 6cylinder
256hp version produces 335Nm of torque. In comparison Xuv700 produces 450Nm of torque with the diesel automatic. Hence on paper, Xuv700 AWD should be adequate enough for the occasional off roading tracks and taking on the off beaten paths once in a while.
Subaru AWD is a different animal altogether. It is a system where all 4 wheels get equal power (25%) all the time and vary the power they receive in tricky situations. XUV 700 AWD drives as a FWD by default except in situation where the front wheel/s loose grip and some power is channeled to the rear wheels.
Both are called AWD but they are very different.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed