Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2021, 22:31   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Subaru AWD is a different animal altogether. It is a system where all 4 wheels get equal power (25%) all the time and vary the power they receive in tricky situations. XUV 700 AWD drives as a FWD by default except in situation where the front wheel/s loose grip and some power is channeled to the rear wheels.
Both are called AWD but they are very different.
The XUV 500 has a manual locking system that distribute the power equally to the front and rear wheels. The manual locking switch is present in the 700 too, hope it will behave in a similar fashion.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 22:36   #2282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Could any member help me with this query? Thanks in advance
Search YouTube, there is a video by Anshuman on the AWD system of the 500. Hope it will help to clear your doubts. Better visit the XUV 500 thread, the AWD system is explained there in detail.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 22:46   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Can someone help me with showrooms where I can see the remaining colours? .
Today I saw XUV7OO in all five colors at Sireesh Auto silkboard branch.
Old 17th October 2021, 01:20   #2284
BHPian

The price increase for the higher models is modest. The most expensive variant - AX7-L Diesel AWD - has got a hike of only Rs 10,000. So now if early cars indeed have non-trivial problems, then I would cancel my booking and make a fresh one.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 06:35   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
The price increase for the higher models is modest. The most expensive variant - AX7-L Diesel AWD - has got a hike of only Rs 10,000. So now if early cars indeed have non-trivial problems, then I would cancel my booking and make a fresh one.
Initial bookings also have price protection. If you cancel now and book again, price at the time of delivery will apply. Considering the time lapse, please provision another round of price increase.
p_darshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 08:51   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
All this pretty much summarises my apprehensions for not plonking that much money on an indegenous brand. Trust me when I say this, I would love to if the niggles are somewhat sorted before deliveries itself.
This is what I never understand. That line "Not plonking that much money on an indegenous brand". How easy it is generalize things about "Desi" things when we have had examples of Skoda, VW and even Honda at some point with niggles in initial batch of cars.

Anyways, the fact that all this is out in open is worrisome for Mahindra as people will be relunctant in buying the car. They really need to offer free upgrades to these components whereever it is possible to lessen the effect of damage it could do to the brand.
devilicious is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 10:36   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
This is what I never understand. That line "Not plonking that much money on an indegenous brand". How easy it is generalize things about "Desi" things when we have had examples of Skoda, VW and even Honda at some point with niggles in initial batch of cars.

Anyways, the fact that all this is out in open is worrisome for Mahindra as people will be relunctant in buying the car. They really need to offer free upgrades to these components whereever it is possible to lessen the effect of damage it could do to the brand.
As I already mentioned multiple times, issues are there with a lot of new launches from several brands (desi and videsi both). But the fact is that the global brands sort them out earlier (except Skoda) and within a couple of months from launch, you can pick up their cars. Also, at the price point of XUV (28 lacs for top end), I don't remember which car had so many initial niggles spread across lots.

The earlier 2011-2013 XUV500's had severe issues (exceptions might be there) and even the later ones were not niggle free either. What is more alarming is that even after 10 years, nothing much seems to have changed at Mahindra. There is already insider information about brake pad issues in the initial lots before even deliveries. Good luck spending 29 lacs then visiting the service centre next day .

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 17th October 2021 at 10:37.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 11:55   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
As I already mentioned multiple times, issues are there with a lot of new launches from several brands (desi and videsi both). But the fact is that the global brands sort them out earlier (except Skoda) and within a couple of months from launch, you can pick up their cars. Also, at the price point of XUV (28 lacs for top end), I don't remember which car had so many initial niggles spread across lots.

The earlier 2011-2013 XUV500's had severe issues (exceptions might be there) and even the later ones were not niggle free either. What is more alarming is that even after 10 years, nothing much seems to have changed at Mahindra. There is already insider information about brake pad issues in the initial lots before even deliveries. Good luck spending 29 lacs then visiting the service centre next day .
Very well said & I totally agree.

This is exactly why I didn't book ( failed to get the booking in the first 25K lot, but could have easily booked the next day, but then decided not to book ) and wait for an upgraded and niggle free product. Also, I was in no hurry to own a car as my present vehicles have odometers in the range of 40-45K and they are good for a couple of years. After spending close to 28-29 Lacs and then frequently visiting Service Centers to sort out the niggles and then anxiously hoping that everything is sorted out till the next niggle crops up, is something I want to completely avoid in my present phase of life.
Manojah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 12:40   #2289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I suggest you do not do that, the waiting is already really long and from what I'm told you fresh booking will then revise the delivery timeline from the date you book so it can be 6 months to 1 year (estimate) for the delivery.
Old 17th October 2021, 13:18   #2290
BHPian

Quote:

You seem to be having lot of negative vibes for Mahindra and XUV 700 in particular. Did you have any personal experience with XUV 500? If yes please direct us to any thread you have posted here or narrate any personal experience, it will be highly appreciated. If I google I will find issues for every possible manufacturer.

I have been traveling regularly in my friend's 5 year old XUV 500 for our wildlife trips across India, never faced any issues except for the body roll and few rattles here and there. It is a very sorted vehicle and this is what inspired me to book the XUV 700.

I have done multiple test drives on XUV 700 and came out smiling everytime, I sincerely hope Mahindra does not disappoint us.

I'd suggest wait for the initial lot of vehicles to be delivered and tested by REAL reviewers a.k.a owners, then you may decide to pronounce your verdict. Till that time let's wish our "Indigenous" manufacturer good luck and hope they give the international brands a good competition
Raghunath Singh is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 14:31   #2291
BHPian

There have been many comments on Mahindra and XUV700 potential quality. I see that very few of them were from actual owners of Mahindra vehicle. Sharing my experience with fellow forum members.

I am driving a 15 year old Scorpio and have 7 year old XUV500 in extended family. Both have been a very reliable vehicle over the years.

I faced issues with coolant leakage in Scorpio in my 3rd year of ownership which was fixed promptly. After that, the vehicle is completely niggle free except for the usual wear and tear. I still get mileage of 10-11 kmpl in the 15 year old vehicle. There was no breakdown on the road even a single time in last 15 years and still does round trip of 400-500 kms with aplomb. Similarly, XUV which I have seen very closely considering they are owned by my in laws and they live in the same city, have been completely niggle free and a very reliable vehicle.

I have not booked XUV 700 as I have already booked THAR and waiting for its delivery. However, whenever I decide for my next 7 seater, it will be 700.

What are the choices I have if I am looking for a reliable Diesel, Automatic SUV and planning to keep for 8 to 10 years? I have lost trust on foreign manufactures after what has happened to Chevy and Ford. I cannot rely on Tata just because they change their brand strategy every few years. Look at what they did with Aria and Hexa.

There is a reason for so many takers for XUV700 even at 28 lacs OTR. I sincerely wish that all owners get niggle free experience from day one. If there are niggles, I am convinced that they will be sorted out with not much bother and their owners will enjoy trouble free experience for many years to come.
alokk0912 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 14:31   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Today I saw XUV7OO in all five colors at Sireesh Auto silkboard branch.
Are you sure you saw all the 5 colors as I was told by sireesh auto guys that there is no Red for display in entire Bengaluru let alone Sireesh. Can anyone confirm seeing Red and if Yes where is it available. Wifey has serious reservations of the Red color I have booked. I thought too many midnight blacks and opted for the next best i felt leaving aside the good looking White which will become a political symbol sooner than later.
Old 17th October 2021, 15:29   #2293
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like PPS Ford management have now moved to Mahindra dealership route. New showroom coming up opp KSIT on Kanakapura Road in Bangalore
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 15:46   #2294

Petrol AT Fuel Economy testing by a youtuber
It was done in Highway with speeds under 100 at all times. ODO was showing 11.2kmpl and the real world FE was 10.8kmpl

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211017153524.png

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211017153513.png

Source :
Rockstah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 15:57   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Good luck spending 29 lacs then visiting the service centre next day .
Seems like you’re intentionally trying to spread negativity about the XUV700 based purely on assumptions/unofficial leaks. I’d suggest you hold off until initial real world reviews.

Any gen-1 product offering segment first features is bound to have niggles, early adopters are well aware of the fact. Heck it’s cause of such early adopters that the industry moves ahead. If everyone starts being prejudicious like you there’ll be no innovations from home grown brands.

Every single professional car reviewer has had an overall positive experience. If anything, the XUV700 has at least earned a chance to prove itself, I think we should give it that.
Tanmay007 is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed