Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211022wa0000.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2021, 21:28   #2492
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Received another SMS from Mahindra.
This was just an online booking which I did as well, and then didnt proceed ahead with any kind of action at my end. Initially I felt its not priced well for the AT variants I was looking for but now after a couple of weeks I feel for the engine and the size of the car its reasonably priced. And especially if I get it at launch prices,
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 04:30   #2493
BHPian

Not sure, whether this has been posted before -

Updated Mahindra XUV700 To Launch In 2022 With New Features – Report

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ma...-report-49461/

Last edited by Manojah : 23rd October 2021 at 04:32.
Old 23rd October 2021, 05:54   #2494
Senior - BHPian

I think the idea is to create a tornado every year, via gizmos and hype. Keep the Company and product/products buzzing year on year. XUV 700 is unique, in the sense that, product was new but the customer was already familiar with it, thanks to an older product in the portfolio. This is a rare achievement in the world of cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Not sure, whether this has been posted before - Updated Mahindra XUV700 To Launch In 2022 With New Features – Report
Old 23rd October 2021, 06:36   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Not sure, whether this has been posted before -

Updated Mahindra XUV700 To Launch In 2022 With New Features – Report

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ma...-report-49461/
The source of this article itself is Team BHP - see post #2302 in this thread
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:01   #2496
BHPian

Hi friends.

Can anyone please post pictures of Ax5 5 seater variant rear seat? Does it recline?

Another question, the higher tuned diesel starts from Ax5. Am I right?
Old 23rd October 2021, 13:27   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post

Another question, the higher tuned diesel starts from Ax5. Am I right?
Starts from AX3 but AX5 is way more value for a relatively lesser price differential.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 14:06   #2498

Thanks to this thread that I was able to get the emails and sms (They both were in spam/junk) from Mahindra.

Received the same email and sms that others have received in this forum.

I have booked AX7 L MT DSL through dealer.

Had a chat with my dealer (he’s a friend as well) and he said - Company have assured that deliveries will be fair to Tier II and Tier III cities dealers as well. He based out of indore has got like 20% of bookings of what dealers in bangalore or mumbai have been able to get as they weren’t accepting any advance booking before 7th. My model being added in the last minute is not there in the initial batch of production so I’ll have to wait a little longer than others.
Old 23rd October 2021, 14:21   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
Hi friends.

Can anyone please post pictures of Ax5 5 seater variant rear seat? Does it recline?
There are no pictures available but you can check out the interior using 360 degree view on the Mahindra website.

The seats are essentially the same as the MX variant, meaning they don't have a centre armrest and are not 60:40 split. Hence I don't expect them to recline as well (this was one of my biggest disappointments while booking the AX5 5str as well)

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 15:01   #2500
BHPian

Another interesting thing I noted while exploring the 360 degree view:

- Now the AX5 (and even the mx) get the sliver slatted grille, which was earlier shown as plain black

- I also like how the black ORVMs contrast with the exterior color (which Mahindra intended as a downgrade) as compared to body colour orvms

- is it only me, or do the 17 inch alloys look more stunning in design compared to the 18 inchers on AX7?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211023145720_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by nasir88 : 23rd October 2021 at 15:27.
nasir88 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:11   #2501
BHPian

Took a second test drive today, this time at home. The engine-transmission-steering connect was again very impressive, same as first TD. The suspension felt tight and just about right for our bangalore roads and driving in city traffic was absolutely effortless.

However, hate to write this - the AC was not working on our 1k run TD vehicle. And am also hearing (unconfirmed though) that there have been incidents of infotainment system freezing and the fix has been to “reflash” it, not sure what that means. Guess we first batch owners need to start getting mentally prepared

And a big shout out to Mahindra on their customer engagement - they have been super impressive from day 1 to now, be it with the booking or dealer responses or getting home TD - confirmation and follow up feedback calls have been consistently prompt.
Sandegov is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 17:21   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Finally recieved the confirmation SMS from Mahindra today and wanted to share with TeamBHP members here. :
Though I paid the dealer on Fourth and vehicle was booked on Seventh, never received any SMS from M&M. Got a screenshot of the booking details from the dealer in the evening of seventh and was content with the same. My dealer clearly told me that instead of putting individual e-mail id, they had entered their dealership id for all customers in order to push their booking within limited time slot.

On 19-10 received a congratulatory SMS for the first from M&M with the variant details and colour. But the very next day received a follow up call from M&M asking for the reasons for not going ahead with my booking. The lady said that they are following up with all customers who had put the vehicle in their cart but not booked finally. When I informed her that I had booked through the dealer, she checked and informed that there is no booking against my mobile no. and name. I called the toll free no. for booking related enquiry and also the toll free no. that has been shared in the thread and both the ladies confirmed that there is no booking in my name or mobile no. I was told to contact the dealership.

For two days (20th and 21st) I talked with the GM at the dealership and finally paid him a visit on 21st evening. The dealership was absolutely sure that my booking is confirmed and they have no confusion about the matter.

Yesterday night received another message from M&M (which mentions the customer name, the OTF number and the dealer details) like the one shared by WadeWilson and so many others that somehow put to rest the anxiety. As for my case, I had enquired with two different dealer, one of which might yet be un-closed and that may be the possible reason for the follow-up call from M&M - all this is as explained by the dealership.

I am not sure how far this is true but from my various interactions with the dealership people during this period came to know that the cases where the variant was loaded in the cart by the customers but booking could not be done due to site problem or otherwise, M&M had given the the dealers time (certainly not one day) to push through those bookings with price protection provided the variant, colour and dealership does not change.

Many customers falling in this category, who might have booked later, might thus get the price protection of 07-10. Things are only hearsay and what actually is going on between M&M and the dealership is a mystery.

I would be happy to get the delivery in February or March 2022 as I am in no hurry.

Last edited by Sommos : 23rd October 2021 at 17:34.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 17:35   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Another interesting thing I noted while exploring the 360 degree view:

- Now the AX5 (and even the mx) get the sliver slatted grille, which was earlier shown as plain black

- I also like how the black ORVMs contrast with the exterior color (which Mahindra intended as a downgrade) as compared to body colour orvms

- is it only me, or do the 17 inch alloys look more stunning in design compared to the 18 inchers on AX7?
Agree with you and hope this is how the vehicle will actually look.

Another advantage with AX5 is the dark color seats.

With ESP included with diesel variants, very little value switching to AX7.
Old 23rd October 2021, 18:07   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
There are no pictures available but you can check out the interior using 360 degree view on the Mahindra website.

The seats are essentially the same as the MX variant, meaning they don't have a centre armrest and are not 60:40 split. Hence I don't expect them to recline as well (this was one of my biggest disappointments while booking the AX5 5str as well)

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700
The 7 seater variants of AX3 and AX5 displayed at the XUV700 website, very clearly have a 60:40 split 2nd row which has centre arm rest (with cupholders as mentioned in the brochure) They are likely to have a recline function as it is available with the 7 seater AX7

The 5 seater variants of AX3 and AX5 don't seem to have split seats (quite logical) or center armrests (not quite logical)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211023180031_chrome.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211023175958_chrome.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211023180122_xodo-docs.jpg  

Last edited by Geta : 23rd October 2021 at 18:27.
Geta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 18:24   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
The 7 seater variants of AX3 and AX5 displayed at the XUV700 website, very clearly have a 60:40 split 2nd row which has centre arm rest (with cupholders as mentioned in the brochure)
Yes, my comment was particular to the 5 str version only. Also frustrating since Mahindra does not offer AX5 7str with petrol AT. Seems Mahindra has done this to screw with me specifically
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed