Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 20:15   #4141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR IDE is Life View Post
Planning to Keep an Additional Battery as a Spare for Jump starting the Vehicle .. It is fairly easy and requires a Jumper Cable set as well . This is a must for all AT users , as "Dhakka" start will not work for them .

I guess all new Cars should have 2 Battery especially for the connected car Features . A new Vehicle not starting after just 1 week of no use should not create a Major issue like Car not starting ..

Thanks to the New users sharing their experiences and for sharing this .. Will have to keep the MBS on the go at all times .

I don't know but my Jaguar XF has 2 batteries - One in the Hood and one in the Boot . Never had any issues with Vehicle starting for last almost 5 years . Especially during the Lockdown period .. Also Have never replaced the Battery so far .. I guess this is what Build Quality is all about .
Alternatively you can have a product like this in your car.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 22:43   #4142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
For AX7 D MT the price difference between that of 7th Oct'21 and that of today is 1,06,359 INR to be exact. This is appalling.
This is just the start. I expect M&M will have a few more price hikes for the XUV700 through 2022. The prices of the lower variants were simply unsustainable. The newly launched Kodiaq (190 HP, 320 NM) which costs 35+ lakhs ex-showroom, does not get a petrol engine as powerful as the XUV 700 MX Petrol (200 HP, 380 NM), though it costs 3 times as much!

The base MX and AX3 variants are well loaded with 4-wheel disc brakes, independent rear suspension, FSD, virtual cockpit (AX3) etc., which you will not find in any other cars in this price range. It is not possible to deliver so much content under 15 lakhs ex-showroom for any manufacturer and I expect the MX and AX3 to get some more stiff price increases in the coming months to enable M&M to break even.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 11th January 2022 at 22:48.
84.monsoon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 01:05   #4143
BHPian

In total whoever booked early for cheaper price is not going to get a niggle free car or an excellent fit and finish. Late comers might get a good finished product with initial niggles solved but with prices going up by at least 70k-100k (May be more later on). This seems very balanced to me () as both early bookings and late bookings are effectively getting the same deal.
Metallicar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 02:03   #4144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
This is just the start. I expect M&M will have a few more price hikes for the XUV700 through 2022. The prices of the lower variants were simply unsustainable. The newly launched Kodiaq (190 HP, 320 NM) which costs 35+ lakhs ex-showroom, does not get a petrol engine as powerful as the XUV 700 MX Petrol (200 HP, 380 NM), though it costs 3 times as much!
I believe the price hikes will come as niggles settle down and probably some features too get added once chip shortages ease.

Separately, I believe that the petrol engine used is probably more powerful than needed and I wonder about fuel efficiency of the same, especially for the automatic variants.
Old 12th January 2022, 02:09   #4145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
In total whoever booked early for cheaper price is not going to get a niggle free car or an excellent fit and finish.
Actually those who booked on first day and got delivery dates of June and beyond have the best deal. Locked pricing with enough time to get initial niggles fixed.
Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 02:41   #4146
BHPian

Quote:
...The newly launched Kodiaq (190 HP, 320 NM) which costs 35+ lakhs ex-showroom, does not get a petrol engine as powerful as the XUV 700 Petrol (200 HP, 380 NM), though it costs 3 times as much!...
Can M&M really compare themselves to German car makers selling petrols since eons?

They've only just launched the first petrol engine they've developed, and we have read info of issues by @ram_87 on the forum.
Old 12th January 2022, 09:26   #4147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
New Price list:-
Attachment 2258120
Is it possible to share the diesel prices for Delhi? I have been contemplating booking and still can't make up my mind. With this hike and expected 2023 delivery, I just want to be sure if I can even afford it.
Old 12th January 2022, 09:26   #4148
BHPian

The price rise will likely spur cancelations even more and the waiting period should now shrink further. People getting deliveries after March under price protection seem to be better placed.
Old 12th January 2022, 09:48   #4149
BHPian

Just checked the December 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis thread and it seems like Mahindra have managed to deliver 11,964 cars till December which means they are on point to complete the 14,000 deliveries by January, 2022 as promised. Glad to see that they're being consistent in this regard.

On a side note, my 8th-15th January, 2022 delivery of my AT+AWD XUV 7OO seems to be improbably now because there has been no update as of yet. I write this with a sigh of relief because:
  1. ram87pune posted about a few mechanical issues which have been fixed in the new batch of cars.
  2. While bugs and niggles "seem" to be relatively less - the most major, in my humble opinion, is the ICE system and the Instrument Cluster going blank. If its just a simple firmware issue then a new firmware written to eliminate the bootloop or blank screen issue can fix it. However, if its hardware related then we'll be stuck with the faulty units until and if Mahindra does something about it. Even if Mahindra replaces the entire unit, I shudder to think how they (the dealers) would go about replacing the entire panel while at the same time maintaining proper fit and finish.

In two minds about the booking now, wondering whether I should cancel, lose price protection and book later when niggles are fixed or whether I should go ahead and take delivery, as and when Mahindra gives the next delivery date.
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:14   #4150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
In two minds about the booking now, wondering whether I should cancel, lose price protection and book later when niggles are fixed or whether I should go ahead and take delivery, as and when Mahindra gives the next delivery date.
My suggestion would be to continue with the booking.. You will at least have to pay 2 lacs extra by the time you get delivery sometime in 2023 for any new bookings. Any niggles will have to be fixed by Mahindra. In today's world, they just can't afford to not do so.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:24   #4151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The base MX and AX3 variants are well loaded with 4-wheel disc brakes, independent rear suspension, FSD, virtual cockpit (AX3) etc., which you will not find in any other cars in this price range. It is not possible to deliver so much content under 15 lakhs ex-showroom for any manufacturer and I expect the MX and AX3 to get some more stiff price increases in the coming months to enable M&M to break even.
Other option (which is a normal thing to do) is to take away some of these features and keep these variants reasonably priced.
Old 12th January 2022, 11:16   #4152
BHPian

I guess now, the dicussion about "where will the Scorpio slot in?" can be put to rest. It wouldn't be far fetched to expect another price hike down the line, just before the launch of the new Scorpio
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 11:40   #4153

Quote:
  1. ram87pune posted about a few mechanical issues which have been fixed in the new batch of cars.
  2. While bugs and niggles "seem" to be relatively less - the most major, in my humble opinion, is the ICE system and the Instrument Cluster going blank. If its just a simple firmware issue then a new firmware written to eliminate the bootloop or blank screen issue can fix it. However, if its hardware related then we'll be stuck with the faulty units until and if Mahindra does something about it. Even if Mahindra replaces the entire unit, I shudder to think how they (the dealers) would go about replacing the entire panel while at the same time maintaining proper fit and finish.

Very few mechanical issues are reported by owners on various forums, major issues seems to be software related issues.
Issue like hollow sounds in front suspension might be fixed with adding a few additional insulation, which can be replaced under warranty if encountered.
software issues mostly will be ironed out in the next 3 months max, so I would suggest you to hold on to your booking and have price protection, Also being the initial owners people from M&M/Dealership would be eager to hear about complaints and work towards resolving them. In case of any major issue there might be recall to fix the faulty part.

So wait for people from dealership to reach you once the vehicle has arrived and hope this wait is prolonged to get 2022 manufactured vehicle and the niggles fixed.
Auto_Nar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 11:46   #4154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
Increased prices for January 2022 can be seen in the Booking section (https://auto.mahindra.com/own-online...ction?mgc=X700 ) of Mahindra Website .

The price-increase range from 50000-80000 (Ex-showroom).
A good comparison is given in this video
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 11:58   #4155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, my 8th-15th January, 2022 delivery of my AT+AWD XUV 7OO seems to be improbably now because there has been no update as of yet.
You are not going to get the delivery before feb 10th - which in most likely scenario to be the 2022 mfg car and a relatively niggle free one. The reason I say this is because my L AWD has moved slowly from Dec 4th 2021 to Jan end 2022 and continues to move further... Your's was promised much later than Dec 4th I think. So you can sit back and enjoy the popcorn - like me there are many others who will be paying M&M for beta testing

About the hardware - the most dreaded thing for me is - even though I have experienced their support being top-notch, the rattles can't be avoided. It is scary shit! I did some modifications on my XUV5OO for audio/ damping, dashcam, etc. and I tell you I can't live without volume being above 5 bars.

By the way, the battery drain issues is to do with batteries and less with electronics - some of the information being shared indicates that the batteries were sitting on shelf for long time... hoping this is true

The display panels going blank - could be hardware or software or both! Keeping an eye on what we hear about those issues and how they are being resolved. The facebook groups are going crazy over these updates....
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed