Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 10:54   #4201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Mahindra seems to have mass produced the vehicle with only chips pending so they can install as soon as these are available.
just thinking - the JIT manufacturing may not be precise JIT. So some or the other component delays would make every manufacturer to hold few cars before they are dispatched. About 50-100 should be normal. For the size of monthly sale, for XUV7OO, even 400-500 would be fine too. And that would look huge when seen from outside. Holding 3 x 3000 = 9000 cars in the plant for three months worth of supply - parking lot should be looking massive! Chakan plan has this much space left considering other cars being rolled out in some numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_7 View Post
Oh yes, me being close their Chakan plant in Pune can confirm there are tooo many XUV 700s manufactured and waiting for the chips.
Can you take a wild guess at how many cars parked like that? Although seeing from a distance that they are parked due to chip shortage seems like guess unless you are more closer than I am thinking. Curious to hear more

Neither M&M is helping with clarity nor the facebook and other online forum posts helping get any concrete information for genuine buyers ... :(
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:11   #4202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post

The oneway responses by various members like "go for XUV700" was making me nervous and I was thinking what am I missing but your response has given me confidence that I am not alone in thinking what I am thinking
You asked a question and members responded with their views and opinions, I guess it is not right to mock their thoughts or point of view. Plonking 17L for a second hand vehicle, that too out of production is not wise in my view as well, there is also an element of doubt when it comes to the second hand vehicles which one could realize later. You wouldn't expect the seller to be candid all the time in revealing the issues about the vehicle.

There will always be opinions, however end of the day your money and your decision
Raghunath Singh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:26   #4203

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Can you take a wild guess at how many cars parked like that? Although seeing from a distance that they are parked due to chip shortage seems like guess unless you are more closer than I am thinking. Curious to hear more
I am not closer just looking from outside but I do have a connection with the automobile manufacturing vendors of Tata & M&M as I supply raw material to them. The chip shortage was sudden and by then too many cara were already manufactured and still are being done.

Mahidnra Chakan plant is huuuge! I won't doubt its capacity to hold vehicles. Still I will try and get inside info from some of the vendors.
Gaurav_7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:32   #4204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
You asked a question and members responded with their views and opinions, I guess it is not right to mock their thoughts or point of view.
So true. I don't like the fact that when people have taken time to respond with their opinions, they are not respected but mocked. We will all have divergent opinions and that is why we have this beautiful forum. We will all be well served if we continue to respect everyone's opinion and time taken to respond. Final decision will always be with the individuals as it is their dime and their car.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 14th January 2022 at 11:50.
alokk0912 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:01   #4205

Greetings of the day to all esteemed members.

I have been recently given the membership of this famed portal and this is my maiden post. Despite not being a member earlier, I have been closely following this thread and would like to share that I had got the delivery of my AX7L PETROL AUTOMATIC on 30 Nov 22. Have clocked around 3.5k kms so far & driven across the breadth of the country from East to West & now heading back this weekend!

Hope to keep contributing to the community.

Happy revving to all Team Bhpians
rish_shish137 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:03   #4206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
1. Specific to fuel. Am planning to go for petrol [AX7 AT L] since my running would be low (8K km/ year) and I don't want to get into any diesel related DEF issues as well. Is this a wise decision?
It depends on how many years you are planning to keep the car. I have created a very simple calculator to compare the fuel cost variance across years based on the usage. You can use it to see which option makes a better choice or break-even. Apart from these, there are other factors like DPF, future regulations on Diesel, highly refined petrol engine etc which may need to be considered. I got my AX7L P AT during Dec 2021, and so far am very happy with the decision.

Quote:
2. Specific to Bangalore. Could you provide inputs for which dealer provides the best experience - both sales and A.S.S.?
I am located in HSR but don't mind any dealership in Bangalore Urban generally as long as the experience is positive and dealings are clean.
I recommend Anant Cars. Have been associated with them over 8 years (including my past car) and had a pretty good customer service experience. Their Bannerghatta Road Branch may be close to you.

Quote:
3. Probability of getting the car by Diwali 2022 if I book in February?
Very difficult to predict, but i guess there is 80% chance if you book a petrol

Best of luck on making your decision! Happy Motoring.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx FuelCostVariance.xlsx (11.9 KB, 211 views)
mahesh.alse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:07   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Really Mahindra? For a car which is launched just 3-4 months back and people are not getting it due to high demand, you can't do such steep hike in price IMHO
I too don't see the point of a price hike now given that most of the cars being delivered for the next 4-6 months are price protected. The biggest beneficiary of the hike is the RTO as far as I can see.

It is possible that they are going to increase prices a lot more - which would make sense given the insane demand and lack of a suitable reply from the competition - and want the ramp up to look gentler.
Old 14th January 2022, 12:09   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians

A few queries - would appreciate your inputs.

1. Specific to fuel. Am planning to go for petrol [AX7 AT L] since my running would be low (8K km/ year) and I don't want to get into any diesel related DEF issues as well. Is this a wise decision?
This has been an age old debate across BSII till now in the BSVI age. The Math says Petrol, then it depends on what your heart says based on your driving experience of the particular vehicle. Remember that not necessarily all Petrol engines are under powered or not all Diesel Engines have terrible NVH. Incase of XUV 700 both the mills are evenly paced. So suggest you to take a long Test drive and decide.
For buyers like me who booked way back on 7th Oct(I have booked a Diesel variant), one tilting factor towards Diesel was the cost difference was roughly ~60K and above all I liked the Test Drive for the Diesel Xuv700 and although my runs won't mathematically justify this choice, I do have long distance highway driving as a need and thus Mind over Maths. The last pin on the straw, as pointed out by many BHPians here M&M is known for their reliable Diesel engines. Following is a very useful link by distinguished BHPian volkman10 which will help you further in your decision: -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...dominates.html (Petrol vs Diesel sales figures, in the BS6 era! Petrol dominates)

Quote:
2. Specific to Bangalore. Could you provide inputs for which dealer provides the best experience - both sales and A.S.S.?
I am located in HSR but don't mind any dealership in Bangalore Urban generally as long as the experience is positive and dealings are clean.
I booked with Ananta Cars Marthahalli branch ORR. If you ask me my SA was all lovey dovey until the booking but now he is just being a pure ass***. The other option was India Garage in Whitefield, but they never were enthusiastic enough to follow up with me for a booking, probably because they already had taken lot of bookings prior to 7th Oct.
However in general one of my friend who has an XUV 300 from Ananta Cars is pretty satisfied with their A.S.S

Quote:
If you ask me impossible. My tentative delivery date shows Sep'22 when I was one of the first 25K buyers. However things might become a bit more clear come March'22. There is news of new Global manufacturing plants for chips in countries like Indonesia and even Mexico. These will definitely ease the chock a block in the Global supply chain of the chips. So fingers crossed
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:29   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
You asked a question and members responded with their views and opinions
I had appreciated everyones responses and all I had mentioned was that I was surprised by the fact that there is overwhelming majority saying go for XUV700 which I had not expected obviously because that is why i was considering to go with the other option. I think there is nothing wrong in saying that and I am not sure what you read or interpreted as myself not respecting the members. I have big respect for everyone on this forum, more so for folks who take time to help fellow members like they did for me by responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
So true. I don't like the fact that when people have taken time to respond with their opinions, they are not respected but mocked.
Quote:
You asked a question and members responded with their views and opinions, I guess it is not right to mock their thoughts or point of view
I had appreciated everyones responses and all I had mentioned was that I was surprised by the fact that there is overwhelming majority saying go for XUV700 which I had not expected obviously because that is why i was considering to go with the other option. I think there is nothing wrong in saying that and I am not sure what you read or interpreted as myself not respecting the members. I have big respect for everyone on this forum, more so for folks who take time to help fellow members like they did for me by responding

Last edited by navin : 14th January 2022 at 17:02.
viscosity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:45   #4210
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians

A few queries - would appreciate your inputs.

Hello,
The chances of getting the car by Diwali isn't a possibility unless mahindra really ramps up their production.
I have booked my car through Sireesh Auto (Silk Board) and that was where my current the XUV 500 was also delivered, the dealership is pretty good.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:55   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience! I have booked the same model but in white color. Could you also share the fuel efficiency figures you got under various conditions?
All my trips had a good share of urban traffic. Roughly 3/4th rural roads/highways and 1/4th urban roads gave me between 9 and 10 kmpl. I am getting similar numbers in Bangalore suburbs too.

For short trips and city drives, I am getting between 6.5 and 7.5 kmpl. Note, these are pretty bad roads with numerous speed breakers and potholes which makes you brake and accelerate frequently. For reference, in my previous car which I drove mostly around these area, I replaced front brake pads at 15K km.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 16:25   #4212
BHPian

Quote:

1. The diesel-petrol price gap is very low for the XUV700 and the difference in mileage will be significant, especially if you drive like an 'enthusiast'. My usage is in the same ballpark as yours - slightly lower in fact - and the math clearly came down in favor of the diesel when I calculated assuming that the XUV petrol and diesel will have similar mileage as the Thar petrol and diesel respectively.

So, it comes down to how much you are willing to pay for the (relatively minor - IMO) hassle of pressing the manual regen button once every few weeks and being unable to use the car for half an hour.

2. It depends on the particular Sales Executive you have. Mine (from India garage) is outstanding. You need not stick to the service center where you booked btw. I intend to go to Sireesh since it is the closest to my house. It has good ratings.

3. Zero based on currently promised delivery dates.
yogishkamath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 17:05   #4213
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I just got a promised delivery date of 14th March 2023.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220114170426.jpg
Are there chances of getting it earlier?
Old 14th January 2022, 17:10   #4214

Wow, that is 26 months from now! Who would wait till then tbh.
Old 14th January 2022, 19:04   #4215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_7 View Post
Wow, that is 26 months from now! Who would wait till then tbh.
Hahahaha, I agree! But I wasn't in a need of a new car anyways, so i decided to book and forget .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks