Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 17:37   #4231
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Team, I booked AT Petrol Luxury Midnight Black on 24th December and I got delivery date as 9th Sept 2023.

Does it seems right? And do you guys think I can get it by Diwali 2022?
Old 15th January 2022, 19:01   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello...
8. According to my sources Mahindra has given more torque to the automatic diesel variants of the XUV700 not only to differentiate between the manual and the auto but also to improve the low end driveability of the automatic which was proving to be relatively poor. The manual gearbox can easily take the 450 NM torque...
Does the MX Variant have a different mechanical component setup than other variants (i.e. like a smaller/different Turbocharger, Alternator etc) ?
Old 15th January 2022, 19:29   #4233

Hey Guys! Some help please, My booking date shows 8th Of October but the dealer is saying that I won't get price protection and that it was booked later in the day.

Any of you guys who have booking date as 8th Oct but the dealer isn't giving price protection?
Old 15th January 2022, 20:41   #4234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
just thinking - the JIT manufacturing may not be precise JIT. So some or the other component delays would make every manufacturer to hold few cars before they are dispatched. About 50-100 should be normal. For the size of monthly sale, for XUV7OO, even 400-500 would be fine too. And that would look huge when seen from outside. Holding 3 x 3000 = 9000 cars in the plant for three months worth of supply - parking lot should be looking massive! Chakan plan has this much space left considering other cars being rolled out in some numbers?...
Quoting a t-bhp news article.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...-chip-shortage

Quote:
Around 8,000 semi-finished cars are lying in the yard waiting for ECUs at the Chakan plant.
This was from mid Aug, not sure it's the same now.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th January 2022 at 20:45.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 20:44   #4235
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest dope on the XUV700.

1. As I had mentioned earlier, according to my sources from April 2022 onwards we will see all the initial teething issues and software bugs getting sorted and nearly niggle free XUVs will be produced.

2. According to my sources, there will be a second round of price hike in Q2 of 2022 and one more somewhere at the end of this year which will result in the price being increased by around 3 lakh rupees as compared to the launch prices.

3. AX7 and AX7 L variants were being produced on priority till now as most of the bookings are for these variants plus profit margins are also fatter on these variants. But this month onwards production of AX5 variants will increase.

4. Earlier in the month of December I had mentioned that there were production issues with the Midnight Black colour and now there are issues with Silver colour. So in this months production very less Silver XUVs will be produced.

5. According to my sources, even though the XUV700 MX variant shares its diesel engine with the Thar albeit in a lower state of tune, DPF related issues are more in Thar than the XUV700.

6. XUVs produced from 5th January onwards have updated software for the infotainment system which will result in better clarity and reduced lag in the 360° camera feed.

7. The upcoming Scorpio is said to offer an even lighter clutch than the current XUV700 for both petrol and diesel engined variants. This updated clutch will be introduced in the XUV700 post the launch of Scorpio around the festive season this year.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is online now   (57) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 21:10   #4236

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest dope on the XUV700....

...That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
Thanks for the update. Is there any information on the battery issue? Is M&M looking at fixing this problem on priority and if yes, by when?
Ajay_BLR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 23:32   #4237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kousie_Arima View Post
Hey Guys! Some help please, My booking date shows 8th Of October but the dealer is saying that I won't get price protection and that it was booked later in the day.

Any of you guys who have booking date as 8th Oct but the dealer isn't giving price protection?
Check for the email that you received from Mahindra. If it's mentioned in the email then you should get price protection. The email comes from MahindraAuto@communications.emailermahindra.com
Check in your spam folder if you have not received it.
I booked on 7th, price protection was mentioned in the email received.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 00:42   #4238

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
Check in your spam folder if you have not received it.
I booked on 7th, price protection was mentioned in the email received.
I haven't gotten any mails from mahindra
Old 16th January 2022, 06:27   #4239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kousie_Arima View Post
I haven't gotten any mails from mahindra
Write to MAHINDRA customer care and explain your case. They’ll look into it
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 08:43   #4240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I have booked Petrol automatic. While I am realistic about turbo petrol mileage figures, I am confused on the actual real world mileage . People are quoting anything from 5-6 kmpl to 14 kmpl. I have a mental stop on 9kmpl. Anything below it in any condition (barring chronic traffic jams may be and pedal to metal driving) is a strict no for me.
I booked petrol for it's 200 bhp, refinement, NVH. It also justifies my yearly running (less than 8000kms). But now thinking to cancel it and go for diesel automatic.
IMO fuel cost is an overblown component of decision making generally for this segment. Let us look at the cost impact of 1 kmpl difference in mileage for you, from the best case you assumed. With your low running of 8000 km, we are speaking of buying 80 extra litres of fuel per year for each kmpl of lower mileage, which costs Rs. 8000. So even with a 3 kmpl variation, you are only going to spend less than 25K extra annually.

Now you are buying a 25 lakh vehicle and say, you will keep it for 5 years and sell it, for say 10 lakhs at the end of 5 years, so effective outgo is 3 lakhs per year. Assuming you take a loan, your EMI interest and maintenance cost would all total up to say, around 2 lakhs per year on average.

So we are spending 5 lakhs a year in ownership costs other than fuel, but the worry for us continues to be the 25K per year spent on extra fuel (which is less than 5% of ownership costs).

The answer to this quandary, IMO, is: The reason why one buys this vehicle is to enjoy driving it. To enjoy the power and smoothness of the drive. An Ertiga can transport the same number of people with similar comfort, at less than half the cost, but can never provide the majestic and powerful drive this car promises. So we are ready to spend more than double to get the XUV. This, to me, is the justification for spending 5+ lakhs a year in ownership costs.

So if you enjoy the heady acceleration, smoothness and high revving nature of a petrol SUV and are willing to spend good money for it, why spoil the experience by going for a coarse diesel just for sake of saving on the 5%? In fact the 5% fuel cost impact may be offset by the higher upfront cost of Diesel vehicle (old argument).

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th January 2022 at 08:54.
84.monsoon is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 09:07   #4241
BHPian

The 4th delivery date came and went without any developments. Delivery was supposed to be between 8th-15th Jan, 2022. Yesterday, the delivery date on the tracking page went blank and now only shows delivery God knows how many more unknown months of waiting - I wish they'd just give a proper delivery date and stick to that. Will call up dealership on Monday to inquire if they've got any update (though they also seem to be clueless most of the time). Wanted to update other members who are also waiting for their deliveries.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220116085847_chrome.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 09:30   #4242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

The answer to this quandary, IMO, is: The reason why one buys this vehicle is to enjoy driving it. To enjoy the power and smoothness of the drive. An Ertiga can transport the same number of people with similar comfort, at less than half the cost, but can never provide the majestic and powerful drive this car promises. So we are ready to spend more than double to get the XUV. This, to me, is the justification for spending 5+ lakhs a year in ownership costs.
Very well put. I have been advising my friends on similar lines. Somehow old habit die hard - we have evolved to spend 25+ Lacs (and ready to pay higher maintenance costs) but still want to calculate 'Kitna deti hai' rather than looking at bigger picture as you talked about

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th January 2022 at 09:56.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 10:11   #4243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post

Now I want help from you guys on the PPF and seat cover part. Any leads of Garware dealers in Chennai ?

I tried searching the posts .But couldn't get anything in Chennai for XUV700.

TIA
Congratulations on your new ride!!
Although the chances of finding anything for XUV700 anywhere this soon is quite remote, these are the 2 places I would suggest --
You may try Radio Ware House in Anna Nagar. There are a few branches in Chennai. They are the most resourceful and authentic car acc shop in Chennai, in my experience. The road behind LIC building (forgetting its name, I guess its GP road) is a whole street full of car acc shops. That's also an option, but only if you can easily tell the difference between original and duplicates... There you'll find cheaper 1sr / 2nd copies of the better brands.
RaghuChn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 10:36   #4244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
The 4th delivery date came and went without any developments. Delivery was supposed to be between 8th-15th Jan, 2022. Yesterday, the delivery date on the tracking page went blank and now only shows delivery God knows how many more unknown months of waiting - I wish they'd just give a proper delivery date and stick to that. Will call up dealership on Monday to inquire if they've got any update (though they also seem to be clueless most of the time). Wanted to update other members who are also waiting for their deliveries.
In the same boat as you, have booked the top end AT Diesel AWD. With delivery dates moving from Nov end to Dec end and now Jan end, not sure when this will end

Till few weeks back the delivery date was displayed on the online portal. After I wrote a strong email to the Senior Management, they conveniently removed the delivery date. Also, Mahindra Automotive is not taking any ownership and pushed the dealer to call me and update with the cliched response on chip storage. Very irresponsible behaviour displayed by Mahindra. For me it's getting frustrating as I've been without a vehicle since March last year after I sold my Swift Dzire ZDI, a decision that I regret every day.

Meanwhile I have made an alternative booking of Kia Seltos GTX+ AT Diesel, sheer desperation. Infact the Seltos HTX+ Diesel Manual was my original choice till XUV 700 was released. Took a test drive and must say I was satisfied. Low safety rating still bothers me and hence opted for a model with six airbags. The dealer gave me an estimate time of mid Feb provided I'm flexible with the colour options.

XUV 700 and Seltos is not a fair comparison at all. For a family of three, either of the options work fine for me. While I really love the XUV 700, I'm going to go ahead with the one that is made available to me earlier. I'm sure there are lot many people like me who are going to or have already switched their bookings, I bet Mahindra is not bothered at all with the juicy beeline already available if customers cancel.

This is my first experience with Mahindra and mighty disappointed with them.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 12:25   #4245
BHPian

Recently did a trip to Mahabaleshwar kn my AX7L diesel manual.Enjoyed every bit of the drive.We were 5 people+luggage.Never felt lack of space or comfort.Sheer power this vehicle offers is commendable.Didnt use the zoom mode because I was running in the engine.Zap mode provides enough grunt.
Did the first service once I was back.Navigation was not working which the service center guys activated with a software update.Car has a minor rattle from rear door which they said they will fix when I visit them again.
Overall a pleasant experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220109_173537.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220109_172846.jpg  

niranjan.mulye is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed