Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2022, 15:04   #4246
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
IMO fuel cost is an overblown component of decision making generally for this segment. Let us look at the cost impact of 1 kmpl difference in mileage for you, from the best case you assumed. With your low running of 8000 km, we are speaking of buying 80 extra litres of fuel per year for each kmpl of lower mileage, which costs Rs. 8000. So even with a 3 kmpl variation, you are only going to spend less than 25K extra annually.

Now you are buying a 25 lakh vehicle and say, you will keep it for 5 years and sell it, for say 10 lakhs at the end of 5 years, so effective outgo is 3 lakhs per year. Assuming you take a loan, your EMI interest and maintenance cost would all total up to say, around 2 lakhs per year on average.

So we are spending 5 lakhs a year in ownership costs other than fuel, but the worry for us continues to be the 25K per year spent on extra fuel (which is less than 5% of ownership costs).

The answer to this quandary, IMO, is: The reason why one buys this vehicle is to enjoy driving it. To enjoy the power and smoothness of the drive. An Ertiga can transport the same number of people with similar comfort, at less than half the cost, but can never provide the majestic and powerful drive this car promises. So we are ready to spend more than double to get the XUV. This, to me, is the justification for spending 5+ lakhs a year in ownership costs.

So if you enjoy the heady acceleration, smoothness and high revving nature of a petrol SUV and are willing to spend good money for it, why spoil the experience by going for a coarse diesel just for sake of saving on the 5%? In fact the 5% fuel cost impact may be offset by the higher upfront cost of Diesel vehicle (old argument).
I agree, in this segment one buys a car for the pleasure of driving. Another aspect to take into account comparing with diesel is the DPF issue.
Old 16th January 2022, 15:20   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
In the same boat as you, have booked the top end AT Diesel AWD. With delivery dates moving from Nov end to Dec end and now Jan end, not sure when this will end
Well, it's the same story with all AWD bookings i guess. The delivery date is now removed from the portal and we are left in the dark for a date! . However, my dealer is quite confident about my XUV700 being delivered within this month and asking me to start documentation for delivery. According to them, if we have had a Dec end delivery date, then we should be getting our delivery in Jan. New shipments expected in a week's time I suppose.

@Raghunath, a bit more patience and you won't regret . There is no other replacement for XUV700 AWD in the market today. Hope to see some AWD deliveries in Bangalore soon.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 15:31   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
So even with a 3 kmpl variation, you are only going to spend less than 25K extra annually.
Now you are buying a 25 lakh vehicle and say, you will keep it for 5 years and sell it, for say 10 lakhs at the end of 5 years, so effective outgo is 3 lakhs per year. Assuming you take a loan, your EMI interest and maintenance cost would all total up to say, around 2 lakhs per year on average.
Your argument is valid, but the calculation can be improved.

The question poster is worried because mileage figures posted are in a wide range of 6 kmpl to 14 kmpl. If it's 6, certainly the difference between petrol and diesel won't be 3 kmpl.

Assuming 3kmpl difference as you stated,

petrol = 8 kmpl
diesel = 11 kmpl.

Yearly consumption:
Petrol = 1000 litres
Diesel = 730 litres

Price:
Petrol = 110
diesel = 100

Total cost:
Petrol = 1,10,000
Diesel = 73000

Difference = 37k.

Now come to the cost.

After 5 years, the car costing 25 lakh now would fetch 15 lakh, not 10. It has huge demand, and resale would be strong. So only 2 lakh loss per year, not 3.

Even if the whole 25 lakh is taken as loan for 5 years, total interest outgo is only 5 lakh. So avg of 1 lakh per year. Maintenance would be max 20k per year.

So total yearly expenditure is 3.2 lakh per year. And fuel cost diff is 37k. Still may not be significant for some people, but could be for others.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 17:44   #4249
BHPian

Hi everybody!

I am very excited to be part of this community and that too at a time when I am close to getting delivery of XUV 700. I have been reading the posts of TeamBHP several years now but never thought of joining the club. But this forum gave me that extra push and here I am.

I was a proud owner of Celerio for 6.5 years (drove 48000 Km only). No complaints whatsoever with the brand or the car. Not single time it disappointed me or left me stranded on the road. Celerio was a smart buy considering my requirements and budget issue and was not the one which I loved it (Swift). Hence, after lot of thoughts and discussion I decided to buy a new one. In Nov 2021, I sold it at 24Cars.com for 3.21 Lacs. The overall selling experience was good.

This time I thought I would buy the car which I love and will not settle for anything else. I didn’t want to go through the same feeling of not pushing enough to buy the car which you love. There were many options, but none came close to Thar and XUV 700. I think everybody wants to have Thar but very few can have it. Thinking about my mother and better half, I opted for XUV 700.

I booked XUV 700 AX5 D AT 5-seater via dealer in Nagpur on 07 Oct 2021. I went for automatic as I knew driving such a big car that too manual transmission will require lot of effort every day. Don’t want to buy petrol car because I don’t want to worry or think about the mileage every time I drive. I was never excited about ADAS as I personally think Indian public is not ready yet and I would anyway turn it off most of the time. Coming to 5-Seater Vs 7-Seater, I booked 5-Seater as I have family of maximum 4 at any given time so why to have 7-Seater and pay extra. I knew black color would require lot of maintenance but that was the one which I loved it.

The booking experience was okay. The SA forgot to take my booking and was reluctant to take one because I called him later at the evening on 06 Oct 2021. I was one of the lucky ones to get price protection and expected delivery date was 27 Jan 2022. However, later it got changed to 26 Feb 2022 and now again today it is preponed to 27 Jan 2022. So, everybody who is waiting eagerly for the car, you can get a month early as well from my experience.

I test drove the XUV 700 and its worth the hype. I also took TD of Harrier and Safari and liked Safari more than Harrier however XUV 700 which I loved at it.
I am currently in discussion with SA regarding the Insurance as I have quote of 70K (ICICI and New India Insurance), and his quote is at 1 Lac (ICICI) which I will obviously not agree too. I too feel that 70K is higher considering few members have got same premium for AX7 L and I am trying to see if I can get lesser quote. The price of accessory provided by the dealer is very high and I have shortlisted only for seater cover, reverse camera, mud flaps and 3D floor matt. Thankfully, I was able to get Form 20 for BH series from my company however, I sense some issues during registration at RTO.

Will keep you all updated!
Piyush_DT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 18:35   #4250
BHPian

Guys, Does anyone have an understanding of how the smart air filter feature works on XUV700? Mahindra using a different cabin air filter for AX7 which has this feature, or is another additional filter added over the stock filter.

Trying to understand if we could retrofit the air purifier filter in lower trims as well, considering all cars have the same HVAC system. If it's just a different air filter being used, it should technically be easy to swap. Thoughts?
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 19:41   #4251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Guys, Does anyone have an understanding of how the smart air filter feature works on XUV700? Mahindra using a different cabin air filter for AX7 which has this feature, or is another additional filter added over the stock filter.
Said to be an industry first with HEPA/Cabin filter & UV light to filter the air, it is detailed in this thread somewhere as an part of their product walk through transcript. A feature addition thanks to Pandemic.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 20:20   #4252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
Hi everybody!

I booked XUV 700 AX5 D AT 5-seater

Will keep you all updated!
So finally I meet someone here who booked the variant as I have and for the same reasons, with the only difference in colour. I chose Everest White, black looks awesome but needs constant cleaning and maintenance. Also, demands more from the AC unit. I used to drive a dark green coloured civic more than a decade back and in hot summer, it used to take a while to cool. Keep updating.
Old 16th January 2022, 21:25   #4253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
So finally I meet someone here who booked the variant as I have and for the same reasons, with the only difference in colour. I chose Everest White, black looks awesome but needs constant cleaning and maintenance. Also, demands more from the AC unit. I used to drive a dark green coloured civic more than a decade back and in hot summer, it used to take a while to cool. Keep updating.
Even I was looking for somebody who has booked same variant. I am or trying to be prepared for the efforts black color requires. My previous car (Celerio) was white, so didn't want to have the same color. Initially, I had reservations regarding White color but after seeing my neighbor's, I think it is 2nd best color after Black. Something you should keeping looking for is the luggage cover for 5-Seater variant. It is is not available at M2Mall. Even customer care executive doesn't have any clue on the same. The dealer quoted me Rs 9000 which is way expensive and I am not paying that sum. I hope availability of accessories also improves in coming days.
Old 16th January 2022, 23:41   #4254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Well, it's the same story with all AWD bookings i guess. The delivery date is now removed from the portal and we are left in the dark for a date! .
My delivery date against my AWD booking hasn’t changed, it’s still the same May month. May not be for all, I suspect it’s mostly for Jan/feb ones.
Old 17th January 2022, 05:55   #4255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest dope on the XUV700.
3. AX7 and AX7 L variants were being produced on priority till now as most of the bookings are for these variants plus profit margins are also fatter on these variants. But this month onwards production of AX5 variants will increase.
Thanks Ram for the update, any insights on the AWD model. Thanks in Advance
hemanthbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 10:04   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
Something you should keeping looking for is the luggage cover for 5-Seater variant. It is is not available at M2Mall.
I am also looking for someways to avoid loose luggage becoming projectiles on sudden braking! My dealer didn't have it too. Given the luggage cover is not available on m2all, I am now considering nets. This (links to Amazon) is the closest fit I have found till now.

Any recommendations, anyone?
Old 17th January 2022, 12:08   #4257
BHPian

After a week of ownership,this is the mileage I am getting inside the city. Not bad for a 2 ton petrol vehicle I would say. Mahindra XUV700 Review-2d8dfab91ed342c1ab8a091d85292bdb.png
Enthusiast81 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 14:28   #4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
After a week of ownership, this is the mileage I am getting inside the city. Not bad for a 2 ton petrol vehicle I would say.
Thanks for sharing. Is this a petrol or diesel variant?
Old 17th January 2022, 16:29   #4259
BHPian

Can someone please confirm the latest version of software installed in AX 7 Diesel Automatic.

I too am facing random Audio source selection issue. Some time it starts playing the Radio and other times, it starts playing from the plugged in USB drive. Every time it starts playing from the USB drive, it starts from the first song, rather than starting from where it stopped the last time. Also, there is an issue where the volume settings selected previously are not getting saved. Few of the forum members have reported this issue in earlier posts. I have also found a random issue with reverse camera feed getting ON automatically. I am sure these are related to a buggy software and can be fixed with an update.

Has anyone got the latest software update from Mahindra? Have they sorted these issues?

Also, what is the version of Adrenox App on Android that you are using?

The version of Adrenox app on my phone is Ver. 1.0.0

It is very strange that I am not able to see the kind of details on the Adrenox app on my OnePlus 6T, when I compare with the image shared by "Enthusiast81" in the earlier post.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 16:44   #4260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
After a week of ownership,this is the mileage I am getting inside the city.
How do you get this view? Is this on iOS? On Android, on the trip view, I see only travel time, top speed, avg speed and alerts; all in one row.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks