Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 14:27   #4456
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

The biggest advantages i found in lease was that i could save in tax and around 144000 per year in fuel and maintenance charges. After comparing Lease vs car loan, i always found lease to be cheaper ( even though the ROI is high) because of above two components.

I tried my level best to convince the lease provider to consider my request, but they will not go above my sanctioned amount. Also tried with the dealer to add the difference amount as discount ( which i will pay him directly) but he refused to do so as all invoices come from Mahindra directly. In the end, i had to settle for car loan.

Its good to know we are dealing with the same dealer. What's your delivery date ?

If anyone else has any ideas to go with car lease, please share.
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 14:46   #4457
BHPian

Yesterday morning, a friend in Delhi had the issue of his XUV not starting. It was a case of battery draining out overnight.

With the number of battery draining issues increasing, Mahindra should perhaps look at distributing complimentary Jump starter kits to all XUV 7oo owners .

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2022 at 16:52. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 1st February 2022, 15:13   #4458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
I booked AX7 L Petrol Automatic Midnight Black on 7th October, the website shows delivery in May/June 2022, I might get the car earlier than that. I have owned XUV 500 W8 since July 2012, in April 2017 I changed to W10 AT.
Can you share the cost of PPF and ceramic which you incurred previously? I am hoping it wouldn't vary vastly from the current prices.

MOD NOTE : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2022 at 16:24. Reason: Mod note attached.
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 15:31   #4459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
[*]Logo Projector lamps ( I have this in my present XUV 500 )[*]3D Kagu Mats ( I have them in XUV 500 and am very happy with them, the company is still developing a mat set for the 700 and will be ready in a couple of months)
I was previously an owner of XUV500 which had the projector lamps. And after I got delivery of my XUV700 I realised that the operation of the folding mirrors in the two cars is different. In the XUV500 the mirrors unfold when you unlock the car and the logo is projected on the floor. While in the XUV700 the mirrors do not unfold when you unlock, but only when you start the engine. So not sure when the logo will get projected; when you unlock the car and mirrors are still folded? Then not sure if the projector lamp is directed outward as otherwise the projection will get obscured by the door. Or will the logo get projected when you are in the car and start the engine when the mirrors unfold. Then you wouldn’t get to see it sitting in the car! Not that I am looking to install, but when I saw that as part of an accessory was wondering is it worth it? Just a thought and not trying to dissuade you, but you may want to find out from the showroom on the same before you take the plunge!

For the mats I came across this brand called CTrack Nxt through an accessory guy. I was specifically looking for tan coloured mats for my white ride. I really like them. And for 5k I thought its good quality as it fits well pretty much edge to edge covering the entire area. It comes for all 3 rows (single piece for middle and last row).

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-623c09924e0047459d885b19f68f39ae.jpeg  

Last edited by Vashanis : 1st February 2022 at 15:55.
Vashanis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 15:57   #4460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
If you are under price protection( as you booked on the first day itself), then the invoice will have the original price only. But the road tax, registration charges etc. will change as they will be calculated on the new prices. What you need to check is if this pushes the value of the vehicle beyond your approved car lease value.
Our company policy only looks at ex-showroom price for approvals!
I think i am saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post

From my past calculations I did not see a big savings in the lease program with GST eating into much of the savings - if I remember correctly the tax component a registration increases slightly due to it being a company registration and then there is a GST component that has to be paid at the time of lease closure/preclosure as well. I may be wrong on this but would like to know your take on this?
Yes, you have to pay GST component at the end of your tenure.
But even including that I will be paying a Lakh lesser for the model I booked, As we get some benefit in tax reduction and fuel allowance. On top of that I will be saving interest if I go for a car loan.

Quote:
I tried my level best to convince the lease provider to consider my request, but they will not go above my sanctioned amount. Also tried with the dealer to add the difference amount as discount ( which i will pay him directly) but he refused to do so as all invoices come from Mahindra directly. In the end, i had to settle for car loan.
Same case with our car lease vendors their policies are very strict. Unfortunate that its just 4000 thats stopping to use the benefit.
Old 1st February 2022, 16:04   #4461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
I was previously an owner of XUV500 which had the projector lamps. And after I got delivery of my XUV700 I realised that the operation of the folding mirrors in the two cars is different. In the XUV500 the mirrors unfold when you unlock the car and the logo is projected on the floor. While in the XUV700 the mirrors do not unfold when you unlock, but only when you start the engine. So not sure when the logo will get projected; when you unlock the car and mirrors are still folded? Then not sure if the projector lamp is directed outward as otherwise the projection will get obscured by the door. Or will the logo get projected when you are in the car and start the engine when the mirrors unfold. Then you wouldn’t get to see it sitting in the car! Not that I am looking to install, but when I saw that as part of an accessory was wondering is it worth it? Just a thought and not trying to dissuade you, but you may want to find out from the showroom on the same before you take the plunge!
Thanks for this input, in that case it really is no use having these projector lamps.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 20:26   #4462
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Hi Ambadan,

Now in my current scenario where I am mostly working from home, i was hoping to run the car for a couple minutes every 3-4 days remotely (without AC as my car is in a covered car park ) to ensure I don’t end up with a dead battery. Or am I being too lazy to get down for a few minutes! Or is it just that I want the ability to have the option which is technologically possible and probably logical?
Running it every 3-4 days for a 'couple of minutes' is going to drain the battery faster than just leaving it alone. Because that duration of alternator running at idle engine speed is nowhere enough to restore the charge lost by the battery to crank the car. Run it for one continuous 1/2 hour (not idling in parking lot) stint of errands or something, with actual load applied to the engine, once a week. Battery will get charged up (assuming that there is only 1 start for the entire 1/2 hour duration, without multiple switchoffs during the stint, until parking it back)
venkyhere is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 20:53   #4463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Running it every 3-4 days for a 'couple of minutes' is going to drain the battery faster than just leaving it alone.
Oh! Did not know this. Thanks for info. As I say everyday is a new “School Day!”

Cheers!
Old 1st February 2022, 21:05   #4464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now in my current scenario where I am mostly working from home, i was hoping to run the car for a couple minutes every 3-4 days remotely (without AC as my car is in a covered car park ) to ensure I don’t end up with a dead battery. Or am I being too lazy to get down for a few minutes! Or is it just that I want the ability to have the option which is technologically possible and probably logical?
Below post may well help you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
A word of caution to those who remote start the car via the app. Each such start is going to drain the battery further nor idling the car would quite juice up the battery either. It's better to use a car charger or take it out for a spin every 4-5 days if one's to park the car for extended periods. Remote start option shouldn't be used for the purpose of juicing up the battery in such scenarios. It'll make the battery die down eventually after few such starts.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 1st February 2022 at 21:07.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 22:10   #4465
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the cost of PPF and ceramic which you incurred previously? I am hoping it wouldn't vary vastly from the current prices.
I think I paid Rs 12,000 for the 4 corners, I did not get any ceramic coating done. This time I am going through the detailing threads on this platform and also watching some youtube videos and am thinking of doing the ceramic coat my self. Let's see.
Old 1st February 2022, 22:50   #4466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! Did not know this. Thanks for info. As I say everyday is a new “School Day!”

Cheers!
Frequent short trips will not allow the battery to charge at the same time will not let the engine run efficiently as the engine does not get warmed up. Also never start an engine and let it idle for long , it's not good for the engine , drive at moderate speeds and once the engine is warmed up you can drive the hell out of it. Enjoy!
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 23:15   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
have already written and spoken to the tech team.
Can I ask you how to reach out to the technical team?
Me and some other folks in my group have issues with AdrenoX vehcile control screen - where the app keeps saying "Enabling device..." Randomly and hangs up. Software update to latest version hasn't helped (v7xx.12)

Would like to pass on the feedback directly to mahindra technical team and get some suggestions of any to make this work.

Last edited by piyush1.a : 1st February 2022 at 23:17.
Old 1st February 2022, 23:37   #4468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Can I ask you how to reach out to the technical team?
Me and some other folks in my group have issues with AdrenoX vehcile control screen - where the app keeps saying "Enabling device..." Randomly and hangs up. Software update to latest version hasn't helped (v7xx.12)

Would like to pass on the feedback directly to mahindra technical team and get some suggestions of any to make this work.
One of the ways I reached out is met with the tech guy who upgraded the software version in the infotainment system. Spoke to him at length on these issues showing him how the app was functioning and also asked him to find out how to transfer the videos from the micro SD card to USB or phone.

The other one is to write to customercare@mahindra.com with your relationship manager in cc. Got a prompt call back to take my feedback and suggestions.

I hope it helps.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 23:59   #4469
BHPian

Quote:
The other one is to write to customercare@mahindra.com with your relationship manager in cc. Got a prompt call back to take my feedback and suggestions.
Cheers!
Thanks - I have just done this. Lets see if I get any response.
Attaching some screenshots from the app.
Also seems many people have this issue - as seen from the feedback on the Play Store.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220201232433_adrenox-connect.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220201233649_adrenox-connect.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220201235409_google-play-store.jpg  

piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 17:18   #4470
BHPian

Hi all -

By way of context - I've only driven a dzire (old model, petrol vxi) for the most part and for few years before that wasn't driving at all. Now, I needed to upgrade. I'm tall 6'2" and thought of going the CSUV or SUV route because of lower back issues. Running is in city - Gurugram / Jaipurr and between these two with occasional road trips thrown in. So I test drove a Tata Harrier (diesel auto), XL6 (petrol auto), Volkswagen Taigun (petrol manual), Skoda Kushaq (petrol manual), Scross (petrol manual) and two XUV 700s. I liked the XUV the most - hence the question here.

Of these two TDs,

- One was a diesel auto which is a bit beyond budget and frankly my running is going to be about 6-8k kms per year so not sure of diesel. I fell in love with the handling though (minus missing the gear change). It was the AX7L variant.

- One petrol manual - I couldn't test drive it much (4 km drive as the showroom didn't have one for two weeks, then finally arranged it. I really liked it, it was the AX7L variant in petrol that the company is apparently not selling. I can afford the AX5 manual variant and even the AX7 one but the wait on the latter is a bit much.

My questions are as follows -
- Is Mahindra petrol reliable? They seem to be known for diesel vehicles.
- I found the clutch to be a bit stiff. Surprisingly I didn't find the steering, gear lever, accelerator or brake to be stiff at all - they were as easy to operate as swift dzire (old model).

Any thoughts? I'm going to have the car for 10+ years or till such time as the car is road worthy (registration etc).

p.s. Logged into the forum after I think 3 years or so, if this isn't the right place for the post, then mods may take a kind view, I hope.

MOD NOTE : Please go through Forum Etiquettes, shall aid in better post formation.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd February 2022 at 18:56. Reason: Mod note attached.
vaibhav_a_a is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks