Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 17:03   #5176
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Shouldn't the booking reference id be starting with OTF? I see a a0Y2uxxxxx6DlKWEA0 in your link have you masked it knowingly or how can we access this page
Yes I have masked the id. The ‘bid’ parameter is different from OTF id. If you have it then simply replace the part after = with your id. If you don’t then you’ll have to wait for Mahindra to fix the glitch.
Old 5th April 2022, 17:08   #5177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
Same here, But the showroom called this morning and told me that the car has been billed it would take 12-15 days for it to reach Bangalore. I haven't received a official confirmation by e-mail or text message . and the Booking status shows empty !

Buying this car has been the most challenging experience in my life ! I Literally had to beg and plead with them almost 30 times for an update. My question is, if they had it automated they have to make sure at least the website is free of glitches, They could just put up a "Updates" popup or something when you land on XUV700 official website.

The buying process to the equipment availability or even the communication is by far the worst I have experienced, Why are we(the customers) expected to know about all of this thru Team BHP or other sources ?Its sad that the company that can make a good car cannot send an automated e-mail update for this.
Same experience here,I had to beg, plead, fight, escalate to get my car. By the way, don't tell me it's Anant cars
Old 5th April 2022, 18:46   #5178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Same experience here,I had to beg, plead, fight, escalate to get my car. By the way, don't tell me it's Anant cars
+1 Ananta Cars Marathahalli orr
Old 5th April 2022, 19:43   #5179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Shouldn't the booking reference id be starting with OTF? I see a a0Y2uxxxxx6DlKWEA0 in your link have you masked it knowingly or how can we access this page
Yes, it is masked. See the screenshot below and you'll find 2 distinct ids in it:
1. Booking Reference ID: having a format of: a0Y2uXXXXX
2. Order ID: having a format of OTF22XXXXX.

You will need to form the url using the booking reference ID and NOT the Order ID.

https://auto.mahindra.com/ordertrack?bid=<YOUR OWN Booking Reference ID>

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindra_booking_details_bid.jpg
gurminder_81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 21:42   #5180
BHPian

I have booked through Dealer on Oct 7th. estimated deliver is Jun 26th. Still shows same on website as order confirmed status.

Last week, dealer called me and told the vehicle will arrive in April.

Has it been happened to others like this and vehicle delivered early? or Dealer is giving fake updates to avoid cancellations?
Old 5th April 2022, 23:07   #5181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
I have booked through Dealer on Oct 7th. estimated deliver is Jun 26th. Still shows same on website as order confirmed status.

Has it been happened to others like this and vehicle delivered early? or Dealer is giving fake updates to avoid cancellations?
Has happened to multiple people. My advice is not to look at the website and keep chasing the dealer. My vehicle is delivered and the website is stuck at order under planning
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 23:32   #5182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
That is quite good! Gives such positive vibes for people like me who have booked petrol after years of diesel vehicle ownership
You surely wouldn't be disappointed with the petrol engine. Power delivery & the smoothness is phenomenal. You can race with BMW's on the highway if you wish.
But just FYI, these numbers were MID numbers & not tankful to tankful numbers & the car was driven with a light foot but decent speeds. In fact I think the car would give the best fuel efficiency at 105 - 115 Kmph on an open road since stays just around 2K rpm at these speeds.
nickelniks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 01:21   #5183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
What is the Temp ref number? For my booking it is currently blank.

Cheers...
Old 6th April 2022, 12:42   #5184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post

Congratulations! May we know which variant you have booked pls?
Old 6th April 2022, 13:40   #5185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Has happened to multiple people. My advice is not to look at the website and keep chasing the dealer. My vehicle is delivered and the website is stuck at order under planning
Actually this makes me wonder why Mahindra has this website sham at all! It is obviously not giving any accurate or even useful information, there does not seem to be much a of logic associated with it and looking at these dates, one would feel only saddened.

Or is there logic to it and it is based on resources available to them for manufacturing?

One of my cousin's friend who works at Mahindra had told us their manufacturing process is split up in batches based on model, engine type, variant, color, etc. which is why some who have book later get vehicle sooner, but some others are still waiting since Oct 7 '21.

Any insights?
Old 6th April 2022, 13:48   #5186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Congratulations! May we know which variant you have booked pls?
I have booked AX7L AWD MIDNIGHT BLACK with Vijayawada Dealer
Old 6th April 2022, 17:38   #5187
BHPian

My AX7L D AT AWD Midnight black has arrived and has cleared my PDI. Mahindra's Dealer management system is down for upgrade/maintenance from 1 st April and no new bookings or invoicing of customer deliveries is happening. This has put a spanner in the the delivery of my Vehicle. No one knows when it will be invoiced, registered and delivered. Fingers crossed.
I have heard rumours that the paint shades are changing soon as well.

Lets see how the next few days go by. The wait for delivery after seeing your car is really getting to me.
heman_369 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 19:12   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Actually this makes me wonder why Mahindra has this website sham at all! It is obviously not giving any accurate or even useful information, there does not seem to be much a of logic associated with it and looking at these dates, one would feel only saddened.

Or is there logic to it and it is based on resources available to them for manufacturing?

One of my cousin's friend who works at Mahindra had told us their manufacturing process is split up in batches based on model, engine type, variant, color, etc. which is why some who have book later get vehicle sooner, but some others are still waiting since Oct 7 '21.

Any insights?
I will leave it to experts to provide insights but what I know is that the vehicle production and delivery is managed centrally by Mahindra. Although their website doesn't get updated as frequently and correctly as it should but it is the only source of info for people who don't want to go via the dealer route. I will still suggest you to check frequently with dealer on the dates, probably speak to their manager directly rather than the sales person.
Old 6th April 2022, 20:20   #5189
BHPian

As the car went for its first service today (more on that later), it seems like a good time to finally write an initial ownership report

Kms on the odo = 960 km
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa00112.jpg

• Smooth, refined petrol motor which always has more than enough power whenever you want it.

• Beige leatherette upholstery, soft touch material on the dash, the combined screens, panoramic sunroof give the interior an upmarket ambience.

• Steering wheel is comfortable to hold, enough seat adjustments (the adjustment 'mini seat' looks lovely too) available.

• Ample legroom in second row, third row can fit kids comfortably. We have folded the third row and use it as a massive boot area.

• The touchscreen is slick and convenient to use. UI is quite good.

Dislikes
• While I have no real dislikes or problems with the car, a few missing features sting, such as ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM, boot lamp.
• Road presence doesn't match the Safari (especially the Adventure Persona) or even the Hector (in red and black)
• Gives a maximum of 9kmpl even after being driven very sedately (3rd gear at 30 kind of driving) in the city.

Neutral
• Ride quality - Stable at high speeds, inspires confidence. But a bit bumpy at low speeds. Still a serious upgrade over Quanto and older gen Mahindras.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa00122.jpg
My favourite angle to view the car

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa00023.jpg
The rear has gradually started to grow on me

A few bits and pieces regarding some of the various features -

• Alexa - Can open the sunroof, play songs, set the temperature. It often gets confused when asked to play Hindi songs or navigate to places with long Indian names. Have stopped asking her if the weather is scorching hot or boiling hot.

• In built navigation - It has some very very useful details. It can read direction signs, road signs and speed limit as well. While there is usually a confusion on G Maps whether to exit a flyover or not, the inbuilt navigation displays neat diagrams to show exactly where you have to go on a flyover, Y junction, loops, etc. (Apologies for no photos of these)

• AdrenoX app - Throws notifications at you left and right when the car is started, stopped, when it is being driven without a seatbelt etc. The controls aren't exactly hit and miss but not 100% either. Shows an interesting video replay of the car on the map after the trip. Haven't been able to figure out EcoSense rating

• Sunroof - Much talked feature nowadays. I am a part of the group which is in its favour and consider it useful. You can either open the curtain fully, tilt the glass pane, open it, or adjust the curtain to the point you want it to open till.

Maintanence Schedule
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa0014.jpg

Got 1st service done today. Nothing except inspection and cleaning job.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa00082.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa00002.jpg

A few doubts and queries ---

1. Is there any way to play music through Amazon music app through Alexa?

2. Different outlets are giving very different quotes and timeline on ceramic coating
1) 15k and 3 hours, done within a day
2) 25k and 7-8 hours, done within a day
3) 35k at Detailing Devils, 3 days total
4) 45+ k, one week..
Please guide as to what will be the right choice.

3. Is there no simple way of enabling keyless entry?

4. Any tips to reduce side to side movement on cross axle (?) bumps, such as those immediately after a turn or those at the end of a parking ramp?
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa00043.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220406wa0005.jpg
quantobigboot is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 08:57   #5190
BHPian

Any update from anyone regarding the missing booking details on the auto.mahindra.com portal?
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed