Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:18   #5611
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
I'm expecting just a regular functional cruise control feature , not Adaptive cruise since AX5 has none of the radar sensors and the cameras.
I think this part has already been implemented aftermarket on AX5 in this video. Although they have claimed that cruise control is working there does not seem to be any proof of that in the video. This also has the additional benefit of bringing all the MID controls back to the steering column (where they should have been in the first place!)

Old 23rd May 2022, 14:38   #5612
BHPian

Dear Sir. Any updates to this excel? Is the price hike now 2L and will it go up further you think?

I'm getting ready delivery of AX5 petrol manual as someone canceled it. My original booking is AX7 diesels, but over 3 4 months away. So I'm thinking to take this ready AX5. What you think sir. Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Prices have increased around 1 Lakh for every model since launch and I expect it to go up even further before they launch the updated Scorpio.
Old 23rd May 2022, 14:48   #5613
BHPian

Hi All - I am new member to this forum (but a very old follower of Team-BHP )

I have booked XUV 700 AX5 D in November and have been waiting forever for the delivery. Going through the posts in this forum and other online forums, I am a little worried about the issues with the vehicle. There have been multiple issues like Screen blackouts, battery draining, weird noises from the suspension, AC knobs falling out, etc. This has started to make me think if its worth waiting for this vehicle and if spending around 21L of my hard earned money or invest this same amount on Tata Safari or Innova.

I prefer to make many long trips to places I wish to travel with my new vehicle rather than trips around service center getting my vehicle fixed. The vehicle no doubt is a beast and I loved driving it.

Looking for some suggestions and views about my dilemma.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:48   #5614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
I have booked XUV 700 AX5 D in November and have been waiting forever for the delivery.
Hi Bharat,
To get you out of your dilemma, every new vehicle will have some hatching issues , specially from the Indian manufacturers. For the XUV, Mahindra is doing a fabulous job of rectifying them since launch. And you can expect the same form a safari. Innova is an absolutely different ballgame when it comes to reliability. But then, depending on your personal choice, if you've booked the XUV go ahead with it full heartedly. Expect some niggles , but the overall experience of owning this beast, you'll cherish. AX5 is still compatitively less tech laden, so expect fewer niggles. Rest, fingers crossed 🤞

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I think this part has already been implemented aftermarket on AX5 in this video.
Yes, that was also one big reason to get these. Although I'm not sure of both the controls working simultaneously is a good idea or not.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd May 2022 at 16:54. Reason: Back to Back POsts mereged. Trimmed Quoted post.
shiven2207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:00   #5615
BHPian

Under what conditions is transfer of booking allowed by Mahindra/in general? I generally remember it being only for within the same direct family
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:10   #5616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
Sad that brand new vehicle has to sit in service center for two more days to get the approval for replacement part. replacement part expected in a week. hope this resolves the issue of internet connection and i can start using Adrenox remotely.
Final update - issue resolved. but the replacement silver box also failed during flashing/installation. they had to order another one and that fixed the issue.
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:33   #5617
BHPian

I was not very happy with the factory fitted speakers and I replaced them with Infinity Reference Components (6520CX) in the front doors and Nakamichi coaxials (NSE - 1638) in the rear. I did not install any subwoofer or amp and I wanted to try this plug and play before going for further upgrades.

I’ve been using it for 4 months now and for some songs the bass was slightly jarring and took away the fun of listening. So I approached a car audio store in Chennai (Car Tunez) and asked them to suggest me with solutions to arrest this issue. I was even ready to go for an amp to get a better depth and a softer bass. But they said that the speakers are working perfectly fine and even the player is well tuned to suit speaker upgrades. They suggested me to do the car damping alone and they promised me a much better output than what it was giving then. So I decided to give it a try and they installed DrArtex iridium damping sheets on all the doors. The bass is much better now and even without a subwoofer, it is more pronounced. Honestly this is my first try at car damping in spite of owning cars for a while now. The results are superb.

So in case you guys are looking for an audio upgrade, do consider doing the damping along with it.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 23:15   #5618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Brought our newest steed home on 25th April, Monday night.

Christened him "Icarus".

Will be back in May with a full-blown and detailed initial ownership report.
My detailed Initial Ownership Report and review of our AX5 7-seater MT diesel (Icarus) is now live :- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...diesel-mt.html (The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT)

I have shared plenty of details and will continue to do so. You guys will find some nice surprises in my report as well, including the inclusion of a nice must-have feature - Auto Headlamps. Do check out my report and share your thoughts and queries, and I shall do my best to address them all. We can make my thread the go-to destination for all owners of the AX5 variant and share our experiences, updates, additions and mods there.

I am in love with Icarus, and am determined to make it a more complete variant in the days to come. The 7OO is a keeper for life, for me.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd May 2022 at 23:27. Reason: added
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 12:57   #5619

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Dear Sir, I wanted to check if you were able to install a roof rack/box on your xuv700. Please let me know as I'm also exploring the same solution. Thank you
I have not installed it yet. Found few after market vendors who are quite confident about the installation. But I have my doubts.
appupandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:51   #5620
BHPian

Hi guys

Does anyone have any update on the Apple CarPlay situation?
rnkgrg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 18:17   #5621
BHPian

Is there still a considerable delay seen in thenAWD models? My delivery date was moved from July to June 2022, but the dealership (Randhawa Motors, Vikhroli) mentioned that they are yet to see AWD deliveries slated for March yet to be fulfilled. The customer care and website both are still showing delivery in June though. Super confusing!
Old 25th May 2022, 11:10   #5622

Hey all

First post here.

I have the AX7L P AT. The Vehicle Controls tab in Adrenox takes a while to load every single time. It remains stuck on enabling controls for anywhere between 10-40 seconds and then controls are enabled.

Is this normal or is there any setting on phone or car that I can do ? Although most controls are gimmicky here the hung screen is a big turn off for using the app.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th May 2022 at 04:58. Reason: Typos
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th May 2022, 11:57   #5623
BHPian

The XUV700 luggage cover (parcel tray cover) is now in stock. Costs ₹14k. Mahindra accessories are way overpriced IMO. I hope 3rd party options are released soon.

Link: https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...age-cover.html

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220525-11.54.59-am.png
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 15:31   #5624
BHPian

One strange thing happened yesterday (which my brain absolutely refuses to admit).

Those who are aware about my earlier posts about Android Auto & compatibility of OnePlus 9RT. Been several visits by M&M guys, still it is not working.
However, yesterday while going back from office when I switched the ignition, it WORKED. Worked fine till I reached home.

But refused again this morning.
How can it possibly work

Any pointers ?
Old 25th May 2022, 15:35   #5625
BHPian

Need advice on ESP from the gurus - I have experienced this twice now. I go through a broken patch of road ( which is the normal case in Bangalore), suddenly i lose power, the ESP indicator comes, i try to push the accelerator but for few seconds it doesn't respond. After that the ESP light/sign goes off and i get the power back and all is normal. The roads are not slippery here. Not sure if this is normal ESP behavior. Can someone advise.
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks