Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2022, 10:12   #5716
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
My observation has been that the suspension almost always make hollow sound when passing over uneven surfaces at speeds of 20-25 kmph or braking at slow speeds. While this is not irritating and noticeable only on roads with very minimal traffic I wanted to get it checked during the first service.The SA shared that the sound is due to short travel of the suspension and that they will try to fix by tightening the setup. However, I feel that the issue is not resolved even after the service. On the contrary the noise has increased a bit. I have informed the SA about this and will currently hold for some more time to see if the problem persists before visiting the service centre. So, may be M&M is aware of the issue and the likely cause but does not have a solution to fix this problem currently. Hopefully, we should soon get a fix for this. As of now the best solution is to switch on the music, enjoy the ride and ignore the mild thuds .
Jaihind!
This is a known issue and even Mahindra is aware of the same but they will never acknowledge it and blame everything in the world except their product. 1st they do not have a proper solution for it yet, 2nd they do not want to take the cost of recall. Even I am facing this issue and trust me there is nothing that the service folks can do about it. Write an email to Mahindra and document the issue.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th June 2022 at 11:33. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 12:03   #5717
BHPian

My AWD L variant will be billed this week, delivery expected by 25th. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to follow the updates here of late; have Mahindra removed any features other than the sequential indicators and the second key? Hopefully there are no more surprises during the PDI.

Also, anyone here who bought the SUV from India Garage, Bangalore? Did they match the insurance quote or waive handling charges? My SA had agreed to discuss both at the time of delivery but he quit and I am dealing with a new guy.
Old 8th June 2022, 13:36   #5718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
My AWD L variant will be billed this week, delivery expected by 25th. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to follow the updates here of late; have Mahindra removed any features other than the sequential indicators and the second key? Hopefully there are no more surprises during the PDI.

Also, anyone here who bought the SUV from India Garage, Bangalore? Did they match the insurance quote or waive handling charges? My SA had agreed to discuss both at the time of delivery but he quit and I am dealing with a new guy.
No new deletions. I even got my second key,only sequential indicators are missing ( i got my car in April). With regards to insurance, get the quote from outside and Mahindra will match it( if not take it from outside). No handling/incidental charges whatsoever.
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 14:31   #5719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
No new deletions. I even got my second key,only sequential indicators are missing ( i got my car in April). With regards to insurance, get the quote from outside and Mahindra will match it( if not take it from outside). No handling/incidental charges whatsoever.
Thank you. Did you deal with India Garage? Could you share your SA's contact if you did? Right now I am speaking with a new person every time I call.
Old 8th June 2022, 19:29   #5720
BHPian

Hey Guys. So a post is long due from my side since April.

Anyways, got delivery of my XUV 7OO AX7L Diesel MT [KRATOS] on 14th April. The day went smooth and without any hassle as I had already done 90% of the paperwork prior to the delivery. The staff was very courteous and the S.A didn't push me for anything and that includes accessories too. They were kind to give us basic mats but the second key and the sequential indicators were left out for some other day as per the consent letter that was handed to us.

The total we had to pay was -

Ex-Showroom - ₹19.99.000
Insurance - ₹65,000
Road Tax - ₹1,84,000
TDS - ₹19,990

So, Total was around ₹22, 85,000(I'm missing some expenses)

Since, it was Baisakhi that day, the staff had only come for the deliveries and there were only 2 to be had, one ours and a Thar. So by 3 pm [as per our Mahurat(auspicious time)] we were free and driving back home on the new steed, Kratos. Yeah, well, I wasn't; as somebody had to drive our other car back home.

The next stop was our community temple where a pooja was arranged by my dad.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo_20220608_173154.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220608_174031.jpg

While the pooja was going on, Lord Indra(God of Rain and thunder) decided to pay us a visit with all his might; maybe he too, knew who Kratos was, and so the afternoon turned into an evening of fritters and tea.

Later that night, the car was inspected and tested 'OK' for the Sub'woof'er by our in-house ex'paw't.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220414_213610.jpg

Before you read further, I think a little background on the naming is necessary. Well, I named him Kratos. Kratos is the protagonist in the God of War games who used to be this angry, vengeful demi-god who in his need for vengeance, killed the entire pantheon of Greek Gods. In the newer series, he becomes a father, shifts to stoicism and becomes a responsible yet an even more powerful man/God.

Name:  OIP.jpg
Views: 1620
Size:  44.8 KB

Coming from XUV5OO which was in a lot of ways comparable to the earlier Kratos in how loud the engine used to be, the vengeance with rust and the overall aggressive look of the car, XUV7OO was like the older Kratos, a responsible, wiser yet much more powerful person. Hence, no other name suited this steed better than, KRATOS.

After a few days, the S.A called regarding the Registration certificate and the affixation of number plates. I had applied for a vanity number prior to the delivery and the registration had been finally completed by the dealer. So, it was another reason for a visit to the dealership to get Kratos, his registration papers. Clicked some pictures of him, when I stopped to get some lunch. Also, the mileage for the drive.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo_20220608_174821.png
Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo_20220608_173157.jpg

As of now, the first service has been done, which was just routine check ups. I haven't been able to go on any trips or long drives and yet, Kratos has clocked almost 2k kms in 1.5 months of driving him during commutes. And I have to tell you this, The MT is a blast to drive. I mean, compared to the Aisin gearbox(no offence to the AT owners), this MT just wants to wheelspin in even the 4th gear(gives me the Duke 1290R vibes) and that has got me impressed. It's light and you hardly have to come down to even the 2nd gear even in creeping traffic. Mahindra has scored an ace in my book for this MT.

Additionally, I have been planning a separate ownership thread for those who have or are planning to buy a Manual as the information on MT is too little compared to the ATs. So, I hope I'll be of any help to the potential or existing owners. So will follow up with a detailed post/thread on the MT ownership.

Have a great one guys!!
Moto_Bear is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 08:54   #5721
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Did you deal with India Garage? Could you share your SA's contact if you did? Right now I am speaking with a new person every time I call.
Mine was Anant cars. And believe me, anything is better than them. I was transferred to two dealers,spoke to unlimited SA's to the point that i dont even know who my SA was.
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 09:53   #5722
BHPian

Hello All,

I got a call from the dealer and he says that my XUV would be coming soon. I had booked it on the first day, so a big wait seems to be coming to an end

Mine is the AX7L AT Diesel variant. The dealers insurance is over 1L.
Can someone suggest a good insurance company in the range of 60-70k?
Old 9th June 2022, 10:46   #5723
BHPian

A question to the XUV 700 owners. I recently checked out the AX5 7 seater diesel AT. I understand from the brochures that Cruise control is available only on the AX7 and AX7L variants. Is this true?

For the lower variants, does it have any form of cruise control for long drives.

Also which is best VFM AT version that one can consider. I personally feel the AX 5 AT 6 or 7 seater is the best VFM in my view. It has almost all the creature comforts one can look in a new car.

I have been thinking on this, wait time will be around 16-22 months depending on the demand. I also feel if I book now, potentially the niggles will be addressed by M&M by the time the car gets delivered.

I am not in a rush to book, I am exploring all options and then weighing up for the best purchase

I generally keep the vehicle for most of its lifetime. Current one is in its 12th year and by the time I flip, I believe it would be a minimum 12 months considering the supply chain and delivery challenges. So need a car that will last for me without much hassles
Old 9th June 2022, 11:35   #5724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
A question to the XUV 700 owners. I recently checked out the AX5 7 seater diesel AT. I understand from the brochures that Cruise control is available only on the AX7 and AX7L variants. Is this true?
I was checking out the 5 STR options and hence the AX5 variants. Reverse camera is a big feature I found missing in the AX5 variant. For a 20L+ car, a reverse camera not being there baffles me.
Old 9th June 2022, 12:54   #5725
BHPian

Quote:
Also, anyone here who bought the SUV from India Garage, Bangalore? Did they match the insurance quote or waive handling charges?
I myself haven't got delivery yet, but yes, I know a few who have got it from IG... and yes, they do waive handling charges and will give a reasonably competitive insurance quote.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what color is your vehicle and what was the estimated month of delivery that they initially gave you ?
Old 9th June 2022, 13:52   #5726

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
Congratulations on your new ride!

Congrats for the ride and I am sure you will have wonderful time with it!

What an eventful delivery experience you had! Well narrated story which kept me hooked up!

Cheers!
@waypoint, Thanks for the reply. Being very skeptical and cynical about dealerships after few negative experiences in the past, I was quite surprised by the extent to which the dealership went to make it right for me. While we still come across dubious stories about dealerships, wanted to share the positive experience too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALLURIS View Post
Congratulations Sunfyre on your new purchase !!

You have amazing photography skills. Some of your XUV700 pictures can shame the official press release pics.
@VALLURIS, All credit to the beautiful creation of art from Mahindra – not too big (daddy) and not too brawly, but the charming beautiful beast waiting to unleash its fury!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
@Sunfyre, really enjoyed reading your post. The car looks fab, congrats

I own a XUV500 since 2013 and its replacement 700 should come by the end of April 2023. Same variant and color of yours. I am yet to see the AWD variant in real life, so I zoomed your car's pics to the max. Slightly irritated by two omissions:

1. No AWD badge anywhere, or do I miss one?
2. No A/T tires.

The missing AWD badge is a disappointment; Id be paying significantly more for the AWD yet I'll be parking next to a 4x4-badged Spresso or Eeco by this time next year, God willing.
@sandeepmas, Your both observations are correct. I was one among the many who tried to tweet Mahindra into providing an AWD badge when we figured it did not come with one – had to finally settle with the after-market badging from amazon. I hope yours will come with a factory fitted badging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
As mentioned in the official review, I find the braking behaviour a bit odd; nothing happens for the first 3 centimetres, and then the suddenly, the brakes bite hard. They are not progressive, and are not confidence inspiring in bumper to bumper traffic.

The behaviour is the same at higher speeds, but it is not such a big problem as you need not worry about getting rear-ended.

For context, my vehicle is a MY 2022 Diesel, manual, AX5. Has anyone else faced the same problem? Any known solutions?
I have the same experience, which for me in higher speeds on highway, was a bit unnerving. The brakes kick in with a slight delay and bites hard. With the power and higher speeds it reaches in seconds, I understand it not easy to stop a 2 ton vehicle, but still planning to get the brakes it checked this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I have gotten this error a few times now but didn't notice the noise. In my case, the error shows up along with the following symptoms. First, when you open any of the doors when the vehicle is off, there will be a loud to thud from speakers. After that, when you switch on the vehicle, both MID and infotainment systems starts slow taking several seconds. In couple of occasions, I also got a message mentioning 'Do not switch off, an update is in progress'. The MID would also be displaying trip info irrespective of what you had as the last/favorite screen. HHC warning will now be showing up. Always, switching off and on the vehicle again in a few seconds clear the warning.
The ‘Hill Hold control error’ appeared twice for me on the MID. Both time, I got the error while trying to park the car at my parent’s house into a garage which was just big enough to squeeze the car inside. There was a steep downward incline to enter the garage and as the entrance was just wide enough to exactly fit the car, had to move the car forward inch by inch down the incline, which was giving lot of braking noise. The car had been through lot of driving in the heavy rains in Kerala before parking in the garage and I assumed the brake noise could be due to that. That’s when the HHC alert showed up and immediately after the alert, 'Do not switch off, an update is in progress' message also showed up, which went off after few seconds. The other symptoms were the same as @impala mentioned, except no loud sound from speaker. Switching off the car and restarting cleared the error. This is another item which I am planning to get checked this week along with the infamous ‘thud sound’ from the suspension. Although no hope for any clear resolution from Mahindra.
Sunfyre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:35   #5727
sbm
BHPian

Is anyone facing a left pull issue in their XUV700? A certain youtuber posted a video about his XUV in which he has demonstrated the problem, and he says that it's not getting resolved through wheel alignment. Until now, I thought that this problem was prominent in Harrier, Safari, and Nexon, and that's one of the reasons I eliminated Harrier from my shortlist. I know some amount of left pull occurs in all cars due to road banking, but if it is so, is it possible that most of the left pull issues reported by users are just due to the road and there isn't any actual problem in the car? I am posting the link to the said video here.

Old 9th June 2022, 16:15   #5728
BHPian

Quote:
Also which is best VFM AT version that one can consider. I personally feel the AX 5 AT 6 or 7 seater is the best VFM in my view. It has almost all the creature comforts one can look in a new car.
The AX5 may be 2.5 lakhs cheaper than the AX7, but i see a lot more AX7s on the road. The list of things the AX5 loses out on, IMHO, is worth way more than the price difference.

While the overall list may be much longer, here is a recap of some key misses from AX5- Interior chrome touches, lane assist, driver drowsiness alert, adaptive cruise control, leatherette seats, leather wrapped steering and gear lever, interior soft touch points, powerfolding mirrors, 2nd row armrest, electronic parking brake, brake assist, 18 inch alloys, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers, electronic seat adjust, reverse camera, automatic ac, dual zone ac, side airbags, air purifier, front parking sensors, steering mounted controls for right side, and many more. Gallingly, the petrol AX5 does not even get ESP

We think AX5 is well loaded because of a sunroof and big touch panel, but to me, many of the missing features are worth more than these two.

Two issues with AX7- more software in them and we all know how Mahindra and software do not work together. But Mahindra has had time to sort out the issues that initial batches had, and the newer ones are much more sorted out. By the time you get yours, it will be even more niggle free.

Second, maybe a longer waiting period for the AX7 as compared to AX5, but depending on your flexibility in color choice, even that may not be an issue as many AX7 deliveries have been advanced to AX5 levels.

Quote:
I generally keep the vehicle for most of its lifetime. So need a car that will last for me without much hassles
All the more reason that you take a safer, well loaded variant over cheaper ones since you want to enjoy it for a long time.
achyutaghosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 17:28   #5729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I myself haven't got delivery yet, but yes, I know a few who have got it from IG... and yes, they do waive handling charges and will give a reasonably competitive insurance quote.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what color is your vehicle and what was the estimated month of delivery that they initially gave you ?

Midnight Black. Original delivery date was some time in July. In May this was revised to May 31-June 15. Doesn't look like they will meet this timeframe but if the dealer information is correct, the car will leave the factory within the next few days and another 8-10 days to reach the dealership.

I have been checking the booking status on Mahindra website every 2 weeks or so and this week it changed to "No booking". That is the reason I called up the dealer; no one from Mahindra or India Garage bothered to update me.
Old 9th June 2022, 20:08   #5730
BHPian

After the latest software update v8.01.41 done during my 1st service a few days back I faced the now common Hill Hold Error for the first time.

While restarting the vehicle does appear to get rid of it, it's high time Mahindra take this issue seriously and provide a fix. Any IC error is not a good look on a brand new machine.

A frustrating impact of this error is that it turns off Smart Pilot, Lane Assist and a few other ADAS based features. I had to manually turn them on after I realised lane assist wasn't working on my drive post this error.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-hillholderror.jpg

Several members have already faced this error indicating that this is a widespread issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
The ‘Hill Hold control error’ appeared twice for me on the MID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Got some minor glitches on hill hold control,TPMS, Traction control etc, all of which went way when the vehicle was stopped/started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
This HHC errors was displayed in my case too but disappeared after a power cycle. I have seen this error 4-5 times till now
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
Yes, I got this Hill hold control error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzasch View Post
there was an alert saying that there is Hill hold control error!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I was greeted with a scary error message "Hill Hold Control Error"

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 9th June 2022 at 20:13.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks