Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 22:57   #5731
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
It's high time Mahindra take this issue seriously and provide a fix.
Or at least have ASC be ready to answer customer questions! ASCs are treating this as just another niggle they ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post

A frustrating impact of this error is that it turns off Smart Pilot, Lane Assist and a few other ADAS based features.
I am not sure whether Smart Pilot was working when the error was ON but can confirm that it did not switch of any of those and having to switch them back on.
Old 10th June 2022, 01:03   #5732

My XUV700 AXL DSL Manual completed the first 1k kms and no mechanical niggles. Car is breeze to drive and there’s a smile on your face when you push the pedal, amazing feeling. However I am experiencing a jarring sound in my music system, is it a hardware or a software issue? Anyone else experiencing the same?
Old 10th June 2022, 10:36   #5733

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar30 View Post
My XUV700 AXL DSL Manual completed the first 1k kms and no mechanical niggles. Car is breeze to drive and there’s a smile on your face when you push the pedal, amazing feeling. However I am experiencing a jarring sound in my music system, is it a hardware or a software issue? Anyone else experiencing the same?
I haven't experienced it yet but based on what others have reported this is fixed with a software update.
kab_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 10:44   #5734
BHPian

Our XUV 700 AX7L AT completed close to 2k Km and only had the issue of black screen one time in it's first 500 Km , the SA whom we purchased the car from was prompt in answering our query on the black screen ( It was 7:30 AM then ) . He told us to go the Mahindra workshop nearby and that he will call that service center to be ready to flash the vehicle. Thankfully , i just shut off the car and restarted it and it was back to normal ( Took 5 tries ) .

Rest of the time the car was flawless , the first service experience was also good and they even corrected the fitment of the aftermarket bumper which was not placed correctly ( More on that later ) .

The service depends on dealer to dealer and SA to SA , Koncept Mahindra Noida has evolved itself to be a really good dealership and Mahindra as a company is trying to give really good customer support.( The first time I went there , it was not that good experience) .

Nothing comes near the XUV 700 in it's price range and from even segments above . Everytime I look at it I feel lucky that i get to sit in it .

P.S - Can't wait to make my driving licence
Old 10th June 2022, 11:54   #5735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
While the overall list may be much longer, here is a recap of some key misses from AX5- Interior chrome touches, lane assist, driver drowsiness alert, adaptive cruise control, leatherette seats, leather wrapped steering and gear lever, interior soft touch points, powerfolding mirrors, 2nd row armrest, electronic parking brake, brake assist, 18 inch alloys, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers, electronic seat adjust, reverse camera, automatic ac, dual zone ac, side airbags, air purifier, front parking sensors, steering mounted controls for right side, and many more. Gallingly, the petrol AX5 does not even get ESP

We think AX5 is well loaded because of a sunroof and big touch panel, but to me, many of the missing features are worth more than these two.
Thanks for the inputs. The more I look at it AX7 seems more logical. I am looking at the all the differences. It is frustrating from a consumer perspective when VFM is more cosmetic than functional.

The worry is on the pricing front, M&M doesn't provide any price protection if you book the product now. Based on my experience I believe the supply chain issues, especially the chip shortages are likely to last for a further 2 years, so the prices are likely to go upwards or there could be a small correction. A big decision, so playing a wait and watch game now.
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 11:57   #5736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraharah View Post
Hey, sorry. Did take delivery of my vehicle last month. The date was preponed from June to April. Have done about 3800 kms so far and absolutely loving it. Slammed at work and will post some reflections shortly.

Reach out to Nagaraj at the dealership and he can help. My sales rep shared available cars from time to time (1-1) until I told him very firmly that I wasn’t interested till I got exactly what I booked.
Thanks for the update. I booked on 2 Feb 2022 AX7L Petrol AT. And Nagaraj, today (10th June 2022), gave a tentative delivery date of July2023. That's still 13 Months away but better than Nov2023 delivery date showing in Mahindra Portal.

Im confused now with respect to my next steps. Maybe I have to start looking at alternatives like Safari, Innova Petrol and some pre-owned cars as well.
Old 10th June 2022, 13:45   #5737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Is anyone facing a left pull issue in their XUV700? A certain Youtuber posted a video about his XUV in which he has demonstrated the problem, and he says that it's not getting resolved through wheel alignment. Until now, I thought that this problem was prominent in Harrier, Safari, and Nexon, and that's one of the reasons I eliminated Harrier from my shortlist. I know some amount of left pull occurs in all cars due to road banking, but if it is so, is it possible that most of the left pull issues reported by users are just due to the road and there isn't any actual problem in the car? I am posting the link to the said video here.

https://Youtu.be/DGSxwJo86lE
Yes even I faced this issue (rather still facing). They tried getting the alignment done multiple times but that has only minimised the problem not eliminated it.
Old 10th June 2022, 13:52   #5738
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
Yes even I faced this issue (rather still facing). They tried getting the alignment done multiple times but that has only minimised the problem not eliminated it.
Have they tried steering calibration? One user got it resolved through steering calibration.
Old 10th June 2022, 14:42   #5739
BHPian

Quote:
I am experiencing this. My observation has been that this usually happens when I stream songs of Badshah (specifically Jugnu / Tabahi that have high beats) from the iPhone over bluetooth. The same issue cannot be reproduced when you are connected through Android/Android Auto or iPod mode (by connecting the iPhone to the USB Port).

For now, the work around that I am using is to stream music through my Android phone.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 17:33   #5740
BHPian

While driving back from Guwahati today i drove roughly 300kms out of which 40 km was in city driving condition & for another almost 50 km while driving through kaziranga NH stretch the speed was restricted to under 40 kmph. Still i got mileage of 15.3 kmpl. Was quite elated with the mileage figure. Though while through posts i could see other people have got even upto 16.4 kmpl. Mine is AX5 manual Petrol 7 seater.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220610_094651.jpg  

Last edited by finiteinjustice : 10th June 2022 at 17:36. Reason: Addiitonal vehicle info
finiteinjustice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 17:41   #5741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is present in my XUV700 as well. Its like a Chinese cheap quality AMP is powering on. It's a software issue and I hope that it would be resolved soon.

Also if you remote unlock the car and sit inside for like 5-10 min without turning on the power. The instrument cluster resets its self. The F.E. gauge also resets with the same jarring sound.

Its very annoying but hoping to get a resolution soon.
Old 10th June 2022, 19:21   #5742
BHPian

Hey Folks,

A few questions on Adrenox x Alexa app
1. Has anyone been able to get Alexa to play music via Spotify in the car? I have linked my Spotify account to Amazon in the Alexa app. If yes what were the steps? Whether through the Alexa app on the phone or directly through voice command in the car infotainment?

2. Through the Alexa app on the phone, I have been able to check on the status of various elements of the car; eg. Check tyre pressure (also reads out each tyre pressure), Check lamp status, Check ODO reading etc which do not need the 4-digit pin. But when I ask Alexa to start the car, it asks me for the voice pin (same as the one in the adrenox app) but it says cannot connect at the moment? Anyone know why?

3. Came across an interesting news release on the amazon website regarding the integration of the Alexa App with the XUV700. Here it also mentions that you can effectively operate the remote features from the Fire TV stick as well! I couldn’t get my fireTv (same account) to do it. Anyone tried that?

https://press.aboutamazon.in/news-re...alexa-voice-ai

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-bafa09ff492d4a999e25b0cb2cf6de0b.png  

Old 11th June 2022, 11:15   #5743

Posting pictures of XUV700 and Jeep Meridian 4x4 for everyone’s ready reference !
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-7fa2c73c270c4ee09b5d8e6a8c13965a.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-668836faadf34b74a54d1205e33478a5.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-25e379b250d748309b8739ef366fd7af.jpeg  

BankerontheHill is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 13:17   #5744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerontheHill View Post
Posting pictures of XUV700 and Jeep Meridian 4x4 for everyone’s ready reference !
I got frustrated with the delay in the delivery of my XUV and went to take a look at the Jeep Meridian last weekend.

Gotta say - Every time I do such things, I end up with a renewed conviction in my decision to go with the XUV The Jeep's third row is too cramped even for my 9 year old and its second row feels no wider than that of the Compass. For all practical purposes, it is a Compass with a larger boot. It is unclear why they think there is a large market for the vehicle.
yogishkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 15:41   #5745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I got frustrated with the delay in the delivery of my XUV and went to take a look at the Jeep Meridian last weekend.

Gotta say - Every time I do such things, I end up with a renewed conviction in my decision to go with the XUV The Jeep's third row is too cramped even for my 9 year old and its second row feels no wider than that of the Compass. For all practical purposes, it is a Compass with a larger boot. It is unclear why they think there is a large market for the vehicle.
Compass itself is selling under 1000 and Jeep is content so I don't think they are expecting big market for Meridian anyway
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks