Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 10:18   #6091
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I am facing an issue with Android Auto.
If I connect my phone (galaxy s10, Android 12) via wireless AA, it connects fine, connects to Mahindra's inbuilt eSIM WiFi, but AA does not have internet access. So it results in not able to play songs via Amazon music or unable to search any destinations on GMap. For internet, I have to switch on my phone's data.

Whereas if I connect AA via USB, everything works just fine.

I have checked all settings but nothing seems to work. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Old 11th July 2022, 10:45   #6092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I am facing an issue with Android Auto.
If I connect my phone (galaxy s10, Android 12) via wireless AA, it connects fine, connects to Mahindra's inbuilt eSIM WiFi, but AA does not have internet access. So it results in not able to play songs via Amazon music or unable to search any destinations on GMap. For internet, I have to switch on my phone's data.

Whereas if I connect AA via USB, everything works just fine.

I have checked all settings but nothing seems to work. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Android Auto is essentially sort of mirroring of your phone screen on to the Car Display in a sophisticated manner. Hence, it requires the usage of the components on your phone to work. Say if I have to navigate, I need to turn on the GPS on my phone as the GPS of XUV won't help me here. That is restricted to the system of XUV itself. Hence, this should be applicable to the internet too.

I have personally not used the wired system in XUV, but based off my experience using the one in Ciaz, I had to use the phone's internet and GPS in there too, to connect and use the features.

Disclaimer - This is based on my experience using AA across Ciaz (wired) and XUV700 (wireless). I am neither from a tech background nor an expert on these things, just a bit of a tech enthusiast. This could very well be wrong
Old 11th July 2022, 10:57   #6093
BHPian

Quick Feature Update

I don't know if this has been posted before. This was something that I sorely missed and didn't discover until yesterday that it had been added.

Until sometime ago, one could only keep one device logged into the AdrenoX app. If I logged in using Device #2, it would be logged out of Device #1.

Now, Mahindra has introduced the option of adding additional users. You can keep the car logged in at two different devices using different profiles. Additionally you can create a chauffer profile too. I have not tried it personally but I believe it would come with it's own set of restrictions as could be set by the owner.
rnkgrg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 11:45   #6094
BHPian

Thanks sir. How much did it cost you? Thanks for the review, I'll get it installed on door and floors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Yes. I have done damping on the doors. Definitely I can notice a marked difference in the noise level inside the cabin. Not only the external noises have been cut to a good extent but the vibrations that used to feel when I increase the volume of the music system has reduced too and the bass is more pronounced. I installed Dr Artex iridium sheets and they had to use 10 sheets to over all the doors.
Old 11th July 2022, 11:47   #6095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
Android Auto is essentially sort of mirroring of your phone screen on to the Car Display in a sophisticated manner. Hence, it requires the usage of the components on your phone to work. Say if I have to navigate, I need to turn on the GPS on my phone as the GPS of XUV won't help me here. That is restricted to the system of XUV itself. Hence, this should be applicable to the internet too.
I have personally not used the wired system in XUV, but based off my experience using the one in Ciaz, I had to use the phone's internet and GPS in there too, to connect and use the features.

Disclaimer - This is based on my experience using AA across Ciaz (wired) and XUV700 (wireless). I am neither from a tech background nor an expert on these things, just a bit of a tech enthusiast. This could very well be wrong
Thank you for reply. My query is something which works with wired AA, why it doesn't work with wireless AA?
When I connect AA using USB cable, it can connect to internet through inbuilt eSim WiFi. I don't need to switch on my phone's data here.
Same thing does not work with wireless AA.

P.S. Irrespective of wired / wireless AA, phone's location needs to be turned on, if you want real time GMap navigation to work.

Last edited by StepUP! : 11th July 2022 at 11:59.
Old 11th July 2022, 11:50   #6096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Thanks sir. How much did it cost you? Thanks for the review, I'll get it installed on door and floors
Around 12k for 9 sheets and installation. They used 10 sheets but charged only for 9. I haven’t installed it on the floors. This is just for the 4 doors. I did it in Cartunez,Chennai.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 13:01   #6097
BHPian

How is the mahindra QC for XUV700? Has mahindra reduced manufacturing defects compared to XUV500? Has anyone found major issues during their PDI of XUV700?
Old 11th July 2022, 13:35   #6098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Looks like the Scorpio N has had the expected effect on XUV7OO bookings. Received a text from Mahindra stating that my car is set to enter production. I checked the tracking portal, and it is now showing an earlier delivery date of 30 August to 15 September 2022 (Earlier it was sometime in November 2022). Here’s to hoping it is somewhat accurate.
Which model have you booked and when?

MOD NOTE : Please capitalize your starting word and please do factor in the space margin for punctuation mark, for details please refer to Posting Etiquettes.

Thank You.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th July 2022 at 13:47. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 11th July 2022, 13:58   #6099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@SIM View Post
Which model have you booked and when?
I booked the AX7L D AT in Midnight Black on 8 October, 2021.
CapKoura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 14:53   #6100

Detailed and Necessary ownership review for anyone buying the car as well as existing owners!!

The car AX7 L AWD has been with me for 8000kms/ 3 months

My ownership started with my fair bit of niggles with the drive modes not working in the first week and infotainment going blank within the 2nd week of ownership. Silver box was replaced, although the process took longer than necessary but the guys at MASS were very courteous.

I have completed the following trips in my car
Delhi-Binsar-Delhi
Delhi-Mussoorie-Delhi
Delhi-Agra-Delhi (Two times)
Delhi-Patiala-Delhi

I have encountered and been to a few soft off-road trails and done steep climbs to reach hotels. I will list the pros and cons of my ownership experience below

Pro's
The engine is an absolute Gem accelerates blissfully and has plenty power in low end and mid range. (Top end is severely lacking)

The car is a mile muncher and does high end triple digit speeds with absolute comfort

When on steep inclines and climbs there is absolutely no drama by the wheels, it climbs up effortlessly, AWD does its job very well. Took it on a mild offroading trail where there was no road just small stones and steep incline, No issues at all

Infotainment screen is the best and most well put piece of real estate

At 140km/h expansion joints and minor road undulations do not bother the car at all

Virtually no body roll in hills

Brakes are to the point and sharp

Con's
This is important and necessary to know
Fit and finish is substandard

The console above driver's head which houses the Sunroof switch rattles on bumps and idle

The roof lining around that area has gotten a bit loose.
Basically when u push the roof upwards you can hear the gum sticking noise and then unsticking (Please also advise what to do here)

There is a slight creaking noise near the front right side around accelerator pedal on bumps and acceleration when the weight of the car shifts backward
Is it something inside? or the suspension? i have yet to sort these out with the service centre. it is a metallic creak as if some metal joint is flexing.

Brakes noise and suspension noise is there from the start and have learnt to live with them.

CONCLUSION

The car is a commendable attempt by Mahindra and despite minor issues they have gone very far in terms of what they are actually providing.
The high speed stability and driving dynamics are on point.
But my advice and it is a genuine one.
The headache with this car about what issue might come up next is a bit annoying. I can handle it for the most part but the people who love absolute mental peace and hassle free ownership this car is not for them YET at this stage in the production cycle.

I would advise a person who has good Volkswagen dealership nearby and does not have an issue with petrol, can add 8 lakhs more if buying the top model of Xuv 700 to seriously consider The Volkswagen Tiguan AWD.

While i absolutely love the car if i had 10 more lakh rupees to spare and my running was less i
would have gone for the Tiguan. Currently owning the polo i can vouch for the Material quality and QC at VW.

If Mahindra can up their game in fit and finish there is absolutely no contender to this car.

What i think why this is like this is not because of the price but because the material being used in top model which costs 30L and base model which costs 15L OTR is the same and therefore material quality is bound to be low with respect to 30L
avi01gupta is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 16:20   #6101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinHawk View Post
Hi souvik6, i would like to know your feedback post the ppf application and if it's worth going for the said applicator for xuv700. I am getting my xuv700 next week and looking for FULL body PPF from autocatalyst okhla. Please advise.
Sorry for the delayed response, I was dealing with some family tragedy and hadn't logged on.

Hope my feedback reaches you in time for your visit. I am very happy with the PPF and I have spoken to the owner for bringing the car back again at a later date to possibly PPF the bonet and fenders. I'm also contemplating doing the whole car which I should have done post purchase only. Now that I have the car for over 6 months I am more than happy with the service received from them and would highly recommend to anyone.

Lot of highway drives and my bumper is good as new else I would have few stone chip marks like I have got on the bonet and doors. Even in city traffic I can drive with some peace of mind that if bikers scratching my rear bumper I have some protection.

Do let me know of your experience and give my reference for good rates. Looking forward to your feedback as well.
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 16:54   #6102

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Sorry for the delayed response, I was dealing with some family tragedy and hadn't logged on.

Hope my feedback reaches you in time for your visit. I am very happy with the PPF and I have spoken to the owner for bringing the car back again at a later date to possibly PPF the bonet and fenders. I'm also contemplating doing the whole car which I should have done post purchase only. Now that I have the car for over 6 months I am more than happy with the service received from them and would highly recommend to anyone.

Lot of highway drives and my bumper is good as new else I would have few stone chip marks like I have got on the bonet and doors. Even in city traffic I can drive with some peace of mind that if bikers scratching my rear bumper I have some protection.

Do let me know of your experience and give my reference for good rates. Looking forward to your feedback as well.
Thanks for response souvik! It was just in time. I got the delivery of my black beauty yesterday and planning to take it for PPF in a couple of days. Went to okhla and visited the detailer in person last week. Found the guy (Mr.Munjal) quite sorted. Looking forward to see the results post complete body treatment. Super excited
Old 11th July 2022, 17:41   #6103
BHPian

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post. Thanks T-BHP for accepting my membership, really looking forward to learning from members and hopefully contributing as well.

Coming to the point, I booked XUV 700 AX7 D AT Red in March 2022. At that time my delivery was showing as Dec 2023 or Jan 2024. Since i wasn't in any hurry I was content with that. But today I got a message from Mahindra that my order is in production and delivery date is moved up to Aug 2022. Not sure how this happened as i neither used any connections nor pressured the dealership for the vehicle.
Now I am panicking on my finances as due to recent road tax hike the overall on road costs is going out of budget. I still want to buy the car but few month later, as I have already committed financially to other investments.

Question is if I refuse the delivery will I be moved back to the line and delivery date gets pushed back to what a new booking today would get or can I hold my booking and get next alloted vehicle few months down the line.

Adding to the problem of plenty, I booked AX7L D AT Red as well just in case I want to choose Luxury variant, apparently that too has got new delivery date of Aug 2022.

Also could this be a system error or may be Red color going into batch production?

Thanks
Sid
Wakeupsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 18:42   #6104

Hi Team-BHPians,

This is my first post here. I have been keenly following this thread for some time now and thanks to the various views/reviews shared here, I was able finally make up my mind and booked a XUV7OO AX7 Petrol AT Luxury last week. The tentative delivery date was updated today to May-Jun 2024 . Since I was not in a hurry, I was ok to wait for 8-10 months, which is what the SA told the wait time would be. His reasoning was there would be a lot of cancellations for XUV with the launch of Scorpio and I kind of agreed with him but now that I see the tentative delivery date, I'm re-thinking my decision. I'm not sure the wait time will come down by 14 months even with cancellations.

Please advise if should get ready for the long wait or cancel my booking and look at other alternatives, none of which appeal to me.

PS: I was considering MG Hector +, Tata Safari and Kia Carens before finalizing XUV7OO.
rajivsubs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 19:25   #6105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post

Question is if I refuse the delivery will I be moved back to the line and delivery date gets pushed back to what a new booking today would get or can I hold my booking and get next alloted vehicle few months down the line.
Once the car reaches the dealer you would be given a reasonable amount of time to arrange your finances, this could be in the range of 10-14 days. Beyond this the dealer can and will assign the car to the person next in line, which is fair.

There’s no way to hold the booking for a few months. Hope things work out and you’re able to get the car.
eagles_ts is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks