Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2022, 00:24   #6346
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
The fine print in new brochure still mentions adaptive cruise control. It might be carry over from old one or there is some miscommunication
Brochure still mentions AX7 trim as having ADAS. If it has ADAS then it has a radar and ACC has to work. That in addition to the fine print makes me pretty confident that AX7 AT still has all it's ADAS related features.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 09:22   #6347

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I had to try several fuses while working with the Nexdigitron technician. This was the best fuse that worked to keep the dashcam turned on continuously.

Currently i have set the dashcam to switch off after 5 minutes. It is the same config that I have on my other dashcam from 70mai in the Creta. It works well to detect any sort of heavy movement when someone messes with the car. This manages to keep the battery drain well within check. However, if you are going to be away for long, it is in your best interest to disconnect the battery terminals.

Can you share a few pics of the internal wiring, etc and the model of your beast & the camera as well. I have an AX7L PETROL AT but mulling over an additional fitment.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st July 2022 at 09:34. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
Old 31st July 2022, 12:01   #6348
BHPian

Whether XUV700 AX3 Petrol AT (5 seater) has the following features:

1. ESC or ESP,
2. ABS,
3. Hill hold/ hill assist,
4. Rear defogger+wiper,
5. Power foldable ORVMs,
6. Remote lock from outside.

Can someone please help?

In case these are not available, which lowermost variant will have all these features as standard?

And whether a third-party/ higher variant OEM parking rear view camera can be successfully installed in this?

Last edited by RijuC : 31st July 2022 at 12:03.
Old 31st July 2022, 13:17   #6349
BANNED

Quote:
Worked on fixing a Dashcam in my XUV700 AX7 model. If any of you are looking to hardwire it then FYI - please use f19 for red (vcc) and f47 for yellow (acc).
What is the primary use of F19 slot and F47?

Quote:
This is the best working combination that allows you to enable parking surveillance.
Can you share the reason for why F19 and F47 slots alone best suited for parking surveillance?
Old 31st July 2022, 20:28   #6350

I am planning to buy a new spare tyre for my XUV700 AX3, as the company provided spare tyre is obviously quite limited. Planning to buy same spare tyre as the 4 tyres that came fitted in the car originally (MRF 235/65 R17 Wanderer StreetX ecotread).

Challenge is that tyre shop doesn't sell wheel rim's. Anyone knows where can I buy good quality (non alloy) wheel rim in Gurgaon? Also, how is a wheel rim measured? Diameter only or radius and cross section also (i.e. thin vs thick tyres)? If anyone has any insights, would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
Old 31st July 2022, 21:31   #6351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushg11 View Post
I am planning to buy a new spare tyre for my XUV700 AX3, as the company provided spare tyre is obviously quite limited.
Are you sure about this? Most new cars come without a full size wheel. IMHO you should invest in a good 12V tyre inflator and simply keep it in car always. It is more than enough for 95% situations. Relying on unbranded / unrecommended wheels can never be recommended as it might seriously affect the vehicle safety and stability. The only other option I can suggest is getting an alloy OE wheel from Mahindra dealership.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 31st July 2022 at 21:32.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 21:34   #6352

Thank you for your inputs. I agree with your assessment. It's not a good idea to get unbranded/ unrecommended wheels. I am looking for OE wheels only ideally. My XUV700 came without alloy wheels; therefore, was not looking for alloy ones. However, the sales dealership says they don't sell spare wheels at all. Any ideas where I can get the standard OE wheel+rim? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Are you sure about this? Most new cars come without a full size wheel. IMHO you should invest in a good 12V tyre inflator and simply keep it in car always. It is more than enough for 95% situations. Relying on unbranded / unrecommended wheels can never be recommended as it seriously affect the vehicle safety and stability. The only other option I can suggest is getting an alloy OE wheel from Mahindra dealership.
Old 31st July 2022, 23:00   #6353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushg11 View Post
Thank you for your inputs. I agree with your assessment. It's not a good idea to get unbranded/ unrecommended wheels. I am looking for OE wheels only ideally. My XUV700 came without alloy wheels; therefore, was not looking for alloy ones. However, the sales dealership says they don't sell spare wheels at all. Any ideas where I can get the standard OE wheel+rim? Thanks.
Before OEMs were providing alloy wheels we used to buy them aftermarket. There are good brands available in aftermarket that are durable and reliable, just make sure the tyre and aftermarket wheel combination is not heavier than the stock tyre and steel wheel combination. Reputed dealers in your city will be well versed with fitment and clearance etc, so no need to pay exorbitant amount to M&M dealers.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 08:10   #6354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
Does any one know what is the sales breakup of petrol/diesel variants?
From dealerships in Bangalore and Kolkota that i spoke to, 80% diesel, and 20% petrol is what they are getting
originalamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 08:29   #6355

My AX5 AT D was delivered just a few weeks ago. Upon switching the engine on, the RPM revs up to over 2200-2500 and stays there for good 10-20 seconds before dropping to around 1500. When I accelerate the car moves and RPM goes up again to 2200 levels and hovers around this mark for a while before revving down to 1500-1800 range. I have noticed this behavior in all drive modes and when changing speed a lot in city traffic. I am not sure if this is a characteristic of an AT, but this seems peculiar to me so wanted to check with anyone who has experienced this too. This is my first AT and a diesel by the way. Should I be worried? Thank you.
namansri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 11:14   #6356
BHPian

I got the first service done for my AX7L DMT last Monday. The mileage figre shown was varying between 10 and 11.5 till then. The range was around 650kms.

After service the mileage figure is steadily going up. Now it is at 13.0km/ltr. The range is also inching up slowly instead of coming down.

Any thoughts?

I remember the service engineer said they have updated the firmware. Will it help in improving mileage or is it a case of retune of parameters after first service ?
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:45   #6357
BHPian

It seems like the missing / reduction in features is just not for upcoming deliveries, but also for already delivered vehicles. I got my AX7L AWD AT at the beginning of July - the dealership had dutifully filled up the consent form for key and rear sequential indicators. However, when i reached out to customer care regarding timelines got to know that rear sequential indicator may not be provided at all! Such irritants do spoil the otherwise excellent ownership experience of the car, tbh

"We would like to inform you that the estimated timeline for Apple Car Play (Applicable for all AX variants) is 10th August'22.

As a part of ECN change, all AX5 & AX7 billing starting from 1st June’22 shall not have sequential turn indicator in Tail Lamps.

We understand your requirement, however, at this stage due to the supply chain constraints, we will be able to provide one remote key. The 2nd key will be given to you as soon as it is made available."
Speedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:21   #6358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
I got my AX7L AWD AT at the beginning of July - the dealership had dutifully filled up the consent form for key and rear sequential indicators. However, when i reached out to customer care regarding timelines got to know that rear sequential indicator may not be provided at all! Such irritants do spoil the otherwise excellent ownership experience of the car, tbh
I see you have bought AX7L variant. AX7L variant is not impacted as per reports here so you would still get this feature(sequential indicator) added at later point. AX7 and AX5 is where this feature has been taken off so not sure if I'm missing something
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:30   #6359

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I have sent the images of this new camera to m2all customer care and am trying to convince them to update the product on their website. Other members who need this camera and are unable to procure it from their local dealers, please start asking m2all customer care about the new updated reverse camera. More queries will eventually make them update their website. For reference, the part no. is AW60118 and their number is 02250699090*
I spoke to M2ALL customer care and took up with dealership also. Dealer also spoke to the Mahindra accessories. Now the site has been updated with the new camera accessory

https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...-variants.html

Following up with the dealer to see if he can replace mine with new one by paying the differential amount
samgun81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:05   #6360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namansri View Post
My AX5 AT D was delivered just a few weeks ago. Upon switching the engine on, the RPM revs up to over 2200-2500 and stays there for good 10-20 seconds before dropping to around 1500. When I accelerate the car moves and RPM goes up again to 2200 levels and hovers around this mark for a while before revving down to 1500-1800 range. I have noticed this behavior in all drive modes and when changing speed a lot in city traffic. I am not sure if this is a characteristic of an AT, but this seems peculiar to me so wanted to check with anyone who has experienced this too. This is my first AT and a diesel by the way. Should I be worried? Thank you.
My AX7L AT AWD too faces higher travel time in the second gear, raising the RPM to about 2200 (and hence NVH levels), before shifting to the 3rd gear.
It bothered me initially. I have done only 800 km so far.
But, in the past 50-odd km, I have noticed that the shift is taking place at "better" RPM than before. It still does not give an optimum feel though.
Will raise the issue with the service team during 1000 km service.

Most Viewed