Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2022, 19:09   #6421
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
I'm just curious is anybody aware which service provider's e-sim does Mahindra use in the XUV700? I remember reading somewhere before that it is Vodafone Idea, correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to know what is the data cap/limit on the e-sim and can we track it as well somewhere? As I see Alexa can play the music as well on requests from Jio Saavn.

Also is there a way to change the default music service from Jio Saavn to say Amazon music/Gaana/Spotify and to link our existing account with any of these apps with Adrenox?
It’s Vodafone, data cap is 2 GB/ day. Haven’t tried changing the default music service yet.
Old 8th August 2022, 19:52   #6422
BHPian

I have a booking for AX7L Petrol. The promised delivery date is Dec 2023 (no it is not a typo, it is 2-0-2-3).

Today I got a call from my SA stating my car is allotted and if they should proceed with formalities. However, my booking on Mahindra website still shows Order Confirmed as status, and the same Dec 23 date.

Any idea how a car is allotted to me without Mahindra updating the same in their status.

I thought some other customer may have rejected the car allotted to them (either due to change in mind, or finance, or PDI issues). But the SA tells me the car is yet to be dispatched and will reach Bangalore in around 15 days after which they will initiate the registration.

While I have no reason to doubt this dealer, I want to make sure no rejected car is being pushed to me. What can I do to ensure it is a fresh car being allotted to me and not a PDI reject.

Also, how do I get insurance quotes from other sources? I tried some websites like acko, policy bazaar etc. All want my mobile number. Want to avoid sharing my number will everyone till I finalize who I will deal with.

Last edited by Bh.P : 8th August 2022 at 19:53.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 20:09   #6423

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Has anyone put any sunshades or sunfilms in their XUV 700? I am looking for options
Lumar Air 80 to front glass & Motohunger to sides+rear+sunroof
dollardinar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 22:17   #6424
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone put any sunshades or sunfilms in their XUV 700? I am looking for options
I have installed the Garware 70% VLT film to all windows, except front windshield. Also, official Mahindra sunshades were installed during delivery.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 09:02   #6425

Quote:
Also is there a way to change the default music service from Jio Saavn to say Amazon music/Gaana/Spotify and to link our existing account with any of these apps with Adrenox?
Alexa plays music through Hungama music in my AX5 P MT. As I was using Wynk, I asked the Adrenox guys about changing the default music app, but they had no idea at all. Finally I shifted to Spotify and playing music using Android Auto. I also searched over internet to get a solution. Though the other Alexas have option to change the default music app, Alexa equipped with Adrenox doesnt seem to have any.
Old 9th August 2022, 10:00   #6426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya21me View Post
Alexa plays music through Hungama music in my AX5 P MT. As I was using Wynk, I asked the Adrenox guys about changing the default music app, but they had no idea at all. Finally I shifted to Spotify and playing music using Android Auto. I also searched over internet to get a solution. Though the other Alexas have option to change the default music app, Alexa equipped with Adrenox doesnt seem to have any.
Yea even i use Android Auto to use the player of my choice. But strangely my car always plays the requested songs from Jio Saavn unlike from Hungama or Gaana as some have reported.

Definitely Mahindra should allow the linking via Adrenox app to our player of choice where we might have premium account.
Old 9th August 2022, 11:47   #6427
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya21me View Post
Though the other Alexas have option to change the default music app, Alexa equipped with Adrenox doesnt seem to have any.
Quote:
Definitely Mahindra should allow the linking via Adrenox app to our player of choice where we might have premium account.
Sharing a pdf with the process to change the default music streaming service on Adrenox. As per the document it is to be done on the Alexa app for the phone and the Amazon ID liked to Adrenox should be same as that of the phone app.

This document was shared by a user on this thread only a few months ago. But I am not sure if this still works as I am yet to receive my car.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:38   #6428
BHPian

I've installed 3M RE70 which has 47% heat rejection. I've installed on all glasses of the car including the wind shield

Sun shade I've put is of mahindra. And found it to be very good

Quote:
niteshsharmab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 14:50   #6429
BHPian

Complained about the thud thud sound to service. They have sent a technician promptly to my house for checking it out. The moment I explained to him the sound, he said let us go for a ride. But within a few meters of slow crawl, he also felt the sound.
He says this is because the union in diesel tank through which diesel is sucked is flexible to move incase of 700 where as in 500 it is a rigid pipe and hence the sound when it shakes during slow forward/reverse movement and turns.
As per him they were also puzzled and wrote to Mahindra about this and was clarified accordingly. He went on to say that almost all the cars will have this. Maybe he meant Diesel cars.
No idea how far this is true. Some experts can analyze and comment on this.
lark63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 14:52   #6430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Sharing a pdf with the process to change the default music streaming service on Adrenox. As per the document it is to be done on the Alexa app for the phone and the Amazon ID liked to Adrenox should be same as that of the phone app.

This document was shared by a user on this thread only a few months ago. But I am not sure if this still works as I am yet to receive my car.
My car's Adrenox is linked to my Amazon account (Alexa on phone linked to same). Alexa app on phone has the default player set to Amazon music already, but still doesn't play the music on Amazon music app as expected. Maybe a bug which Mahindra needs to fix on the Adrenox.
Old 9th August 2022, 15:22   #6431
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Complained about the thud thud sound to service. They have sent a technician promptly to my house for checking it out. The moment I explained to him the sound, he said let us go for a ride. But within a few meters of slow crawl, he also felt the sound.
He says this is because the union in diesel tank through which diesel is sucked is flexible to move incase of 700 where as in 500 it is a rigid pipe and hence the sound when it shakes during slow forward/reverse movement and turns.
As per him they were also puzzled and wrote to Mahindra about this and was clarified accordingly. He went on to say that almost all the cars will have this. Maybe he meant Diesel cars.
No idea how far this is true. Some experts can analyze and comment on this.
Whatever be the origin, there is thump and vibration along with that sound and it's strong enough to be felt on the seat and the armrest. I bet in the long run it will cause some bolts to become loose or something like that.
sbm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 08:19   #6432
BHPian

Today is the day when Apple CarPlay is finally supossed to become available for the XUV 700. Hope at least this deadline is met.

Looking forwards to hearing from the community if anyone gets any update on this.
Old 10th August 2022, 10:36   #6433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Today is the day when Apple CarPlay is finally supossed to become available for the XUV 700. Hope at least this deadline is met.

Looking forwards to hearing from the community if anyone gets any update on this.
A birdie tells me that, this date too has slipped. I hope the birdie is wrong
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 10:45   #6434

Quote:

Is it confirmed to be a OTA or do we need to go to the Service centre with the pendrive and all the flashing process ? I checked this morning and the software update icon in the applications menu shows no new update.
Old 10th August 2022, 10:50   #6435
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
A birdie tells me that, this date too has slipped. I hope the birdie is wrong
No CarPlay has really started to get annoying now, more so cause Mahindra (or Bosch?) keep missing their deadlines. Close to a year now since the car was launched and I'm sure it's been several years since this was in development. The excuse to put blame on Apple for delayed certification doesn't hold anymore.

After 3 months of use I can say the Adrenox UI is actually terrible from an user experience point of view. It's slow compared to competition, touch response is laggy and a ton of screen real estate is wasted. CarPlay is sorely missed.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed