Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2022, 14:32   #6661

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick3094 View Post
Encountered some noise coming from the steering column. It is sort of a clatter noise or like sparking or something.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=KM228xAFESU?feature=share
Any updates on this issue. I faced it on mine just now for the very first time but mine seems to be coming from either the speakers or somewhere near dashboard.
Old 27th August 2022, 15:44   #6662

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb13 View Post
Any updates on this issue. I faced it on mine just now for the very first time but mine seems to be coming from either the speakers or somewhere near dashboard.
Nothing found yet. Had reported it to the SA along with a few other issues. They took the car to the workshop, but heard the noise again after a few days, but never noticed it after that. Not sure if it is really fixed, but hasn’t happened a lot since then.
Also, ours was coming from the steering column, somewhere near the driver’s display.
Maverick3094 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 16:47   #6663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post

5) Still awaiting for Mahindra to provide the option of normal cruise control in the AX7L version as adaptive cruise control is not usable in my city at all. This can be fixed with a simple software update.
- Normal cruise control means you set a desired speed and the car maintains that speed no matter what
- Adaptive Cruise Control means the car will maintain that speed unless there's a danger of collision or an obstacle or there's a smaller speed limit than the speed you have set
I have faced situations where I would have braked but the car did not and so I had to brake and take back control. This is with AX7L P. The only headache is I have to keep reactivating ACC since it disengages when I apply manual brakes. Doesn't the same happen for normal cruise mode in other cars? Meaning when you brake doesn't normal cruise mode disengage?
Old 27th August 2022, 19:32   #6664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Tried shutting off the vehicle completely and restarting around 3-4 times but the same recurring issue constantly.

Finally decided to take a break and just walk around the block for a bit and try restarting after around 10 mins. Went back and fired the ignition, praying all the while for things to be right. Lo and behold, the boot-up happened normally and everything was spick & span, like nothing ever happened.
Well, our digital experiences (most noticeably with Microsoft Windows and its dreaded Blue Screen Of Death) taught us the value of a reboot .

On a serious note, an automobile needing to manage so many hardware components needs a very robust Operating system. At the moment, it appears a very fragmented universe with each manufacturer doing their own thing.

I am hoping for some consolidation through an open source or closed source OS (Android / Linux examples from other worlds) that reduces individual R & D for manufacturers, but also adds maturity to the OS over time.

Perhaps, there is already something going on this direction that I may be unaware.

Last edited by haribalram : 27th August 2022 at 19:32. Reason: Typos
haribalram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 21:25   #6665
BHPian

Hello! Just took delivery of my Petrol AX5 AT. Will be posting my thoughts very soon.

Wanted to know if anyone has installed a good rear parcel tray? The one from Mahindra is quite pricey and out of stock as of now.

Additionally, I’m aware sequential turn indicators have been omitted from AX5, but does that mean the regular indicator is only half of the size compared to sequential indicator variant. On my car the space on the tailgate where the indicator is supposed to be there doesn’t glow, is this an omission?

Attaching a picture for clarity.

Name:  84F33D87A35E4E2281352E966D2FFAFE.jpeg
Views: 1198
Size:  32.3 KB
Old 27th August 2022, 21:52   #6666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Nittor View Post
I am also waiting for Ax7 P AT, the date has moved from Jan 24 to Mar 23 now. Just want to understand if any e has taken delivery recently of an Ax7 model without the luxury pack? Need to know if it still has adaptive cruise control. Also is it having sequential turn indicator. Last time they changed these in the feature list after Scorpio was launched. It would be disappointing if both these are removed from Ax7 Variant
I hope to take delivery of my AX7L P AT next week. As far as I recall AX7 never had adaptive cruise control. This was only in the L variants.
The sequential lights have been deleted from all variants except the L variants. However during the PDI, I noticed only the front indicators were sequential, and rear were not. SA said for L variant it will be given at a later date (and this will be given to me in writing).
Bh.P is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 22:12   #6667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I hope to take delivery of my AX7L P AT next week. As far as I recall AX7 never had adaptive cruise control. This was only in the L variants.
The sequential lights have been deleted from all variants except the L variants. However during the PDI, I noticed only the front indicators were sequential, and rear were not. SA said for L variant it will be given at a later date (and this will be given to me in writing).
Guess the Automatic Cruise Control was there on AX7 but only on AT variants and above. The AX7 D AT which I had booked had Automatic Cruise Control mentioned in brochure.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2022 at 17:59. Reason: Abbreviation
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 22:17   #6668
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post
I have got Blaupunkt dh05 installed on my AX5 a couple of months back. I had it installed from the Mahindra dealer's accessory division in Mangalore.It has dynamic guidelines which change based on the steering direction change.It is better than the Mahindra one & is useful. Direct fitment near the registration plate and took around 1 hour to get it done.
I installed Blaupunkt DH05 in my car today. Although the picture quality in the day is acceptable and the angle is pretty wide, I am appalled by the night time quality. I don't have experience regarding this matter, so please have a look at the attached pictures and tell me if it's like this only in the night or have I purchased the wrong/fake camera.

Also, they did a software update to version 8, and after that, the DISCLAIMER remains there for a longer time, and the infotainment takes a long time to boot up at the start of the trip. Even if you engage the reverse gear, the screen shows DISCLAIMER and you can't see the rear view cam display. It works fine once the system is booted up. Is there any way to communicate these bugs to Mahindra?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220827_215529.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220827_215420.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_2022082721522279_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg  

Last edited by sbm : 27th August 2022 at 22:24.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 01:46   #6669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkocherry View Post
I too have the BoB fastag. Try using paytm which will allow you to recharge the tag very easily. I am currently using that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Go to Gpay and type fastag; you'll get a list of all fastags, including BOB. Choose the one you want to recharge and make the payment.
I've tried GPay/PayTM and other third-party apps. Like I said in my OP, the tag is not linked to the vehicle number due to which when I enter the number, it says incorrect or doesn't exist. The tag is linked with the chassis number but somehow no records with the vehicle number. I'll probably call up support and check with them. Thanks tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I have a BoB fasting and it was setup with the registration number at the time of delivery. But even it wasn't you can call their helpline and they will do it provided you give them the RC copy to do so.

If it wasn't setup with the registration number, you can use your chassis number with the usual NETC format and that will work as well. I use either BHIM or one of the UPI apps to charge all of my fasttags
Yes, It works with the chassis number with the Park+ app but I wanted to use other apps to recharge with the vehicle number and it won't let me do that. I think connecting with the support is the way to go to get things updated.

Thanks!
Old 28th August 2022, 03:55   #6670
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I recall AX7 never had adaptive cruise control. This was only in the L variants.
Only the automatic AX7 variants have had the Automatic Cruise Control since the start.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2022 at 18:00. Reason: Abreviation
IamNikhil is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 09:52   #6671
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Sir, may I ask when you had booked, which dealer and what colour?
Old 28th August 2022, 09:59   #6672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
I've tried GPay/PayTM and other third-party apps. Like I said in my OP, the tag is not linked to the vehicle number due to which when I enter the number, it says incorrect or doesn't exist. The tag is linked with the chassis number but somehow no records with the vehicle number. I'll probably call up support and check with them. Thanks tho.

Yes, It works with the chassis number with the Park+ app but I wanted to use other apps to recharge with the vehicle number and it won't let me do that. I think connecting with the support is the way to go to get things updated.

Thanks!
Generally Fastag procurred by the dealer for new vehicles are linked to chassis number. Simple solution is to approach the fastag issuer with RC and get it updated. I had a KVB FASTag issued on chassis number and was not able to use third party apps like Gpay etc. Visited bank branch with RC and ID proof and next day it was updated.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th August 2022 at 10:03.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:09   #6673
BHPian

Are any prospective XUV7OO buyers, who have booked it, receiving this delightfully vague SMS "Hi, we are working on yr order and will reach out to you again, two months and one month prior to your delivery. For current and future updates....click here.."
I received the same SMS on 3rd August and then again on 27th August. Although my booking shows delivery between Feb-March,2024, I was a bit super excited and wanting to know if my XUV AX7 L D AT delivery was being expedited, called my SA - he simply smirked and told me that there's absolutely no connection between the production team and the SMS team! End of all the excitement....and that was enough to deflate my weekend!
rambomumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:18   #6674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Just took delivery of my Petrol AX5 AT. Will be posting my thoughts very soon.
Congrats! Looking forward to your review. I'm also eyeing this variant. Are the suspension issue, football noise in the back, and software glitches fixed in the new batch? I'm waiting for Mahindra to sort out these initial niggles.

Also, what is the city mileage that you're getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Additionally, I’m aware sequential turn indicators have been omitted from AX5, but does that mean the regular indicator is only half of the size compared to sequential indicator variant. On my car the space on the tailgate where the indicator is supposed to be there doesn’t glow, is this an omission?
No, sadly that's how it is. You can get it changed to sequential ones later.

Happy motoring!

Last edited by naru80 : 28th August 2022 at 10:21.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:54   #6675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
I think connecting with the support is the way to go to get things updated.
Contact dealer, they can fix it for you. If not, you need to walk into a BoB branch. They do not fix it online.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed