Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:29   #6781
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Importance of PPF

Got a nasty scratch on the rear right side, probably some biker brushed against in traffic. The impact was enough to penetrate and tear through the PPF.

After replacing that door's PPF -- as good as new! The damage didn't reach the paint and PPF totally saved the original paint and prevented a paint job.

Total cost of replacing the PPF, just 2000rs including labour.

Any paint peel? That's a common criticism that when one removes a well settled PPF the paint comes off with it. I am on the fence for PPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
This one is mine. The OEM wires weren’t spliced. The male female jacks were used and the splicing was done on secondary wires. They have just installed the parts these were procured by me. All I got from them were folding mirrors and the abs guard for front and back. For steering mounted controls to work there are three wires that need to be shifted from the lower panel coupler to the steering column coupler.

Mahindra will never allow this. I went to 4 different dealerships in 2 different cities. They don’t even try to activate the cruise control. All they say is this isn’t possible.
Oh wow! Small world

Good to know that this accessories shop is not going full on rambo on high-tech cars like XUV700, however I still can't convince myself to sit there while they rip the panels open

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
I would like to have that Auto Dimming rear view mirror and rear bumper lights instead of reflectors.
I wish Xuv700 should have borrowed lights instead of reflectors(rear) and front parking sensors from Xuv300.
Awaiting for someone to integrate front parking sensors in MID.
M2All has front parking sensors as an accessory, I wonder if anyone's installed them? They would be very beneficial in city traffic.

Quote:
Request mods to please move all delivery status related posts to a different thread. This thread is filled with delivery status/delay related posts and actual car related discussions, experiences and issues are being diluted.
+1

So much chatter about delays and M&M's handling - all the conversation about ownership gets lost.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:35   #6782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
My car is on 8.01.41, no 3rd party accessories installed. Today I came across another spectacle, one screen didn’t come on at all when I started the car. The drive lasted about 1.45 hours. Thankfully both screens were working fine on the drive back home, the car was parked for about an hour.
You shouldn't be facing so many display related issues. As far as I know the silverbox controls the displays and there's a chance the issue is with the silver box.

The battery drain issue too is related to silverbox. My best guess is the drain was/is caused by a bug in energy management of the GSM module. I believe this was fixed via software update in the recent versions.

If you continue facing repeated display issues even after being on latest version consider pushing Mahindra for a silverbox replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Any paint peel? That's a common criticism that when one removes a well settled PPF the paint comes off with it. I am on the fence for PPF.
There won't be any paint peel issue so soon. That would take years to manifest. That being said the film I have installed is TPU with acrylic based glue, it's advertised to prevent the paint peel issue but you can only be sure when the time comes. I'm hoping the marketing hold true 4-5 years down the line.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 23:47   #6783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
may I ask when you had booked, which dealer and what colour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Nittor View Post
What color is your car and when did you book it, if you don't mind sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
...mine has changed to "order under planning", but no change to CPD which still shows Aug'23.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
my booking (AX7 L AWD) moved to "order under planning" after about 2 months of booking. Was feeling excited and then noticed estimated delivery date remains unchanged at Oct 23. Any pointers if one can expect the vehicle sooner given the order status change
I am not sure if the order status on website has any relevance. Read below to understand why.

March 2022: Booked an Everest White Petrol AX7L AT. The promised delivery date was Dec 2023. Had totally forgotten about it. Checked Carens and Alacazar in the meantime, but decided against them. Both are great cars in their own right, but the poor safety rating eliminated them.

In July, I casually inquired about changing my booking to a diesel (though I decided against it later, given my low running and short runs, which could lead to DPF issues). Other than this no other interaction with the SA.

On Aug 8, I get a call stating the car is allotted to me (apparently the original allottee passed his/her chance). Over next couple of days SA came home, shared the VIN (July manufactured) and status was BBND (built but not dispatched). SA clearly mentioned they had not clue when the car would be dispatched and Mahindra was facing delays in that off late. There was no pressure to make any payment till I did PDI. The proforma invoice was shared. No discounts. I was told to get the insurance quotes from outside and they would match if possible. Else I am free to buy outside.

On Aug 24, I was notified the car had arrived. PDI would be arranged for next day, and delivery for Sep 1.

On Aug 25, I was allowed to do PDI in a showroom closer to their yard (PDI in yard was not allowed, and I did not want them to drive it down to my showroom since it was 50 kms away. They would get it for PDI, take it back and again get it on delivery day). My SA was very accomodative on these things. PDI went well. Odod reading was 27 kms. All seemed fine.

On Aug 26, I shared the insurance quotes. They initially brought the quote to within 6K of the external quote I got. I agreed and made all the payment. Later that evening, on checking, my SA confirmed that the modified quote did not include some addons. He suggested I get the insurance from outside and he would arrange to refund the insurance amount after delivery.

On Aug 27, I bought the insurance and shared with SA. Requested to check if he can deliver on Aug 31. No commitment.

On Aug 30 evening, he sent a screenshot showing error on Vahan portal, and said registration could not be completed. Hence he cannot deliver on 31. On Aug 30 night 10:30 PM, I got an SMS from Vahan confirming payment of road tax and the vehicle number.

Aug 31 morning SA calls and says their team worked overnight to pay the road tax and they would deliver! I went on Aug 31 and 3:30 and took delivery.

All this while the status of the order showed "Order confirmed".

This morning it till shows Shipped!

The dealership has been a pleasure to work with. No pushing of anything. Infact on the delivery date, the accessories shop in the showroom was closed. So I could not get any accessories either.

I handed over the car for ceramic coating next day. Should have it back tomorrow.
Bh.P is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 00:16   #6784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Awaiting for someone to integrate front parking sensors in MID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
M2All has front parking sensors as an accessory, I wonder if anyone's installed them? They would be very beneficial in city traffic
Don't even think about getting those. It's an ugly device that gets installed on your dash. I have to say barring a few, most of Mahindra's accessories are very substandard.

The front parking sensors and even the camera accessory for AX5 and below are a prime example of just how bad their accessory design department is. As rpmmachine said, seamless integration with MID is what we expect and I too am hoping someone is able to integrate the front sensors in MID considering that the Scorpio-N gets it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I am not sure if the order status on website has any relevance. Read below to understand why.
It sure does. In you case you received a car that was originally allotted to someone else. That car up until the last moment will remain linked to the phone number of the person who originally booked it. So your online tracking will not reflect updates about that car.

As for your buying experience, its pretty much in line with mine, Mahindra has improved the sales experience by miles now, no more push for accessories, got rid of the handling charges, no push for insurance.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 03:19   #6785
BHPian

Quote:
Importance of PPF

This looks good and I've been thinking of getting it done too.

However, recently I got the panel painting done for the right side of the bumper which had a fair bit of scratches due to a minor accident and it cost me about 4k (the actual painting was 2.9k, just taxes + washing they included).

And while I thought it'll look like a patch after it's done, I was surprised to see the finishing done (very clean job, no one can tell repainting is done ever).

So after this experience, I'm thinking what other benefits would a PPF provide considering you can get the repainting done wherever required and no need to spend upfront.

P.S. Mine's Midnight Black, So the scratches were quite big and visible
Smartomotive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 08:47   #6786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
This looks good and I've been thinking of getting it done too.

However, recently I got the panel painting done for the right side of the bumper which had a fair bit of scratches due to a minor accident and it cost me about 4k (the actual painting was 2.9k, just taxes + washing they included).

And while I thought it'll look like a patch after it's done, I was surprised to see the finishing done (very clean job, no one can tell repainting is done ever).

So after this experience, I'm thinking what other benefits would a PPF provide considering you can get the repainting done wherever required and no need to spend upfront.

This is very valid point and highlighted by many fellow members as well. Imagine a scenario where you spent the money on PPF and God forbid, meet with an accident which require panel / body repair work, the money you spent on PPF is gone and in top of it you need to spend on repairs. In addition, if you want new PPF then again you need to pay. So I am not sure the math works out in long term where car is prone to accidents /repairs which are beyond PPF capability.. It would be more economical to just repaint whichever part is damaged as and when it happens rather than paying such a huge sum upfront.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd September 2022 at 08:56.
Aviator_guy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:36   #6787

Hi everyone,

I've seen a few XUV7OOs with normal LED turn indicators, weird thing i noticed that the rear and side indicators were not in sync. I think those examples were supposed to come with sequential indicators but were removed due to chip shortage. Has anyone noticed the same?
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:57   #6788
BHPian

Quote:
Bumper is a very small part, try repainting a side door, the difference is apparent for panels which are immediately next to a factory painted panel.

Quote:

The major benefit PPF provides is:

- Peace of mind that factory paint will remain intact even after several years
- Small scratches and swirl marks disappear automatically
- On colors such as midnight black where even micro-scratches are noticeable this means your car keeps looking brand new with zero efforts. Otherwise to get rid of those you'll have to perform periodic detailing which itself costs min 5k per session.
- Re-painting most definitely affects re-sale value

That being said, PPF makes complete sense for only those people who are very particular about their cars and want to keep them looking factory fresh for as long as possible. Some people aren't as bothered by swirl marks and minor scratches.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 3rd September 2022 at 12:58.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 15:46   #6789
BHPian

Visited Zulaikha Motors Pvt Ltd last week to test drive XUV 7OO, couldn't drive that day as strom water drain work was going on near the showroom. The sales person called me on Wednesday and checked when to bring the vehicle for test drive. I informed him my availability is limited to weekends and asked him to bring the vehicle today. He duly brought the vehicle for TD. Full marks to Mahindra, they didn't get complacent on the number of bookings.

I drove diesel auto and following are my observations:

- Seats were very comfortable and electronic adjustable seats are sure a boon. However, the driver door side arm rest is not as comfortable as we had in XUV 5OO, it was so comfortable in that car, I expected it to be same and was disappointed.

- It takes small potholes with ease without much impact to people in the cabin.

- Drive was okay, I felt it took a bit longer duration in changing gears. I could hear the sound inside the cabin and for some reason I felt the drive was not smooth, could be due to test drive car.

- I could easily maneuver in the traffic, this is a huge plus considering the sheer size of the car.

- Sound quality was excellent, some of the features like 360* camer, handbrake auto activation in P mode are really good.

- My wife stated rear seats were comfortable as well. 3rd row strictly for kids and short people.

- No boot space whatsoever, it would have been great if it had atleast Carens level of boot space.

- Mileage it was showing as 7 in the instrument cluster.

- AX5 5 seater auto is readily available, petrol versions have limited waiting periods. AX7 D has a wait list of 48 weeks. But he stated he would try to give in 6 to 8 months

- No price protection even if I book now, which is really bad. For sure Mahindra would raise the cost in 2023 and I will be a loser just because of long notice periods,which is not my mistake.

Overall, before test drive I was confident in getting this car, but now I am not that confident. Need to drive again before taking a decision.
Old 3rd September 2022, 16:43   #6790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post

Overall, before test drive I was confident in getting this car, but now I am not that confident. Need to drive again before taking a decision.
Last weekend me and my friends spend the days in two XUV5OO of various vintage, latest being the 155 bhp version, we were having a nice trip to the hills, blitzing through Western ghats, the road grip these machines have is amazing. They are at their best behaviour once the speedo crosses 100kmph.

This week my friend received his 7OO AWD, we did put that one through its paces - to put it simply - if you like to drive , this is THE best crossover yet for this money and a lot beyond.

If possible get the L variant automatic, XUV is completely worth the money as well as the 10 months the fellow waited for it.
Kosfactor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:47   #6791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post

XUV 700 AX7L Dashcam Recording only 10 mins video in Loop

Looks like the inbuilt DVR of the Luxury variants is not of much help cause of the below limitations :

1. If you are using the 360 camera by manually putting the cam for live view , the DVR stops recording: In a recent trip to the mountains , while I was using the live view to manoeuvre a narrow road at speeds < 10 kmph , no recording was found for this time frame.

2. The SD card gets full every 5-6k kms run: The videos stored in the 'emergency video' section of the DVR aren't overwritten cyclically . Thus , after every month or so , the DVR starts storing only 10 mins clips of general video and keeps overwriting this . There is no option to set the g-sensor sensitivity either.

3. There is no easy way to extract the recorded video out of the car: Either visit the service center to get the SD card out , or , using your mobile camera, record the video playing on the screen .

4. Fish eye effect : The videos recorded have extraaa fish eye effect (cause of extra wide angle view?) , this makes it useless to be included in trip videos .

5. Night recording : The videos recorded at night contains too much halo and glare , thus most of the time the number plates aren't visible .

Looks like , XUV luxury variant owners too will have to go for dashcam installed .
Would love suggestions on the same from the good folks here !
D_Security_Guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:15   #6792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
1. If you are using the 360 camera by manually putting the cam for live view , the DVR stops recording:
Didn't realize this. I'll check this one next time and it's something Mahindra should fix if true.

Quote:
The videos stored in the 'emergency video' section of the DVR aren't overwritten cyclically
This is a non-issue as it's same in all dashcams. Besides there is an option to delete all emergency recordings.

Quote:
3. There is no easy way to extract the recorded video out
This is the single most biggest blunder by Mahindra/Bosch. Mahindra needs to fix this ASAP.

Quote:
The videos recorded have extraaa fish eye effect
Again a non-issue as this is how fisheye lens work. It's easily fixable via software once you have the files. (which Mahindra doesn't make easy)

Quote:
The videos recorded at night contains too much halo and glare , thus most of the time the number plates aren't visible.
Even most dedicated dash cams have poor night time quality, I use a Mi dashcam in my other car and you can't make out the number plates at night with that as well.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 00:44   #6793
BHPian

Quote:
...Mahindra needs to fix this ASAP...
Is there an email address of someone who could take collective feedback from all owners and get things moving internally?

We could have everyone who have these widespread issues mentioned in a google sheet or something and then share with Mahindra to look into it. They may see the number of complainants and take some proper action (Suspension issue, football in trunk, dashcam issues, etc.).
Smartomotive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 09:55   #6794

Hi all. I have just got my XUV 700 AX7 L. Like anyone with a new toy, I have some quick questions.. thanks in advance

(a) Anyone here from Delhi NCR who has an experience (good or bad) with doing PPF on their car/s. Please suggest where can I do it from since intend to get the PPF done

(b) My car is Midnight black. Will clear PPF be better or black colored PPF? My first hunch is that black might interfere with the dual tonality of the color.

(c) Does anyone know what's the latest firmware on AdrenoX on the car? Just want to make sure mine's on the latest version

(d) Has anyone here got apple car play already done? I know it's official start date is 5th Sep.. but just curious.
Old 4th September 2022, 11:34   #6795
BHPian

Mahindra has been spied testing a bronze-colour XUV700 in Pune. In all likelihood, it’s the same electric variant that was spotted before launch last year. Maybe readying it for festive season limited edition.

Credits - Ishwar Koli
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-16870747c40a49229a157c46d140bfbb.jpeg  

manaljain is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed