Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2022, 21:07   #6901
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

TurboCharger Actuator Link Recall for AWD ?

Went to the service center to get the s/w update for Apple Car Play.
While the flashing took around 2 hrs , total time spent for the process(courtesy: huge que) was 5 hrs !

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220911_181324830.jpg

The RO generated, list the following demand repairs (with zero billing):

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_202209111133303.png

It looks like Mahindra has released a circular to the service centers to replace the TurboCharger Actuator Link

Not sure if this is specific to AWD or for all the models.

However , this part was not available with them and hence this job was postponed .

I tried to fetch more information about this part and if this may create any trouble in my daily drive,but seems like the service guys have no clue about it .

Frequent visit to the service centers to get these trivial issues resolved demands a huge patience and free time .

Wish there were OTA/USB based updates available to customers for all S/W bugs and features.

Visting SC for any hardware replacement is ofcourse , non-negotiable.
D_Security_Guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 21:26   #6902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
After a series of twists and turns, I am getting my XUV 700 AX7L D AT next week
Hi, I am getting delivery of my XUV 700 5 seater in about 10 days. Do you know the cost of the Pharaoh mats? Their website says 12,000. While they look awesome isn’t that a bit much? I tried calling Pharaoh directly and even Hottracks. But no response. Most probably cause I tried today on a Sunday. Any lead on this would help
You can call Akshay of Hot Tracks at 9945131419. I just got the mats yesterday, they are worth the price, attaching some photographs
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3109.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3119.jpeg  

sudhirjaipur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 21:26   #6903
BHPian

Hi,

Like I’ve mentioned above, should be getting my car in the next 10 days. Mine is AX 5 petrol automatic 5 seater. Wanted some thoughts regarding accessories.

The confirmed ones from Mahindra I’ll definitely buy are:
1. Mud flaps
2. Scruff plates
3. Screen protector

Those am a little confused about:
1. Reverse camera: (would love to try what Raven_Avi has done by installing AX7 camera in his AX5, but not sure if dealers here will be as helpful. Other options are Mahindra accessory or Blaupankt DH05

2. Mats: I just don’t seem to like the look of 7D mats. Would ideally like something like a Kagu 3D mats

3. Automatic Headlights: while this is a Mahindra accessory, would like to know of people who have got it installed and how it works.

Any other suggestions are welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
You can call Akshay of Hot Tracks at 9945131419. I just got the mats yesterday, they are worth the price, attaching some photographs
Thanks so much …. Would love to see those pics for sure.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th September 2022 at 10:31. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
DevSoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 21:44   #6904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
An update on this issue. It was not actually fixed, the service center had instead tweaked the steering wheel position but the left pull persisted.

Went back this time and sat with the technician for a drive, the issue was solved rather quickly. The technician kept stopping the car to adjust the alignment with a spanner somewhere towards the left of the front wheel.

The car now runs straight as an arrow. Hope it stays that way.
I had left pull, after couple of visits to the workshop, steering calibration and alignment, it felt good, but within 1000km, now I feel a slight pull towards right with steering in straight position. Need to rectify during the 2nd service, due in few days.

Anyone facing AFE resetting with every refill, even with AFE Auto Reset option set to OFF i.e. it should not reset with re-fuelling. The SA told me this feature is not yet activated by Mahindra!!!

Another annoying thing is, I keep getting the "User Profile Activated" very frequently, repeating, during the drive, and it blocks whatever is on the screen for few seconds. I am on 08.01.41.
Old 11th September 2022, 21:47   #6905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Thanks so much …. Would love to see those pics for sure.
Please see message number 6902.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 23:59   #6906
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Like I’ve mentioned above, should be getting my car in the next 10 days. Mine is AX 5 petrol automatic 5 seater. Wanted some thoughts regarding accessories.

The confirmed ones from Mahindra I’ll definitely buy are:
1. Mud flaps
2. Scruff plates
3. Screen protector

1. Reverse camera: (would love to try what Raven_Avi has done by installing AX7 camera in his AX5, but not sure if dealers here will be as helpful. Other options are Mahindra accessory or Blaupankt DH05

2. Mats: I just don’t seem to like the look of 7D mats. Would ideally like something like a Kagu 3D mats

3. Automatic Headlights: while this is a Mahindra accessory, would like to know of people who have got it installed and how it works.

Any other suggestions are welcome
Recently got the updated Mahindra reverse camera installed on the same variant 700 as yours - it’s not that bad to be honest. The integration into the camera housing is MUCH better than what it was on the previous generation camera accessory offered by Mahindra.

AX7 camera would obviously be much better with dynamic guidelines, but all the dealers in Delhi NCR have point blank refused to extend any help, in fact they even warned the warranty will be void if I try to get this done.

Also look to get the automatic headlight kit installed, it’s been out of stock for the longest time.

Another good add on would be a TPMS - if anyone has any recommendations, please do share.
madnish30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 06:45   #6907
BHPian

How long it takes for m2all site to deliver an item? I want to purchase some things which are not available offline with the dealer but the site shows delivery available for my pin code.
Old 12th September 2022, 08:32   #6908
BHPian

How is the underbody protection for the XUV7OO?
Is any additional protection required?
Planning for rust protection only at this point. Any recommendations for the same would be welcome (3M or dealership or any other option in Bangalore)
Old 12th September 2022, 09:47   #6909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Mahindra haven't yet provided any option for retrofitting auto-dimming IRVM from any other model. Considering the assembly of the IRVM currently houses the camera/sensors, seems difficult that an auto-dimming IRVM will ever be available. A very disappointing miss from Mahindra frankly, speaks volumes about ridiculous cost-cutting measures.
The assembly need not be changed for replacing the IRVM. But you would require to find a matching mount and only change the mirror. For your information BHPian Sunilsoft has got his IRVM changed (apart from other modifications) and there is a video of his car somewhere in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
How is the underbody protection for the XUV7OO?
Is any additional protection required?
The underbody protection is normally not required for most cases but there is one added benefit associated with it. It helps to plug the minute pores between the metallic sheets and help somewhat in insulating the tyre noise.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 11:33   #6910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post

It looks like Mahindra has released a circular to the service centers to replace the TurboCharger Actuator Link

It is not just for AWD models. I have an AX7 and had this part for my Job Card as well. Since it was an orange alert i chose not to go ahead with it immediately. I will probably do it 2 weeks later.
Old 12th September 2022, 11:50   #6911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post

Went to the service center to get the s/w update for Apple Car Play.
While the flashing took around 2 hrs , total time spent for the process(courtesy: huge que) was 5 hrs !

Attachment 2357413

Attachment 2357412

However , this part was not available with them and hence this job was postponed .

I tried to fetch more information about this part and if this may create any trouble in my daily drive,but seems like the service guys have no clue about it .

Frequent visit to the service centers to get these trivial issues resolved demands a huge patience and free time .

Wish there were OTA/USB based updates available to customers for all S/W bugs and features.

Visting SC for any hardware replacement is ofcourse , non-negotiable.

They had a recall list for my AX5 Petrol manual too. But turbocharger actuator wasn’t one of them
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-0faacf4a256d4528b456d8aeb33b29f0.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3ed6d9c3f96b48c59989f49eb1e91fd0.png  

Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:02   #6912
BHPian

Dear All,
This is my first Post in Team-BHP.

After doing research for almost a year, have finally taken the plunge with XUV700 AXL P AT.

Reasons for booking:
1. With birth of 2nd daughter last year and frequent visit of parents, current i10 doesn't offer convenience for 4 adults and 2 kids. So, was looking for a 6 or 7 seater.
2. Wanted to move to SUV category since long.

Evaluated other 6/7 seater options (Safari, XL6, Alcazar, Carens). Safari was straightaway rejected because no petrol version. My yearly running is 5-6k and paying premium for Diesel didn't make sense, plus was not very sure of future regulatory environment related to diesel cars. Didn't like MPVish look of XL6 and Carens. Was interested in Alcazar because was very happy with great customer service of Hyundai for my current i10 but unfortunately, Alcazar has zero road presence which is a significant -ve for a car priced above 20L.

After watching lots of videos on You tube and reading reviews here, zeroed on AX7 version as the best value of money. I was aware of long waiting period but I was in no hurry, so long delivery time was a non issue. Did the test drive and decided to go ahead with it. At the time of booking, realised that if any spending 25L might as well spend a 1.5-2.0 L extra and get the luxury version. Hence, AX7L P AT.

Did booking on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi and now eagerly awaiting further update on the car.

Few questions from Forum:

1. Till now no feedback from M&M on scheduled date of delivery. Website shows only "Booking Completed". After how many days from booking, do I get the planned scheduled date?

2. I have booked the car in my name but may take the delivery through my company to save taxes. SA assured that it can be done later, but just want to reconfirm.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220912.png  

RashmiRathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:17   #6913
BHPian

I found a shop for 3M CR70 sun film and was able to negotiate to sub 25k for sides and back (no windshield).

I think there's still scope for further negotiation if anyone else also wants to get it done in a group deal and it seems like a good deal considering the least I've gotten for 3M was 28k without a windshield.

He was working with 3M earlier and now has his own garage. Shows 3M boxes and has already worked with other XUV700s plus has good reviews overall.

Further, he's fine with us getting the film tested anywhere for its authenticity. Seems genuine.

If anyone here in Bangalore is looking for a 3M CR70, then PM me. We can lock a decent group deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
It is not just for AWD models. I have an AX7 and had this part for my Job Card as well. Since it was an orange alert i chose not to go ahead with it immediately. I will probably do it 2 weeks later.
Are these recalls related to Diesel variants only? Any for Petrol?

I recently got Apple CarPlay updated but had no recall or other info but I feel this dealer doesn't really care considering they didn't even update the Map either. So I have to ask them to do things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
1. Till now no feedback from M&M on scheduled date of delivery. Website shows only "Booking Completed". After how many days from booking, do I get the planned scheduled date?

2. I have booked the car in my name but may take the delivery through my company to save taxes. SA assured that it can be done later, but just want to reconfirm.
Welcome aboard

Not that you asked this question but you should def. reconsider and look into the FE for the Petrol variant if you're not aware already. I had the same mindset during the booking of not using the vehicle much but it's a pleasure to drive this car and usage increases automatically but its single-digit FE is simply not economical and has already sucked in plenty of fuel, trice more than my other petrol vehicle and I've already started to regret my decision to go for Petrol. Given a choice, I'll swap any day to diesel variant at this point...haha

I am trying hard to get it to give me at least 9km in city

But if you're still sure about it, then congrats and good luck!

Also, very good choice to go for the Luxury pack and AT variant

Now to answer your Qs:

1. It should usually reflect in 5-10 days. If it still hasn't been updated, contact your SA. They may have an update. The site is not reliable with updates, so it may take a few more days but you should also be getting an SMS with the tentative delivery dates. Keep an eye out!

2. Name changes of any kind usually go through an approval process as Mahindra is strict. Even a single typo had to be approved from Mahindra (A typo made by the dealer btw). But it was done. So as long as the company is yours, it should be fine but just may have to submit relevant documents to show your ties with the company.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2022 at 20:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:39   #6914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Are these recalls related to Diesel variants only? Any for Petrol?

I recently got Apple CarPlay updated but had no recall or other info but I feel this dealer doesn't really care considering they didn't even update the Map either. So I have to ask them to do things....
As far as I know, this was for specific Diesel vehicles (may be all those manufactured in a certain batch). There are other Diesel owners who I know had no such pop up when they went for the Car Play update.
normaltusker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 14:12   #6915
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

If you don't want to install the AX7 camera due to warranty issues, I would suggest you go for Mahindra's accessory camera. The Blaupunkt DH05 has a better viewing angle and moving guidelines as compared to the Mahindra camera, but the thing is, you'll have to buy both the Mahidra camera and the Blaupunkt DH05, which cost a total of approximately Rs. 6,000, because the long wire needed to connect the camera to the connectors beneath the glove box is available only with the accessories camera kit. There is not much to gain by installing DH05 instead of the new accessory camera AW60118.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks