Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2022, 10:07   #6976
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Rear Bumper Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkalyan View Post
It this Rear Bumper Guard worth buying? Does a rear bumper make sense especially if a biker rams into the vehicle?

It definitely does. It saved my car's rear bumper recently when a speeding biker rammed into it
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 11:24   #6977

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdarshan View Post
My DEF/Adblue top-up experience

I drive XUV700 AX7L D AT AWD and have been following this thread very closely. Thank you everyone for the invaluable knowledge sharing on this forum.

My car has done 7550 km so far and I am enjoying the experience. The DEF level was showing 41% and I was planning a long trip before my 3rd service due at 10,000 kms so I started exploring DEF top-up.

Here is my experience -
  • There was no alert on the dashboard about DEF. At the time of top-up, the DEF level was 39%.
  • DEF/Adblue tank capacity is 20 ltrs and the car gives alert when the level drops to 5 litrs i.e. 25%.
  • I called up my service advisor and he suggested bringing the car to the services station so they can check the actual quantity and recommend the top-up as needed.
  • I reached the service station just before 6pm. They quickly plugged in the laptop, and checked the DEF quantity which showed 8 ltrs. This process took 5 minutes.
  • As shared on this forum earlier, Mahindra recommends maxiCLEAN DEF that's available in 10, 6, and 2 litr buckets along with a filler hose.
  • I opted for 10 ltrs and I was charged Rs. 960.
  • A technician quickly filled the DEF tank and I was out of the service station in 10 minutes.
  • After the top-up, the dashboard showed DEF levels at 87%.
The DEF level low error E31 popped up at 8768km. As per the manual, min. 6 liters DEF to be filled, irrespective of the error code. However, not to exceed 6 liters, if we fill it ourselves.

DEF level was at 22%, since I am going on a long drive, SA suggested for a top-up. SA calculated 14 liters required to get to 100%, but it showed 93% after refill. I guess, this is because SA didn’t connect any laptop and did a rough estimate.

I think there was no 10 liter can, or, they have excess stock of 2 liters. 7 cans of 2 liters was used to top-up. Total amount as per the bill was 1864 inclusive of labor & tax. I am surprised to see you were charged only 960 for 10 liters.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-error.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-bill.jpg  

Attached Images

KishKush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 18:54   #6978

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionManali View Post
Dear TBHPians
Happy to report delivery of my AX7L AT AWD, dazzling silver yesterday. Took delivery at Mandi, HP and drove straight to Chandigarh.

Dealer staff was very supportive during PDI and delivery process. There was a scary moment just before delivery as front passenger side handle refused to fold. After an hour of trouble shooting with plant team, it was found that motor has given away. There was seemingly some moisture on motor which caused this. Wonder from where it came as internal panel was dry otherwise. However, as dealer did not have this in stock, same was inter changed with demo unit. Though it took almost 3 hours to demo unit to arrive from nearby location, I was happy at the end given the proactive approach of the dealer staff. Rest all was fine & will keep an eye on this moisture issue.

My machine has Bridgestone tires & June 2022 make. Got single key and non-sequential rear turn indicators with a written promise to get same in 4-6 months. Rear suspension has 9 coils, so no recall.

Accessories opted-Side steps, 3D mats, mud flaps, screen guard, illuminated scuff plates, paddle covers-Total cost after discount INR 33341.

Insurance – Tata AIG INR 64,732. Opted for RTI, bumper to bumper. I had 50% NCB.
Prices for extended warranties have gone up as reported here. Not opted as of now but will add 4th year one at least later via app.

Adrenox got activated immediately. Will have to spend some considerable time to get used to all gadgetry.

Based on drive from Mandi to Chandigarh
Engine is powerful, over takings are fun. Steering is light & ride comfort is excellent. Actually, it does not feel that one is driving such a huge & heavy car. To me, NHV level felt very good, specially coming from 4th generation Honda city Idtec. I am mostly a sedate driver so didn’t feel any lag or jerking/shaking issues as reported on this forum. Auto head lamps are a boon especially in hills.

Right now, beast is getting spa treatment along with a layer of paint protection film. Should be ready by Saturday evening. Leaving with some pictures.

Thanks to all the members for wonderful discussions here, which made some of my decisions easier. Looking forward.

Thanks

MM

Attachment 2339365

Attachment 2339366

Attachment 2339367
Congratulations for the new machine. When did you make the booking?
Old 19th September 2022, 18:56   #6979
BHPian

Hi guys

I just had the 10k service today for our XUV. So far, in all our previously owned vehicles, we had used FNGs. Could anyone tell me if I have been rightly charges for the service?

Also, should I protest against the charge for the disposable protective covers?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-2.png

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th September 2022, 21:12   #6980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_blatantly View Post
Congratulations for the new machine. When did you make the booking?
Thanks mate. I booked on 8th Oct 2021.It took few escalation mails to Mahindra to get it delivered in time( after status went into in planning stage).
MissionManali is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 23:56   #6981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper_52 View Post
Hi Everyone

First post here, got a membership after lurking so much in these thread - I have booked an XUV 700 AX7L P AT on April 21 and currently the delivery date is around August 22, I have a few questions

1. Can we put a seat cover on the ivory colored seats, with a kid and me also being a bit clumsy not sure how long can it stay clean

2. What are some of the necessary accessories that I should get
Do remember that AX7L has side airbags, and if you use seat covers and God forbid, in the event of an accident they will not inflate outside correctly because of new seat cover and stitching, also few car decors will say that its Air Bag friendly, they are not worth the risk. There is also possibility that the airbag if couldn't inflate correctly may end up injuring the passenger or driver because of inward explosion.
Of late there seem to be Airbag friendly seatcovers where there is a cut out where the side air bag inflates. Officially no car makers sell these seatcovers because of risks and liabilities. Do remember that before going for seat covers.
Wakeupsid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 08:20   #6982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
Hi guys

I just had the 10k service today for our XUV. So far, in all our previously owned vehicles, we had used FNGs. Could anyone tell me if I have been rightly charges for the service?

Also, should I protest against the charge for the disposable protective covers?

Attachment 2359673

Thanks in advance!
Do you really want to contest for 69/- or was it only for pun ?
Service prices seems very genuine, though I would love to hear from other owners.

Yet another soul waiting for his XUV700 (AT AX7), booked in July,22 and expected delivery date is Nov/Dec, 23.
Old 20th September 2022, 10:03   #6983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Do you really want to contest for 69/- or was it only for pun ?
Service prices seems very genuine, though I would love to hear from other owners.

Yet another soul waiting for his XUV700 (AT AX7), booked in July,22 and expected delivery date is Nov/Dec, 23.
That sounds re-assuring. Thank you for the input.

Not to sound like cheapskate, but that was a genuine question. I came across a similar post on Team-BHP in the past which said dealerships levying such charges is unethical or something. I get it, while it is just ~1% of the total service cost, I just don't want to be party to dealerships getting away with charging anything to customers just because they won't pay attention to it.
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 10:29   #6984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
That sounds re-assuring. Thank you for the input.

Not to sound like cheapskate, but that was a genuine question. I came across a similar post on Team-BHP in the past which said dealerships levying such charges is unethical or something. I get it, while it is just ~1% of the total service cost, I just don't want to be party to dealerships getting away with charging anything to customers just because they won't pay attention to it.
MASS do use it to protect your seat from getting soiled and it is a single use product. You can say that MASS is transparent in charging the cutomers for the cover. Otherwise they will load it as overhead charges on other services and you won't even notice. The dealer is not going to pay it from his pocket - that is for sure. Afterall he is running a business and all costs incurred will eventually be recovered from the customers.
Sommos is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 11:47   #6985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
MASS do use it to protect your seat from getting soiled and it is a single use product. You can say that MASS is transparent in charging the cutomers for the cover. Otherwise they will load it as overhead charges on other services and you won't even notice. The dealer is not going to pay it from his pocket - that is for sure. Afterall he is running a business and all costs incurred will eventually be recovered from the customers.
That makes sense. Answers my query. Thank you!
Old 20th September 2022, 11:49   #6986
BHPian

Question to Petrol AT users: Do you have a minor vibration in the car during acceleration in the speed range of 28-35 kmph?
I notice a slight vibration in this speed range. It is butter smooth before and after this range. My car just completed 1000 kms and will be going in for first service this week, when I will have this checked.
But wanted to know if other petrol owners faced this and if yes was it taken care of during the service?
Old 20th September 2022, 12:39   #6987

A Question to new AX5 Petrol Manual Users

When I talk to showroom, they tell me the new AX5 petrol Manual has Hill Hold + Traction Control + ESP.
But when I check earlier reviews, it shows no ESP or Traction Control or Hill Hold. Even the brochure from Mahindra says it has no ESP.

Can someone with a new AX5 Petrol throw some light on this if it really gets these features in the newer cars?
Old 20th September 2022, 14:17   #6988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
How easy is to drive XUV700 in the night with respect to the glare of the headlights of the vehicles from the opposite side? Is the driver seat height same as XUV500 or less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
Can anyone share their experience on how fast the status moves from “order under planning” to invoicing?

I booked my AX7 D AT AWD on sept 7 and saw the status updated to “order under planning” 2 days back. should I get excited or is it nothing to write home about?
My suggestion is not to take this seriously. in my case, i received the vehicle but the online status was still stuck in order under planning. Best way is to check with the dealer directly
Old 20th September 2022, 14:32   #6989
BHPian

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...e-9203681.html

Hopefully our SUVs will get delivered fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Buddy same here, booked in Aug '22 and delivery in Jan '24 (not a typo!).

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th September 2022 at 16:03. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 20th September 2022, 23:01   #6990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Question to Petrol AT users: Do you have a minor vibration in the car during acceleration in the speed range of 28-35 kmph?
That's the speed range in which the car upshifts to third; RPM being high before it shifts too. Except for the corresponding louder engine, no vibrations observed yet.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed