Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2022, 23:58   #6991
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
It looks like Mahindra has released a circular to the service centers to replace the TurboCharger Actuator Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I have an AX7 and had this part for my Job Card as well..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
AX5 Petrol manual. But turbocharger actuator wasn’t one of them
The recall issued for the Turbocharger Actuator Link replacement is for all 7OO diesel MTs & ATs. It's issued for all new Thar diesels too.

For petrol MT & AT owners, you guys need to get your steeds inspected for T-Block connector installations on the GVV vent pipes and canister. If missing, it will be done free of cost.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st September 2022 at 00:13.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 07:34   #6992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
T-Block connector installations on the GVV vent pipes and canister. If missing, it will be done free of cost.
Thank you! Is this recalls for petrol related to the issue some of us were facing were whole fuel was getting into canister? I see canister inspection in the shared job card too.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 17:53   #6993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The recall issued for the Turbocharger Actuator Link replacement is for all 7OO diesel MTs & ATs. It's issued for all new Thar diesels too.
I did check this with Service Center - they do not have anything listed against my 7OO at all. Unless they are rolling it out in batches, this isn’t true in my case. My car is Jan 2022 Mfg and AX7L AT AWD.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 19:40   #6994

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
That sounds re-assuring. Thank you for the input.

Not to sound like cheapskate, but that was a genuine question. I came across a similar post on Team-BHP in the past which said dealerships levying such charges is unethical or something. I get it, while it is just ~1% of the total service cost, I just don't want to be party to dealerships getting away with charging anything to customers just because they won't pay attention to it.
I too had this observation of the charges for the disposable seat covers. However, my concern was not the charge, but the poor fit of the covers. They kept slipping off on their own & felt more of a formality. Perhaps a better fit would be more appreciable
Old 21st September 2022, 19:59   #6995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Is there an email address of someone who could take collective feedback from all owners and get things moving internally?

We could have everyone who have these widespread issues mentioned in a google sheet or something and then share with Mahindra to look into it. They may see the number of complainants and take some proper action (Suspension issue, football in trunk, dashcam issues, etc.).
That's actually a wonderful idea. There are some guys for sure whom I can somehow share these inputs with in an official manner. And it would be prudent to add our names, contact number & vehicle details to make it more authentic & suitably actioned in respective locations.

Someone may please take the lead - I'm in for it!
rish_shish137 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 08:05   #6996
BHPian

Great initiative guys! While I'm not an owner yet, but looking at how often owners have reported niggles, something of this sort would definitely be a positive step forward.

If the manufacturer takes it seriously, and invests the time and efforts it will definitely improve the car by leaps and bounds.

Having said that, I just hope fixes are not limited to cars manufactured in the future but also are brought out to the cars of initial owners, else they will all feel like guinea pigs.
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:26   #6997
BHPian

Got my AX7L AWD Diesel AT (midnight black) beginning of this month. I had booked on the opening day and had the price protection valid (cool savings of more than 2 L).
With this buy, i broke the decade long monotony of ownership of Ertiga (ZDI 1st gen 2013 and ZXI AT - 2nd gen 2019).

Initial Experience driving the XUV700 is positive - especially it brings the excitement amongst my kids to see the whole new digital gadgetry and the large sunroof. Over this short period, most of my likes/dislikes are no different from what others have already shared in this thread.

Upgrading from Ertiga AT: My Ertiga AT (2019) had everything i wanted except a sunroof. My most liked feature was SVHS for guiltless stops at traffic signals, 4 speed AT/1.5L did its job effortlessly on daily city traffic and on highways and kept me sedate in my driving, sufficiently large boot space even with all seats up. It had 80-90% of what Innova would give me at 1/3rd the price - and was really tempted to go for another Ertiga/XL6 (that had 6 speed AT and paddle shifters, cruise control, 360 camera and other better gadgetry). But then decided to splurge a bit and was also drawn in by XUV700. When i booked the XUV, the proposed delivery date of Aug 22 coincided with my lease expiry of Ertiga AT, so didn't mind the long wait. I did toy with ditching XUV for upcoming new Innova but was not sure of delivery times and dropped that plan.

Delivery process was quite ok - i had some run-ins with the arrogant sales manager threatening to de-allot the car despite having multiple times clearly told them & their every forgetful customer service desk of procedural lead times required to complete my leasing process (close my existing lease & start a new one). Many ironies in their arguments but for another day. Their GM Sales stepped in and personally attended to the delivery and kept that arrogant sales manager away from me. Rest of the delivery staff were good & cordial throughout the process.
The delivery day was also quite eventful with the famous Bangalore rains and it was home delivered in the midst of pouring rain at 9:00pm after some anxious calls

What I liked in XUV
- Effortless and very light Steering (almost feels like toy car)
- all the new gadgets and fully loaded feature set - most liked - 360 camera, navigation in instrument panel and auto seat adjust (and royal welcome by auto slide back on entry and exit)
- of course the kids love the sunroof, digital panel and Alexa based commands, mobile/watch based remote operations
- ADAS - seems to do its job but I am still not comfortable trusting it fully
- Fun of sheer power at hand (especially for me graduating from 1.5l Ertiga)
- Mobile App with trip history including visual playback of the trip

What is not so good
- Front suspension has a kind of rumbling sound - need to check if this is normal or something I need to get it checked
- Stays in high rev and lower gears for a long time (this is similar to XUV500 AT too) which is a bit annoying in slow traffic (engine sound too is higher)
- Missing the SVHS/micro-hybrid in AT at traffic signals (needs to move to P to switch off the engine)
- Indicator/Blind side Cameras are useless during the actual turning (as the steering wheel blocks the view) and normal "side crashing" from bikes happen during the process of turning
- ADAS breaking is too jerky (maybe I need to play with the settings to find the optimum behaviour)
- Wireless charging - too slow and heats up the iPhone - will need to switch to cable based charging
- In-built Dashcam is really useless (No way to access files from SD card, no continuous playback (5 min videos - difficult to search) - I have go for an external dash cam
- In built GPS sometimes is glitchy - doesn't detect correct location and needs sometimes to restart the engine
- ofcourse the boot space with all seats up

Maybe I am over critical but these dislikes no way hinder my overall positive feeling of this vehicle and looking forward to driving on the highways (which I plan to do in October) after the first service.
harishhm74 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 09:46   #6998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Was awestruck to see the update online just now that vehicle has been invoiced and delivery is now scheduled for November 2022. ScorpioN effect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
My suggestion is not to take this seriously. in my case, i received the vehicle but the online status was still stuck in order under planning. Best way is to check with the dealer directly
True that. My vehicle arrived at the yard on 18th Sept., completed the PDI and now waiting eagerly for delivery on the auspicious day while the online tracking portal today shows it to be 'On its way' with delivery scheduled for November 2022.
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:12   #6999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Request mods to please move all delivery status related posts to a different thread. This thread is filled with delivery status/delay related posts and actual car related discussions, experiences and issues are being diluted.
Sincere request to the mods for the same. I'm sure all owners would surely be elated to have more & more people on board as owners of the beast! But somewhere, the booking & delivery related issues actually sway one away from the forum subject.

No wrong intent....
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:29   #7000
BHPian

Finally got 'the call' that a lot of us have been waiting for last night. Someone from the dealership called to say the person ahead of you has cancelled and would you like to take the car instead. My original delivery date per the site is November '22 but I happily agreed to take it a month in advance. The funny thing is my SA called me today morning saying sir I am going to arrange a car for you very soon. I let him know someone has already called me last night sharing about the cancellation. I could not see his face given we were on the phone but am sure I sensed a hint of embarrassment .

I have a few questions which I am hoping members on the forum can help with:

1) Anyone from Gurgaon who has dealt with Koncept Mahindra and can share if there is anything specific I should keep in mind.
2) Any recommendations for the floor mats? Kagu and Pharaoh would have been my first choice but the Pharaoh mats have gone out of stock and Kagu mats are not available for XUV700 still.
3) For PDI my SA suggested he can get the car to the showroom however I shared I was happy to go to their stock yard to do PDI. He was sort of ok with it. I had heard on this forum that the dealers are no longer allowing PDI at the stockyard. Is that true? Anyone has any recent experience with PDI at Koncept Gurgaon?
4) Anyone got a company lease done through SMAS? If yes what insurance companies have they recommended taking insurance from and what's the cost?

I know some of my questions are very specific so even if you have an answer to anyone one of the questions please feel free to share. Thanks in advance.

The excitement is building up

Last edited by Mick_wanderer : 22nd September 2022 at 14:50.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:19   #7001

Question about accessories for XUV700. Asking for a friend who is buying the AX5 variant is getting delivered in the next week.

Is the Mahindra original foot step worth it for about 27k or we can get a good alternative option in aftermarket ?

Is there any recommended shops in Bangalore to fit accessories for ORVMs, foot step etc.

And what are the accessories which is suggested for AX5 variant ?
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:16   #7002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovenkat View Post
Question about accessories for XUV700. Asking for a friend who is buying the AX5 variant is getting delivered in the next week.

Is the Mahindra original foot step worth it for about 27k or we can get a good alternative option in aftermarket ?

Is there any recommended shops in Bangalore to fit accessories for ORVMs, foot step etc.

Per my research the Mahindra foot step is the best available today. Most after market ones compromise the GC more than the mahindra one and also are not as sleek. Value for money is subjective hence won't be able to comment there but I am personally going to buy the Mahindra one.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 05:02   #7003
BHPian

With Diesel Innova out of the market and Marrazzo not gaining much traction, its a right time to reintroduce the Hexa. A truly competent car let down by the manufacturer
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:50   #7004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovenkat View Post

The OEM footstep has been preferred by many customers over the out-market ones. The out-market ones fit lower (under the body) and compromises on the GC.

Accesories that can be considered from M&M :
Side foot step
Screen Guard
Mud Flaps
Illuminated Scuff Protector

Visit the M2all site to choose your list of accessories.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:50   #7005

Quote:

For petrol MT & AT owners, you guys need to get your steeds inspected for T-Block connector installations on the GVV vent pipes and canister. If missing, it will be done free of cost.
Got the T Block Connector prompt in the job card whilst generating for Apple Car Play update. Still at the workshop. Any idea how long the T Block Connector installation will take? And what is it addressing primarily?
rish_shish137 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks