Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 09:59   #7066
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
In my opinion, the NVH levels between 2nd and 3rd gear (automatic variant), are high.
This seems to be because, the automatic shift appears to have been programmed to travel till a higher rpm prior to shifting to 3rd gear. That higher RPM doesnt feel so comfortable on the ear.
Since the RPM is high, the NVH is also high (and so also the effect on the FE).
It does make the engine sound admirer a bit upset I feel.

I had mentioned this concern earlier on this thread; I also reported the late upshift issue, Alexa's belligerence, football in the boot and front suspension noise (at low speeds on speed breakers) to the Service Centre, who appear to have scant knowledge in this domain. Service Centre simply passed the buck saying we have escalated the issue to Mahindra and we will surely let you know when a resolution comes downwards.

These minor issues apart, the car is awesome!
My thoughts,
  • First of all, this is a Diesel mill, you can't compare the NVH to Petrol mills
  • I had a 5OO previously and this engine is "silent" when compared to that. Its one of the most silent diesel engines
  • I have mentioned it a few times on this thread, there is no late uphift issue. That's how TC gearboxes behave. Until lockup clutch engages, its fluid coupling and I think its fairly well masked in the 7OO as it has good amount of torque.
  • The other reason is how M&M tunes its gearboxes. Always for dirveability and power on tap, not for FE, Hence you won't find agggressive upshifts, it holds the gears a wee bit longer.
shrk_18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 11:49   #7067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik1289 View Post
Below are the new variants am seeing. Have sent a message to SA for inquiry on these.
I have booked an AX7 DSL AT Non Luxury. Now my tracking page shows the model as AX7 D C2. I hope they have not deleted any more features.
OHCVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 14:00   #7068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
XUV 700 page now shows three more variants on Mahindra.com variants web page apart from the regular variants, the are listed as follows
AX5 D AT C2
AX7 D AT C2
AX7 L D AT C2
What does C2 mean?
Learnt that C2 means - CAFE-2 (Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency) Regulations compliance. No other changes to the (current) feature set of the car.
haribalram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 14:58   #7069

Hi everybody. Greetings and wishes for good health.

It’s my first post on this forum in which I will briefly narrate my ownership experience of XUV700.

MODEL- XUV700 AX3 Petrol Manual Everest White (5 Seater), March 2022 Model

In fact, I had booked an AX5 Petrol Manual in October 2021 and my tentative delivery date was October 2022. Due to long waiting time, I started looking at alternatives like- Harrier, Hector, Compass.

To my surprise, I received a call from my Dealership in April 2022 that an AX3 Petrol Manual is readily available in their stockyard due to some cancellation. My mind said to skip this car and wait for my own booked AX5 variant. But heart didn’t listen to it. All the pros-cons of AX5 vs AX3, analysis of the niggles faced by some Team-BHP members and practical judgment was thrown out of the window and I said yes to the dealership, went straight for PDI, made the payment and XUV700 was in my garage in 1st week of April.

The Dealership team was polite and helpful. They didn’t force me to purchase the accessories from them. The car delivery experience was acceptably good. On the delivery day, we noticed a small grain like scratch on the front left fender of the car. We escalated the issue right to their GM. He offered us free of cost repaint of whole panel. We refused for repainting the whole panel for a small scratch. Then, they arranged the Everest white shade from their workshop and did a touch-up with that paint. They also offered us door rain wiser kit free of cost as a token of apology. We liked their gesture.

Now, the accessories added to my XUV-
  1. 17 Inches Alloys (04 Nos)- From Mahindra Dealership
  2. Side Foot steps- From Mahindra Dealership
  3. Osram H7 LEDs High & Low beam (04 Nos)- Amazon
  4. Rear camera- From Mahindra Dealership
  5. Door rain wiser- From Mahindra Dealership (free of cost)
  6. 3D Floor mats- From Mahindra Dealership
  7. Dash Cam 70mai - Amazon
  8. Digital wired tyre inflator- Amazon

Coming to Niggles that I faced-
1. Metal Thud noise from front of the car on small bumps/ potholes with speed <20 kmph. I have discussed this issue with both my dealer and service center. They inspected the car front part and re-torqued all the suspected nut/ bolts. However, issue is not resolved yet. Of late, most of the Scorpio-N owners are also reporting similar kind of kat-kat noise. I hope Mahindra quickly pulls out some solution for this issue.
2. The rear left side Damper of the suspension started leaking with oil stains in my garage. My car is only driven on highways. The service center quickly diagnosed it and it was replaced with a new damper at zero cost.
3. Co-driver side power window refused to roll up for 1 hour. Then, it started working on its own. It’s working fine till now. I will discuss it with MASS during next visit.
4. While installing the side foot step, the technician over torqued one bolt and broke its head. It took a tapping machine 02 hours to cut the old bolt body and make new threads. Finally, it was resolved.
5. After rain or car wash, when I move the car, the car takes effort to move. It moves after making 02 clicking sound from rear wheels as if the brake pads got stuck to the disc and then got released.
6. While braking at crawling speeds, the rear brakes make some noise that usually catches my attention.
7. Football in the boot is also heard only when the gasoline tank is full.

Everything aside, I love each and every second of driving this car. The sheer size of the car becomes invisible with its feather light steering. The front DRLs make sure that they catch eyeball of each and every person on the road. The mStallion turbo petrol is a silent beast. This aggressive beast wakes up with a tap on accelerator pedal without any need to downshift. On highways, I enjoy the look on creta/ seltos owners' face when they miserably try to match their speeds with XUV700 and get stunned by the XUV700’s acceleration even in triple digit speeds. Wheel spins happen even in 3rd gear. My city mileage is at 9-11 kmpl and highway at 13-14 kmpl.

I take pride in driving such a powerful & beautiful SUV every time when other persons look back at it. The XUV has finished 5000 km and I’m looking forward to lots of wonderful driving experience with this car.
Torque&Power is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 15:43   #7070
BHPian

Spotted this test mule of the XUV near Salem today. Couldn't get a good look at it as it was being driven at quite a brisk pace.Mahindra XUV700 Review-da1ff050235c4e17a3816aef66067688.jpg
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 18:19   #7071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Spotted this test mule of the XUV near Salem today. Couldn't get a good look at it as it was being driven at quite a brisk pace.Attachment 2363003
Is this the electric version?Any idea if logo was of copper colour?
Old 29th September 2022, 18:53   #7072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
Is this the electric version?Any idea if logo was of copper colour?
Don't think so. Badge was under the camouflage. It also had an exhaust tip. Doubt it was an EV mule.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 21:07   #7073
BHPian

Both my parking sensors went dead so visited the service center today. Unfortunately they were out of stock for my color and they have placed an order.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220927-10.01.15-pm.jpeg

While at service center, I received my 2nd key, pairing for the key was done. I can finally make use of the linking key to user profile/memory seats feature.

A good chunk of time was also spent on wheel alignment and trying to solve a left pull issue that I've been facing recurrently. It seems to be solved for now (just like before) but going to have to test it some more.

I asked the cotek there about CarPlay Apple Maps in instrument cluster feature and was surprised he did not know about it at all. I had to showcase to him the ridiculous workaround of first starting nav of built-in maps and then starting Apple Maps nav to get it to display in IC. He shot a video to send it to Mahindra and see what they have to say.

There was no turbocharger related recall for my May manufactured diesel AT. So it could be limited to prior or a specific lot.

I had to spend almost the entire day at the Thane service center cause of the crazy number of cars they receive. Mahindra really needs to offer a separate experience for their premium offerings or at least have strict measures in place to only see a certain number of vehicles per day and/or by appointment only.

The service personnel experience though is excellent, majorly because the SA assigned to me always makes sure to give me ample time and personally looks into getting the issues resolved.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 29th September 2022 at 21:18.
Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 21:26   #7074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque&Power View Post

Coming to Niggles that I faced-
1. Metal Thud noise from front of the car on small bumps/ potholes with speed <20 kmph. I have discussed this issue with both my dealer and service center. They inspected the car front part and re-torqued all the suspected nut/ bolts. However, issue is not resolved yet. Of late, most of the Scorpio-N owners are also reporting similar kind of kat-kat noise. I hope Mahindra quickly pulls out some solution for this issue.
3. Co-driver side power window refused to roll up for 1 hour. Then, it started working on its own. It’s working fine till now. I will discuss it with MASS during next visit.
5. After rain or car wash, when I move the car, the car takes effort to move. It moves after making 02 clicking sound from rear wheels as if the brake pads got stuck to the disc and then got released.
6. While braking at crawling speeds, the rear brakes make some noise that usually catches my attention.
7. Football in the boot is also heard only when the gasoline tank is full.
Hi, Congratulations on your New Ride, Welcome to the Club. I have a AX7L P, delivered in December 2021 and below are few comments/thoughts on the niggles you are facing

Pt#1: I am very surprised that this issue is still present in recently manufactures cars, as I expected Mahindra to have fixed it by now. I have done several rounds to service center, including a recent full link replacement and YES, the issue still is persisting, but the frequency is reduced. Hope Mahindra fixes it soon and does a recall for all existing car, instead of training their technicians to term it as "Operational Sound"
Pt#3: I think you will get used to these kind of things. Sometimes I really feel this car has AI (Artificial Intelligence) as many of such issues just get resolved by itself
Pt#5 & 6: This is common especially if you are using Auto Hold or Electronic Parking Brake. While the brake itself is excellent, we will get used to rumbling noise when taking it out at slow speed.
Pt#7: Fortunately, the service center acknowledge this as an issue, but I guess this may need a full fuel tank replacement and Mahindra may not be willing to invest on this. I just hope they fix it for new cars as it is not annoying and only happens when the fuel is at some level in the tank.

Happy Motoring, and I am sure, you will enjoy the driving pleasure of this Beast.
mahesh.alse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:06   #7075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The recall issued for the Turbocharger Actuator Link replacement is for all 7OO diesel MTs & ATs. It's issued for all new Thar diesels too.
This news has been floating all over the internet, perhaps after the first reveal on team bhp. But when I called Mahindra customer care, they denied any such recalls (to any Xuv700 model). I spoke with the service centre guys as well, even they don't have any idea.

How do we go about this?
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:31   #7076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
This news has been floating all over the internet, perhaps after the first reveal on team bhp. But when I called Mahindra customer care, they denied any such recalls (to any Xuv700 model). I spoke with the service centre guys as well, even they don't have any idea.

How do we go about this?
All ASCs know about this. If they say, they don't know, they are lying. People in Bangalore have got this done as well. However, this isn't for all vehicles. The blast radius at the moment looks limited. If there is a recall for your vehicle, you will get a call. Otherwise just relax and enjoy
shrk_18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 15:21   #7077
BHPian

So Here is the Update on the XUV 700 Apple car play,

I got the Update done about 10 days back, Right after update It worked fine, after 2 days My Infotainment screen stopped loading, after that it stopped coming on except for reverse camera, then that also stopped.

Kept using the car as I didn't have time to go to MASS . Then one day I noticed my both screens , that is the cluster and infotainment kept rebooting but even after reboot the Infotainment screen would not come on and the main screen will start HDC error!

The next morning I stared driving and everything started working fine on its own. However the apple carplay does not switch on flawlessly, I have the apple iphone 13 with latest OS, I need to go to settings and toggle Bluetooth everytime then it starts working, if not that then the car shows phone connected but refuses to show apple car play, And the earlier Bluetooth that was working fine also does not work! I regret updating the S/w for apple car play, My earlier S/w was stable for 6-7 months .

Mahindra has a long way to go before they sort out these S/w Niggles in the infotainment. 1 year to get carplay to work after product release is just not good!

Besides this my Kat Kat sound from front suspension continues to come, after repeated visits to MASS. I saw a petition online where some XUV 700 owners are going to court with this suspension issue, I guess I have to sign up on that . Its been almost a year , Dec 22 My 700 will complete one year of ownership and still Mahindra has not sorted issues I had from day 1!
Shai100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 16:05   #7078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post

Perhaps, there is already something going on this direction that I may be unaware.
CarPlay 2. It talks to CANBUS and can replace your entire instrument cluster. iOS is very well supported and superior to what the manufacturers can put up. But why would anyone buy an iPhone just to plug it into a car. I hope Apple can license something to manufacturers so that we get the experience without plugging in an iPhone all the time.

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ -- Scroll down to Next generation of CarPlay.

Personally, I prefer the currently proven analog system any day.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 22:51   #7079

Hello All,

Thanks to all members for posting lot of helpful information about XUV700.

Curious to learn about experiences regarding the Extended Warranty. Its an important line item on the quote from the dealer. Have read post on this thread about few of the members experiencing delays from dealer in 'punching-in' the extended warranty for up to 60 days from date of delivery.

Has any one tried/ explored the option of buying the extended warranty directly from Mahindra - 'With You Hamesha' site? https://www.withyouhamesha.com/shield.aspx

Would appreciate thoughts/ experiences. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st October 2022, 02:06   #7080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabravo View Post
Has any one tried/ explored the option of buying the extended warranty directly from Mahindra - 'With You Hamesha' site? https://www.withyouhamesha.com/shield.aspx
When you buy directly via WithYouHamesha, the warranty gets activated instantly and same is reflected in the app.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks