Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2022, 11:55   #7126
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Has anyone tried ant-glare/blue coated IRVM that can clip on the existing mirror? With white interiors reflecting on the mirror and having to also adjust the mirror angle apart from flipping the night-view lever, XUV700's IRVM is pretty much useless at night! I am considering to buy this but wanted to check if anyone has any advice about this.
Old 9th October 2022, 13:09   #7127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
I inferred from ther other user posts that the issue was because of the fuel splashing around in the empty space and one has to live with it?
Have you tried filling up the fuel tank and observed whether the sound diminishes/vanishes? Though it is not a solution in any sense, it could at least validate the theory.

PS: I have also booked the AX7 AWD D AT recently and settling in for the looonnggg wait.
Filling up my tank reduces the static/up-down thud noise and this varies as per fuel level. The rolling thud is pretty consistent across fuel levels and in slower speeds and I firmly believe that it is from the suspension, brake or some other part and not the fuel splashing. I get exactly one thud everytime I take my car out of my basement and when the rear hits the road after the ramp.
Old 9th October 2022, 15:48   #7128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Anant cars

The spare you get is a donut in XUV with steel rim - I was initially planning on replacing this with a full size alloy and a tire (same make as my other 4) along with tpms but instead I used that money to upgrade my 4 MRF tires to Michelin and retained the company provided donut spare.
Thanks for answering, Sandegov

I didn't quite understand the tyre story though - is it price that made you abandon the spare wheel upgrade to full size (if yes, what where you quoted)?
I mean, changing tyres and changing the spare wheel are independent things, right? So I'm curious why you abandoned the spare wheel upgrade (if I stick with the XUV 700, its amongst the first things I expect to want to upgrade)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Has anyone tried ant-glare/blue coated IRVM that can clip on the existing mirror? With white interiors reflecting on the mirror and having to also adjust the mirror angle apart from flipping the night-view lever, XUV700's IRVM is pretty much useless at night! I am considering to buy this but wanted to check if anyone has any advice about this.
While its much more expensive than what you seem to have in mind, I can highly recommend the Wolfbox G900 IRVM mounted dashcam for use as a replacement the regular/manual IRVM. See my comment a few posts above this for more.
Old 9th October 2022, 16:03   #7129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
I can highly recommend the Wolfbox G900 IRVM mounted dashcam for use as a replacement the regular/manual IRVM.
In fact reading your post rekindled my search. While it looked great, I wanted to keep it simple. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 9th October 2022, 21:29   #7130
BHPian

Asking for a friend.

He booked an XUV700 several months back and paid the booking amount. The dealership agreed that the price of the SUV will be locked as on the day of the booking irrespective of whenever he makes the final purchase of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is the same model and color.

Due to some personal reasons, he was not able to make the final purchase immediately after the booking, and dealer re-assured that the price protection will be applicable even if one takes delivery later. After couple of months now, he is ready to purchase the car however dealership is now saying that the introductory price at which he booked the car cannot be considered and updated price which is around 1.6 lakhs more than initial one will be charged. Also, the exact price of the car cannot be ascertained unless the vehicle is invoiced which means he has to make a good chunk of payment and purchase the car to know the final price.

Please let me know if anyone face the similar situation as it will be of great help.

Last edited by pta320 : 9th October 2022 at 21:39.
Old 10th October 2022, 13:09   #7131
BHPian

I dont think the dealer can assure price protection. That would come from the company and based on allotment number.

It must have been an enthusiastic sales guy who got misled??. Once you decline a delivery, you are out of the queue and any other benefits you had go away with it is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pta320 View Post
Asking for a friend.

He booked an XUV700 several months back and paid the booking amount. The dealership agreed that the price of the SUV will be locked as on the day of the booking irrespective of whenever he makes the final purchase of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is the same model and color.

Due to some personal reasons, he was not able to make the final purchase immediately after the booking, and dealer re-assured that the price protection will be applicable even if one takes delivery later. After couple of months now, he is ready to purchase the car however dealership is now saying that the introductory price at which he booked the car cannot be considered and updated price which is around 1.6 lakhs more than initial one will be charged. Also, the exact price of the car cannot be ascertained unless the vehicle is invoiced which means he has to make a good chunk of payment and purchase the car to know the final price.

Please let me know if anyone face the similar situation as it will be of great help.
originalamit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 14:48   #7132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pta320 View Post
Asking for a friend.

Price protection was launched by the company for booking made when XUV7OO was launched. One would have received official email from M&M if the booking was under price protection. Only then the offer was applicable otherwise it is considered regular booking and price at the time of delivery (invoicing) is applicable.
Check with your friend whether he received any official email about price protection.

Secondly, if someone rejects the allotment, most likely the price protection is withdrawn. This is what would have happened to your friend's booking even if it was under price protection.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th October 2022 at 14:50.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 19:56   #7133

Apple CarPlay users: It's very much possible to extend the Apple Maps to the driver side instrument cluster screen.

The steps are as follows:
  1. Open the inbuilt car Navigation maps from the middle screen, enter any random destination and then, start the navigation.
  2. Open the navigation on the driver side screen and enter full screen view. Do this after the step 1.
  3. Open the Apple maps app through CarPlay in the middle screen.
  4. Enter the Actual destination and start the navigation in the middle screen.
  5. Eventually, the driver side instrument cluster screen will be showing the feed from Apple CarPlay .

Note:
  1. In my honest opinion, its more of a Jugaad . Mahindra ought to simplify the procedure.
  2. Prima facie, it works only with Apple Maps. Not for Google Maps .
  3. A watermark of "Please check Navigation App" will be constantly visible in the middle of the driver side screen.
  4. I am sharing the YouTube video which elaborates the same.
Thank you!
Torque&Power is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 20:42   #7134
BHPian

Did anyone here got an invite to participate in Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey?

I got a call from Mahindra team 10days ago and then an agency met me for 3hrs. The agency team did a detailed feedback session which included the below.

>Profiling
>Option shortlisting process
>Decision making process
>Likes, dislikes and what can improve
>Test ride
>Reasons for cancellation of XUV7OO and why I chose Scorpio N

It was a very detailed session ranging from design elements, features, what works and what doesn't. The agency was Ipsos. The agency avoided people of automobile and media companies. I understood that they have shortlisted ~30 people from 3 metros (Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore) for this survey.

Going by this exercise, I believe Mahindra has started going back to drawing board to work on the facelift - I would give it ~2years for the facelift to appear on our roads. I tried probing but the agency has no details on this one.
atluri_rkc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 22:35   #7135
BHPian

Since past few days have been facing lots of issues with my XUV 700 AX7 D. I have now started doubting my decision to purchase this car.

Some time back I read some posts and saw videos about few YouTubers selling their cars due to niggles and I thought they were trying to make an issue out of nothing significant but now I think they were not entirely wrong.

Since past few weeks I am forced to visit Mahindra service centre for some or other issue. The overall ownership experience has been far from what one would expect. Mahindra has a very very long way to go when it comes to making a niggle free vehicle. After what I have been experiencing, I would think twice before taking my vehicle on a long trip.

The issue started with Thudding and Kat Kat noise from front suspensions. I have also posted a video showing exact scenarios under which the noise use to come. As a resolution to the said issue, I was told to get my vehicle to the service centre for Suspension head mount replacement. When I gave my vehicle for replacement, few other service actions were shown by the Mahindra system which included Software update.

During the software update, it bricked the DATC ECU which handles the entire Automatic Climate Control. Only option was to replace the DATC ECU. This is a small black box which sits behind the climate control unit. The car was kept for a week at the service centre for the part to arrive. While replacing the ECU, the technician damaged the Silver trim on the dashboard and also damaged the centre console.

After taking the delivery of the vehicle, when I checked for the functioning of the AC unit, I noticed that the air flow was coming from the vents near the windshield and the flow was not getting diverted from the front vents. The AC controls were not working. It was then identified that the AC vent actuator motor had some issue and had to be replaced. I had to wait for a week for the replacement motor to arrive and it took 2 days for the service centre to replace the motor and get the AC fixed.

Along with the above issues, the car had also developed issues with the left side latch assembly where the front left door outside handle was getting stuck mid way and the rear left door was getting stuck when trying to open from inside. Reported this issue while getting the AC actuator replaced and the latch assembly was replaced under warranty.

Finally got the vehicle with AC working as expected on 27th September.

Used the car for couple of days and then has to travel to Ahmedabad for a week. Thought of travelling by my Dad's Honda City. XUV was not used for a week. To my shock, when I started the car on 08th October I saw one of the scariest warning on the console.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-engine-check-error-08th-october.jpeg

I immediately informed the COTEK and CSM. I was asked to get the car to the service centre for scanning. After checking the error codes, they felt it could be a weak battery as the car was not used for a week. There was no starting issue with the car but the system was showing couple of error codes around drop in voltage, LIN sensor error for dry lines going to DEF, and couple of codes for ADAS.

Suspecting the battery issue, I was asked to get the battery checked for issues with Charging, holding the charge and Gravity. Got it checked the next day with Amaron dealer near my residence. As per the battery guy, there was no issue with the battery or the alternator.

I was able to replicate the Check Engine light issue by stopping the engine by pressing the Engine On/Off button and then immediately pressing the Engine On/Off button again to bring the car to standby mode.

While the battery guy was checking the battery, I suddenly noticed that Engine Coolant was below minimum mark in the reservoir. The car was not showing any extreme temperature warning though.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-very-low-coolant-.jpeg

I immediately rushed to the service centre on 09th October and brought this to the notice. There is no apparent leak from any of the hose or from the reservoir. We filled the reservoir with Coolant and took the vehicle for a test ride. Apparently, the Check Engine light issue seem to have got resolved and I was not able to replicate it after filling the coolant. I am not sure if there is any link between low coolant and Check Engine System warning.

I was asked to drive the vehicle for a day and check if the coolant quantity is getting low. I had quite a bit of city driving today. When I checked the coolant quantity today morning, it had reduced slightly from what we had filled yesterday. We had fixed a piece of tape to mark the level of coolant in the reservoir as it was slightly off from the Max quantity mark.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-coolant-quantity-10th-morning.jpeg

Though it was slightly lower than the MAX mark, I took a change and took the car to work. Did around 50 kilometres with crazy bumper to bumper traffic on JVLR and Ladakh like ride through the Aarey milk colony (Bhpians from Mumbai would know what I mean). As expected, the coolant was just under the MIN mark when I was back home by evening.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221010_165712.jpg

Tried to search for the leak and finally found a big wet patch on the under body cover. I am not sure if this patch is due to coolant leakage as it is below the engine and I am not able to see any visible pink coloured liquid. All I see is a big patch which looks fresh. It is slight greasy to touch and does not show any pink liquid. Could this be due to oil change which was done during the first service few months back?

Where would be the leakage from if this patch is due to coolant?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221010_170545.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221010_171214.jpg

Another thing to note is that the Check Engine System alert again started appearing when I tried doing the quick Stop Start sequence.

Have been asked to get the car to the service centre again tomorrow for fixing the above issues.

This entire episode has left a bad taste about the entire ownership experience with this car. This shows that companies are using customers as guineapigs and testing their half baked products at the cost of the customer.

Visiting the workshop has become my weekly routine.

I have also escalated this matter to Mr. Anand Mahindra using his official email address but have not received any response from him or any of the senior management guys at Mahindra.

I am pretty sure, these generic CMD email IDs are handled by some escalation teams and the head of the organization would have no idea about what is happening in reality.

Does any one know anybody in the senior management who can help me with these issues? It would be a great help if any of the form member could help me with contact details of some senior management team members at Mahindra.

Mods: Please excuse me for low quality photos as I had no other option but to click them using my mobile camera.
bill1182 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 22:53   #7136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Hi, I'm using this in my XUV, and can tell you, its fabulous for the price. gets the purpose solved.
shiven2207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 00:27   #7137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I have now started doubting my decision to purchase this car.
I completely resonate with your frustration and experience. I'm in the same boat. Sending my vehicle once again for a 3-day deep check (that's what they want to do now) and for them to figure out the issues and fix them.

Service center people are also clueless and told me, they'll be giving remote access to the plant folks for them to debug and give a solution.

I was supposed to drop off the vehicle today (on Monday) but the manager said they're full with XUV700s to update/apply fixes for the recalls and even confirmed a few other vehicles having exact issues like mine and told me they're replacing the silver box itself and may have to do the same with my vehicle too.

This is my 6th visit in a span of 3 months, 4 attempts have already been made to fix the blank screen issue and this is still reoccurring in addition to a bunch of other problems

I highly doubt we would be able to keep this vehicle for any time long.

Last edited by Smartomotive : 11th October 2022 at 00:28. Reason: Grammer
Smartomotive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 00:29   #7138
BHPian

Didn't drive my car for 2 weeks - battery drained completely. Couldn't even open the doors. Mahindra RSA was super good and reached me within 45 mins. Used a spare battery to switch on the car and the I let it idle for an hour to charge the battery.
Is such a high battery drain normal ?

Any way to switch off the connected car features manually if the car is parked for a few weeks in a secure garage ? Any hidden settings ? Also, is it possible to monitor the battery voltage through some hidden page in adrenox ?

I shared my feedback with the Mahindra ASM so he could pass it on to the adrenox product manager. Disable ALL adrenox functionality ( gps / connected car features etc ) if the engine is switched off and battery voltage drops below a certain level such as 12.2-4V. This will atleast preserve enough charge to start the car even weeks after the adrenox features have drained the battery. Will also prevent damage to the battery due to repeat deep discharge caused by adrenox. Hope someone in Mahindra actually implements this
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 10:50   #7139
BHPian

I just got delivered my XUV 700 AX7 L DAT some 20 days back.

The car had done around 1700 kms till yesterday and was running flawlessly. Yesterday I took it for a 700 kms highway run and car was munching miles like no ones business.

But between 125-140 kmph, there is a strange vibration coming up. It is not strong like a shake, but is not too small to ignore, infact the co passenger also was able to feel that. This car was doing city runs only till date and this i the first time it was taken to that speeds. I couldn't make out if it is because of an alignment issue or something else as it was held in that speeds for very short duration.

Any thing to be checked specifically or any pointers ?
Old 11th October 2022, 11:24   #7140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Price protection was launched by the company for booking made when XUV7OO was launched. One would have received official email from M&M if the booking was under price protection. Only then the offer was applicable otherwise it is considered regular booking and price at the time of delivery (invoicing) is applicable.
Check with your friend whether he received any official email about price protection.

Secondly, if someone rejects the allotment, most likely the price protection is withdrawn. This is what would have happened to your friend's booking even if it was under price protection.
I checked with my friend regarding this, he did receive an email from Mahindra regarding the price protection.

Other than that, he did not cancel the booking, just asked them that he will take delivery after some time. There is no email or anything regarding cancellation of delivery from my friend's end. Neither is there any email or communication from the dealer ship regarding that allotment has been rejected or anything.

The dealer just told him that whenever he takes the delivery, the price protection will be applicable. But now dealer is not giving the same.

So if anyone did face a similar situation, just let me know maybe it will clear a few things.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks