Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 07:49   #7216
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

My car did 9364 km and DEF level shows 35% left. I thought to top it up during 10k service.

- is this normal? Can i wait till 10k service Or

- is the DEF level sensor not working ? Should i top it up immediately?
telugite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 09:59   #7217
BHPian

I had booked AX7 AWD on September 7th '22 and my dealer says that they are lagging booking to delivery by roughly 8 months, though my current delivery dates are slated as Dec '23.

I wouldn't have any option other than to cancel if it lands on April/May '23 as I dont want to be in the initial lot of buyers who get the engines modified for BS6 - stage II compliance and the customary set of new issues that it entails.

Can we postpone the allotment without loosing seniority or if we postpone, would it be appended to the end of the queue? Does anyone have experience postponing XUV700 delivery dates successfully?
careind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 11:05   #7218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
May be the post from abirnale can help you here to get the hood aligned properly.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5358883

Hope this helps!
Hey, thanks! However, we had tried this at the service yard on that day itself. The panels don't line up even when the two bushes are aligned similarly. On almost all the 700s that we saw there, the two bushes were at different lengths. Strange. Hope all this beta testing by the first lot buyers would benefit those who wait later on.
evilmessiah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 09:51   #7219

Hi all, I have recently took delivery of the XUV7OO AX7 D and drove 2500kms till now for which I'll be posting my review soon. I see that many people are facing blank screen problem which even I have faced twice till now. The quick fix that worked for me was turning on the hazard lights thar somehow booted the screen back on. So anyone facing the blank screen problem can try turning on the hazard lights and check if the screen is turning back on fir you. It might take 3-5 seconds after switching on the lights for the screen to boot.
kika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 23:26   #7220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post

I can highly recommend the Wolfbox G900 IRVM mounted dashcam for use as a replacement the regular/manual IRVM. See my comment a few posts above this for more.
Hi, I recently got the wolfbox g900 installed and hardwired and its working great. However am unable to change the System time. I tried changing it manually from the timezone option, but still no luck. Can you throw some light if and how you got it right
Old 26th October 2022, 08:19   #7221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post

Also, does anyone know whether the tyres that are fitted from the factory are randomly selected between the Bridgestone Ecopia and MRF Wanderer or are they variant-specific(I mean for the same wheel size, of course)?
I'd much prefer the Bridgestones, but it's not like I have a choice. Just curious.
I have the same question, having used Bridgestone before and liked it want to know how they allocate tyres. Never used MRF, except for bikes. Let me know what tyres you got and if you get any info on how tyres are allotted.
Old 26th October 2022, 10:45   #7222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, does anyone know whether the tyres that are fitted from the factory are randomly selected between the Bridgestone Ecopia and MRF Wanderer or are they variant-specific(I mean for the same wheel size, of course)?
I'd much prefer the Bridgestones, but it's not like I have a choice. Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Nittor View Post
I have the same question, having used Bridgestone before and liked it want to know how they allocate tyres. Never used MRF, except for bikes. Let me know what tyres you got and if you get any info on how tyres are allotted.
No, you do not have an option of choosing the rubber for your car. Nonetheless, instances have been reported where some dealers have swapped the tyres.

Presently, the L and AWD variants are coming with the Bridgestone Ecopia while the other variants are fitted with MRF/ Appolo. As per market rating there is not much difference between the Bridgestone and MRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
My car did 9364 km and DEF level shows 35% left. I thought to top it up during 10k service.

- is this normal? Can i wait till 10k service Or

- is the DEF level sensor not working ? Should i top it up immediately?
DEF consumption is highly dependent on driving conditions/pattern and it may be necessary to refill the DEF reservoir in-between the scheduled service if need be. When DEF level in the tank falls below pre-defined values, warnings are flashed in stages and error code E-31 to 35 will be displayed in the MID.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 14:35   #7223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
No, you do not have an option of choosing the rubber for your car. Nonetheless, instances have been reported where some dealers have swapped the tyres.

Presently, the L and AWD variants are coming with the Bridgestone Ecopia while the other variants are fitted with MRF/ Appolo. As per market rating there is not much difference between the Bridgestone and MRF.
Yes, I got my car last week (AX7 L D AT) with Bridgestone tyres.

Also i noticed a loud screeching noise from the brakes is it normal?
Sabharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 15:32   #7224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabharish77 View Post
Yes, I got my car last week (AX7 L D AT) with Bridgestone tyres.

It happens in the Xuv 700 when applying brakes at very slow speed.

But I did not face this issue with my earlier car, which also had disc brakes. Normally this type of noise would only happen if there is rust in your rotors maybe after crossing a water body or in the rains.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 16:55   #7225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun_fun View Post
Congratulations.. Finally your wait is about to be over..
May I ask you:
1. When did you book the car?
2. How much time does it normally take to move from "Order under planning" gradually upto "Vehicle in transit"? While it might vary for everyone based on individual location, however would be great to know about the experience.
Thanks in advance.
I booked it in November last year.

Like you rightly said, the status changes from person to person. For me it took almost 3 months to change from Under planning to in transit but I know for many of them this wait time was less. My delivery dates also kept changing frequently. Frankly speaking no one was able to help me with any realistic updates on my vehicle, it just kept moving and I kept patiently waiting.

As a quick update my SA called and the vehicle has started from the plant. Should be coming anytime soon
Mjbharat4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 19:17   #7226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabharish77 View Post

It is quite common, however it does go away after some time and after regular usage. Not sure whats the exact reason, there are multiple thoughts some say due to disc wiping, due to wet weather, due to rust on the discs or a multitude of all the above. In my experience I have had noticed this issue with one of my friend's Harrier 1st gen.
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 15:09   #7227
BHPian

So we took two cars last weekend to the nearby forest area with typical old school narrow broken jungle patches.

Cars- XUV700 and our Innova 2.4 Z

Though my relative's XUV fared well in terms of power and refinement.

Innova scored far and I mean by a big margin better in terms of ride quality and comfort. Not only the Innova felt at home at those undulated roads, it felt more confident doing good speeds on such roads.

There was certain dizziness after sitting in the XUV but not in the Innova.

I was planning to sell the Innova for the XUV but not anymore.

Cancelling my booking.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 18:57   #7228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
I was planning to sell the Innova for the XUV but not anymore.

Cancelling my booking.
The XUV suspension does have some issues with low speed ride on moderate undulations, however the dizziness vis-à-vis the Innova is a bit of a surprise. Though different, in city conditions, I found their ride comparable.

Before cancelling the booking, please consider:
  • Tyre pressure. it can make an immense difference to ride quality and vehicle dynamics and feel; more so in some cars than others.
  • Cars we are famailar with, or cars similar to that, have an advantage in being perceived as being better. Since we are intuitively aligned with the experience, we tend to drive them in a more suitable manner and experience them as being better. The shortfalls of those are also something our bodies have adapted to - our bodies appear to have ways to reduce the effect of unpleasantness when exposed to it more, and this would hold on many fronts - ride, NVH, seat ergonomics etc.
  • One of the pitfalls of test drives, and other drives of a similar nature, is that we have little time to adapt to the nuances of the new vehicle.
  • Vehicles are generally better at different things, and one needs to see what aligns with what is suitable with one's typical and important use-type.
  • The above said, it might be worthwhile taking a long test drive, with due tyre pressure checks, in the environment one would do most of one's driving in or on one which is similar to that. Minor adjustment for the weight in the vehicle also wouldn't be a bad idea (1-2psi), as would taking into account if the tyre pressure is being checked when the tyre is warm or cold.

When warm with a short city drive, I typically add ~2psi to the recommended cold pressure.

All the best for having a suitable vehicle, mate.
Poitive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 21:20   #7229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Innova scored far and I mean by a big margin better in terms of ride quality and comfort. Not only the Innova felt at home at those undulated roads, it felt more confident doing good speeds on such roads.
On a road like this an Innova will feel plusher and more confident than even a BMW, but that is expected. Infact Innova will ride better than even a Thar or a Scorpio or even a fortuner.

But you can always drive a bit slowly and carefully not to upset the passengers, wait for the road to get better and just fly away. All vehicles are not built like an Innova because well apparently not everyone wants an Innova.
Kosfactor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 00:15   #7230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
I booked it in November last year.

As a quick update my SA called and the vehicle has started from the plant. Should be coming anytime soon
Quote:
The VIN indicates that the car was manufactured in the month of September. :/
I checked out my car this evening. September manufacture too. They said my car arrived a few days ago, but it seems like its been in the open for very long because of the dust and all. I missed a few basic checks in my excitement and burden of paper work (didn't check odo, etc. Chose to trust the SA when he said alls good). Fingers crossed for delivery!
KageSama is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks