Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 09:28   #7231
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
I checked out my car this evening. September manufacture too. They said my car arrived a few days ago, but it seems like its been in the open for very long because of the dust and all. I missed a few basic checks in my excitement and burden of paper work (didn't check odo, etc. Chose to trust the SA when he said alls good). Fingers crossed for delivery!
My vehicle has finally arrived and I did a PDI yesterday. It's a October manufactured one. Taking the delivery today.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 09:32   #7232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
My vehicle has finally arrived and I did a PDI yesterday. It's a October manufactured one. Taking the delivery today.
All the best for your new ride.Since it's October manufactured vehicle, hope that all the mechanical niggles and software glitches have been sorted out by mahindra
Timeline 1967 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 11:41   #7233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi, I recently got the wolfbox g900 installed and hardwired and its working great. However am unable to change the System time. I tried changing it manually from the timezone option, but still no luck. Can you throw some light if and how you got it right
Can you clarify what you mean by unable to change system time?

IIRC, I see 3 settings-tiles that are time related:
1. One to change the date/time
2. To change time format (12 vs 24 hrs)
3. Enable/disable time on the homescreen

Point 1 is where I changed the system time and it stays correct even after I switch off the car (and disconnect the 12v plug - sometimes for more than 1 day at a time)
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 23:46   #7234
BHPian

I have installed fog lamps at the onset of winter foggy season in North India.It enhances the front facia looks of my MX model and must have for safety.pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221028_234341.jpg  

Gaddibuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 09:15   #7235

Quick question - Are those who bought the XUV 700 AX7L about 4 to 6 months ago getting sequential tail light and second key as that's the promised timeline in the signed doc.

I heard some of the recent buyers got the second key during the purchase itself while reports on the tail light aren't that encouraging.
irfi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 10:39   #7236

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfi05 View Post
Quick question - Are those who bought the XUV 700 AX7L about 4 to 6 months ago getting sequential tail light and second key as that's the promised timeline in the signed doc.

I heard some of the recent buyers got the second key during the purchase itself while reports on the tail light aren't that encouraging.
I received both the keys at the time of delivery. I was assured of rear sequential indicators but I wasn't given a timeline.

I'm not sure whether(/when) they would to provide it.
Old 29th October 2022, 14:36   #7237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfi05 View Post

Customers who took delivery in April & May have been handed over the second key fob, at my location. Yes, the present lot is coming with both the key fobs.

But there is no news about the rear sequential lights.
Old 29th October 2022, 18:17   #7238
BHPian

Got the 10k service done today @9240km. Car has performed well over the past 6 months except for the battery drain. Cost of consumables is reasonable relative to the cost of the vehicle. Dealership staff was very helpful as well. The only "issue", if you can call it that, is that the brake pads had completely worn out with such low usage thanks to ADAS. Hope Mahindra is able to get brake pads from some other vendor that last a bit longer than the ones being used right now. The other issue is the delayed apple car play. I was told that the car play update has been recalled due to crashes / blank screen etc.
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 18:39   #7239
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Got the 10k service done today @9240km. Car has performed well over the past 6 months except for the battery drain. Cost of consumables is reasonable relative to the cost of the vehicle. Dealership staff was very helpful as well. The only "issue", if you can call it that, is that the brake pads had completely worn out with such low usage thanks to ADAS. Hope Mahindra is able to get brake pads from some other vendor that last a bit longer than the ones being used right now. The other issue is the delayed apple car play. I was told that the car play update has been recalled due to crashes / blank screen etc.
Brake pad wear out appears to be a common issue in all automatic Safari, Harrier, and XUV models. I think they are using the same brake pad or disc diameter for both manual and automatic, which shouldn't be the case. Any pointers on how much the brake pads last in MT XUVs or in other SUVs for that matter?
sbm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 19:33   #7240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
The XUV suspension does have some issues with low speed ride on moderate undulations, however the dizziness vis-à-vis the Innova is a bit of a surprise. Though different, in city conditions, I found their ride comparable.

Before cancelling the booking, please consider:
  • Tyre pressure. it can make an immense difference to ride quality and vehicle dynamics and feel; more so in some cars than others.
  • Cars we are famailar with, or cars similar to that, have an advantage in being perceived as being better. Since we are intuitively aligned with the experience, we tend to drive them in a more suitable manner and experience them as being better. The shortfalls of those are also something our bodies have adapted to - our bodies appear to have ways to reduce the effect of unpleasantness when exposed to it more, and this would hold on many fronts - ride, NVH, seat ergonomics etc.
  • One of the pitfalls of test drives, and other drives of a similar nature, is that we have little time to adapt to the nuances of the new vehicle.
  • Vehicles are generally better at different things, and one needs to see what aligns with what is suitable with one's typical and important use-type.
  • The above said, it might be worthwhile taking a long test drive, with due tyre pressure checks, in the environment one would do most of one's driving in or on one which is similar to that. Minor adjustment for the weight in the vehicle also wouldn't be a bad idea (1-2psi), as would taking into account if the tyre pressure is being checked when the tyre is warm or cold.

When warm with a short city drive, I typically add ~2psi to the recommended cold pressure.

All the best for having a suitable vehicle, mate.
I was impressed the first time when I drove during the test drive.

However, I find the vehicle lacking a bit in terms of engineering depth. No offense to anyone I myself drive the XUV 300 but 700 is still a bit behind (not too far) from brands like say Toyota.

Also, the launch of the Innova Hycross is scheduled for coming year.

I would rather wait for the all new Innova Hycross petrol hybrid.

I am spoilt by Innova I guess, the only thing that can replace is another Innova. Lets see how the Hycross turns out.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 19:51   #7241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Brake pad wear out appears to be a common issue in all automatic Safari, Harrier, and XUV models. I think they are using the same brake pad or disc diameter for both manual and automatic, which shouldn't be the case. Any pointers on how much the brake pads last in MT XUVs or in other SUVs for that matter?
Innova AT pads last for ~30k compared to the 10k in the XUV. Seems that the pad material is not as good as the one used by Toyota. Another thing I noticed is the excessive brake dust
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 22:58   #7242
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Can I ask which dealer have you taken it from in Hyd? I am also in hyd and waiting

Cheers,
Vins
Old 30th October 2022, 10:16   #7243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
My car did 9364 km and DEF level shows 35% left. I thought to top it up during 10k service.
"DEF consumption will be approximately 2% of the diesel fuel consumed. Another way to consider it is that DEF will be consumed on a 50 to 1 ratio with diesel."

This calculation made sense.
Old 30th October 2022, 11:27   #7244

Totally agree with your review comments. The creeking sound is so annoying. Mahindra's staff alsways behaves as someone whose next few years's sales target is already done and now they don't worry about anything. My only worry is, till the time car is running well, it is all okay, the day I face any issues, I am going to have tough time dealing with Mahindra's staff. They are very unresponsive, don't know things most of the times.

Quote:
Congratulations !! That was really quick. Which showroom in Hyderabad did you book?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
Yesterday during a 3 kilometres drive to reach the house the blank screen happened 5 times. It comes after a ding sort of notification sound and immediately both screens goes blank and and it take 5 seconds to return to normalcy. When it comes back the instrument cluster always stays at Drive Info, wherein I always keep the instrument cluster option with fuel info.

This issue I have noticed occasionally (May be two or three times every month) when the car is in switched off condition and having seated in the car or during unlocking the car and opening the boot when suddenly some thud sounds starts in the speakers and stops in less than 10 seconds. When I switch the ignition again the cluster will show drive info instead of my normal setting of fuel info and the fuel statistics also gets reset. Have reported this case already to service center folks and the answer I got was should be some OTA updates.

The more serious issue of blank screen during driving which occurred 5 times yesterday is after the CarPlay update which was done on 28 September. When this happened I was in calls and the person at the other end said he can hear some bursting crackers sort of sounds (loud thuds).

Now coming to CarPlay itself, it’s nothing short of a dismal update. Issues faced so far has been listed below

1. Disconnects often
2. Screen becomes unresponsive. You touch any button it’s dead.
3. Disconnection happens both in wired and wireless mode. Please note I use the original Apple charging cable only.
4. Songs cracking up while playing and it resumes normally after an eternity.
5. Frequent popping up of “error establishing connection with CarPlay” message.

Other issues faced so far in 10 months of ownership.
1. Day 1 after taking delivery both the screens went blank and got fixed on its own.
2. Adrenox started to slowdown 6 months into ownership , even a command like pressing phone button in steering wheel the called list will display after 40 seconds. Reported this to service center and as usual they brushed it off by saying it requires a software update. After the update matters worsened. Can’t even explain the mess after that software update such was the connectivity issues.
3. Football in the boot from 2 months into ownership.
4. Creaking noise from break discs /pad while moving from standstill. Mine is an Automatic variant and service folks said all automatic vehicles are like this. Though I know it’s not the case I didn’t want to pursue this further as there is no point in talking to them.
5. The biggest of the issue is the service center staff and their attitude. They are very unresponsive and knows zilch about this vehicle. I have had so poor customer service from AMPL Guindy, Chennai and have moved with Zulaikha. At least they are responsive so far. Gave them the vehicle for 2nd service at 10k kilometres and CarPlay was updated by them.

Things which I am happy about.
1. Everything apart from those two screens on the dashboard.

My vehicle is AX5 D AT and has done 11.3k kilometres.

Way forward - Keeping fingers crossed and expecting Mahindra to give a robust fix to these issues. If Mahindra doesn’t give fix to the issues the thought of moving to another vehicle is going to grow on me. I am getting into mid 40s and have put my hard earned money of 2.1 million rupees into this. At this stage of my life would I want to do that? Well we’ll see what future holds.
Old 30th October 2022, 11:57   #7245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
All the best for your new ride.Since it's October manufactured vehicle, hope that all the mechanical niggles and software glitches have been sorted out by mahindra
Thank you!! So far so good..Yet to get the latest software update, planning to get it done soon. But apart from that the vehicle is amazing.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed