Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 00:10   #7246
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfi05 View Post
Quick question - Are those who bought the XUV 700 AX7L about 4 to 6 months ago getting sequential tail light and second key as that's the promised timeline in the signed doc.

I heard some of the recent buyers got the second key during the purchase itself while reports on the tail light aren't that encouraging.
I got my XUV700 delivered on the 19th of Oct and got 2 keys. The sequential indicators would be added at a later late is what the dealership shared. Whether that happens or not is anybody's guess.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 17:05   #7247
BHPian

Hi All - I have finally taken the delivery of my beast last Friday. The long wait for a year has finally come to an end. Looking forward to driving it extensively soon. The delivery day happened to be chaotic as there were lots of deliveries happening that day, nevertheless my SA made sure things are properly taken care off with my vehicle. Engine and power is excellent. Just wanted to highlight few things about my delivery experience and want to understand the opinion from this group.

1) Everytime I start the vehicle, the music starts to play. I am sure the latest software is not updated in my machine as it still says "coming soon" for Apple car play. Android Auto works like a charm though.

2) I have been asking my SA to activate the Adrenox app but he says the invoice is not yet received and they cannot activate it yet. Is this true? When does the adrenox get activated ideally for you?

3) Badly missing a light for the third row. My parking is not that well-lit and if I have to carry any shopping bags, I am having to use a torch light. Any suggestions on good battery lights which can be just stuck behind?
Mjbharat4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 17:33   #7248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post

1) Everytime I start the vehicle, the music starts to play. I am sure the latest software is not updated in my machine as it still says "coming soon" for Apple car play. Android Auto works like a charm though.

2) I have been asking my SA to activate the Adrenox app but he says the invoice is not yet received and they cannot activate it yet. Is this true? When does the adrenox get activated ideally for you?

3) Badly missing a light for the third row. My parking is not that well-lit and if I have to carry any shopping bags, I am having to use a torch light. Any suggestions on good battery lights which can be just stuck behind?
Congratulations!!
I don't have answers for #1 & #2 as I am still waiting for my car

For #3, I found this on Amazon: https://amzn.eu/d/fpNACXF
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 20:06   #7249

After getting my car on Friday, I've already driven over 1000 km over the weekend. The ride quality is amazing across terrains (really bad roads to well maintained highways). I did notice the football sound and the suspension thud noise, but they are fine.

Couple of questions:

1) The manual states the limit can be changed via adrenox for the AX versions. How do I manage the overspeed limit alert in MX?

2) The micro hybrid system (Engine Stop/Start System) automatically switches on whenever I switch on the car even if I have switched it off in my last ride.
a) Is there a way to switch this off and make sure it remains off?
b) Will it cause problems in a diesel variant if the start stop system is being triggered every 2/3 minutes in city traffic? (DPF issues?)

3) I'm noticing the instrument cluster sometimes doesn't switch on properly (comes on only when I start the car). Sometimes it comes alive when I'm at the pre switching on phase.

4) The clock keep randomly resetting and changing. Is this common?
KageSama is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 21:40   #7250
BHPian

Finally we did the PDI on this Sunday and have paid the full amount.

I and my wife, separately booked AXL P AT and AXL D AT respectively in Jan 2022. I booked it at the Mumbai city dealership and she did it at Thane District dealership. Mine still shows Feb-Mar 2023 as a tentative date of delivery while her vehicle has reached the dealership and we are in the process of taking the delivery.

As per the VIN, it's MFD in Sept and Battery date is of Oct so seems fine. There were lots of finger prints in the interior and also watermarks on C/D pillars, which were removed at the workshop easily and than only I paid the final amount.

Now the wait starts to get the delivery soon and take it out for a spin

Any recommendations on the accessories one should go for? I have received the following quote for few items which we are contemplating to have:

1. Mud Flap set=900
2. Side Step set=24000
3. Rear Bumper Protector=5800/7100
4. Body covers=2200/4300
5. Floor mats (3D & 7D)=5700/9999
6. Scuff plates=1200
7. Sun Shades=1710
8. Screen*protector=1000
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 22:19   #7251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
So we took two cars last weekend to the nearby forest area with typical old school narrow broken jungle patches.

Cars- XUV700 and our Innova 2.4 Z

Though my relative's XUV fared well in terms of power and refinement.

Innova scored far and I mean by a big margin better in terms of ride quality and comfort. Not only the Innova felt at home at those undulated roads, it felt more confident doing good speeds on such roads.

There was certain dizziness after sitting in the XUV but not in the Innova.

I was planning to sell the Innova for the XUV but not anymore.

Cancelling my booking.
I have had a contrasting experience, my friend has an Innova 2.4Z and we used to enjoy trips in the Innova but after I bought the xuv7oo, the Innova has not been used even once by us. I am myself a big fan of Innova and it seems well planted most of the time but when it comes to power the xuv7oo is more potent and maybe that is the reason why it can be more unstable than the Innova. From a drivers perspective I would prefer driving xuv7oo over Innova but from a passengers POV Innova might be a better option. There's also a possibility that the driver of xuv7oo was having fun driving while the passengers kept tossing around, just kidding. I don't know about the Innova 2.8 but the Innova 2.4 is a bit docile in comparison which might be working in its favour as far as passengers comfort goes.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 09:22   #7252
BHPian

Quote:
I know it was mentioned in this thread before but a couple of us have got this

QAWACHH 6 Led Touch Light for Every Dark Place Home/Car/Kitchen/etc. (White) https://amzn.eu/d/6cZ5l5e

Light is bright and works like a charm. I am using it in the boot.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 10:35   #7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Finally we did the PDI on this Sunday and have paid the full amount.

I and my wife, separately booked AXL P AT and AXL D AT respectively in Jan 2022. I booked it at the Mumbai city dealership and she did it at Thane District dealership. Mine still shows Feb-Mar 2023 as a tentative date of delivery while her vehicle has reached the dealership and we are in the process of taking the delivery.

As per the VIN, it's MFD in Sept and Battery date is of Oct so seems fine. There were lots of finger prints in the interior and also watermarks on C/D pillars, which were removed at the workshop easily and than only I paid the final amount.

Now the wait starts to get the delivery soon and take it out for a spin

Any recommendations on the accessories one should go for? I have received the following quote for few items which we are contemplating to have:

1. Mud Flap set=900
2. Side Step set=24000
4. Body covers=2200/4300
6. Scuff plates=1200
7. Sun Shades=1710
8. Screen*protector=1000

I got all of these (except 8 as I have an MX variant and 4 as I don't require it) and more (fog lamps, reverse parking camera, etc. that don't come in MX). Got all OEM. They are worth it. Mats - I took 3D as it suits my usage (lot of muddy places - gets difficult to wash it off of 7D).

Here's my list:
1. Side step
2. Reverse camera (NA to you)
3. Illuminated scuff plates
4. Rearguard (steel)
5. Tailgate scuff protector (helps while moving luggage)
6. Wheel cover (NA to you)
7. Sun shade
8. Mud flaps
9. Fog lamps (NA to you)
10. Under coating
11. 3D Mats
12. Steering wrap (art leather - NA to you)
13. Seat covers (NA to you) - yet to be added (stock expected towards the end of this week)

I just got a diesel 3D sticker from Amazon to avoid confusion at the bunk.

Found all of them to be worth it.

NA to you - not applicable to you as it would already be there or is not required (alloy wheels vs steel wheels, etc.)
Old 1st November 2022, 12:41   #7254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Congratulations!!
I don't have answers for #1 & #2 as I am still waiting for my car

For #3, I found this on Amazon: https://amzn.eu/d/fpNACXF
Thank you !!

You will have your hands on it soon. Hang in there.
Old 1st November 2022, 12:43   #7255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I know it was mentioned in this thread before but a couple of us have got this

QAWACHH 6 Led Touch Light for Every Dark Place Home/Car/Kitchen/etc. (White) https://amzn.eu/d/6cZ5l5e

Light is bright and works like a charm. I am using it in the boot.

Thank you!! Just placed the order
Old 1st November 2022, 12:54   #7256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
After getting my car on Friday, I've already driven over 1000 km over the weekend. The ride quality is amazing across terrains (really bad roads to well maintained highways). I did notice the football sound and the suspension thud noise, but they are fine.

Couple of questions:

1) The manual states the limit can be changed via adrenox for the AX versions. How do I manage the overspeed limit alert in MX?

2) The micro hybrid system (Engine Stop/Start System) automatically switches on whenever I switch on the car even if I have switched it off in my last ride.
a) Is there a way to switch this off and make sure it remains off?
b) Will it cause problems in a diesel variant if the start stop system is being triggered every 2/3 minutes in city traffic? (DPF issues?)

3) I'm noticing the instrument cluster sometimes doesn't switch on properly (comes on only when I start the car). Sometimes it comes alive when I'm at the pre switching on phase.

4) The clock keep randomly resetting and changing. Is this common?
I haven't driven much but I cannot sense any football sound even though I have a full tank. Went over some bad patches of road at high speeds but didnt hear any suspension noise though. Like I said, I have not driven much so will reserve my thoughts until I drive extensively.

Point no 2 - Even I am annoyed by this engine start/stop. Hoping to hear some solutions in this group. I am sure in winter season this will not be an issue but in summer its going to cause some inconvenience. As of now I have habituated myself to turning it off before I start my ride.

Point# 3 &4 - Haven't noticed them yet. I generally wait start the electronics (single click) and wait for a minute till all the electronics boots up and then start my engine. Not sure if this will help but you can try it.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 16:50   #7257

Quote:
I haven't driven much but I cannot sense any football sound even though I have a full tank. Went over some bad patches of road at high speeds but didnt hear any suspension noise though. Like I said, I have not driven much so will reserve my thoughts until I drive extensively.

Point no 2 - Even I am annoyed by this engine start/stop. Hoping to hear some solutions in this group. I am sure in winter season this will not be an issue but in summer its going to cause some inconvenience. As of now I have habituated myself to turning it off before I start my ride.

Point# 3 &4 - Haven't noticed them yet. I generally wait start the electronics (single click) and wait for a minute till all the electronics boots up and then start my engine. Not sure if this will help but you can try it.

I've heard the football sound only about twice or thrice. It isn't as annoying as people say it is. It's fine only. The suspension sound was slightly scary, but I was mentally prepared for it. Both happened at very low speeds.

On point 2 I found a thread on tbhp (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...stem-good.html (DIY: Disabling Mahindra's Micro-Hybrid (idling start/stop system) for good!)) Looks like lot of people have been annoyed with this. Let's hope some solution emerges.

On the display bit, even I wait till it fully loads. There's this loading/initialization sound that comes from somewhere within the bonnet. I wait for that to complete. But now the display doesn't seem to load until the engine is fired. I guess it might be some lose connection or something. (I have an MX so my cluster is analog. I guess yours is AX5 right?). I'll be taking my car for my first service sometime this weekend.
Old 1st November 2022, 19:41   #7258
BHPian

Has anyone gotten a new phone after getting the XUV 700? Just wanted to know how the AdrenoX login works.
Old 1st November 2022, 22:10   #7259

Quote:
2 ) I have been asking my SA to activate the Adrenox app but he says the invoice is not yet received and they cannot activate it yet. Is this true? When does the adrenox get activated ideally for you?
I got my car delivered last week. The adrenox activation was done the same day and it's been working fine. I've used the app on my phone as well as my watch and it works very well. For me invoicing and all the procedures were completed on the delivery day itself, that could be the reason i suppose.
Sabharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 09:56   #7260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Any recommendations on the accessories one should go for?:

1. Mud Flap set=900
2. Side Step set=24000
4. Body covers=2200/4300
6. Scuff plates=1200
7. Sun Shades=1710
8. Screen*protector=1000
1. Mud flap set looks good but practically does a poor job. I'd still say go for it.
2. Absolutely go for the official side steps, they're overpriced but worth it. Only Mahindra offers a slim and sturdy variant which doesn't compromise on GC as much.
3. Personally think bumpers spoil the look but if you need it for peace of mind then go for it.
4. Do not buy body covers from Mahindra. They are of very poor quality.
5. Same goes for the mats, Mahindra's mats are sub-standard. Buy good quality 3D mats, I'd recommend GFX 3D mats or if available 3DMaxSpider Kagu.
6. Go for illuminated scuff plates, they're worth the additional cost.
7. I use the sun shades and they're okay. These come with tabs which you have to stick on the inside and they hold the sun shade in place. Fit and finish is good.
8. Screen protector is a must, make sure they install it properly (Adrenox logo needs to be taken out before install and then put back on the screen protector after install).
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks