Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 18:02   #7486
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
We left some lights on by mistake and after 2 days we had to go somewhere and the car was dead
Great to know your good experience with RSA; inspires confidence as an owner.

I have found that AX7 switches off at least the map lights after a while even if you leave it ON. Are you sure it was the lights?
Old 12th December 2022, 19:43   #7487
BHPian

Hello fellow motorheads,

Hope you are all well. This is my first post on this forum. Thanks to the moderators for letting me in.

I have been voraciously reading up on the experiences of fellow XUV700 owners on this forum and it has helped me immensely on the journey thus far. The journey has been quite eventful so maybe a separate post on that will follow some other day.

I recently took delivery of my XUV700 AX7 L P AT (dazzling silver) in November and have driven around 200 kms in it so far. I must say, I have enjoyed driving this SUV. Of course, I am a little concerned about possible niggles that I may face later (not faced any so far, keeping my fingers crossed!). This is my first Mahindra vehicle. Having been an owner of a Toyota Fortuner, which has been largely niggle-free for nearly 10 years now, I am bracing myself for a different kind of experience. Hopefully, XUV700 will surprise on the positive side.

Also, being a techno-geek of sorts, I have been dabbling with the gazillion features and options on the Adrenox mobile app. Unfortunately, I found the documentation quite poor on this front, especially on the interaction / integration of the mobile app with the onboard software. Everything needs a bit of Googling to clarify. Perhaps, this can be a feedback to M&M.

I have been breaking my head over transferring my saved "Places" from my Adrenox Connect mobile app to my car. I have tried to click on the 3 dots at the top right corner of the saved "Places" on the mobile app --> "Send to car" -->"Done". Yet, when I go to the onboard navigation system and see "My places" in the navigation screen, I do not see any of these saved places transferred from the mobile app. Am I missing some step here? In case someone has cracked this puzzle, please do share. My apologies in advance, in case this query was asked and answered earlier in this forum. A redirect to the appropriate post will be very highly appreciated.

More updates later.

Last edited by roadmuncher26 : 12th December 2022 at 20:00.
roadmuncher26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 08:43   #7488
BHPian

Got the most awaited call on this thread. My SA(Randhawa Motors) called me on 8th Dec 2022, that my car has been allotted and is in transit to their stockyard. The car will be transferred to the showroom for the PDI. On cue the PDI is done, I will make full payment for them to generate an invoice and start the RTO proceedings.
Could you all please advise a good insurance cover for my car? Also what riders should I choose on the policy? Presently I am scouting for insurance on policybazaar.com. Any other providers names are welcome. The lowest quotation I got was from United India of approx 60k.
Old 13th December 2022, 11:58   #7489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Great to know your good experience with RSA; inspires confidence as an owner.

I have found that AX7 switches off at least the map lights after a while even if you leave it ON. Are you sure it was the lights?
Yes, I am pretty sure it could be the car's headlights (People around the village were saying that our car's headlights were switched on throughout the night and it even spooked some villagers ). Another possibility can be that as many people reported that their XUV 700 died when not used for a few days (In earlier posts of this thread). So, not using the car for 2 days coupled with low temperature and headlights left turned on, resulted in the battery being drained.

Even in Noida, I once left the headlights switched on by mistake and when I came back after an hour they were still on. So in simple words, Yes it happened due to the headlights (They were in manual mode).

And yes, as you mentioned the map lights do turn off automatically after a while in the XUV 700(Unlike in my SX4 which resulted in another drained battery a few years ago )
Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:47   #7490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
I have been breaking my head over transferring my saved "Places" from my Adrenox Connect mobile app to my car. I have tried to click on the 3 dots at the top right corner of the saved "Places" on the mobile app --> "Send to car" -->"Done". Yet, when I go to the onboard navigation system and see "My places" in the navigation screen, I do not see any of these saved places transferred from the mobile app. Am I missing some step here? In case someone has cracked this puzzle, please do share.
There is no sync of my places form the ICE on Car to Adrenox App on phone, period. So you are looking at wrong things

When you use Adrenox app and use “Send To car”, the app sends a notification to the CAr ICE. (The notification is visible at the top of ICE screen when not in Android Auto or Apple CarPlay screens). The notification will have two actions - “Navigate” and “Close”. If you do nothing, after a few seconds the notification will disappear anyway. If you choose the “Navigate” the car will show the ICE maps with navigation map pointing to that destination - touch “Start” and literally start!

You could create a map too on app with waypoints/ journey and then choose to “send to car”. When you start the car after this or if the car when receives the notification, follow the onscreen instructions like above to start navigation. That is all.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 15:37   #7491
sbm
BHPian

I am facing an issue with the LED reflector setup on my AX5. Recently, I did a fully loaded long trip and found that at the lowest setting, the low beam throw is too short but the high beam is too far away. At the highest setting, the low beam throw improves, but as its intensity is not so good (which I guess is common with all reflector LED setups), I can't drive with low beam only. Also, at its highest setting, the high beam points toward the sky. Is there any way the default setting can be further lowered?
Old 13th December 2022, 17:00   #7492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
My only gripe with going for petrol because of limited runs is that it will limit by ability to travel longer distances for outstation trips due to exorbitant fuel bills. But then I also do not want to be inconvenienced with any DPF or DEF related issues and regret my decision either. If I go for diesel, I better keep that engine revving and happy- that's the way I look at it. Taking a TD of the petrol in 2 days, hopefully that helps in making a wise decision in my context.
I was on the same boat of Diesel AWD v/s Petrol. And after initially booking AX7L Diesel AWD, I changed it to AX7L Petrol.
Below were my reasons:
  • A better petrol engine: The main reason I changed to petrol was due to better refinement and performance of that petrol engine. I took diesel test drive twice and loved its power and torque. But, when I took the test drive of petrol one, I was just blown away by it. All the below points didn't confuse me anymore.
  • Govt. Policies: Our government is slowly making it very difficult for diesel vehicles. The introduction of DEP and DPF with BS6 and more changes with BS6.2 will not only increase the gap between Petrol and Diesel vehicles but will also increase the maintenance cost of those extra equipment. Many automobile manufacturers have already stopped giving diesel as an option and other manufacturers may soon follow.
    This post by pqr (Diesel engines: The past, present & future) gives a very good insight into it.
  • Possible bad resale: Now, we cannot predict the future. But looking at the govt policies on Diesel vehicles, the resale value of the diesel vehicles may not be what we have today.
  • 10 Yr policy: I hope you are aware of the 10 yr policy of Diesel vehicles in Delhi / NCR. Although it currently only applies to Delhi / NCR region, it may soon get extended to other metro cities facing pollution.
  • Diesel ban in Delhi / NCR: This winter (2022), all BS4 diesel vehicles were banned in Delhi with a fine of 20k. Although this ban was lifted few times, it was re-imposed as soon as the pollution levels rose. I understand you don't have that problem in Bangalore. But, you may have similar restrictions in future. Remember, this ban was imposed by Supreme court and not the government.
  • DPF Filter: Post BS6 changes, it makes more sense to opt for Diesel if your avg run is above 2000 kms per month. This is mainly due to the DPF filter. For the filter to get auto-regenerated, you should drive your vehicle for 30 - 40 min in 50kmph - 80kmph speed. This is not possible in cities and you may run into DPF filter related issues.
  • Fuel expense v/s EMI: In my case, since I was considering AWD version, the EMI of Diesel AWD is 5k more than Petrol. And under normal usage of 1000 kms per month, the extra expense on fuel was 3.5k more for Petrol. So, even if I complete 1000 kms every month, I would be saving 1.5k on the EMI if I choose the Petrol version. But, if I took a long trip, those savings may get balanced.
    However, if you are deciding just between Petrol and Diesel ( non AWD ), I don't think the difference is that major.

As you would notice, my reasons were majorly because of better refinement and performance of Petrol engine, Diesel based restrictions in Delhi / NCR and Govt policies.
rAijin_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 18:32   #7493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
cancelling my scorpio for XUV700 diesel At 5 seater variant. My friend had booked this but has postponed his plans so, now I am taking that car. It's a September batch so fairly new.Attachment 2384672

I will buy the warranty afterwards and only some of the accessories that I like. Please check the quote.
This turned out to be a total waste of time. Went today to do the PDI. I will keep it short.

Me and my wife waited for 2 hours after the promised time.
Was told to take 50000rs worth of accessories and extended warranty. Advisor said in a rude tone- it's company policy
I called my friend and waited for the car to arrive.
Car came and I started checking the car. Advisor kept 100% watch on what I was doing. Me and my wife stepped out and he instantly told us to close the doors or the car will get soiled.
Opened the bonnet and the headlamp wiring looked odd to me. I started taking photos to compare the same with a car standing inside the showroom. He said " sir, you cannot take photos,it's not the company policy in a very rude tone.

We both got really pissed and told him to just cancel the booking there and then. He was literally bullying us in every way possible and this was after he knew we came through a good contact.

Called my friend and he started defending the owner and told me to just take 25k rs worth of accessories and to calm down.

I went again in a foul mood and my wife stayed in the car.
Earlier I had chosen 8k worth of accessories and could only increase it to 25k. Told him I can only go till this amount and asked him to match the insurance quote I gave them and also to confirm the same with his superior.
Then the loan guy came and said sir, get print out of the documents,get it signed and you can give the same tomorrow.
I controlled my anger and told him to get me the printouts and mark the places for signatures. He started asking for details I already gave to other guy.
Advisor came and told me sorry sir, insurance company is not listed in mahindra portal, we cannot match it and it's company policy we cannot go below 35k for accessories

I had enough of this bullshit, gave him an earful about his company's policy and got the booking cancelled. He was not ashamed to say there will be 10% cancellation charges.
Gave him the bank details and I left.

Please take a look at the headlamp wiring and the weld area. This looks like a really bad Karol Bagh jugaad
Also there was some rust on a part in the third pic.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20221213_143051.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20221213_143058.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20221213_143112.jpg

Last edited by shikh_oberoi : 13th December 2022 at 18:49.
Old 13th December 2022, 19:23   #7494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Is there any way the default setting can be further lowered?
The levelling only applies to one set of bulbs - the switch applies to low beams alone. The high beams wont move based on user chosen settings. Technically if the throw isn’t helping, suggest you to visit MASS, ask them use the alignment board, throw the beams on it and align manually - this will hold for some time and may need to do every 10k KMS or so. The headlight beam alignment can be attempted and this issue can be resolved. The light itself being inadequate - that’s something you need to take up separately. (Aux… aux lights… aux!).
Old 13th December 2022, 19:47   #7495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The levelling only applies to one set of bulbs - the switch applies to low beams alone. The high beams wont move based on user chosen settings...
Is this something specific to the XUV 700 or newer cars?
I always felt - and seen - that the headlight leveller applies to both low and high beam (in a single-reflector hi+low setup on a Grand i10 atleast)

Quote:
The light itself being inadequate - that’s something you need to take up separately. (Aux… aux lights… aux!).
Aren't additional headlamps/light-fittings illegal?
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 21:56   #7496

Hi everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Two ways:
- Do nothing, just switch spare whenever you want and keep driving. As long as TPMS auto-learning is ON, the spare will be detected when it is in use.
- Visit the MASS, ask them to enable spare tire through their iSmart Laptop. It needs manually forced relearning of TPMS which is possible only through their laptop.

For more details, visit my ownership thread too: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5328482
Post #2

Thank you @Abirnale. This like a fan boy moment for me. I have been following your post since the beginning as your's was one of the earliest AWD deliveries.

Coming to the point: I had copied the steps you had mentioned and sent it to Jakkur workshop and gave them a good 4 weeks time to understand (as additional alloy was not in stock). But all that effort from my side went in vain as the best staff there, still did not have a clue. I did not have time to stand to get it done. Nevertheless I will be going for 10k service tomorrow (8.4K in Odo) and this time I will spend time in the workshop.

Getting an early service as I will be on road again for another 5K trip.

Hi everyone,

Post #3

In case you all missed it (ICYMI) - Few Long Press button functionalities:

• Surround View System Switch (360 Camera) -> Video will move to the “Emergency Video” folder. In this folder, files are not overwritten.
  • Menu button -> Instrument Cluster layout options shortcut.
  • Intelli Command Center Switch (Media) -> Displays media source screen (All buttons in and around ICCS have a long press functionality).
  • Unlock Button (Key Fob) -> Opens sunroof and driver door window.
  • Start Stop Button (In case the vehicle is not switching off) -> Ignition status changes to ACC position. In ACC mode vehicle will get off after 30 seconds OR after the driver’s door is opened.

I found a few by accident and then re-read the Owner’s manual to find more. I have just dropped in a few of them. Happy exploring everyone.

Cheers

Last edited by Sheel : 15th December 2022 at 18:17. Reason: Please take your time & reply to all posts in one go, instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
BendO_Rookie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:27   #7497

I had scheduled an appointment to update apple car play and also re-program the 2nd key.

While at it, I requested the dealership for a replacement of the suspension arm.

There was suspension noise, not a deal breaker for me- but then it was still audible at slow speeds.

The quality head test drove the vehicle while me at the co-drivers seat.

Post which they agreed to replace the full lower arm assembly.

After removing the old assembly and unpacking the new one- they found that one part was defective, so they had to fit the old one back and I got the vehicle back.

They placed an order which arrived a week later and was successfully replaced.

After driving for more than 50kms, I see a huge difference- there is no more noise from the suspension whole going on speedbreakers.

Glad to know that Mahindra is taking customers feedback and actively taking actions.

Note: My vehicle is from July 2022 batch (Diesel AT L AWD)
Msar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:18   #7498
BHPian

Can anyone update me about the Apple Carplay status? Are they updating and activating it, during normal service?
Strangely the lady from ASS, who called to confirm my appointment for 1000KM service, and when I asked about the carplay update, she stated that there is some issue pertaining to Mahindra, and they are not updating. This sounded weird!
Then called up the helpline, and lady confirmed there is nothing of such, and gave me the details of the works manager, and said they have updated my request.
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:54   #7499
BHPian

Hello All,
Completed the PDI for my AX7L AWD today. Everything looked in order.
Car is Nov 2022 manufactured. ODO stood at 31km.
The tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia.
I am getting two keys with the vehicle but no rear sequential indicators as of now. Dealer assured me that these would be made available at a later date for the “L” buyers.

What I noticed with the keys was that if I lock the car using one key, I cannot use the other key to unlock the vehicle. Both lock/unlock needs to be done with the same key. Maybe both the keys need to be paired again. Have asked the SA to look into it. Can someone confirm if this is the norm?

Delivery, hopefully would be by end of next week after registration.

Last edited by Karaboudjan : 15th December 2022 at 17:54. Reason: Missed out a line.
Karaboudjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 18:53   #7500
BHPian

I called up dealership to enquire about 2nd set of keys as it's been 6 months already since I got my AX5 D AT, but I was informed keys have not arrived for my vehicle.

Do we know any email address for Mahindra where I can ask about the status and request this to be sent at the earliest possible ?

I just hope Dealership has not got my keys displaced or lost somehow.

Most Viewed