Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 16:04   #7621
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Hi, am based in Delhi so got it done from https://www.carstylein.com/ noida showroom. They did a good job overall, the quality of the material was great and the prices were decent compared to others. Any minor issues were promptly fixed. Have not done a proper photo session so attaching whatever i could find in my phone. Will post a detailed ownership thread with tons of pics soon.

Attachment 2400275

Attachment 2400277

Attachment 2400276

These were clicked at there showroom late at night after the installation was finished. Pics dont do justice to the actual color at all btw.
Looks awesome.
My seal cover dealer (Galaxy seat cover, Royapettah, Chennai) informed me that there's no provision to put leather cover on dashboard, windows and handrest glove box. But I see yours is neatly done.
1. Can you let me know if it required opening up the dashboard significantly?
2. What was your expense? ( I was quoted 15k for seat covers with top quality material available but excluded for dashboard, windows and handrest glovebox)
Your inputs will be really helpful
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 16:58   #7622
BHPian

Dear Forum Members,

I booked a AX7L P AT in Aug'22. The delivery date in Mahindra Customer portal at the time of booking was indicated as Jan-Feb'24. The date in Customer portal has remain unchanged since then. However, today I got a email from my dealer that customer promise date is 23rd Oct'23. Both the pics are attached. Which of these dates is more reliable. I need to plan a domestic trip in Dec'23. Will decide the mode of transport accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.png  

Attached Images

RashmiRathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 17:51   #7623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
Dear Forum Members,

I booked a AX7L P AT in Aug'22. The delivery date in Mahindra Customer portal at the time of booking was indicated as Jan-Feb'24. The date in Customer portal has remain unchanged since then. However, today I got a email from my dealer that customer promise date is 23rd Oct'23. Both the pics are attached. Which of these dates is more reliable. I need to plan a domestic trip in Dec'23. Will decide the mode of transport accordingly.
Based on my own booking and from what I have seen for friends and others in the forum, you should be normally have your car ready for delivery in next 2-3 months. To be honest, it does not make sense to rely much on delivery date/promise dates, good news in you'll get yours much ahead of time.
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 19:20   #7624
BHPian

Quote:
Which of these dates is more reliable. I need to plan a domestic trip in Dec'23. Will decide the mode of transport accordingly.
Every month, the SA will get an updated timeline and they are the most reliable. The timelines on the portal are not as dynamic as the updates SA will have. So, please check with SA after 7th of every month. There will be significant movement in delivery timelines after you complete 6M of waiting.

As fellow forum member indicated, the delivery should happen much earlier than the portal timelines.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 06:42   #7625
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Forum Members,

Agree with others, neither of the dates are reliable and chances are higher that you will get the car sooner. Pro tip: continue talking nicely to the showroom people

Last edited by GPJ_23 : 10th January 2023 at 06:46.
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 10:39   #7626
Senior - BHPian

7OO overturns and driver claims car steered outside itself.

https://www.cartoq.com/misusing-adas...oof-video/amp/

Credits to Cartoq

I strongly feel car is not at fault here but the driver who might've mistaken the use of ADAS to be independent rather than being just an assist!
Old 10th January 2023, 11:35   #7627
BHPian

Finally I will be taking delivery of my midnight blue AX7L D AT this Sunday. Will be writing my experience shortly. Meanwhile, I wanted some advice regarding which accessories to get and if getting a ceramic coating is worth it. Any suggestion is much appreciated.
Old 10th January 2023, 12:20   #7628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
Finally I will be taking delivery of my midnight blue AX7L D AT this Sunday. Will be writing my experience shortly. Meanwhile, I wanted some advice regarding which accessories to get and if getting a ceramic coating is worth it. Any suggestion is much appreciated.
Personally I found the below Mahindra accessories good in quality and worth the price:

1.Mudflaps
2.Side footsteps
3.Illuminated scuff plates
4.Screen guard
5.3D mats
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 12:22   #7629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Personally I found the below Mahindra accessories good in quality and worth the price:

1.Mudflaps
2.Side footsteps
3.Illuminated scuff plates
4.Screen guard
5.3D mats
How about the rain visors and chrome liners?

From what I read on this thread, mats are getting a mixed review.
Old 10th January 2023, 12:39   #7630
BHPian

Quote:

I am very happy with the 3D mats - quality and fit, it doesn't show up the footmarks from shoes easily as well. I personally avoided any accessory that requires sticking on body with 3m tapes or glue so would not be able to comment on rain visors and chrome liners.
Old 10th January 2023, 12:43   #7631
BHPian

Quote:

I have installed the 3D mats from M&M. While the rest of the cabin mats seem to be of fairly good quality, I feel that the mat for the boot in 7-seater mat sets (whether 3D / 7D, they all have the same type of rubber boot mat unfortunately) is of very poor quality. The rubber is very delicate and seems prone to thermal and mechanical wear and tear. Mine has already got cut marks from suitcase wheels. So flimsy is the boot mat that, I suspect, it may even melt in the famed Delhi heat! I tried to get the boot mat replaced from the dealer. Initially, they refused to admit that the boot mat is of poor quality. Then they gave the excuse that the mat comes as a set so they are unable to replace just one mat from the entire set. So, now I plan to look for a sturdy aftermarket replacement mat for just the boot space. In case someone has found a good alternative, please drop a note here.
Old 10th January 2023, 12:48   #7632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Rain visors are grossly overpriced at M&M. Rs.5400 if I remember correctly. Got 3D mats from Pharaoh and the Rain Visors with a chrome strip installed at Hot Tracks, Victoria Road for Rs.11,000 or so. The mats are great quality and are super easy to clean as well.
Old 10th January 2023, 15:56   #7633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Looks awesome.
My seal cover dealer (Galaxy seat cover, Royapettah, Chennai) informed me that there's no provision to put leather cover on dashboard, windows and handrest glove box. But I see yours is neatly done.
1. Can you let me know if it required opening up the dashboard significantly?
2. What was your expense? ( I was quoted 15k for seat covers with top quality material available but excluded for dashboard, windows and handrest glovebox)
Your inputs will be really helpful
Thanks, dashboard/door trim leather wrapping can be done easily by a good installer. YouTube has hundreds of videos documenting it.
Yes the dashboard needs to be opened up but with experienced staff its not a big hassle.
I was quoted around 26k for the whole package (5 seats + Front Armrest + Steering Wheel + Dashboard and Door Trim) but i got a little discount as my friend who was with me knew the owner. Got a warranty card/bill for peace of mind.

Quote:
Meanwhile, I wanted some advice regarding which accessories to get and if getting a ceramic coating is worth it. Any suggestion is much appreciated.
I got the following -

Screen Guard : Will not recommend it as its matte finish so the screen looks very dull plus the touch response was not good. I replaced it with a glossy protector from Armour Guards and the results are much better.

Mud Flaps : Recommended

Scuff Plates : Got the non illuminated ones (Design A ) as i already had plans to install ambient lights. Recommended.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 07:57   #7634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post

The only issue I noticed is the brakes. When I press the brake pedal, during my intial foot travel, it hardly responds but as I press the brakes further, it becomes too sharp. Once a vehicle in front of me stopped abruptly and I had the break, although I had enough space to break, my vehicle had to stop with a sharp breaking because of which the vehicles behind me almost hit each other. This was quite scary.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is this kind of a braking experience common in this vehicle?
For people moving from older cars to XUV 700-it has several systems like Electronic Brake Prefill, Hydraulic Brake Assist, ESP etc. Further, which system gets triggered depends on the context at braking time so braking is a bit less predictable. In my Alto the default way of braking was to start with some pressure and increase it based on how quickly I wanted to stop. In XUV 700 I tend to start braking harder and then ease off if I feel I'm braking too hard.
StopUnderrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 08:33   #7635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
For people moving from older cars to XUV 700-it has several systems like Electronic Brake Prefill, Hydraulic Brake Assist, ESP etc. Further, which system gets triggered depends on the context at braking time so braking is a bit less predictable. In my Alto the default way of braking was to start with some pressure and increase it based on how quickly I wanted to stop. In XUV 700 I tend to start braking harder and then ease off if I feel I'm braking too hard.
I don't think XUV700 has break assist. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Also, will be great if someone can share potential rationale behind not providing break assist in XUV700 when lot of much smaller cars support it.

Most Viewed