Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 12:33   #7846
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
It makes me wonder, is there anyone who did not get delivery within a year of booking or still waiting for more than a year after booking?
Apologies in advance for the rant ahead

While I see a lot of happy miracles happening with many buyers, I personally am having the worst of it all.
Booked the car in Dec 2021, almost 14 months gone and still no delivery on the horizon. The portal shows Jul 2023 and the dealership has no clarity either. They keep replying with their usual "We are trying our best to get a car allocated to you at the earliest".
Tried all the tricks shared here on the thread to get an early allotment but to no avail. I'm pretty sure the dealership has done out of turn allotment of my car to someone else because since Apr 2022 they are saying "Sir you are second in line to get the car". That means they haven't delivered a single car of my variant in last 1 year?

So I think it totally depends on the dealership you book from. If they are fair in their allotment process and value a good customer experience then the possibility to get the car early is high, otherwise its a gamble.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 12:47   #7847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Booked the car in Dec 2021, almost 14 months gone and still no delivery on the horizon.
Which variant did you book for?

A lot of allocation depends upon variant to variant and colour combination too.
Old 7th February 2023, 13:15   #7848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Which variant did you book for?

A lot of allocation depends upon variant to variant and colour combination too.
My variant is AX7L D AT AWD in Everest White colour.

You are right about the fact that variant and colour combination can impact the allocation but I've seen numerous examples for the same combination getting early deliveries, even as early as 4 months.

I get it there are hundred factors affecting the allocation and the legendary M&M algorithm is also something to thank for this
Old 7th February 2023, 13:58   #7849
BHPian

Quote:
A peculiar issue with infotainment.

While on the return leg of my today's trip, tried activating alexa through voice command, but got no response. I switched off the vehicle two to three times still found the same issue. Then had a long 40 mins break at a restaurant. After that Voilą alexa worked. Don't have iota of clue what happened? Is it a niggle or something else?
Might have been due to the patchy VI's eSIM coverage. While driving, I keep hearing a single "chime" sound, which I suspect is the notification for connection lost. Alexa doesn't work then. Beyond that, Alexa sometimes responds with the annoying, "Sorry, I don't know that".

The novelty factor with the Alexa wears off pretty soon.
1) Most of Alexa voice commands can executed manually without getting distracted while driving, using the physical buttons.
2) Where voice commands come in very handly, Alexa response doesn't inspire much confidence. Be it, calling someone, in-built navigation, playing music (with Saavn).
3) If (& when) Android Auto works, it works like a charm for all the above. Car vs Phone's mobile connection's reliability is a big factor.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 14:03   #7850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Booked the car in Dec 2021, almost 14 months gone and still no delivery on the horizon.
This is very unfortunate. Based on the reports by fellow members only a handful had to wait more than 12 months. What status does it show in the portal?

It may not mean much in reality but my two-day old booking of top-end petrol was already showing status of production planning yesterday.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-status20230206.jpg
Old 7th February 2023, 14:03   #7851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Might have been due to the patchy VI's eSIM coverage. While driving, I keep hearing a single "chime" sound, which I suspect is the notification for connection lost. Alexa doesn't work then. Beyond that, Alexa sometimes responds with the annoying, "Sorry, I don't know that".
Really sucks to see that VI is preferred by Mahindra.

Jio or Airtel would've been far far better.

Last edited by Vasuki : 7th February 2023 at 14:04.
Old 7th February 2023, 14:22   #7852
BHPian

Quote:
Really sucks to see that VI is preferred by Mahindra.

Jio or Airtel would've been far far better.
With mobile number portability, is it possible for us to move to a different service provider (other than VI), perhaps with better network coverage within and between cities / towns? After all, VI is just the mobile network service provider. Shouldn't Adrenox work with any other mobile network once the e-Sim has been ported to their network?
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 14:55   #7853
BHPian

My experience so far with MASS has been decent contrary to what I have read in this portal.

I got my car delivered on 15th January. On 24th I took it for its 1K check up at 1747 Kms. The SE told me that he has raised a request for sequential indicators and it should take 12-15 days for it to reach them. On 31st I get a call that the parts have arrived and I can get it fixed. Really impressed with the prompt response so far.

Name:  Seqgif.gif
Views: 1166
Size:  1.23 MB
saurabhrai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 15:56   #7854

Quote:
This is very unfortunate. Based on the reports by fellow members only a handful had to wait more than 12 months. What status does it show in the portal?

It may not mean much in reality but my two-day old booking of top-end petrol was already showing status of production planning yesterday.
I don't think the status in this Booking Status site mean much. It is showing up as "under planning" for last 6-7 months for me. All I hear from the dealer, is asking for more time with no incoming communication from them whatsoever.

I expected things to improve after the logistical challenges related to chip supply waned plus capacity expansion at M&M. However, it seems that these changes were targeted more towards exports to South Africa and Nepal, rather than improving the supply situation for Indian consumers.

P.S. - Booked thru a Pune dealer [Unnati Motors, Viman Nagar]
pun_fun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 00:57   #7855
BHPian

Quote:
Lucky you, that a two day old status shows 'Under Planning'
Mine 2 months old status, still shows only 'Booking Complete'
SA told Mahindra's Booking Status system has some issue.

Looks like I have to keep bothering the SA at least twice a month, so things move forward quickly (like few members suggested)
Old 9th February 2023, 00:25   #7856

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone in Bangalore got ppf quoting done on their car , which vendor did you choose and what price was offered? Anything else that i should keep in mind
Old 9th February 2023, 10:52   #7857
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 waiting period

Base MX trim commands 24-40 weeks of waiting, while AX7 and AX7L trims range between 47-48 weeks.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230209_105041.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th February 2023 at 10:53.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 19:29   #7858
Senior - BHPian

This query is for a friend who is confused between Innova HYCROSS and XUV700(existing booking) for the long term owners (who have seen a summer)

Does the XUV700 sunroof end up heating the cabin in summer ? Mostly his car is parked in the open. I read somewhere that Innova cabin feels warm due to the sunroof so technically it should be similar in XUV700 as well unless Mahindra has done something different for heat management
Old 9th February 2023, 19:49   #7859
BHPian

I recently took a test Drive of a Diesel Manual XUV700, right after doing a test drive of a Petrol Automatic XUV700. The odometer of the Diesel Manual was at 18k kms whereas the Petrol was at 24K kms.

I did manage to stall the Diesel manual vehicle couple of times though during a U turn, and had to be restarted in the middle of the road, which it did right away. Maybe it was right after the Petrol ride, or the stalling that happened, but with the Diesel variant, I had a faint smell of diesel coming inside the cabin. The windows and the sunroof was closed at that time and A/C was running inside.

Wanted to check if anyone has experienced the faint smell of Diesel in a Diesel XUV700?
Old 10th February 2023, 09:53   #7860

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
I recently took a test Drive of a Diesel Manual XUV700, right after doing a test drive of a Petrol Automatic XUV700. The odometer of the Diesel Manual was at 18k kms whereas the Petrol was at 24K kms.

I did manage to stall the Diesel manual vehicle couple of times though during a U turn, and had to be restarted in the middle of the road, which it did right away. Maybe it was right after the Petrol ride, or the stalling that happened, but with the Diesel variant, I had a faint smell of diesel coming inside the cabin. The windows and the sunroof was closed at that time and A/C was running inside.

Wanted to check if anyone has experienced the faint smell of Diesel in a Diesel XUV700?
I have been driving diesel XUV700 since last 2 months and not noticed any such smell in the cabin.
rs_cockpit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks