Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2023, 05:05   #8116

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roraxuv View Post
1) Can one expect any significant increase in fuel efficiency after the first service? The current mileage I am getting is just about 7 to 7.5 km/l in city traffic.
With front and rear AC on and all 7 seats occupied my AX7 gives around 7.5 to 8 in city. First service was carried out 2 days ago, nothing was changed other than some “retorquing".

Quote:
Does anyone have experience in installation of a 360 camera? I have tried checking with various after-sales car accessories agencies and am told that there is no plug and play available for 360 camera installation for the XUV 700 in the market so far.
Don’t think this is possible without voiding the warranty. You have to install a monitor for the additional cameras and then split the output from the rear cam.
Old 21st March 2023, 10:08   #8117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Hi folks, have a few questions-
1. Is there any difference/benefit of booking an XUV over the web vs at the showroom?
2. Any Bangalore dealers that are providing benefits of any kind on the XUV?
3. If you have an XUV in white, how is the paint ageing?
4. If you have a petrol, do you see any improvement in FE after a recent service? Some have reported so in this thread.

Many thanks in advance if you are able to respond to any of these questions! Cheers!
Dealers don't reduct amount if you cancel the booking later
mathlesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 10:13   #8118
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings.
I recently purchased the XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT and am due for the first servicing after 1000 kms. I have a couple of questions :

1) Can one expect any significant increase in fuel efficiency after the first service? The current mileage I am getting is just about 7 to 7.5 km/l in city traffic.
The first service (got it done on 19th) was just a general checkup and to address any recalls. Mine had the software update recall. So, I don't expect any major changes apart from marginal improvements due to engine run-in.

Quote:
2) Are there any software upgrades/stability after the service, especially to Android Auto? Can we expect the infotainment to stabilize, and reduce the niggles, abrupt disconnects and shutdowns etc?
With the new software, apple car play is enabled and the service advisor mentioned there are some updates to address the Android auto lagging issues.

I myself did not face any disconnects with Android auto earlier but I do feel that the system overall seems to be more responsive now after the update.

Last edited by amahale : 21st March 2023 at 10:14.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 10:59   #8119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Any idea what happened, and what the permanent fix would be? Disconnecting the battery every time this happens will be a pain.

Now I recall, a couple of months ago, one fine morning, when I tried to open the car using the remote, it did not respond. Since I was in a hurry, went back to my trusted Honda, and was on my way in that car. Next day when I tried unlocking the XUV, it behaved as if nothing had happened. All fine, till last evening!
This happened with me once, very early in my ownership. While going to office, I pressed the unlock button on the remote but there was no response from the car. Tried thrice but still the same. I was dumb for a moment and didn't knew what to do. The second remote was not handed over to me at that point. But luckily for me the Adrenox app worked and opened the doors. The remote also started working fine, thereafter, as if nothing noting happened.

Still don't know why this happened.

Quote:
Greetings.
I recently purchased the XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT and am due for the first servicing after 1000 kms. I have a couple of questions :

2) Are there any software upgrades/stability after the service, especially to Android Auto? Can we expect the infotainment to stabilize, and reduce the niggles, abrupt disconnects and shutdowns etc?

3) I have an AX7 but do not have the luxury model and would like to install a 360 camera from the market (after-sales). Does anyone have experience in installation of a 360 camera? I have tried checking with various after-sales car accessories agencies and am told that there is no plug and play available for 360 camera installation for the XUV 700 in the market so far.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukka12 View Post
With front and rear AC on and all 7 seats occupied my AX7 gives around 7.5 to 8 in city. First service was carried out 2 days ago, nothing was changed other than some “retorquing".
1. NO. Nothing is done in the first service other than re-torquing / tightening all the screws and bolts in the underbody and cleaning the filters.

2. The current version i.e. 10.14.12 for non-L models is stable than the earlier one. The initial issues of car play has been taken care to some extent, but still it is not what one would have expected.

3. Mostly the SC would not undertake such modifications because M&M now wants to maintain the differentiation in features for their premium variants. But still it will depend on your relationship with co-tek and other personnel at the SC - so you can discuss this with them and get their opinion.

I do remember seeing this being done by some outside shop in Hyderabad. Search the you tube videos and you might find the details.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 12:02   #8120

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been following this thread for quite some time.

At the showroom, I had booked the AX7L non-AWD variant but my dealer made a mistake on the online booking portal and booked AX7L AWD. Recently I was thinking of changing my booking to AWD as I suspect the AWD variant has less demand than the regular AX7L, which can translate to quick delivery.

I just wanted to know if there are any pros/cons of buying the XUV700 D AWD variant. I'll be using this car for office commute, Gurgaon-Noida.

My query with the AWD variant was, Will AWD mode hit the FE? (I'm hoping for 10+Kmpl on Diesel) Is there a way to switch off AWD mode to only use FWD? Or the car switches to FWD automatically when it reaches a certain speed?

Also regarding DPF regeneration, I travel 55 Km one way which is a mix of highway and busy Delhi traffic, will it be enough to keep the DPF issues at bay?
Old 21st March 2023, 12:12   #8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukka12 View Post

Don’t think this is possible without voiding the warranty. You have to install a monitor for the additional cameras and then split the output from the rear cam.
Thanks for your response. I checked with some after sales shops and they said that voiding of the warranty will only come into effect if any original stock wiring is cut . In this case, they will not cut any wires but use a plug and play mechanism, however, it seems that plug and play adapter for XUV 700 is not available in the market currently. I just wanted to check if anyone has actually been able to successfully install a 360 camera from after sales. Thanks again
Old 21st March 2023, 13:48   #8122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavrastogi08 View Post
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know if there are any pros/cons of buying the XUV700 D AWD variant. I'll be using this car for office commute, Gurgaon-Noida.

My query with the AWD variant was, Will AWD mode hit the FE? (I'm hoping for 10+Kmpl on Diesel) Is there a way to switch off AWD mode to only use FWD? Or the car switches to FWD automatically when it reaches a certain speed?

Also regarding DPF regeneration, I travel 55 Km one way which is a mix of highway and busy Delhi traffic, will it be enough to keep the DPF issues at bay?
First part of your querry has been addressed here :

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Thank you!

It’s actually your call basis what I am stating below:
- AWD is a capability that helps in soft-roading/ mild off-roading for sure
- AWD also helps with countering torque steer
- AWD has additional cost, of course compared with non AWD
- AWD is additional weight than FWD, thereby definitely affecting FE in some way negative.
- AWD is only available in AX7L, AX7 AT format in diesel - no MT, no Gasoline.
- AWD is smaller set of users, hence not prioritised manufacturing, hence not very fast delivery too.
- Your pattern of driving - highway vs bad roads vs rough/ steep mountain roads/ hills would define what you actually want.
- AWD is one thing that you can have it and not use it. And it cant be aftermarket/ retrofit. When you need it and not having it is not a pretty feeling too.

Hope this helps.
In normal mode it acts as a FWD and the AWD is engaged only when the necessity is detected by the computer system. You can also engage the AWD manually by way of a switch if the situation demands. The AWD is automatically switched off when the vehicle attains a certain speed even if it is manually engaged.

DPF should not be a problem in your case if you can ocassionally take the vehicle out and drive above 60KMPH. My daily commute to office is only 12 KM oneway and I have not faced any issue till date.

As far as mileage is concerned I get 12.5-13 KM in city and 15 KM in highways on tankful method.

Last edited by Sommos : 21st March 2023 at 13:52.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 16:06   #8123
BHPian

We are planning to replace our 6 yr old trusted S-Cross and XUV700 is our primary choice (all family members seems to love it, specially my sons).
I am confused between AX7 and AX7-L for DSL Automatic as I was not able to conclude on the below things:
  • Does AX7 have adaptive cruise control, what does is lack w.r.t to AX7-L in ADAS.
  • Does AX7 have auto emergency braking.
  • How good is the sound system in AX7, anyone felt the need to upgrade.
  • Does AX7 have hill hold.

Last edited by .sourov : 21st March 2023 at 16:06. Reason: spell check
Old 21st March 2023, 16:38   #8124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
  • Does AX7 have adaptive cruise control, what does is lack w.r.t to AX7-L in ADAS.
The difference as far as I remember is -

1. ADAS stop and go.
2. Blind spot monitor
3. 360 camera
4. dashcam like recording feature
5. Sony sound system
6. Automatic door handles
7. electronic parking brake (AX7-AWD has this 2WD does not)

and I`m sure there will be plenty more - So yes, get the 'L' model for sure.

AX7L - AT , be it petrol or diesel, AWD is optional.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 18:45   #8125

Quote:
We are planning to replace our 6 yr old trusted S-Cross and XUV700 is our primary choice (all family members seems to love it, specially my sons).
I am confused between AX7 and AX7-L for DSL Automatic as I was not able to conclude on the below things:
I own a AX7 DSL automatic variant and it does have ACC, AEBS and Hill Hold. I found the sound system in AX7 is decent enough and never felt the need to upgrade.
Old 21st March 2023, 18:50   #8126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The difference as far as I remember is -

1. ADAS stop and go.
2. Blind spot monitor
3. 360 camera
4. dashcam like recording feature
5. Sony sound system
6. Automatic door handles
7. electronic parking brake (AX7-AWD has this 2WD does not)

and I`m sure there will be plenty more - So yes, get the 'L' model for sure.

AX7L - AT , be it petrol or diesel, AWD is optional.
Adding in :
8. Knee airbag
9. Rear sequential indicator (recently removed from non L)

And on point 1 - similar to EPB, if I remember correctly the AWD non L version gets the stop and go too.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 13:05   #8127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
Dealers don't reduct amount if you cancel the booking later
I had cancelled my booking, which was done through dealer and they have deducted 10% as charges. I have read from others as well that the dealers do deduct amount on cancellation.

Quote:
Here is the list of differences between AX7 and L -> from the features list.
1. Rear Sequential Indicators
2. Knee Air bag
3. Electronic Smart door handles
4. 360 surround view
5. Blind view monitoring
6. Wireless Charging
7. Dash Cam with continuous recording
8. speakers ( 6 in AX7 to 12 in L ) and some surround sound tech
9. Keyless entry
10. Electronic Parking brake

Adaptive Cruise Control(ACC) is available only in AT and not MT
Emergency breaking is available in both the variants
Sound output in L varaint is very good and decent enough in AX7

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd March 2023 at 18:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you!
har_war_09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:36   #8128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
I had cancelled my booking, which was done through dealer and they have deducted 10% as charges. I have read from others as well that the dealers do deduct amount on cancellation.
When I went for booking, dealer was willing to give me in writing that they will not deduct any amount on cancellation. Seems it is varying from dealer to dealer and your agreement with them.
mathlesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 21:18   #8129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavrastogi08 View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been following this thread for quite some time.

At the showroom, I had booked the AX7L non-AWD variant but my dealer made a mistake on the online booking portal and booked AX7L AWD. Recently I was thinking of changing my booking to AWD as I suspect the AWD variant has less demand than the regular AX7L, which can translate to quick delivery.

Hi Raghav. I own the AWD version and can confirm you will get a average of more than 10 in almost all conditions. The minimum I usually get is around 12 with an average of 13-14.

There is no way to turn off the AWD. The car always remain in AWD however unless there is a need most of the power goes to the front wheels.

The difference in FE between the AWD and the non AWD version is usually not very large (around 1km/l). If you don’t mind the extra price go for it. A drive in the snow or a sticky situation will more than compensate for the very minimal and sometimes non existent difference in FE.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by Mick_wanderer : 22nd March 2023 at 21:21.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 09:45   #8130

Hi Everyone,

I am again facing issue with the SIM signal and the Adrenox app does not connect / sync. This is the second time I have come across this and I believe the only solution is to disconnect the battery terminal and reconnect again. It was done at the service center when I had this issue first time. Can anyone please share the instructions on how to do this self as I want to avoid a visit to the service center just for this. Thanks.

Most Viewed