Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 12:40   #8161
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Do you know that the latest Android Auto update (Ver 9.0 )allows us to take some calls on the phone itself by switching off the blutooth icon in call screen.
I stopped connecting the phone in car because I did not like taking all the calls on car speakers.
lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 15:01   #8162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Can you please share the ICE S/W version and confirm if it came with Apple Carplay ?
Apple Carplay is working fine, we tested it. My phone is android however.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230326-14.28.25.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230326-14.28.43.jpeg  

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th March 2023 at 15:03.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 16:41   #8163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
The official M&M ones are the sleekest, at least that's what most forum members have experienced; Probably the only useful official accessory that is manufactured sensibly.
Yes, It looks sleek but felt not wide enough. I would like to check any other option before going for it.

I saw many other M Tek sidesteps, but not sure how their clamps are designed and how much ground clearance is compromised ?
Old 26th March 2023, 18:05   #8164

Today i was at the Mahindra showroom in Pune, to do the financial discussions for the upcoming 700 purchase. At that time, the selection of the accessories came up and I visited the accessories counter in the showroom. They presented me with a price-list of the same. Upon returning home i went online to check what options are available. To my surprise, there is a significant difference between what price the showroom is selling versus the online Mahindra portal (www.m2all.com). Example, the side foot rest is available online for Rs.22,955/- and the same is quoted at showroom for Rs. 28,500/-. When I inquired about the same with the SA, he talked about warranty, labor charges, making sure all is fit properly etc. It was quite unconvincing and did not justify the increase in price. So, not sure of going ahead and buying the same from showroom. I was considering buying the following and below is the comparison between the two prices.
Name:  Pricing difference.png
Views: 938
Size:  7.7 KB

Here is the price-list sent by the SA:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-accessories-price-list.jpg

Have you seen this happening at other Mahindra outlets?
Is this even making sense to buy accessories from the showroom?
Vyadh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 20:14   #8165
Senior - BHPian

The music system of my XUV7OO MX Diesel (Mfg batch April 2022, I think), has stopped working. It displays the Welcome animation and the Disclaimer, after which the screen backlight remains on but the screen stays blank.

The odo is just shy of ~7.8k kms. Car is bone stock, have never made any mods (same as in any of my cars).

During the first month, I had the screen hanging issue, but that was sorted after the ASC disconnected & reconnected the battery (twice).

Have messaged the service center manager at PPS Motors whom I met during first service, I'll be visiting the ASC tomorrow, let's see.

Please let me know any pointers if any of you / your acquaintances have had this issue & how it can be sorted.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:35   #8166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
I had cancelled my booking, which was done through dealer and they have deducted 10% as charges. I have read from others as well that the dealers do deduct amount on cancellation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
When I went for booking, dealer was willing to give me in writing that they will not deduct any amount on cancellation. Seems it is varying from dealer to dealer and your agreement with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
Dealers don't reduct amount if you cancel the booking later
In June 2022, I had made two bookings for XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT Silver. One at a dealer and another online and both were showing a delivery date of April 2024.

After waiting for over six months and still seeing no signs of reduction in delivery period, in Dec 2022, I started the process of contacting each and every Mahindra Dealership in my state (smaller nearby towns) once every week to check for free stock of XUV700 and informing them that I was looking to buy immediately in cash.

In a short while I found a free stock of AX7 Petrol AT in my choice of silver. I closed in on the deal and took delivery in Jan 2023.

After taking delivery, I cancelled both by previous bookings and got below refunds:

Online : deduction-2100, refund-18,900
Dealer : deduction - NIL, refund- 21,000

For the online cancellation, I got the refund credited to my credit card within 7days, however for the dealer cancellation, i get the refund check after 50days and multiple follow ups.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230327-10.15.37.jpeg
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:53   #8167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Hi folks, have a few questions-
1. Is there any difference/benefit of booking an XUV over the web vs at the showroom?
2. Any Bangalore dealers that are providing benefits of any kind on the XUV?
3. If you have an XUV in white, how is the paint ageing?
4. If you have a petrol, do you see any improvement in FE after a recent service? Some have reported so in this thread.

Many thanks in advance if you are able to respond to any of these questions! Cheers!
1. Prefer to go with the dealer - better chance of getting an unallocated vehicle and/or choice of variants (if those are available). Someone has mentioned that getting a refund is tougher with the dealer - but then that's a small compromise.
3. Looks fine to me on a 2mon old car
4. No 'improvements' per se. If you feather the throttle, you will see some gains. Ideally, the petrol is tailor made of the highway where you can use CC and get some mileage benefits without much compromise on the speed. I got the best FE of 10.5kmpl on a 400km highway trip with speeds in the 90 - 120kmph range.(it is tough to drive slow in this car as it masks the speed so well!)
If FE is what you are after, this is not the car for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roraxuv View Post
Greetings.
I recently purchased the XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT and am due for the first servicing after 1000 kms. I have a couple of questions :

1) Can one expect any significant increase in fuel efficiency after the first service? The current mileage I am getting is just about 7 to 7.5 km/l in city traffic.

2) Are there any software upgrades/stability after the service, especially to Android Auto? Can we expect the infotainment to stabilize, and reduce the niggles, abrupt disconnects and shutdowns etc?

3) I have an AX7 but do not have the luxury model and would like to install a 360 camera from the market (after-sales). Does anyone have experience in installation of a 360 camera? I have tried checking with various after-sales car accessories agencies and am told that there is no plug and play available for 360 camera installation for the XUV 700 in the market so far.

Thanks in advance.
1. I have addressed the question in #4 above.
2. No issues with the system per se. There are so many options of connecting to the system and using it that a specific user many not be able to fully explore everything and hence may not be able to give an accurate answer. Only thing that I observe is that Vodaphone sim connectivity is bad in apartment basement parking - which means Alexa takes time to connect (once you come out) - a good 3-4 min before it is up and running.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:00   #8168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyadh View Post

Hello Vyadh,

I experienced the same in Bangalore as well and the same reason was quoted to me. The price difference was not as much as you have quoted but higher than the M2all rates. Please sit with them and negotiate on the prices. Many of the fellow bhpians here have got the accessories at the listed prices.
har_war_09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 11:36   #8169
BHPian

Quote:
To my surprise, there is a significant difference between what price the showroom is selling versus the online Mahindra portal (www.m2all.com).
Hi Vyadh, Dealers have their own rates, to which they include the item transportation/storage & installation price as well. If you're going for a bunch of accessories, haggle with them. They shouldn't charge more than 2-5k extra combined for all accessories, when comparing the total cost with M2All.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 12:24   #8170
BHPian

Hello Everyone ,

Need guidance/opinions from Xuv700 owners and experts.

While I was waiting for my xuv700 AX7L D AT, I just got impatient and booked an Astor savvy CVT. Just about to take delivery.

My primary requirement is full ADAS L2. Usage will be 20% seven seater. 50% city. my wife would be driving it for 21 days a month and me 9 days. She is not used to driving big cars. I can do away with 5 seater I guess, since we have 4 cars. Xuv will cost me 26L OTR and Astor 18.5L OTR with discount. I believe running cost of Xuv diesel and Astor CVT would be same, considering the weight and size of the car. Also reading all the post regarding issues in XUV had put me in dilemma.

Should I go for Astor now ?

Also should I go for BS 6.1 or wait for a month to get RDE model without discount ? I’m not sure of the E20 pricing. If it’s priced in par with diesel or less it makes sense to wait, but it’s highly unlikely.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th March 2023 at 18:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 27th March 2023, 12:55   #8171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
XUV is not that big. The steering is very light too. If adequate parking is available in those city destinations, your wife can definitely drive it with ease. I think you should ask your wife to test drive both these cars.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 13:18   #8172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
XUV is not that big. The steering is very light too. If adequate parking is available in those city destinations, your wife can definitely drive it with ease. I think you should ask your wife to test drive both these cars.
She did. She likes both. Astor more indeed, due to red interiors and real leather and similar parts from Audi.
Old 27th March 2023, 13:38   #8173
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone ,

While I was waiting for my xuv700 AX7L D AT, I just got impatient and booked an Astor savvy CVT. Just about to take delivery.

My primary requirement is full ADAS L2. Usage will be 20% seven seater. 50% city. my wife would be driving it for 21 days a month and me 9 days. She is not used to driving big cars. I can do away with 5 seater I guess, since we have 4 cars. Xuv will cost me 26L OTR and Astor 18.5L OTR with discount. I believe running cost of Xuv diesel and Astor CVT would be same, considering the weight and size of the car. Also reading all the post regarding issues in XUV had put me in dilemma.

I would suggest driving both the cars back to back and if the budget permits then go for XUV 700. The AT variant of XUV 700 is really easy to drive.

I used to own a seltos and was looking for a replacement as I found it too uncomfortable during highway trips due to extremely stiff suspension so my next car needed to be comfortable to drive over long distance without compromising on handling.

With a budget of 20 to 25 lacs I went and took a test ride of ZS EV and I did not like the car at all. ZS EV's drive was very nervous. During the test ride I did not notice a particular speed bump on time and the car did not behave properly with me almost losing control of the car.

I went to mahindra to check out XUV. Since the car dealership is really close to my house I took the car on rough patches that I drive on almost daily near my house and I was impressed with the car.

I didnt drive Hector as I believe that the ride and handling would be similar to ZS EV which is somewhat corroborated by official review over here.

Couldnt get Harrier TD as the sales person "noped" out of the showroom looking at me wearing shorts on a sunday.

Also I can confirm that you can keep calling various dealerships and get a car sooner. I booked on 13th march 2023 and I am getting a car already from another dealership just be ready to compromise a little. I wanted AX5 D AT 7 seater but I am getting AX5 D AT 5 seater. All the money has been paid and just waiting for registration.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 13:39   #8174
BHPian

Quote:
They presented me with a price-list of the same. Upon returning home i went online to check what options are available. To my surprise, there is a significant difference between what price the showroom is selling versus the online Mahindra portal

I got my accessories from Sireesh Auto, Bengaluru. The prices for accessories were the same as m2All and they gave a 10% discount too. I hope, you can quote such examples to your dealer and negotiate.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 14:35   #8175
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone ,

Thank you Sandeep and Psbali. Another confusion I have is with Nexon MAX. I like the car but it’s a 3rd choice for my wife. I don’t mind compromising ADAS for its brilliant running costs, quiet and plush ride and the 80EEB savings. And I believe maintenance is also way less than ICE cars, due to regen braking( it’s a plus considering wife’s brake loving habit ). And my highway trips over 200 kms would be once is 2-3 months and not much.

I know all these cars are from different segments but fall under 18-26 lakh budget.

Thank you all

Most Viewed