Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2023, 14:20   #8191
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
It is available only in MT and not in AT, not even in L version; no idea why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
Are you sure this is due to AT variant and not due to the mobile OS platform? I always thought that the Android version of Adrenox Connect app showed trip mileage irrespective of the vehicle variant and the IOS version of the app did not. Maybe, I am wrong, but I would be curious to know if Vikash49 is using an Android or an IOS device.
I had the same questions earlier (Mahindra XUV700 Review). As quoted above, the Adrenox Connect App for AT, doesn't have the trip level FE display.

A temporary workaround to get that:
1) After completing the trip go to the Zip mode setting (Fun in XUV -> Zip Mode).
2) It displays the FE stats for the completed trip.

It gets reset for every trip and unfortunately, there is no logging of this stat. Neither in the car, nor in the phone app.
haribalram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 14:33   #8192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
A temporary workaround to get that:
1) After completing the trip go to the Zip mode setting (Fun in XUV -> Zip Mode).
2) It displays the FE stats for the completed trip.

It gets reset for every trip and unfortunately, there is no logging of this stat. Neither in the car, nor in the phone app.
Thanks @haribalram. So, this means the issue is not with the mobile platform on which the app is developed but more the variant of the vehicle connected via the app? Interesting! Sadly, this workaround would not work for AX7L P AT owners like me because there are no drive mode settings available to us
Old 30th March 2023, 17:50   #8193
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure this is due to AT variant and not due to the mobile OS platform? I always thought that the Android version of Adrenox Connect app showed trip mileage irrespective of the vehicle variant and the IOS version of the app did not. Maybe, I am wrong, but I would be curious to know if Vikash49 is using an Android or an IOS device.
I have an Android phone and AX7L P AT and still don't get this option. So it's not the platform but due to the variant that the feature is missing. Not sure why though
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 18:17   #8194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
my Adrenox App shows other details like max speed, alerts, etc but does not show the Fuel Economy of the last trip
P.S. Mine is an AX7 Petrol AT

Quote:
Interesting! Sadly, this workaround would not work for AX7L P AT owners like me because there are no drive mode settings available to us

Quote:
I have an Android phone and AX7L P AT and still don't get this option. So it's not the platform but due to the variant that the feature is missing. Not sure why though

Could it be that Mahindra intentionally disabled this option in the Petrol AT variants to prevent the owners from getting shocked by the single digit FE figures
vikash49 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 18:24   #8195
BHPian

Quote:
I have a AX7L DSL AWD AT and use the Adrenox application on iPhone. Here also the average fuel consumption is not shown.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-trip-details-29.03.2023-xuv.jpeg

Last edited by Vasuki : 30th March 2023 at 18:25.
Old 30th March 2023, 21:59   #8196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Could it be that Mahindra intentionally disabled this option in the Petrol AT variants to prevent the owners from getting shocked by the single digit FE figures
That is the most plausible explanation. The same/similar thing happened in the case of the MG Hector/+ Petrol AT version (the diesel MG does not have an AT). MG took out the avg fuel consumption altogether!. I am sure the SA had a hard time justifying this during a TD.

Last edited by kedar_GT : 30th March 2023 at 22:00. Reason: .
Old 31st March 2023, 12:17   #8197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
Need help with finding side step.

I took the M-TEK one with lights. the ground clearance got affected. when fully loaded most of the spped brakers are scraping them.

Appreciate if you can suggest side step with most ground clearance possible. Thanks in advance.
Go for the Mahindra's side step, i feel the width is sufficient enough for getting in and out. If you get one with lot of width, that might be another issue. I have got it installed and looks sleek and nice. Did not face issue with ground clearance until now.

Last edited by har_war_09 : 31st March 2023 at 12:23.
har_war_09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 12:49   #8198

I am considering an upgrade to XUV700 , but can push my current car for 2-3 more years , Couple of Questions in this context

1. What is current wait time for XUV700 Petrol top variants?
2. In general , Mahindra seems to have longer cycle for face-lifts and mid-life refreshes, any indications , which year XUV700 might get a face-lift / mid-life refresh?
Old 31st March 2023, 14:51   #8199
BHPian

Hey guys. I am a proud owner of an XUV 7OO P AT AX7L which has run close to 3000 kms since Dec'22. I started today morning from Delhi at 7:45am and reached my destination, Sawai Madhopur at 1pm. On the Mumbai Expressway, I was greeted by a yellow check engine light which disappeared spontaneously in about 15 minutes. The car was driving as usual. Called up the WYH helpline as soon as the light appeared and was told to drive till my destination and given the contact details of the nearest service center, Auto World in Sawai Madhopur. I was greeted warmly at the service centre and upon hooking up the scan tools, this was the result. There was no active error and I am advised to drive on as usual and told this that this probably could have been due to the rain we faced on the way to Rajasthan. Any insight?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20230331wa0004.jpg  

Old 31st March 2023, 17:11   #8200
BHPian

Guys, I recently got my XUV 700 AX7 D AT delivered and having a great time driving it. I have a question regarding the front camera. Although the AX7 variant has a front camera, I cannot locate an option in the infotainment system to activate it. I have attempted to use the physical camera button on the dashboard, but it only displays options for the rear camera.

My inquiry is whether it is possible to access the front camera to view what is in front of the vehicle, particularly while parking in tight spaces. If there are any AX7 owners who can provide insight on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Old 31st March 2023, 17:28   #8201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
Guys, I recently got my XUV 700 AX7 D AT delivered and having a great time driving it. I have a question regarding the front camera. Although the AX7 variant has a front camera, I cannot locate an option in the infotainment system to activate it. I have attempted to use the physical camera button on the dashboard, but it only displays options for the rear camera.

My inquiry is whether it is possible to access the front camera to view what is in front of the vehicle, particularly while parking in tight spaces. If there are any AX7 owners who can provide insight on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Congratulations on your new purchase. Wishing you lots and lots of happy miles. XUV 700 is a great VFM vehicle.
As far as front camera is concerned AX7 variant doesn't come with front camera. It only has rear camera.
AX7L comes with front camera as well as cameras on the sides since it has 360 degree view.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
HappyRoadie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 17:44   #8202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post

I am assuming when you say front camera, is it the one on windshield behind IRVM?
If so, thats the ADAS camera for lane keep assist and other ADAS functionality. That camera cannot be activated by you. The front camera for 360 degree camera for AX7L variant is on front grill below Mahindra logo.

Thanks
Sid
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 18:36   #8203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

For petrol MT & AT owners, you guys need to get your steeds inspected for T-Block connector installations on the GVV vent pipes and canister. If missing, it will be done free of cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I did check this with Service Center - they do not have anything listed against my 7OO at all. Unless they are rolling it out in batches, this isn’t true in my case. My car is Jan 2022 Mfg and AX7L AT AWD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Thank you! Is this recalls for petrol related to the issue some of us were facing were whole fuel was getting into canister? I see canister inspection in the shared job card too.
These quotes are from September last year. I surprisingly got a call from Anant Cars Bangalore today about t-block connector check pending on my petrol MT vehicle purchased last May.
So I am guessing this is a 'non-urgent' recall, and I can wait to get this done as part of the scheduled annual service in April end.

Can someone please describe what is exactly is the advisory about, what is the risk, and is there a problem with delaying this a month? I don't have any problems with the vehicle so far.
I see nothing listed against my vehicle VIN on the mahindra service action page.
dust-n-bones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 18:44   #8204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
I see nothing listed against my vehicle VIN on the mahindra service action page.
The typical silent and non-urgent recalls will never feature on this page - it’s only when dealer keys in your car number in their DMS, they see a recall. None of these really require urgent attention - so you are absolutely ok to do this on next visit - there is no need to panic or rush to ASC.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 19:54   #8205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Can someone please describe what is exactly is the advisory about, what is the risk, and is there a problem with delaying this a month?
T-block connector will be attached to the Gradient Vent Valve. XUV700 Petrol has an issue where fuel can get into evap canister when the tank is full and is driven on steep gradients. This can lead to engine getting switched off due to low speeds or perceivable loss in power. T-block connector prevents this.

I had faced this in April last year before the recall, and again this February as the ASC didn't perform this work on my car. As a precaution, you can leave about a 10litre space while refilling. Nevertheless, ask them about the weight of the canister while you get this work done. Sometimes, the symptoms are barely perceivable.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed