Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
463,259 views
Old 26th February 2022, 20:53   #166
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Noida
Posts: 18
Thanked: 69 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

One more point in favour of the stock CEAT Securadrive tyres is their 2.5 years' Unconditional warranty which I have used to great advantage shortly I after I bought the N Line in October last year.
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:52   #167
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 10
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Hi does anyone know if installing these will void the warranty?
https://www.amazon.in/Goshop-Waterpr...=Hyundai%3Ai20
ViperCDX is offline  
Old 4th March 2022, 21:17   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 55
Thanked: 85 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

We took delivery of N Line N6 iMT Titan Grey today. No fuss and pretty uneventful affair. Felt very anti climatic.

Took the car out for a spin. TPMS started blaring barely a few kms away from the dealer's place. Drove to nearby Shell, topped up the petrol and filled air at 33 psi.

We observed a fair amount of wobbling and jerkiness especially from the rear. Drove around a flyover and the wobbling was unbearable, we felt like we were being thrown around, worse than the 10 year old WagonR with faulty suspension that we had just parted company with The rear jumped with an awkward sound when I drove it over the apartment's speed breakers. Seriously hoping it is more of an alignment and balancing issue rather than something to do with the suspension.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_20220304_210501.jpg  

anandmv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 21:50   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,201
Thanked: 3,248 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperCDX View Post
Hi does anyone know if installing these will void the warranty?
https://www.amazon.in/Goshop-Waterpr...=Hyundai%3Ai20
I guess this requires wiring, so will definitely void electrical warranty
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 00:31   #170
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 14
Thanked: 88 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
We took delivery of N Line N6 iMT Titan Grey today. No fuss and pretty uneventful affair. Felt very anti climatic.

Took the car out for a spin. TPMS started blaring barely a few kms away from the dealer's place. Drove to nearby Shell, topped up the petrol and filled air at 33 psi.

We observed a fair amount of wobbling and jerkiness especially from the rear. Drove around a flyover and the wobbling was unbearable, we felt like we were being thrown around, worse than the 10 year old WagonR with faulty suspension that we had just parted company with The rear jumped with an awkward sound when I drove it over the apartment's speed breakers. Seriously hoping it is more of an alignment and balancing issue rather than something to do with the suspension.
Congratulations on your new ride. Coming to the wobbling issue, did you expereince it in a sweeping flyover with rumble strips ? If yes, then I have also felt it. Not only in my i20 N Line but my Brother-in-law's S-Cross as well. The car unsettles itself if you are making lane change on a rumble strip or if its seeping curve with rumble strips in between.

Seeing the KUN United sticker, i am assuming you are from Hyderabad. Correct me if I am wrong. Because I am from Hyderabad as well and bought my i20 N Line from Kun United as well.

Also, the matter of speed breakers, yes they do thud through sometimes, i guess its due to the stiff dampers. Just make sure to keep your tyre pressure 32-33 all the time, the tyres need some time to break in as well. You should feel less thudding post 1000 kms.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th March 2022 at 21:45.
Sportigo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 10:49   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

1200 km done , 1st service done as well.
I have to admit Iím enjoying the features in the car.

Out of 1200, the first 1000 was xp95 and I had to switch to the normal one because the pump ran out of 95. The mileage is an issue for me though, mostly dude to B2B traffic. I was averaging 10 for most parts on xp95, 11 on the normal one. I think the number maybe a bit skewed dude to the tyre change too.

The Pilot sport adds a good dimension to the car in terms of grip, it feels more placed in reasonably fast corners. So far so good, my main gripe is the ĎBoseí system which doesnít have much base. Might just have to add something in there.

Oh. door handle lights too ffs.
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 21:32   #172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 55
Thanked: 85 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportigo View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Coming to the wobbling issue, did you expereince it in a sweeping flyover with rumble strips ? If yes, then I have also felt it. Not only in my i20 N Line but my Brother-in-law's S-Cross as well. The car unsettles itself if you are making lane change on a rumble strip or if its seeping curve with rumble strips in between.
Seeing the KUN United sticker, i am assuming you are from Hyderabad. Correct me if I am wrong. Because I am from Hyderabad as well and bought my i20 N Line from Kun United as well.

Also, the matter of speed breakers, yes they do thud through sometimes, i guess its due to the stiff dampers. Just make sure to keep your tyre pressure 32-33 all the time, the tyres need some time to break in as well. You should feel less thudding post 1000 kms.
Thank you. Went on a fairly long drive today and you are right, the car needs some time to settle down. I also felt less nervous without wondering if that biker far behind is going to thud my car The initial juddering and jerkiness has lessed to a great extent. I am sticking to <2000 rpm for the first few thousand kms but the car does appear eager to climb up the rev scale. All in good time I suppose.

I am based out of Chennai and bought the car from the KUN OMR dealership.
anandmv is offline  
Old 7th March 2022, 10:13   #173
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 14
Thanked: 88 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
So far so good, my main gripe is the ĎBoseí system which doesnít have much base. Might just have to add something in there.
Regarding the bass from the Bose system or the subwoofer, did you try to tune the equalizer for mid bass and treble? There is one in the Sound settings of the infotainment system. Try that. It works for me. Even at high bass the sound isn't distorted or jittery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
Thank you. Went on a fairly long drive today and you are right, the car needs some time to settle down. I also felt less nervous without wondering if that biker far behind is going to thud my car The initial juddering and jerkiness has lessed to a great extent. I am sticking to <2000 rpm for the first few thousand kms but the car does appear eager to climb up the rev scale. All in good time I suppose.

I am based out of Chennai and bought the car from the KUN OMR dealership.
I can relate to that biker thing you shared.

Regarding the 2000 rpm limit, i think you can follow the break in mentioned in the user manual that during the first 1000 kms, you can keep it under 4k at all times and make sure to vary the rpm at all times for proper break in. Considering that, i feel its safe enough to cross 2k rpm atleast till 3k. I followed this and still managed to get decent efficiency of 10 - 12 kmpl in the city during the initial days.

MOD NOTE : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th March 2022 at 07:43. Reason: Mod note attached.
Sportigo is offline  
Old 7th March 2022, 12:04   #174
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 10
Thanked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
The Pilot sport adds a good dimension to the car in terms of grip, it feels more placed in reasonably fast corners..
Oh. door handle lights too ffs.
Hello, would u please shed some light on the tyre upgrade ( reasons, size, effect etc)
Also what do you mean by door handle lights!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportigo View Post
I can relate to that biker thing you shared.

Regarding the 2000 rpm limit, i think you can follow the break in mentioned in the user manual that during the first 1000 kms, you can keep it under 4k at all times and make sure to vary the rpm at all times for proper break in. Considering that, i feel its safe enough to cross 2k rpm atleast till 3k. I followed this and still managed to get decent efficiency of 10 - 12 kmpl in the city during the initial days.
Hi, i have one doubt regarding this break in period. The manual mentions that we should vary the speed and rpm during a drive and not keep it constant. But how is that possible in automatic? As soon as i change my speed the gear changes and rpm is basically stuck between 1500-1800 rpm no matter the speed.

Last edited by ajmat : 7th March 2022 at 18:00.
ViperCDX is offline  
Old 7th March 2022, 16:37   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportigo View Post
Regarding the bass from the Bose system or the subwoofer, did you try to tune the equalizer for mid bass and treble? There is one in the Sound settings of the infotainment system. Try that. It works for me. Even at high bass the sound isn't distorted or jittery.
I did test that out but it doesnít give that oomph that I was hoping it would. In all honesty, I donít know what to expect from a car speaker. Back in the day our Wagon R had a xplode system that would shake your bones a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportigo View Post
Regarding the bass from the Bose system or the subwoofer, did you try to tune the equalizer for mid bass and treble? There is one in the Sound settings of the infotainment system. Try that. It works for me. Even at high bass the sound isn't distorted or jittery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperCDX View Post
Hello, would u please shed some light on the tyre upgrade ( reasons, size, effect etc)
Also what do you mean by door handle lights!?

I went with Pilot sport 4 205/50 r16. I canít say I minded the original tyres too much but I was told it was a worthwhile upgrade. And it was. The main difference being how planted the car felt after the change.

By door handle lights, Iím hoping for some sort of light on the drive side door that shows all the buttons there. Itís kinda difficult for a first time owner like me to find all the buttons
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 18:18   #176
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 10
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
I went with Pilot sport 4 205/50 r16. I canít say I minded the original tyres too much but I was told it was a worthwhile upgrade. And it was. The main difference being how planted the car felt after the change.

By door handle lights, Iím hoping for some sort of light on the drive side door that shows all the buttons there. Itís kinda difficult for a first time owner like me to find all the buttons
Isnt 205/50 a downgrade?
Why not go with 205/55?
Also any reason preferring pilot sport over primacy?
Yeah i can understand your struggle
I did find luminous button stickers in AliExpress and dhgate.
Unfortunately AliExpress doesnt deliver in india but hoping dhgate will
ViperCDX is offline  
Old 7th March 2022, 21:52   #177
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 14
Thanked: 88 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperCDX View Post
Hi, i have one doubt regarding this break in period. The manual mentions that we should vary the speed and rpm during a drive and not keep it constant. But how is that possible in automatic? As soon as i change my speed the gear changes and rpm is basically stuck between 1500-1800 rpm no matter the speed.
Yea its a bit difficult in the DCT though. I have an IMT. But what you can do is keep it in sport mode at times that way the dct upshifts a bit late usually keeping you in the mid range more. There is one thing you can do and I also followed is sometimes when the road is empty ahead i used to give quick intermittent burst of acceleration that way the engine used to rev close 3.5k and then leave the throttle, it used to coast and the rpm used to come down thus varying. In your case it might upshift automatically still makes the same as upshifting will reduce the rpm. Also, the constant as per the manual means not driving a steady speed like some new drivers do, they keep a constant speed of 40 or 50 odd kmph and drive in that no changes. Those should be avoided for a proper break in. I would say drive a bit enthusiastically intially if you can and its all good.
Sportigo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 10:34   #178
Senior - BHPian
 
TusharK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 5,782
Thanked: 51,305 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Hyundai i20 N Line gets new colour options

Hyundai has made some changes to the i20 N Line colour palette.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-screenshot-20220308-102339.jpg

The i20 N Line is available in four single-tone colours, including Thunder Blue, Titan Grey, Polar White and a new Starry Night option. Fiery Red is no longer available as a single-tone option.

The dual-tone colour options have also been tweaked. Thunder Blue, Polar White and Fiery Red are available in combination with a Phantom Black roof.

The i20 N Line is a sportier version of the regular i20. It features side skirts with red accents and a roof spoiler. The car rides on 16-inch alloy wheels and has disc brakes on all four corners. It also gets specially tuned suspension and twin exhausts.

Under the bonnet, the i20 N Line comes with a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine that produces 118 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm @ 1,500-4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to either a 6-speed iMT or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

Thanks to Ahad for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 8th March 2022 at 10:37.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 13:25   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperCDX View Post
Isnt 205/50 a downgrade?
Why not go with 205/55?
Also any reason preferring pilot sport over primacy?
Yeah i can understand your struggle
I did find luminous button stickers in AliExpress and dhgate.
Unfortunately AliExpress doesnt deliver in india but hoping dhgate will
Itís not a downgrade per say. I felt the 205/50 was better suited for how I drive . If you want comfort , then primacy 4 is your best friend . For me , the pislot sport felt more planted. I do believe that the primacy lasts longer though so thatís worth consideration.
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 23:26   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

So far these 3 have been my most usable Accesories. I’m putting a brief review here in case anyone else finds use for these.


1. Phone stand : ESR Halolock MagSafe. I have the non charging one (more on that later), the best part of these is that it has a kick stand, so it can handle large phones on the AC vents. You can also set it up on the dashboard. I have two of these and set them directly on the 2 central vents. For non MagSafe phones, you can get a halolock ring for use with this. 0 issues in rowdy roads either.

Limited-time deal: ESR HaloLock MagSafe Car Phone Mount, Compatible with iPhone 13/13 Pro/13 mini/13 Pro Max/12/12 Pro/12 mini/12 Pro Max, Dashboard and Air Vent Phone Holder, Does Not Support Charging, Black https://www.amazon.in/dp/B092MNV6ZL/...QYHG0XSN2H50HQ


2. Spigen QC charger. I got this specifically for the usb c pd port that can enable fast charging in one port. This is why I did not get the halolock charging stand.

Spigen F31QC SteadiBoost 27W / 18W Designed for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 USB-C Car Charger - Black https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07VP3HLGW/...ing=UTF8&psc=1


3 . Neck Pillow : So comfortable for those relaxing drives.

Oshotto Memory Foam Car Neck Rest, Neck Support for All Cars (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07TY517JP/...ing=UTF8&psc=1


Upcoming plans:

1 . A second next pillow.
2 . I’m waiting for a quote from wrapstyle for some stickering and paint jobs.
3 . Will try to set up a diy blowoff valve in the coming weeks.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th March 2022 at 09:11. Reason: As requested. Please using "report post" functionality for future requests.
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks