Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2022, 17:56   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
I just checked, it is indeed 6J, but I think Michelin Sport does not come in 195 mm?
6J wheel can take 205 width tyre, should not be an issue
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 14:23   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
iMT users - A query:

How do you straddle switching between reverse and 1st gear in parking spaces? In 1st gear, the car starts creeping forward and I keep having to resort to handbrake, take a look at the surroundings and then maneuver the car accordingly or switch to reverse gear. And in tight parking space, there is barely any space to accommodate the creep distance.

I do not feel comfortable using the handbrake while car is still in gear (reverse or 1st) as the car is plastered with warning note on NOT to use brakes while switching gears.

Maybe this is a mental block/muscle memory thing after having driven/thrashed an MT all these years.

Any inputs would be appreciated.
I use the brakes directly to keep it steady from creeping back and forward in reverse and 1st gear respectively. Dont use the handbrake. The IMT system is designed to detect the application of brakes while in gear and thus prevent from clutch wear but not with handbrake. The system is not designed to detect the handbrake with gear. If you use the foot brake while in 1st and reverse gear is also linked to the hill hold feature which will be activated when brake is pressed fully for 2 - 3 seconds.

The sticker you are talking about is actually more sort like while the car is on the go. For example, assume you are driving in 2nd gear and then you want to shift to 3rd, newbies to the transmission will think or unconsciously hit the brake to shift, that should be avoided. That will damage the transmission. Same thing while slowing down also when in gear deceleration is applied. Apart from that you are good to go. Hope this helps.
Sportigo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 22:41   #198
Senior - BHPian

There was an N Line owner's meet in Bangalore held earlier this month. Sharing a few pics from the short meet taken by dhaneesh.shankar

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-n-line-owners-1.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-n-line-owners-2.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-n-line-owners-3.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-n-line-owners-4-1.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-n-line-owners-5-1.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-n-line-owners-6.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-n-line-owners-7.jpg
ChiragM is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 15:43   #199
BHPian

I test drove the i20 N line this morning and was impressed with the power delivery and the handling characteristics of the car. In early 2018 I had bought a Polo GT (DSG) and sold it back in 2019, now I've been seriously missing the driving fun of the Polo and hence considered to get the N Line purely for its fun driving and power.

If anybody could apprise if they have remapped the N Line? Any considerable increase to the power/torque?
Thanks.
Old 1st April 2022, 13:43   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hyundai-Kia are the masters of offering multiple variants for every car & we hope an i20 N Line MT is added to the line-up soon.
Actually these guys already have this combination in their line-up.
The Hyundai Venue, SX & SX(O) variant, is available in the 1.0 TGDi engine + Manual Gearbox combination. For this to be introduced in the i20 model-line, I guess it needs ARAI certification.
Old 2nd April 2022, 10:31   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
What is the width of the stock alloy? Is it 6J or is it 6.5J? Check user manual for the details.

Opt for 205mm if the alloy width is 6.5J else it is better to stick with 195mm from cost point of view.
Yes sir , it absolutely works with 205/55, I use pst 205/50.
I’m not sure if they have 195/55 pst but they do have primacy 4. Just a bit of a suggestion from my end, do consider upsizing if you are changing tires, the asthetic look itself is pleasing.
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 23:47   #202
BHPian

I recently checked out the N-Line and was mighty impressed with its driving dynamics and the overall looks of the cars - red inserts are tastefully done.

However, one sore thing which sticks out the most is the rear wheel cladding, or the lack of!

Road noise + exposed wires.. wouldn't the exposed rear brake line as highlighted below be at risk of getting cut by vandals and pose a serious safety concern? Both my current cars(Polo and Fabia) come with a full rear wheel cladding.

For a hatchback costing over 14L on road Mumbai, blatant cost cutting of this magnitude does not sit well with me and has drove me away for what was otherwise an extremely potent alternative to my ageing Fabia. I hope Hyundai adds this 'feature' in future iterations of the car.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-i20nline_brakeline.png
vagman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 17:01   #203
BHPian

Thoroughly enjoying the new set of wheels. Still completing the running in - did 2 drives recently. Mumbai - Shirdi and Mumbai - Kolad.
  • Car is a head-turner. I guess it's the brilliant flashy Blue color with tastefully done Red accents and the twin exhausts at the rear. I noticed people actually walking upto the car and talking about the exhaust while we were having breakfast on Mumbai Goa highway
  • In built navigation and maps are quite decent and I even found the turn by turn navigation audio instructions are more detailed than Google Maps. Whereas you'll need Google maps to find very remote places and small hotels etc. So Google Maps are used only when required.
  • Still getting used to to the over sensitive brakes which sometimes makes the passengers feel a sudden jerk. I don't know if it's just me or others have experienced the same thing.
  • Finding power window switches/OVRM switches on driver side door in dark is a pain. Why no backlit switches Hyundai?
  • Sport mode + Paddle shifters = Super fun! Ear to ear grin guaranteed.
  • Encountered some really bad speed-breakers in both these journeys but did not face any issue with ground clearance.

Sharing a few pictures shot during the Sunday morning drive

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1702.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1705.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1700.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1698.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th April 2022 at 08:00. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
Ketan_R15 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 06:39   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post
  • Finding power window switches/OVRM switches on driver side door in dark is a pain Why no backlit switches Hyundai?
HA! So it’s not just me!! , my search is continuing for a tiny white light that I can attach to the right side.

I’ll get my baby back today, getting a 360 DHC camera installed. Got my first scratch over the weekend and I couldn’t sleep for a day. Bumper to bumper traffic, was just still on the road and someone decides to get a bit too close on his scooter. Didn’t even stop to say sorry but it is what it is, thankfully it’s limited and will cost 2.9k after tax for fixing.

The camera comes in around 30k. Honestly I’ve just been addicted to how good the car feels in my hand, which is lovely for the heart but a stab on my wallet.

And I’m low-key enjoying the compliments 😅 the wide tires especially get a few questions from other enthusiasts..
icestrok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 17:46   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
I’ll get my baby back today, getting a 360 DHC camera installed.
Do update your experience, if possible. Primarily I want to know if the display comes in the default 10.2 screen or not.

And what is a good dashcam for the car?
Old 9th April 2022, 07:54   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Do update your experience, if possible. Primarily I want to know if the display comes in the default 10.2 screen or not.

And what is a good dashcam for the car?

Alright .. so I’ve been using it for the last few days.
PRO:
1. It’s clearer than the default rear cam
2. No more blind spots, it’s really clear to define the sides.
3. Since I got it installed from Hyundai, I didn’t have to change the Console. They have the coupler required to install dhc into the current console.

Con:
1. The line system that you see in the default rear cam is missing (yellow/red) it’s just two parallel green lines , it’s cleaner but I kinda grew into that grid type look.
2. First start, the cam takes 3-5 seconds to engage where as the default one was quicker. This is fine but worried me a bit initially.

Damages 30k. Locally I was quoted 27k but they would need to change the console which was a no go from me.

Regarding the console, I do have a query if someone knows this. While I’m driving sometimes I press the phone button on the steering and call someone after the call, I can’t revert to the Home Screen from the steering. Is there a way to achieve that ? I always need to go to the console and touch home.
icestrok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 15:09   #207
BHPian

I really love the package of this car. The only thing I wish they added is the 60:40 split seats.
Old 14th April 2022, 12:12   #208
BHPian

Got the N Line N8 DCT delivered home yesterday in red/black. It looks surprisingly good in this colour combo. Went today and changed tyres to Michelin Pilot Sport with 205/50R16. Car feels even better with the tyres. Followed Icestrok's advice on the tire upsize. It's a lower margin of error, -1.2 percent vs having 205/55 which is +2%. And ride seems better. I don't think break in matter for modern cars. Maybe back in the day. But yeah, initial 1200km maybe prudent to back off the revolutions a bit. The exhaust system could use an upgrade, bit quiet. Also, the issue with back lit lights for the windows and other buttons would have been great. That's a big miss. Atleast we should get the option to pay extra and get it.
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 07:16   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
Alright .. so I’ve been using it for the last few days.

Regarding the console, I do have a query if someone knows this. While I’m driving sometimes I press the phone button on the steering and call someone after the call, I can’t revert to the Home Screen from the steering. Is there a way to achieve that ? I always need to go to the console and touch home.
I think you can program the star key to go back to home.

My dealership has no idea about a 3d camera. Perhaps some pics and which camera you installed etc can help?
Old 18th April 2022, 12:38   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
I think you can program the star key to go back to home.

My dealership has no idea about a 3d camera. Perhaps some pics and which camera you installed etc can help?
Here you go kind sir:

I will send some pictures later, kinda tied up with for a few days.
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks