Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 14:33   #316
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
Looks like an Oris Aquis to me. That deep blue dial is unmistakeable. Might be wrong though
That is the Tissot T-Sport Seastar 2000 Professional Powermatic 80.
Quite a mouthful but a great watch!
sidbp is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 18:17   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Excellent review, fuel consumption will improve after 5000 km. Off the topic, what is the watch you're wearing in the last picture ?
Have crossed 2100 kms and it stands at 11.4kmpl. Hope it stays double digits in daily usage scenarios. The watch in frame is the Tissot seastar 2000 powermatic 80.

Thanks!
TurboBiscuit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 12:26   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
Looks like an Oris Aquis to me. That deep blue dial is unmistakeable. Might be wrong though
I too thought it looked like an Oris Aquis but turns out Tissot makes amazing daily divers too. The dial colour is just, wow !!! I myself flaunt a blue dial Seiko Prospex SPB053. Thanks guys for the confirmation.

Back to topic, I've heard the Dual clutch boxes require a few thousand km to open up and adapt to your driving style, which in turn helps your average Fuel consumption. 11.4 km/L is pretty good if you have a dynamic driving style given the power output of your car.
Wish you a pleasant experience and safe kilometres
Harsha89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 19:46   #319
BHPian

Mod note: Post trimmed, please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBiscuit View Post
Greetings, fellow members and readers!
====
Please forgive me for any errors on the thread, this is my first attempt at an ownership review, hoping to pen down many more as the years pass.

When you say maintenance of Swift had increased after 1 lac kms, can you tell me how much was the exact amount? I too have a swift and am planning to keep it for next few years so just curious.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th April 2023 at 19:50.
Draunzer21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 12:02   #320

Has anyone got BS6-II RDE compliant i20 nline ? If yes, how to identify one ? any change on form-22 or engine look ? Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 07:38   #321
BHPian

Finally picked up the Mrs’s i20 N-Line N8 DCT in Thunder Blue. Been travelling so haven’t really been able to explore the car. Will put up my observations soon once I clock some kms on it.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-f123894c96fd4669abc1aec18c829c35.jpeg

And here she is with her elder sibling
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-f9ac19776f094e60af314611691a56c4.jpeg
drhoneycake is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 15:25   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draunzer21 View Post
Mod note: Post trimmed, please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

When you say maintenance of Swift had increased after 1 lac kms, can you tell me how much was the exact amount? I too have a swift and am planning to keep it for next few years so just curious.
The swift requires a suspension overhaul along with replacing engine mounts as well, all of which I didn’t understand as it was driven rather peacefully along city roads.
TurboBiscuit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 20:26   #323

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_5682.jpeg

I’m confused with respect to the mileage of my car, I tracked it using Fuelly app on a tank to tank basis and it gave me an approximate tank to tank range of 390-400 kms with an average of 9.8-10kmpl but the in car MID states a full tank range of 580-600 kms with an average of 11.5-11.8kmpl.
Why the large fluctuation? Can fellow n line dct owners share their fuel efficiency? It would really help me geta better understanding of the how and why if this rather large discrepancy.

A difference of 150-180kms on tank distance to empty isn’t small and it really scratches the corner of my brain in a rather annoying manner.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_5683.jpeg
Old 9th June 2023, 14:10   #324
BHPian

Hello folks,

It has been a largely uneventful experience of a year and a half with our NLine i20 N6 iMT. I haven't pushed the car to its limits in terms of endurance, speed or otherwise since we bought it. The driving has been confined to city and suburbs. The speed alarms have seldom had cause to squeal. Except for the odd TPMS warning (I think it is a multiversal unit and I am driving around with damaged tyres in a parallel universe, the TPMS being what it is, is sounding its warning in this universe) that only the service center has found a way to quell, and a suspension that can switch between boat, car and plane mode on its own, the experience has been comfortable.

Except that it stalled bang in the middle of the road within the city one afternoon this week. We were able to push it to a side street. Check Engine light was on. We thought it was a fuel issue (although there was sufficient fuel in the tank). Invoked RSA. The guy took one looks inside and claimed, faulty fuel pump. 4th i20 with the same problem he had seen.

We had it towed to nearby service center. This was two days ago. Got confirmation today that it is indeed fuel pump, will be covered under warranty and will likely arrive mid next week.

We were planning an outstation this weekend and I have been swinging between cursing myself for losing out on that and thanking heavens for the problem manifesting beforehand within city instead of being stranded somewhere on the highway. And this happened while I was with friends so everyone was zen about it. One of them is looking to trade in his 10 year old WagonR and our topic of discussion, unsurprisingly enough was about cars he was evaluating. i20 was there in his top 5 but I suspect all Hyundai cars have slipped out of his top 10 now.

Both the RSA guy and the service center guy vaguely alluded to a manufacturing defect. Is that the case? Ever since I read about the fuel pump issue months ago on this forum, I have been sticking to Shell fuel and do refill while there is still sufficient fuel left in the tank. Is it a manufacturing defect then? And how can I prevent a recurrence? Any guidance would be appreciated.
anandmv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 12:23   #325
BHPian

I took delivery of the Hyundai N Line DCT in thunder blue shade a few days ago. Here are a few photos. As it was really hot and sultry outside i was not able to take more photos.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-image0.jpeg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-image1.jpeg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-image2.jpeg
chase_nt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 23:44   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
Except that it stalled bang in the middle of the road within the city one afternoon this week. We were able to push it to a side street. Check Engine light was on. We thought it was a fuel issue (although there was sufficient fuel in the tank). Invoked RSA. The guy took one looks inside and claimed, faulty fuel pump. 4th i20 with the same problem he had seen.
This happened with our i20 N8 DCT as well. Shame that Hyundai hasn't issued a recall for this notorious fuel pump.

My service centre changed the pump right away as we wouldn't be able to return home otherwise. Kudos to them for supporting us through that experience.

Sharing pic of my car getting on a tow truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_20230628_233927_319.jpg  

pepega is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 06:30   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepega View Post

My service centre changed the pump right away as we wouldn't be able to return home otherwise. Kudos to them for supporting us through that experience.
Sorry to hear that, I've bought an N8 DCT too a few days ago & only reading about the frequent fuel pump failures now.

Looks like you're based in Goa, did you take the car to Alcon or Goa Hyundai?

Also, did they have the fuel pump in stock or did it take a few days to arrive ?

After reading about the fuel pump issues I'm getting visions of me getting stuck in the rains and waiting for RSA to come to the rescue !
Old 29th June 2023, 06:43   #328
BHPian

Quote:
This happened with our i20 N8 DCT as well. Shame that Hyundai hasn't issued a recall for this notorious fuel pump.

This is really bad. I agree.Hyundai should proactively issue a recall, replace fuel pumps during service. What is the manufacturing date of your car? Just wondering if its a specific lot or cars with this issue or if its across the board.
Old 29th June 2023, 07:36   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
This is really bad. I agree.Hyundai should proactively issue a recall, replace fuel pumps during service. What is the manufacturing date of your car? Just wondering if its a specific lot or cars with this issue or if its across the board.
It's a January 2022 manufactured model, if I'm not wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTsi View Post
Looks like you're based in Goa, did you take the car to Alcon or Goa Hyundai? Also, did they have the fuel pump in stock or did it take a few days to arrive ?
The RSA is supposed to take you to the nearest dealership, which should have been Alcon Hyundai, since we broke down south of Margao. However, the truck driver drove the extra few kilometres till Goa Hyundai in Verna, because he said they'll have the part in stock being a much bigger dealership (whereas Alcon would keep us waiting for a couple of days). When we were getting the car off the truck, I tipped him sneakily for his quick thinking.

I was in touch with the Goa Hyundai service manager as soon as the car broke down. So when we reached there, they had three people working on our car within five minutes. They're really good guys at Goa Hyundai, I've always been happy with them. Kudos to them we were back on the road in ~2 hours.

Congratulations on your new car! Except for that one day, it's been a fuss-free experience with our car. As far as I can tell, the Bajaj Allianz RSA is excellent. So I'll still keep taking trips with my car. Also, it's my only car so it's not like I have a choice.

Attaching pic of the faulty part.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_20230629_073202_834.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 29th June 2023 at 08:22. Reason: Inserting picture
pepega is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 12:59   #330
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry about your ordeal. Great to see the prompt response from SC. Mine took a few days as the part had to be ordered.

It is galling that a formal recall has not been ordered. Is there a threshold of incidents needed to occur for a recall to be triggered?
anandmv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks