Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2021, 13:29   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
I am just back from test driving the N8 DCT and really liked it. This is coming from an ex T-Jet owner. I just felt that it needed fatter rubber, but which size tires would go best with the stock alloys?

Taking a second look at the IMT before taking a call.
Regarding the tyre upgrade, you could get a set of 205/50 R16 Michelin Pilot Sport 4/4ST if you can find them. Nothing else compares, in my opinion.

Also, don't bother with the iMT. Just get the DCT and enjoy the drive!
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 01:11   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
I am just back from test driving the N8 DCT and really liked it. This is coming from an ex T-Jet owner. I just felt that it needed fatter rubber, but which size tires would go best with the stock alloys?
I upgraded my 5th gen City's tyres to Continental UC6 and I am mighty impressed by the difference they brought in the car from stock tyres that was provided by Honda.

I was also looking to get a second car - hatchback for my wife. Took test drives of all the cars but Polo comfortline TSI appealed the most to me and her. Automatic gearbox, solid build quality and great handling capabilities in a sub 10 lac budget.
I took test drive of i20 - turbo , I felt it wasn't as snappy and as good of a handler as polo was.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 01:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Also, don't bother with the iMT. Just get the DCT and enjoy the drive!
Most seem to be against iMT. How is it so bad. Typically hyundai gearboxes are among the most smooth shifting ones. So without a clutch, isn't it as much fun and yet super convinient. Is the difference as much as a AMT vs a full automatic.
Old 21st October 2021, 04:52   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I took test drive of i20 - turbo , I felt it wasn't as snappy and as good of a handler as polo was.
Thanks. Yes, I am pretty sure the tyres will make a difference in the Nline as well.

The Polo is a better performing and handling car. However, the Nline is better than the i20 Turbo. It, in fact, does not feel like a Hyundai. The stiffer suspension and weighted steering wheel makes the Nline feels sportier.

The Nline is around 2 lacs more expensive than the Polo with a lot of features. It is just an overall better package. After 2 or 3 years, the Polo, which already has started looking old, will look even older. The interiors of the Nline makes a sea of difference.

Between the two, I decided to stretch and get the Nline.
johy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 05:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Most seem to be against iMT. How is it so bad. Typically hyundai gearboxes are among the most smooth shifting ones. So without a clutch, isn't it as much fun and yet super convinient. Is the difference as much as a AMT vs a full automatic.
I have been driving my i20 IMT turbo for last 6 months. I feel that the gearshift is not smooth and snappy. There is a bit of a lag when changing gears and even when shifting to 1st from N.
Yes it is very convenient to drive in B2B traffic and at the same time allows you to choose your gear in other driving conditions, giving you that much more control.
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 13:21   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Why I am personally against it is because it simply doesn’t work with this particular car.

As mentioned already, the gear shifts are not smooth and not fast enough. The lag between shifts is very evident. It just does not suit the ‘N’ ethos of the car.

The iMT is perfectly acceptable, if the car is a pure basic commuter A-to-B car. Not in a car like the N-Line.
suhaas307 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 00:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I just hope, it is reliable and would suggest people buying to get the max warranty coverage available.
Max warranty is 5 years only.
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:11   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20 N Line vs Volkswagen Polo GT TSI comparison - Link

Name:  20211012122156_i20_Polo_lead_2.jpg
Views: 2432
Size:  64.4 KB

Quote:
The Polo GT TSI has the punchier engine and remains a fun drive, and also has the significant price advantage with its Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom) price tag.
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-smartselect_20211023122756_chrome.jpg
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-smartselect_20211023121011_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The Hyundai i20 N Line DCT is loaded with features, is spacious and user-friendly, and generally works for keen drivers, and as a family car alike.
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-smartselect_20211023121130_chrome.jpg

Quote:
We had set about to find the more entertaining hatchback and we have a winner in the Hyundai i20 N Line.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd October 2021 at 12:29.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:25   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai i20 N Line vs Volkswagen Polo GT TSI comparison
So in the competition to find the most entertaining hatchback, i20 N Line was slower throughout, pricier but still the winner?
ashis89 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:05   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
So in the competition to find the most entertaining hatchback, i20 N Line was slower throughout, pricier but still the winner?
If I may weigh in - outright speed does not necessarily translate to the most fun package.

The Polo is good, and admittedly the faster car. But the i20 N-Line is the more complete fun package. (never thought I'd ever say these words )
suhaas307 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 01:33   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Regarding the tyre upgrade, you could get a set of 205/50 R16 Michelin Pilot Sport 4/4ST if you can find them. Nothing else compares, in my opinion.
My N Line DCT got delivered yesterday with “Nexen” tires whereas yours seems to be Ceat Securatyre. Is this normal?

Btw this is my first car. Will post an ownership review soon and also an introductory post of myself as I recently joined Team BHP!
iNLine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 09:36   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNLine View Post
My N Line DCT got delivered yesterday with “Nexen” tires whereas yours seems to be Ceat Securatyre. Is this normal?

Btw this is my first car. Will post an ownership review soon and also an introductory post of myself as I recently joined Team BHP!
That is cool, especially for your first car! Many congratulations. I picked up my N8 DCT yesterday in blue-black. I look forward to your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNLine View Post
Mine are Ceat. My car was fresh out of the oven, manufacture date of 23rd Oct and only 9 km on the odo. It is still in shipping mode though. Wonder how I can turn it off.

I also wanted to confirm with you if you got the full owner's manual or not.

I received a service booklet and a quick start guide, but not the full manual (which is downloadable on the Hyundai website). The Sales associate told me the car is only coming with these two papers viz., the service booklet (which has some instructions) and the quick start guide.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st October 2021 at 12:23. Reason: Back to back posts.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:00   #73
BHPian

I got my i20 N Line N8 delivered last Monday (25/10), and have covered 747 beautiful kilometers in it so far. It is shodded with Ceat tyres which are easily one of the weakest link in an otherwise well rounded, "practical-performance oriented" car.

I was provided the manual + service booklet (basically the PDF print of the manual on their website), as well as the infotainment unit QRG.

However, the dealership is woefully untrained on the features and voice commands, and they were very candid to admit it

Planning to write a detailed review post the first service.
Wageabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:56   #74
BHPian

Our N line N8 DCT (Dual tone) is here. My BIL booked on 11 Sep, PDI done on 15 Oct and we took delivery on 22 Oct with HSRP plates fixed

Showroom folks (Popular Hyundai) were kind enough to route the dashcam cable via A pillar prior to the delivery.

Also, we had pre booked the tyres Continental UC6 205/55 R16. Hence we immediately rushed to the tyre store post delivery to get them swapped.

Im in love with suspension setup, steering feedback and exhaust

Will post feedback after some 300 kms or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-91a08342152d4d84a44925892b2d9534.jpeg  

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 2nd November 2021 at 13:01.
Prodigy07 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 19:33   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post

I was provided the manual + service booklet (basically the PDF print of the manual on their website), as well as the infotainment unit QRG.
Congrats. But this manual-service booklet is one book right? Because I noticed the pdf on the site is much more detailed than the manual-service book provided.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks