Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 16:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Congratulations!
I have 2 questions:
  • Are i20 N Line readily available in Bangalore?
  • Did you get any year end discounts?
I can answer this. I have booked IVT Asta in November and still waiting for allotment. The dealers are not getting much cars from Hyundai. However the dealer was pushing me for N line since couple of weeks as they have around 6 units in stock (IMT, DCT, N8 and N6). It’s same with other dealers too. So yes, Nline you can get it immediately. I did not go for it as my requirement is pure automatic to be driven only in heavy Bangalore traffic.
No Hyundai discount on N Line. Only regular IMT and Manual cars have some discount. But you can work out some 10 to 15k dealer discount
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 20:03   #92

Have owned a Titan Grey N8 DCT for almost two(2) months now and here is a short ownership review. Shall try to be as transparent as possible. First, a short background of the reviewed as well as the reviewer. The car was bought as the primary family car, the other one in the family is a Maruti Ignis. The N Line was required as I live in Delhi-NCR and had to sell (....actually give away / got only 2.3 lakhs - expected much more) my 10-year old Skoda Yeti (4X2 Diesel). I am the "Uncle Ashok" of the house (see Suhaas' original review)....first drove a car at over 40 years of age but later went on to become a fan of Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear UK) whose video, where he actually lands a helicopter on a Skoda Yeti prompted my purchase of the Yeti ten years back....much beyond my purchasing capacity at that time. The other drivers in the house are my two sons and a daughter-in-law .

(1) Bought the car at a "reasonable" on-road price of 12.8 lakhs (including a cash discount of 30k and only third party insurance at 6k , thinking that the geofencing feature will prevent thefts and sensible driving will prevent accidents). No accessories - using floor mats of my earlier car.

(2) From the first day the car had three major niggles - Airbag warning light permanently on, rear right door remaining unlocked and tyre pressures close to 50 psi.

(3) Took up with Hyundai at a senior level and the problems were resolved quickly. After the initial characteristic reluctance of the dealership, I started receiving calls from three(3) 'obsequious' service centres almost every hour. On inquiring , a local Hyundai official told me that they had prepared a Plan A, Plan B and ....I suspect a Plan C also. At the service centre I received chocolates, free mudflaps, an unusually large flower bouquet and a big box file with a print out of the entire N Line Operation Manual which is downloadable from Hyundai website (I had asked for a hard copy of the manual in my complaint to Hyundai).

My basic question to Hyundai , however, still remains unanswered.....how did these major defects go unnoticed at the factory as well as at the dealership ?

(4) Considered upgrading the tyres . Inquired with Michelin and discussed about the low traction rating ( 'B' on the stock CEAT tyres) with local CEAT representatives but was undecided about the wisdom of upgrading for my type of use of the N Line. A rather amusing response I received from a tyre company official was that apart from the week and year of manufacture (3121 in my case) , ALL other markings were company "codes" and the end user need not 'bother' about them at all ! Michelin was ambivalent first and then said I could go ahead with Pilot Sport 4 but I do realise that such technical queries are answered at the Call centre level and not by experts.

(5) However, a few days back while getting the tyre pressures checked at a petrol pump late in the night, the 'hawaa walaa' suddenly "discovered" two punctures in the front left tyre which was perfectly fine moments before ! This is a major malpractice going on in Delhi-NCR these days . It is then that the CEAT Unconditional 2.5 years' warranty came to my rescue and the company promptly replaced the 'defective' tyre....no questions asked !!! So the stock Securadrive tyres are going to continue on my N line notwithstanding their low traction rating. The CEAT dealer who replaced the tyre , however, confidently told me they would last "ek laakh kilometer" which makes me a bit scary.....I may not have a chance to ride on ugraded tyres at all ! On a serious note , however, the N Line overseas ride on Hancook Ventus Prime 3 while the N Performance ride on Pirelli P Zero. For the duration the spare wheel was fitted on the car , there was a TPMS error on display which went away as soon as the new tyre went in position.

(6) Did not find any noticeable difference between normal petrol and RON 95 (IOC XP 95). Intend to fill RON 100 ( IOC XP 100) at least once because I understand that there is a substantial improvement in N line performance with this petrol.

(7) The car has clocked 3600 km mainly in Delhi-NCR traffic and I am confident that a consistent fuel efficiency of 13-14 kmpl with AC in city is achievable.

(8) All members in the family are extremely happy except my wife who hates 'hatchbacks' and misses the ingress/egress , comfort , practicality , quality of materials and, in general, "capabilities" of the Yeti . I quickly go on to remind her that during the Yeti's ownership , ecstasies and agonies came in almost equal measures ! I personally, however, think height adjustable front passenger seats and front parking sensors on the N line would have made it a more complete package and long term ownership of a Hyundai (especially its DCT and those hi tech features ) is unknown to this first time Hyundai owner. The seats may seem comfortable but may not actually be so on long drives - would also have preferred good quality fabric seats over the leatherette ones . Lack of underbody protection is also a cause of my concern.

(9) My son has taken the car to Allahabad and back (700 km one way) and has found the drive stress free , very enjoyable and was all praises for the cruise control.
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 15:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
I’m getting my i20 n line in 1 week. Still trying to get the titan grey colour. Second option is white.
This is my first car (I’m in my early 30s), is there something I need to keep in mind while taking delivery ? Like a PDI checklist or something specific to the i20. I’m sorry if this is not the right place to post . I’ve been hovering this forum for years imagining when my turn would come and it’s almost here ☺️
Congratulations, Icestrok.

Please follow the link to the PDI checklist put together by Team BHP. I have utilized it myself for both my car deliveries, and find it to be an excellent tool to keep the dealers honest.

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Congratulations!
I have 2 questions:
  • Are i20 N Line readily available in Bangalore?
  • Did you get any year end discounts?
One advice I have is, if they are promising free accessories like floor mat, ask them for details. They may give accessories for namesake which is of inferior quality which you won't feel like using (happened to me when I bought an i20 Elite)
I had to wait for my N Line for a good 1.5 months, before being delivered to me during the last week of October. The situation may have changed in BLR since then (saw a few unregistered N Lines parked at Trident KR Puram when I went for first service two weeks ago).

At the time of booking, both Trident and Advaith denied any discounts.

Re: the accessories, they will push for Fragrance, Keychain, Neck and rear bench pillows, Organizer, Car cleaning kit along with the N Line branded floor mats calling them with some fancy name such as 'essential kit' or something. These were not forced on to us, however, the Accessories guy did try to hard-sell other stuff such as chrome kit, air purifier (Yes! The N Line omits the Air-purifier as opposed to the standard Asta model!!!), and Dash-cam.

However, the N Line branded floor mats are brilliant and feel premium. Much better than the rubber mats I got with my Ritz in 2014 which are still working fine. I've never changed mats in my Ritz since so they are my reference point - however, I do feel the ones with N Line branding are really good - so much so that sometimes I take off my chappals and just put my foot on them for the feeling

Last edited by Aditya : 14th December 2021 at 19:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Wageabond is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 09:46   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
Congratulations, Icestrok.

Please follow the link to the PDI checklist put together by Team BHP. I have utilized it myself for both my car deliveries, and find it to be an excellent tool to keep the dealers honest.

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list
Thank You ! I’ve bookmarked this . I’m expecting delivery either tomorrow or the day after. I’ll have it with me for a day before I take her to get some work done. I’ve shortlisted feynlab ceramic ultra (5 years) , 7D floor mats, front/rear dash cam and underbody coating for a first stage upgrade. Hoping to add pilot sport in the near future. Living in Kochi and getting my first car gives me a good idea of why my friends where telling me how easy it is to get good work done on your car here.
Old 14th December 2021, 11:12   #95

Quote:
Thank You ! I’ve bookmarked this . I’m expecting delivery either tomorrow or the day after. I’ll have it with me for a day before I take her to get some work done. I’ve shortlisted feynlab ceramic ultra (5 years) , 7D floor mats, front/rear dash cam and underbody coating for a first stage upgrade. Hoping to add pilot sport in the near future. Living in Kochi and getting my first car gives me a good idea of why my friends where telling me how easy it is to get good work done on your car here.
Heartiest Congratulations ! Keep us informed about your upgrades - especially about the Pilot Sport 4.

During delivery, be sure to take the car for a short drive (start the delivery process early in the day as it takes time) , a demo of the features (you may find that the SA actually knows only some of them), check for any error messages , for tyre pressures , get the Bluelink activated and , even if malpractices are unlikely in your area .....get down from the car whenever you fill air or petrol !

Last moment 'pressures' from dealers is common....in my case they said that because of the a Hyundai Corporate audit which was in progress , I would have to pay the 30k discount they had offered which will be 'refunded' to me at a later date. I walked off and they changed their mind. Please also ask the dealer on the basis of which document will the IT department refund the TCS being paid by you at the time of purchase.

Best wishes .
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 21:29   #96
BHPian

Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Sengupta View Post

(5) However, a few days back while getting the tyre pressures checked at a petrol pump late in the night, the 'hawaa walaa' suddenly "discovered" two punctures in the front left tyre which was perfectly fine moments before ! This is a major malpractice going on in Delhi-NCR these days .
This is so rampant malpractice that I have stopped getting any punctured tyre repaired or air filled from these fellows. I have got a puncture kit and a tyre inflator to fill the air and to repair the punctures.

This problem is particularly noticeable when tyres are new.

Last edited by NH08 : 14th December 2021 at 21:32.
Old 15th December 2021, 18:05   #97
BHPian

Quote:

( At the service centre I received chocolates, free mudflaps, an unusually large flower bouquet and a big box file with a print out of the entire N Line Operation Manual which is downloadable from Hyundai website (I had asked for a hard copy of the manual in my complaint to Hyundai).

It is then that the CEAT Unconditional 2.5 years' warranty came to my rescue and the company promptly replaced the 'defective' tyre....no questions asked !!! So the stock Securadrive tyres are going to continue on my N line notwithstanding their low traction rating.
Many congratulations on your new car. I quite like mine and booked mine right away after test driving one. The dealer I booked with did not have the blue-black combo and said one month. The other dealer called me up a few days later and said they had just received one. It had 7 kms on the odo, and I drove her right home after getting the finances in place.

I did point out to the showroom that the manual provided is skimpy compared to the one on the website - but have not pursued getting it all printed from them - I think Hyundai should provide the entire book. The showroom people, in fact, don't seem to aware of this discrepancy.

The CEAT warranty, that you mention, is that standard for the car? Or something you got extra? I would love to hear more details on this one.
Old 15th December 2021, 19:15   #98

It is a standard CEAT Unconditional Warranty (called Policy K) whose details are available on the website . This is over and above the standard Manufacturing Warranty Policy given by all manufacturers . Only 50/- were charged as CEAT administrative charges and the dealer charged 150/- for fitting the new tyre . I insisted on balancing before fitting for which the CEAT dealer charged 100/-. Total cost to me 300/-.

Interestingly , the Policy says "shoulder and sidewall damages where no repair is sustainable" - this clause is an eye opener for many of us who struggle with shoulder and sidewall repairs on otherwise good tyres.

Regarding the manual , the showrooms do not get any printed book from Hyundai , that is true. The large box file I received along with the bouquet as an "ex-gratia" offering , is not very convenient either . A printed manual like other manufacturers give is the best.

My car had only 6 km on the odo and I was pleasantly surprised .
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 22:33   #99
BHPian

Quote:
(5) However, a few days back while getting the tyre pressures checked at a petrol pump late in the night, the 'hawaa walaa' suddenly "discovered" two punctures in the front left tyre which was perfectly fine moments before ! This is a major malpractice going on in Delhi-NCR these days
Congratulations on the new ride. Although you ought to elaborate on this malpractice for the forum members. It'll go a long way in protecting us all
Old 16th December 2021, 23:48   #100
BHPian

Took delivery today. Odo had 30km on it which was a bit higher than expected , I had to have them drive it down from the city showroom to the one in my town which would have been around 13 km or so.

Everything was done relatively quickly, I had a chance to do pdi yesterday, took a quick drive around town as well. I did find an issue with the driver side door, seems to require an unnecessary amount of strength to close it. If that keeps up I will check with the service centre. They said it was normal but I don’t feel too safe as it could leave the car door opened without us really knowing. Compared to the creta this really required more effort to close. If any of the current owners have an input on this I’ll be glad to hear that.

Absolutely love the titan grey Color. Accessories where on the low side as I’ve already contacted someone else for the same. I’ll be travelling to the neighbouring district tomorrow to start the work on the car.

Feynlab ceramic coating
Front n rear dash cam
3m underbody
7D floor mat

I’ll have it back by Wednesday. Also booked Pilot sports , they will take my ceats and fix everything up next week. I did think about going for primacy 4 st in the same size but I’ve wanted the sport for a while so I’m going with that 205/55.

Ride quality was lovely, although, they inflated the tyres to about 54!!! psi. I could feel every rubble on the road, once that was taken care of , everything else was smooth.
I had test drove the normal i20 dct and this feels more planted and definitely has a better initial pull than the company demo car. Probably because the demo car has been abused quiet bad.

Once I have the car back and the tyres upgraded I’m going to try the xp100 petrol on these. Truth be told I feel bad that I won’t be able to drive for the next few days, and it felt bad to step out of the car today. First car feelings I guess.

I’m pretty new here so I don’t know if I need any extra approval for posting pictures, I’ll post a few next week once all the work is done. Been lurking around this place for years now and finally created a account a few years ago, thank you for inspiring me to get my first car ��
icestrok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 07:47   #101
BHPian

Quote:
I did find an issue with the driver side door, seems to require an unnecessary amount of strength to close it. If that keeps up I will check with the service centre. They said it was normal but I don’t feel too safe as it could leave the car door opened without us really knowing. Compared to the creta this really required more effort to close. If any of the current owners have an input on this I’ll be glad to hear that.
For me as well during initial few days the door needed a little more push to close but as days progressed it became normal. So I think it should be fine. I took delivery of my Nline in October.
Old 17th December 2021, 08:35   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos-VV View Post
For me as well during initial few days the door needed a little more push to close but as days progressed it became normal. So I think it should be fine. I took delivery of my Nline in October.
Much appreciated , that is a relief indeed. I’ve never sat in a more techie kind of car .. the amount of beeps if something is out of order is insane. And as a first time owner. I like it.
icestrok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 10:26   #103

Heartiest congratulations! Awaiting a review of the fully loaded car i.e. upgraded tyres, XP 100 etc. I have faced no difficulty with heavy closing doors - get it checked asap, but if any door remains open you will get a notification on Bluelink.

Correct tyre pressures will substantially improve the feel of your car. I think during transportation of the cars from factory in trailers , they intentionally keep the pressures high and then pass them on to customers in the same condition without rechecking at dealer end. Pressures also go up due to long storage outdoors.

Best wishes....once again !
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 15:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

No fluff, no drama. Excellent, on point experience. Thanks for that!

Quote:
(5) However, a few days back while getting the tyre pressures checked at a petrol pump late in the night, the 'hawaa walaa' suddenly "discovered" two punctures in the front left tyre which was perfectly fine moments before ! This is a major malpractice going on in Delhi-NCR these days .
This is common in Maharashtra too, at least in the western parts where I dwell. God forbid you are anywhere near those IT hubs - you will be out Rs. 500-700 just fixing non-existent punctures.
Old 18th December 2021, 21:21   #105
BHPian

If someone can help me out on this, it would be great .
Should I go for pilot street 4 205/55 or primacy 4 st 205/55 considering my primary aim is grip and comfort ?
I had avoided the primacy 4 earlier as it was only available at 195/55 but I found 205/55 today. If someone could help me understand the pros and cons, that would be really helpful.
A 3rd option is pilot sport 4 205/50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks