Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 15:45   #181

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Those who have taken the first free service kindly let us know when did you take it? (odo and ownership time)
The service booklet says 1200-1500km or within 2 months, however the dealer says 1000km or within 1 month.
Which one to follow?
Old 14th March 2022, 15:53   #182
BHPian

Follow your booklet. Its not that the car is going to stop turning on when the odo ticks to 1001th km or on the 61st day. The service centers are quite flexible and ok if you don't meet the deadlines.
Old 14th March 2022, 16:57   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperCDX View Post
Those who have taken the first free service kindly let us know when did you take it? (odo and ownership time)
The service booklet says 1200-1500km or within 2 months, however the dealer says 1000km or within 1 month.
Which one to follow?
I did the first free service just after it crossed 1200 and it was around 5th week after getting the car.

My Service Center folks recommended what was given in the booklet only ( ie. 1200/2 months)
Old 15th March 2022, 08:27   #184
BHPian

I booked the Titan Grey N8 DCT in the last week of Feb. and got a delivery schedule of 6 weeks. Apparently other shades have a lesser waiting period. I am quite satisfied with most aspects of the N Line post my test drive. However, the one thing that keeps bothering me is the loud thud sound it made going over a certain bump nearby. Now I know this bump like the back of my hand; we've been good friends for a while and my bike just flies over it normally. I know the thud is due to the stiffer suspension, but I wonder if there is actually any damage happening to the car on the long run?
Slash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:07   #185
BHPian

Took delivery of my N-Line N8 DCT couple of days back.

Firstly would like to thank all the members who shared their views and experiences of this car on the forum. The sort of knowledge that gets shared here helps a lot in decision making. Am not much of a writer so not going to make it an elaborate post but will just share few details and let the pictures do the talking.

Got the car through Shreem Hyundai, Mahalaxmi. Quite decent and hassle-free experience. No major hiccups, except there was small issue with the fasttag and the Blue Link activation (but apparently it was a server issue so not much to do with the dealership and the sales guy was quite helpful throughout.)

a. Got the car in about 5 weeks. In between went to their stockyard for (pre-registration) PDI. Once again, the PDI form of the forum helped a lot.

b. This is my first proper automatic car, so enjoying the whole experience a lot. The driving experience has been superb so far.

c. No major upgrades planned as such. I got mudflaps installed and a few other cosmetic accessories through Hyundai like the door edge guards, scuff plates etc. Post delivery got 1. Paint sealant coating 2. Rodent repellent coating (there's a garden right next to where I park my car and I see rats quite often there ) and 3. antirust coating done through 3M Car Care. My friend has been taking care of his Punto there since years and he is quite happy with their service. So took the car there on his recommendation.

d. At the delivery all 4 tyres were overinflated to about 48 Psi. I was aware of this through a couple of delivery videos. So first thing I did was set the correct tyre pressure after delivery when I went to tank up. The pump was just few meters away from showroom. Though I filled 33 psi in all 4 wheels, the TPMS keeps showing 32-34 randomly in all 4 wheels. Also am not sure why it didn't show warning when the pressure was 48 psi

I'll share some pictures of the car and small video of delivery -
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img0988.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img0987.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-img_1055.jpg

Ketan_R15 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 16:18   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post

d. At the delivery all 4 tyres were overinflated to about 48 Psi. I was aware of this through a couple of delivery videos. So first thing I did was set the correct tyre pressure after delivery when I went to tank up. The pump was just few meters away from showroom. Though I filled 33 psi in all 4 wheels, the TPMS keeps showing 32-34 randomly in all 4 wheels. Also am not sure why it didn't show warning when the pressure was 48 psi
Congratulations! Looks stunning.
In my case the TPMS started blaring as soon as we set out from the showroom as the psi was low on all tyres. Thankfully there was a bunk nearby and we could refill pronto. It has been couple of weeks since and TPMS shows anywhere between 31 and 34 while driving.
anandmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 10:13   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
Congratulations! Looks stunning.
In my case the TPMS started blaring as soon as we set out from the showroom as the psi was low on all tyres. Thankfully there was a bunk nearby and we could refill pronto. It has been couple of weeks since and TPMS shows anywhere between 31 and 34 while driving.
Thank you!

Another thing that has confused me, is the Blue Link app. Earlier I saw couple of videos about features of Blue Link app on YouTube and the presenter was explaining it on Android phone and I could see car's tire pressure health displayed in Car status. However, after activation on my phone, I can't see tire pressure status under Vehicle status tab. I use an iPhone. I know it sounds like a stupid question , but I even cross checked with Hyundai technician and he confirmed tire pressure isn't displayed on Blue Link.

Here's the video I was talking about - (Skip to around 4 min: 20 sec)

Old 16th March 2022, 16:30   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post
Thank you!

However, after activation on my phone, I can't see tire pressure status under Vehicle status tab. I use an iPhone. I know it sounds like a stupid question , but I even cross checked with Hyundai technician and he confirmed tire pressure isn't displayed on Blue Link.
The Bluelink app on iOS (I believe this is true for Android too) does not display Tire Pressure status.

However, if there is a 'Low Pressure' warning in the car's TPMS, you will get that as a notification on the Bluelink app too, and will have the option to acknowledge the notification.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 17:49   #189
BHPian

iMT users - A query:

How do you straddle switching between reverse and 1st gear in parking spaces? In 1st gear, the car starts creeping forward and I keep having to resort to handbrake, take a look at the surroundings and then maneuver the car accordingly or switch to reverse gear. And in tight parking space, there is barely any space to accommodate the creep distance.

I do not feel comfortable using the handbrake while car is still in gear (reverse or 1st) as the car is plastered with warning note on NOT to use brakes while switching gears.

Maybe this is a mental block/muscle memory thing after having driven/thrashed an MT all these years.

Any inputs would be appreciated.
Old 19th March 2022, 00:42   #190
BHPian

That kind of variance is normal. Shows 32 psi if I check it early in the morning, and long drives with dense traffic during the day have also resulted in 38°C in the front two.
Congratulations, and happy miles!
gandharjc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 17:12   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
iMT users - A query:

How do you straddle switching between reverse and 1st gear in parking spaces? In 1st gear, the car starts creeping forward and I keep having to resort to handbrake, take a look at the surroundings and then maneuver the car accordingly or switch to reverse gear. And in tight parking space, there is barely any space to accommodate the creep distance.

I do not feel comfortable using the handbrake while car is still in gear (reverse or 1st) as the car is plastered with warning note on NOT to use brakes while switching gears.

Maybe this is a mental block/muscle memory thing after having driven/thrashed an MT all these years.

Any inputs would be appreciated.
If I understand your query correctly, when shifting into 1st or Reverse gear from standstill, the brake has to be applied first, the gear moved to the correct slot and then the brake has to be released. The car will then slowly creep forward/reverse as appropriate. If the car has to be slowed down, brake can be applied again.

Handbrake should be used to prevent rollback when starting off on a incline.
Old 25th March 2022, 16:00   #192
BHPian

Has anyone changed the tires to 205/55, R16 - Michelin Pilot Sport?
I have started to feel that the Ceat stock tires don't have the required grip I am looking from them. Won't the 205 section be too big for the narrow alloys, stock tires being 195.
Old 25th March 2022, 16:39   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Won't the 205 section be too big for the narrow alloys, stock tires being 195.
What is the width of the stock alloy? Is it 6J or is it 6.5J? Check user manual for the details.

Opt for 205mm if the alloy width is 6.5J else it is better to stick with 195mm from cost point of view.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 16:44   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
What is the width of the stock alloy? Is it 6J or is it 6.5J? Check user manual for the details.

Opt for 205mm if the alloy width is 6.5J else it is better to stick with 195mm from cost point of view.
I just checked, it is indeed 6J, but I think Michelin Sport does not come in 195 mm?
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 16:51   #195
Senior - BHPian

I know that Michelin offers some models in 195/55R16, such as the P4ST. I am not sure about the Michelin Sport. I never opted for Michelins till date because of the type of roads I have used.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks