Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 12:55   #436
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Hi All, some good news.

When the problem of cops in some states harassing vehicle owners with roof carriers came up here a few days ago, I brought it to the notice of FM. They have acted immediately and a new ARAI certificate with revised height including the roof carrier is now out. I have just now received the 16 page document. Very busy with work right now so can go through it only after dinner. I shall be glad to share it, just pm me. Your dealer and FM area manager should also have it, you can ask them.

Many thanks to Mr. Sumeet Antarkar of FM for acting on suggestions and getting this done.

Regards,

Last edited by Anwesh : 25th November 2021 at 12:57.
Anwesh is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:13   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwesh View Post
They have acted immediately and a new ARAI certificate with revised height including the roof carrier is now out.
Wow! This is commendable - hats off to you (for raising this with FM) and to FM (for not only addressing it, but addressing it super quick)

This instance - and similar ones related to FM's receptivity towards customer sentiments and feedback - leads me to believe that FM is damn serious about the new Gurkha and will definitely go the extra mile to ensure a great after-sales experience for its owners. This is a cherry on the cake, given the super-capable vehicle that the Gurkha is.

Time to convince the missus for another 4x4 in the garage I reckon

Last edited by cool_dube : 25th November 2021 at 13:17.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:27   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwesh View Post
Hi All, some good news.

When the problem of cops in some states harassing vehicle owners with roof carriers came up here a few days ago, I brought it to the notice of FM. They have acted immediately and a new ARAI certificate with revised height including the roof carrier is now out. I have just now received the 16 page document. Very busy with work right now so can go through it only after dinner. I shall be glad to share it, just pm me. Your dealer and FM area manager should also have it, you can ask them.

Many thanks to Mr. Sumeet Antarkar of FM for acting on suggestions and getting this done.

Regards,
Thats some good news, hats off to you for taking this up with FM. Never expected them to be so proactive, have always perceived them as a typical lazy sarkari types company. All these instances are further cementing my decision on my next purchase.
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 19:12   #439
BHPian

The salesperson i am in touch with at Mandi had the Alloy wheels and tyres fitted today. He sent me a bunch of pics and ever since then all i can do is stare at them.

I had thought earlier that i will only debut the look on my Ownership Review of Asterix but it would be downright mean not to share atleast a snippet with my fellow Bhpians!

Here is the first look of Asterix with his new shoes on..
Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20211125185310_instagram.jpg

The hub caps are missing in the pic as i haven't sent them yet. I've modified the hubcaps by removing the PLATI logo and putting a Gurkha Khukri that we designed on the computer.

I feel it goes with the Gurkha better than this Plati Logo.
Force Gurkha Review-20211125_145558.jpg

New Khukri Design
Force Gurkha Review-20211125_160029.jpg
Manuuj is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 19:43   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
now all you need to do is head to the hills and post a get a few shots of asterix soaking in some snow. Wishing you many many miles of off-road adventures in your new gurkha.

I sorely miss driving a tall car (owned a TUV till March 2021) that can tackle bad roads/no roads without any hiccups and I think its natural that my mind is drawn to the gurkha. I have been silently drooling over the 2021 gurkha for sometime now and with the slowly increasing volume of owners here, I am begining to lean towards owning a pre owned gurkha to take on off road explorations. A friend of mine picked up this pre owned Gurkha Xplorer earlier this year and his inputs and expereinces are only fueling the desire to own a proper go anywhere car.

A couple of pics of my friends Xplorer
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-grk1.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-grk2.jpeg  

procrj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 20:43   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
now all you need to do is head to the hills and post a get a few shots of asterix soaking in some snow. Wishing you many many miles of off-road adventures in your new gurkha.

I sorely miss driving a tall car (owned a TUV till March 2021) that can tackle bad roads/no roads without any hiccups and I think its natural that my mind is drawn to the gurkha. I have been silently

This face of the Gurkha is still my favorite. Looks quite butch with the straight lines on the Grille and headlight surrounds. I would have changed to this Grill and headlight surround if it was possible for Asterix also.

With the new Gurkha picking up in sales some pre owned ones will come in the market as some owners do want to sell theirs and get the 2021 model.

If you can get a 2017, 2018 or 2019 model grab it quick! This vehicle is special indeed.

If you can find a 140 bhp Extreme model then you've really hit the jackpot!

Thank you for your good wishes for Asterix!

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th November 2021 at 20:45.
Manuuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 22:05   #442
BHPian

Quote:
The salesperson i am in touch with at Mandi had the Alloy wheels and tyres fitted today. He sent me a bunch of pics and ever since then all i can do is stare at them.

I had thought earlier that i will only debut the look on my Ownership Review of Asterix but it would be downright mean not to share atleast a snippet with my fellow Bhpians!

Attachment 2237332
Told you it'll break the internet. Happy for you man. Many Congratulations! Wish you many (s)miles on Asterix
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 01:49   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks awesome! I don’t know if you have already planned for it, but see if you can get those sidesteps also painted black. Rock sliders would look the best I guess.
Old 26th November 2021, 02:15   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Looks awesome! I don’t know if you have already planned for it, but see if you can get those sidesteps also painted black. Rock sliders would look the best I guess.
Yes thats the plan for now. Will have them painted black pretty much within the first week i have it when i take it to have the front grill painted green.

Rock sliders are pretty heavy by design and so i may not get them for a while since i won't be doing any rock crawling in the near future. Eventually though they will make an appearance.

There are some mods planned in order of importance for now. Rock sliders are low on the list at this time.

Thank you for your wishes!
Manuuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 08:39   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Amazing! I have HT tyres now and thinking about upgrade soon to MT. I am contemplating on buying Radar versus Maxis. Kindly post your reviews on the tyres on highway and Offroad conditions when you get a chance. I am looking forward to hear on NVH with MT tyres on the highway and grip the Radar tyres offer in offroad conditions.
karthikd21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 08:39   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By any chance, are those ORVMS from the Tempo Traveller 3.2?

Quote:
Attachment 2237332
Wow, Asteix looks butch with those tyres and alloys. I believe the ride height would have increased now?
Can't wait for your ownership thread to come out.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:08   #447
BANNED

Quote:
Yes thats the plan for now. Will have them painted black pretty much within the first week i have it when i take it to have the front grill painted green.
Am sure you might have thought about it, but just a word about possibility of paint fade in frequent use area of the side step.

Might consider powder coating, or sourcing a couple of cans of pickup bed liner spray for added grip in the wet and rugged look.

Cheers
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:33   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know that whole Tbhp is waiting for delivery of your Gurkha?
The new wheels and tyres have totally changed the persona of the car.
Apart from the delivery pics, we shall be waiting for a detailed initial driving impressions after you drive back to Delhi.

Last edited by Prakritij : 26th November 2021 at 12:34.
Prakritij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 13:03   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
Amazing! I have HT tyres now and thinking about upgrade soon to MT.
MTs on highways might not be right as they are quiet rigid in construction vs HT/ATs and might result in a lot of noise and maybe even overheating on tarmac/concrete roads. Based on what you have mentioned on your thread, which by the way needs an update , if you plan to do long distances on highways with family and use the Gurkha for offroading as well, you might be better off selecting a good pair of AT with tread patterns that work well on trails and

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
By any chance, are those ORVMS from the Tempo Traveller 3.2?
Yes, they are traveller OVRMs which were fitted at an FNG.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 13:22   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Based on what you have mentioned on your thread, which by the way needs an update , if you plan to do long distances on highways with family and use the Gurkha for offroading as well, you might be better off selecting a good pair of AT with tread patterns that work well on trails and
Thanks. Yes, will post an update after a few more trips. I understand MT wont be great on highways and the reason I asked for that is, I am planning to use the Gurkha for only offroading after completing a trip to Ladhak which is being planned for May 2022. So, I am wondering if I should change to MT before or after Ladhak given the terrain conditions in Leh-Ladhak region. Since its so far from Bangalore, we will need to travel a lot on Highways to reach the destination. Hence, I am thinking of retaining HT tires till then. Current ones are JK Elanzo Supra 245/75R16 and they do offer acceptable traction.
karthikd21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed