Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 13:33   #451
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Force Gurkha Review-img_2530.jpeg

Got the DWAG home last week, it's a joy, getting used to wheel base and keeping all four wheels on ground :-)

Here is relevant page from Arai approval shared by force representative, you can print a card and keep it in dash.

Force Gurkha Review-gurkhaarai.jpg

Last edited by PhantomLord : 26th November 2021 at 13:52.
PhantomLord is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:22   #452
BHPian

Congratulations to all members who have a new beast to tame. Absolutely looks butch in all stance and in all colors. Following the thread closely and checking several times a day for updates . This is now growing on me !
93000BHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 22:58   #453
BHPian

Writing this from on a Scania bus to Mandi Himachal Pradesh. On the way to go collect Asterix as most friends here know.
Force Gurkha Review-img20211126wa0016.jpeg

Was sent a few pics today also by the dealer.. Posting one here.

Am already writing the ownership review in the Assembly Section and after this post everything about Asterix will be found on my ownership review.

Very happy to finally realise a long cherished dream of owning a Gurkha.

Tommorow as the sun rises i will be outside the Force showroom with my nose pressed against the glass looking at Asterix for the very first time..
Force Gurkha Review-img20211126wa0009.jpg
Manuuj is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 00:19   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
Amazing! I have HT tyres now and thinking about upgrade soon to MT. I am contemplating on buying Radar versus Maxis. Kindly post your reviews on the tyres on highway and Offroad conditions when you get a chance. I am looking forward to hear on NVH with MT tyres on the highway and grip the Radar tyres offer in offroad conditions.
Radar RT plus tyres are what I've used. These are a new type of tyre called Rugged Terrain. They have the road noise and onroad grip of All terrains and the offroad toughness and tread pattern of Mud terrains.

The rubber compound is similar to that of an all terrain tyre and tread pattern and sidewall are more like a mud terrain. These are also known as Hybrid tyres using the best qualities of both All Terrain and Mud Terrain.

I have not driven even a meter on them yet but am hoping that what is advertised holds true. Will post a review about how the tyres behaved on my drive to Delhi from Mandi post the Delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Am sure you might have thought about it, but just a word about possibility of paint fade in frequent use area of the side step.

Might consider powder coating, or sourcing a couple of cans of pickup bed liner spray for added grip in the wet and rugged look.

Cheers
Yes! Great Idea! Thank you..it did not occour to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
By any chance, are those ORVMS from the Tempo Traveller 3.2?

Wow, Asteix looks butch with those tyres and alloys. I believe the ride height would have increased now?
Can't wait for your ownership thread to come out.
Yes i am expecting about 12 mm increase in ride hide as overall diameter has gone up by 25 mm. Am taking a tape measure along with me to Mandi to measure exactly this aspect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
Do you know that whole Tbhp is waiting for delivery of your Gurkha?
The new wheels and tyres have totally changed the persona of the car.
Apart from the delivery pics, we shall be waiting for a detailed initial driving impressions after you drive back to Delhi.
Trust me brother no one has waited as long as i have! When you read the review you will understand why i say so

You are right when you say the Alloys and especially the tyres have totally changed the stance and look of the Gurkha. Am really happy it worked out well. Its been a month of stress to source the alloys, source the tyres, test fit alloys and tyres, paint the alloys, pack the alloys and tyres, transport them to Mandi.. it wasn't easy but totally worth it!

Have started the review in the Assembly section.. will be up in a couple of days.

Last edited by Manuuj : 27th November 2021 at 00:22.
Manuuj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 01:00   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
Attachment 2237568

Got the DWAG home last week, it's a joy, getting used to wheel base and keeping all four wheels on ground :-)

Here is relevant page from Arai approval shared by force representative, you can print a card and keep it in dash.

Attachment 2237571
Congrats on the gurkha !! How did you manage to get it delivered with the steel wheels ?
howler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 04:39   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Following the thread closely and checking several times a day for updates . This is now growing on me !
Lol It's the same here with me for the past few weeks! Just waiting and hoping for my time to book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Writing this from on a Scania bus to Mandi Himachal Pradesh. On the way to go collect Asterix as most friends here know.

Very happy to finally realise a long cherished dream of owning a Gurkha.

Tommorow as the sun rises i will be outside the Force showroom with my nose pressed against the glass looking at Asterix for the very first time..
Hearty congratulations mate!

We may not be there physically, but we are all with you, cheering for you, as you drive Asterix home! Happy motoring!

Praveen
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 08:02   #457
BHPian

Asterix looks absolutely stunning in the showroom window! Hearty congratulations,all the very best and great appreciation for your efforts in achieving this look, Manuuj
Trojan, thanks for your response .I am not allowed the PM facility as a newbie yet. Look forward to hearing from you

I have a question on washing the undercarriage and wheel wells. What are the precautions and where are the good places to get this done?
Am imagining the sight of Manuuj with his nose pressed against the glass, gazing at Asterix and am completely enjoying and sharing the feeling!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th November 2021 at 15:27. Reason: No discussion of groups on the forum please.
Shekhar Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 08:05   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Congrats on the gurkha !! How did you manage to get it delivered with the steel wheels ?
I booked it on opening day, Alloys were listed as accessory which I opted out.
PhantomLord is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 08:25   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was sent a few pics today also by the dealer.. Posting one here..
Attachment 2237875
Was crossing the Force showroom at Mandi yesterday evening, and wanted to have a glimpse of Asterix. But couldn't see him on the outside, saw this dark greyish green silhouette inside the showroom from the main road, and thought why will they display him, and he's probably in their shed somewhere and continued driving. Boy I missed seeing him in flesh before you!

The the vehicle has presence, and is really tall. Looked almost as tall as athe Traveller a few few feet away. Wishing you loads of happy miles and smiles. Looking forward to your ownership review, and of meeting some of the owners in Manali when they plan their Ladakh and Spiti drives from our humble town.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 10:24   #460
BHPian

Finally we get to see something. I had started to believe that its just a myth like the Yeti.
Frankly this never ending suspense was causing too much anxiety and I believe it will turn out to be the best looking gurkha so far
abhijit 2284 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 16:51   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
More pics please With the tribe growing in BLR, you guys should think about a small meet. I will be more than happy to ride shotgun and get some drone shots of gurkhas in action.

Quote:
On the way to go collect Asterix as most friends here know.
Congrats again Manuuj. Looking forward to reading your ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar Rao View Post
All the Bangalore folks, can we have a whats app group?
there is a facebook group for gurkha owners, you could post about your new gurkha there and check if there is a group for BLR owners.

Quote:
I have a question on washing the undercarriage and wheel wells. What are the precautions and where are the good places to get this done?
Since the underbody is exposed to elements and is expected to get wet when you are driving under normal conditions, I dont think there would be any issues with getting an underbody wash. Good places to get it done will depend on your area in BLR. A quick google search should give you enough options.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 17:06   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar Rao View Post
Force engineers recommend not to do pressurized washing under the engine bay. Rest of the body can undergo pressurized wash. This is to make sure the Sensors don't go Kaput. Believe me, they mean it. I have had first hand experience. Although I told the guys at the water wash center not to, they did it by mistake and the EDC light started blinking right after. I had to take it to the service center

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th November 2021 at 15:26. Reason: Quoted post edited. Also no discussion of groups on the forum please.
karthikd21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 17:22   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are right when you say the Alloys and especially the tyres have totally changed the stance and look of the Gurkha. Am really happy it worked out well. Its been a month of stress to source the alloys, source the tyres, test fit alloys and tyres, paint the alloys, pack the alloys and tyres, transport them to Mandi.. it wasn't easy but totally worth it!

Have started the review in the Assembly section.. will be up in a couple of days.
Congratulations brother ! Let me tell you that your Vehicle looks like a factory custom / concept by Force motors themselves. Very tastefully done , tank up and enjoy the ride. May the force be with you!!
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 17:32   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
More pics please
Force Gurkha Review-img_e2535.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_2531.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_e2537.jpeg
PhantomLord is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 19:31   #465
BHPian

I'd like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the love and good wishes.

Asterix and i finally met today. He loves his new shoes especially since they have made him a full inch taller as you may see in the pics below.

I cannot put in words how amazing the staff at Force Motors are. I've owned a lot of cars but never have experienced the service that the staff of Force Motors and also the Dealership has provided.

A special mention her for Nitesh Ji at Force Motors, Vishal ji at Ram Hari Motors, Mandi and an even more special one for Manoj Palta ji who has the patience of a saint and worked tirelessly to make sure that the experience is a pleasurable and memorable one for me.

I did not feel like a Customer but a Close Friend. It is so reassuring!

My ownership review is going slow since I've been in the bus and at the dealership at Mandi. Hence i thought to post some pics i took today here itself. Delivery day is tomorrow 28th November.

I haven't slept a wink since yesterday and will pass out with a smile on my face tonight.

Registration has been done and Asterix is now HP XXX 0747.

All that is left is to go collect it tommorow.

At the dealership today I decided to have the Rooftop Carrier installed also which they will do in the morning tommorow.

Enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-20211127_145631.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_145945.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_152424.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_145916.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_145803.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_145838.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_151957.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_152028.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_152102.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_144153.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211127_144447.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 27th November 2021 at 19:48.
Manuuj is offline   (59) Thanks

Most Viewed