Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 19:56   #466
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Absolutely smashing. The wheels complement the overall stance extremely well. Wishing you many many happy and safe miles
93000BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 20:14   #467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Asterix and i finally met today...
Congratulations! Wishing you tens of thousands of miles and smiles.

I have a doubt. Why is the air intake facing backward? Isn't it supposed to be facing forward?
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 01:26   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations! Wishing you tens of thousands of miles and smiles.

I have a doubt. Why is the air intake facing backward? Isn't it supposed to be facing forward?
Its the dust. It will clog the air filter sooner. Also sucking in Rain is no fun.
India is harsher than other countries where the Snorkel is pointed forward.
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 22:22   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Asterix and i finally met today. He loves his new shoes especially since they have made him a full inch taller as you may see in the pics below.

Enjoy the pics
Asterix looks SMASHING!!

Stand alone, the wheels themselves looked fab, and now they have completely transformed the stance of the Gurkha. Congratulations and wish you many many happy miles ahead
iceman7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:16   #470
BHPian

Congrats Manuuj on your Asterix.

Why am I not able to see Manuuj 's Ownership report?

Is it just me?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...re-begins.html
ajithvpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 20:07   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithvpl View Post

Is it just me?
Actually i asked for it to be moved to assembly section. Am slowly building it up
Just need a couple of more days.

Thank you for your good wishes!
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 23:00   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Actually i asked for it to be moved to assembly section. Am slowly building it up
Just need a couple of more days.

Thank you for your good wishes!
Expedite please. I'm checking this thread every few hours every day to see if there are any updates here

I have two cars in mind now for a possible upgrade to my abarth avventura next year.
- Skoda Slavia
- Force Gurkha

Weird choice, I know.
jagan88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:25   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithvpl View Post

Is it just me?
Managed to see Asterix on the Gurkha FB group and man, the truck looks awesome. The alloys and tyres combo has totally transformed the looks.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:44   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan88 View Post
Expedite please. I'm checking this thread every few hours every day to see if there are any updates here

I have two cars in mind now for a possible upgrade to my abarth avventura next year.
- Skoda Slavia
- Force Gurkha

Weird choice, I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Managed to see Asterix on the Gurkha FB group and man, the truck looks awesome. The alloys and tyres combo has totally transformed the looks.
I have asked the Moderators to make the Asterix Ownership thread go live. I worked on it till 6 am today, It should be up sometime today hopefully.

Look forward to everyones inputs.

I have concentrated on my story with the Gurkha, the initial test drive, the booking and buying experience, my reasons for getting a Gurkha, the modifications i have done so far and ofcourse a lot of pics.

As I spend more time with Asterix i will update the thread with the experience of living with Asterix, the modifications i carry out and all other aspects of the ownership and aftersales experience as time goes by.

I did put up pics on the Gurkha FB group as well as on team bhp too since everyone was so keen to see Asterix. If i had held on to the pics and only debuted Asterix on my ownership thread then ofcourse the Asterix ownership thread would have elicited a bigger response online.

Thank you all for all the positivity for Asterix my "All New Gurkha"

Trust me even the "All New Force Motors" deserves the same positivity.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2021 at 05:22. Reason: Typo
Manuuj is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 19:30   #475
BHPian

Did anyone attempt to upgrade the suspension to King or Radflo brands? To make use of the long travel and reservoir suspension.
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:05   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Did anyone attempt to upgrade the suspension to King or Radflo brands? To make use of the long travel and reservoir suspension.
We have all just about started getting deliveries.

Are these suspensions straight fitting onto the 2021 Gurkha or will they require modification made to the Gurkha? Any idea?

The stock suspension in my view is pretty good. The only reason one would upgrade would be for higher GC but that then entails a lot of complexity for driveline, CV joints etc.

I doubt i will mess with the OE setup. Its quite good.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:58   #477
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
I have asked the Moderators to make the Asterix Ownership thread go live. Inwprked on it till 6 am today, It should be up sometime today hopefully.

Look forward to everyones inputs.

Thank you all for all the positivity for Asterix my "All New Gurkha"

Trust me even the "All New Force Motors" deserves the same positivity.
@Manuuj,
Congrats on your Asterix!
Your Gurkha has been transformed with those tasteful modifications. And the custom hub caps are cherry on top. Wish you lacs of kms of happy driving.

Your child like enthusiasm and excitement before getting delivery was so contagious. It was as if I was sitting in volvo bus and going to get the delivery ha ha. Big shout out to Force Motors dealership for arranging the delivery on a sunday. I guess, they were more excited than you to hand over your car to you .

I might take the plunge soon too. Will test ride this weekend with my family. With Gypsy, I missed the bus. Don't want to do it with Gurkha. At least before Force joins the bandwagon of 'price hikes' which is so common every 3 months now.

Now waiting for your review to go live. like a stalker, I cam checking Gurkha thread several times a day

Since you have previously owned the Fortuner 4wd and currently owning Endeavour 4wd, your long term review of Gurkha is going to put lot of speculation on Gurkha's capability to rest. Like they say 'horses for courses' - Gurkha is not meant to do everything little better. It is supposed to do one thing best and we all know what it is. Along with it, if it can carry 4 passengers in comfort - I don't see why it shouldn't be a success. Only time will tell.

Ride safe & have fun
HTC

Last edited by HTC : 2nd December 2021 at 23:15.
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:22   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
@Manuuj,
Congrats on your Asterix!
Your Gurkha has been transformed..
I might take the plunge soon too. Will test ride this weekend with my family. With Gypsy, I missed the bus.

Now waiting for your review to go live. like a stalker, I cam checking Gurkha thread several times a day

Since you have previously owned the Fortuner 4wd and currently owning Endeavour 4wd, your long term review of Gurkha is going to put lot of speculation on Gurkha's capability to rest. Like they say 'horses for courses' - Gurkha is not meant to do everything little better. It is supposed to do one thing best and we all know what it is. Along with it, if it can carry 4 passengers in comfort - I don't see why it shouldn't be a success. Only time will tell.

Ride safe & have fun
HTC
Thank you so much for your wishes. Yes the Gurkha has been a long awaited buy for me as my ownership review has detailed.

Do take the test drive soon and i hope you get yours soon as well. It is indeed a special vehicle. ..and boy does it turn heads!

Now it has its limitations too ofcourse. Drove my Endeavour after 5 days of driving the Gurkha last evening.

The Cabin was hush quiet, the electric steering was light and ofcourse the Endeavours suspension is something else.

If i can get Asterix to about 50% more quiet inside the cabin i would be most pleased. It not the engine as much as the noise from the driveline that filters through. But yes.. different horses for different courses!

A snow drive in Spiti would be handled with more peace of mind in the Gurkha. A long distance run to Jaisalmer that is planned for January will be more comfortable and faster in the Endeavour.

Hope you all like the review. Please do rate if you do. I will be answering all Gurkha ownership questions there now as it will be more convenient.

Adios!!
Manuuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 12:02   #479

Quote:
I'd like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the love and good wishes.

Asterix and i finally met today. He loves his new shoes especially since they have made him a full inch taller as you may see in the pics below.

I cannot put in words how amazing the staff at Force Motors are. I've owned a lot of cars but never have experienced the service that the staff of Force Motors and also the Dealership has provided.

A special mention her for Nitesh Ji at Force Motors, Vishal ji at Ram Hari Motors, Mandi and an even more special one for Manoj Palta ji who has the patience of a saint and worked tirelessly to make sure that the experience is a pleasurable and memorable one for me.

I did not feel like a Customer but a Close Friend. It is so reassuring!

My ownership review is going slow since I've been in the bus and at the dealership at Mandi. Hence i thought to post some pics i took today here itself. Delivery day is tomorrow 28th November.

I haven't slept a wink since yesterday and will pass out with a smile on my face tonight.

Registration has been done and Asterix is now HP XXX 0747.

All that is left is to go collect it tommorow.

At the dealership today I decided to have the Rooftop Carrier installed also which they will do in the morning tommorow.

Enjoy the pics
Congratulations! Following your updates as if it were a mini webseries! Love the little tri-colours you have. Perhaps something I too will install.
cryptex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 02:11   #480
BHPian

Silly question : Would the 5 door be just an addition of door on the existing model or would it warrant a longer wheelbase model ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks