Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2021, 22:53   #496
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
FORCE GURKHA 2.6L 2021 TYRES AND ALLOY GUIDE
I have collated the details of tyre and alloys of the Gurkha to have this information at one place for ready reckoning of future owners/ upgrade seekers.

Alloy:
MANUFACTURER: NEO
DESIGN : KILLER
SIZE : 16X6.5
PCD : 5X160
FINISH : BM (BLACK MACHINED)

Center Hub Diameter of the 2021 Gurkha :108.5 mm
Center Bore of the OE Steel Wheel as well as the OE Alloy : 110 mm

I was checking the Neo wheels website and noticed that the bore size is mentioned as 115mm for the 16x6.5 Killer 5x160 BM wheels. Don't know if this is just a typographic error on the website or the actual bore size of the Neo alloy wheel that is available on the Gurkha.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-capture.png  

Old 18th December 2021, 07:31   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaspectre View Post
I was checking the Neo wheels website and noticed that the bore size is mentioned as 115mm for the 16x6.5 Killer 5x160 BM wheels. Don't know if this is just a typographic error on the website or the actual bore size of the Neo alloy wheel that is available on the Gurkha.
Read post 367 onward for info on the same. Manuuj has detailed everything.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5193051 (Force Gurkha Review)
PaddleShifter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 09:20   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaspectre View Post
I noticed that too. But Manuuj, physically measured Asterix and reported , so holds merit.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:10   #499
BHPian

Is the price Ex showroom including alloy wheels?
Can somebody shed some light or share dealer price list here. There seems to be no standard price list between different dealers.
Old 26th December 2021, 17:48   #500
BHPian

@ All new Gurkha owners- how is your truck behaving? Any QC issues observed in initial ownership ?

Manuuj has observed some gear oil leakage and had to get the seal replaced at the workshop.

TPMS seems to be another culprit of erratic behaviour.

Please do share your thoughts. It would be helpful for others.
Old 26th December 2021, 20:29   #501
BHPian

How is the 2021 edition compared to the last previous extreme edition? I saw one YouTube video where this extreme edition Gurkha went through everything in a kerala hillside. It was quite breathtaking.

I am now sold on Gurkha and planning to split my target of Xuv700 into 2 cars. XL6 and Gurkha, Both were inspired by team bhp. I will be parting my Linea and KUV100. Does this sound sensible? I need a daily commuter for 30kms and occasional long distance vehicle. Thought of getting Xuv700 and now seriously thinking to change the plan.
msk_kapoor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 22:41   #502
BHPian

I think this video answers every question about the Gurkha's capability. This is our daily life in winters month. It cannot get more technical than this. Mr Prashant has even told a lot of tips for driving on snow. Am sure it would be helpful to all the people from non snow areas wishing to drive in snow.

aasheeshmehta is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:32   #503
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, while coming back from Agra saw what could possibly be the 5 door version of the Force Gurkha, video below shot by wifey since I was driving-

Vehicle looked production ready. It had the Snorkel (not visible on the video) and had the same LED headlights as that of the SWB Gurkha, although the Grill didnt have the Gurkha badging. The driver slowed down and let us pass since he saw us taking the video. Looks like the the 5 door Gurkha will be coming out well before the 5 door Thar.

PS: The side profile is way different than the Trax, so pretty sure this is indeed the new 5 door Gurkha. Even the mounting points for the ladder is visible.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 3rd January 2022 at 07:47.
rakesh_r is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:25   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Yesterday, while coming back from Agra saw what could possibly be the 5 door version of the Force Gurkha, video below shot by wifey since I was driving-

Looks like the the 5 door Gurkha will be coming out well before the 5 door Thar.

This is awesome, great footage, finally all will know now that it is not a Unicorn
'Sources' say that it will come with 110hp (the traveler engine configuration)
Trojan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 15:07   #505
BHPian

Quote:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=coHjYRZ9b94
Vehicle looked production ready. It had the Snorkel (not visible on the video) and had the same LED headlights as that of the SWB Gurkha, although the Grill ...
Thank you so much for this video. I chanced upon it on facebook and used the screenshots from this video on my post. I only realised it was your video when i saw your post here Rakesh. The edit window has run out on me else i would have given credit to you for the pics since the video is yours. Please excuse me this one time.

Now about the Neo wheels center bore

I had measured the OE Steel Wheels personally and can confirm that the CB was 110 mm. That is the same as my Plati Alloys.
The dealer in Mandi measured the Neo wheels and confirmed to me that the CB was 110 mm in that also. A couple of days ago i was at the workshop and saw the discarded Neo Wheels Boxes that the Alloys are shipped in. There was a sticker on them that mentioned the CB as 115 mm!!
Now that has really confused me. The Mandi dealer himself had confirmed after measuring that the CB of the Neo Wheels is 110 mm. Don't know why the box says 115 mm still.

All this can be easily confirmed by any current 2021 Gurkha owner reading this. All one of them has to do is remove the spare wheel and measure the Center bore on the back portion of the Alloy Wheel.

Otherwise, on my next visit to the workshop I will personally check the Neo Wheel CB again. Have already placed the tape measure in Asterix.

@trojan If they launch with the Traveller 110 bhp engine it will surely compensate for the extra weight of the 5 door. But to my knowledge that engine requires Ad Blue addition. The 91 bhp one in the 3 door BS6 version does not require Ad Blue to be added. Any information on this aspect?

Last edited by Manuuj : 3rd January 2022 at 15:10.
Manuuj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 15:08   #506
BHPian

EX-showroom price increased by 50000 and is now at 14.1 Lakhs. In Chennai with Accessories its now coming to 17.5Lakhs on road. Not sure what's the strategy in this as this is pushing the price within Thar Automatic reach.

Last edited by msk_kapoor : 3rd January 2022 at 15:13.
msk_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 15:19   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
EX-showroom price increased by 50000 and is now at 14.1 Lakhs. In Chennai with Accessories its now coming to 17.5Lakhs on road. Not sure what's the strategy in this as this is pushing the price within Thar Automatic reach.
The price increase was imminent. The 13.59 ex showroom price was was the launch price. Almost all manufacturers will be increasing prices in January due to higher input costs.

One must not compare it to the Thar. After one month of ownership i can confirm that it is far more Practical Usable and Comfortable than the Thar.
Even if the Gurkha was more expensive than the Thar i would have still picked the Gurkha.
This is not because i am a Gurkha Fanboy but because the Gurkha offers so much more in terms of usability, comfort and practicality than the Thar can.
Looks and Street Presence are a personal matter so i am not including these aspects in my list.

If a photo is worth a thousand words here are my two thousand words on this subject
Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20211205184718_instagram.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20211205184909_instagram.jpg
Manuuj is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 15:52   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The price increase was imminent. The 13.59 ex showroom price was was the launch price. Almost all manufacturers will be increasing prices in January due to higher input costs.

One must not compare it to the Thar. After one month of ownership i can confirm that it is far more Practical Usable and Comfortable than the Thar.
Even if the Gurkha was more expensive than the Thar i would have still picked the Gurkha.
This is not because i am a Gurkha Fanboy but because the Gurkha offers so much more in terms of usability, comfort and practicality than the Thar can.
Looks and Street Presence are a personal matter so i am not including these aspects in my list.
I was not thinking about Thar as it doesn't have a Boot and a metal top which i was looking at primarily for long travels. Also i can see that both are having their own strengths.

I was able to convince my better half with a 16L on road target. Now i need to spend some more time to start canvasing again . I was sold of Gurkha with the macho looks and the abilities. Also your thread was one which i refresh every 1 hour to find new posts. My life would have been simpler if they had waited for another 2-3 months for the price hike. Waiting to get my hands on this beast.
msk_kapoor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 22:03   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, while coming back from Agra saw what could possibly be the 5 door version of the Force Gurkha
Thanks for the capture.
The 5-door looks nice and proportionate. Earlier Gurkha expedition was 4340mm long, 22.4 cm longer than the current Gurkha. This would mean a lot of boot space. Just hope that the 2nd row has a good bench seat that can be tumbled and folded to make a humungous boot area. Other items in the wishlist are proper 3-point seat belts and an automatic transmission.
Meph1st0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 10:39   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
This is awesome, great footage, finally all will know now that it is not a Unicorn
'Sources' say that it will come with 110hp (the traveler engine configuration)
Looks like the 5 door Gurkha is way ahead in terms of being production ready compared to the 5 door Thar. These two will surely slug it out for the butch SUV space soon!.

I wonder whether 110HP will be decent enough to pull the 5 door Gurkhas body weight?
petrogeek is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks