Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2022, 16:32   #646
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

I have been getting may DMs of fellow members interested in wheel and tyre options. Please find the assorted options, we have seen until now in the forum here. Please DM me if you want any particular dealer contact of any particular tire mentioned in my Django's thread.

(With due credit to each owner mentioned against each truck.)

Force Gurkha Review-5467.jpg
vigneshkumar31 is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 08:49   #647
BHPian

I got my vehicle checked at service center yesterday after driving for few days after recent fixes.

I don’t see any of previous problems reoccurring during use in last few days. Also validated it with the help of FM technician at the workshop.

Only one minor issue I see now, is some vibration while driving in second gear. Test drove it with technician to confirm it. He felt it is working fine.
I feel it little more on the steering during uphill. Not sure it’s working as expected. Will request technician to check more.

Btw I had my first scratch for the vehicle yesterday while returning home from FM service center after checkup., the L-Shaped supports for the roof rack carrier which I also use for the rooftop tent, slightly slipped and touched the upper body while navigating through a smaller lane in peak traffic as the route was diverted (there is some bridge collapse I guess), and the tent might have hit something on top. I didn’t feel it inside as the L-Shaped support have a rubber to it. I felt some sound only when the tent touched the body.
I called the FM technician, and he even came at around 9.30 PM to help me (they go home after 6.30PM) to remove it and take them back to service center. I offered some thing for his help (Not sure if it’s right thing to do) but he politely rejected. I was extremely happy with this gesture.

Last edited by StudiousWandere : 13th February 2022 at 09:15. Reason: Spelling mistakes
StudiousWandere is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:13   #648
BHPian

Kerala Police inducts 46 Force Gurkha SUVs in its fleet

Quote:
Force Motors has supplied 46 Gurkha SUVs to the Kerala Police for border patrolling and other related activities.

The vehicles were inducted in the state police department's fleet on February 11.

The four wheel drive, air-conditioned vehicle can accommodate six people. A vehicle cost Rs 13.25 lakh. Earlier, Kerala Police had used Mahindra vehicles for off-road purposes, this is the first time that they are buying Force Gurkha 4X4.
Link to news article
vik99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:29   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
Kerala Police inducts 46 Force Gurkha SUVs in its fleet

--
Here are the pics,

Force Gurkha Review-2.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 15:41   #650
BHPian

New Force Gurkha - Complete Technical Overview:

This covers every aspect of the car explained by Force Expert. Hope it addresses all the open questions.

Overview:
- How To Start
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
- AC (Air Conditioning)
- Steering
- Gears (2 Wheel Drive, 4 High, 4 Low, Differential Locking both Front and Rear)
- Power Windows
- Lights
- DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter)
- Infotainment
- Bonnet (Oils, Coolant, Water..)
- Accessories

StudiousWandere is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:13   #651
BHPian

I see several threads about Mileage and many asked me so many times before.

Even though it’s typical Gurkha ��, I tracked the complete mileage for first 10 thousand KMs.

Following are the Tests:
- Mileage for Long distance in complete 4 Wheel drive (4H)
- 2 Wheel drive Mileage several times before First Service
- 2 Wheel drive Mileage after First Service

Mileage numbers with Proofs Below:

StudiousWandere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 01:05   #652

Hi my bits on test driving the Gurkha in Mumbai . I called the nos listed on the force Gurkha website. Since there is no showroom in Mumbai I dialed the closest option which is the one in Mira Road (thane district ) and was checking for a drive availability on Saturday . Mr Chetan asked me where I was located and since I was at Andheri he suggested there was a test drive scheduled at Bandra not far away from my location and I could do a test drive today itself and for an off road experience could come down to their showroom on Saturday. It was my first in person experience of seeing the Gurkha and was astonished by its sheer presence. Though in length it’s shorter than my Honda city but the towering height gives it a tremendous “hulk” feel.

I quickly took it to my basement parking to figure out whether it could get through the low entry point and it did but the vehicle that had come in was without the roof carrier , with a carrier the vehicle wouldn’t have made it through. Quickly took it for a spin on Mumbai’s crowded streets and the drive was a breeze . Anyone who has a fear that this beast can be a struggle on crowded streets is wrong . The steering is responsive , the driving comfort, the total visibility with zero blind spots make the overall experience a pleasure. Add the sheer road presence to it the auto wallahs stay out of your way and even jay walking pedestrians think twice before crossing the road . I am ok with non plush interiors and the 2 major points which matter to me - the AC functioning and the general music output provided by the Gurkha were more than adequate to tick the box. Seats are super comfortable the clutch is absolutely smooth and the gear changing very easy. The rear seats are a class apart with the Shatabdi type side glasses and superb front visibility too . Took it over the car breaking speed bumps without applying brakes and there was hardly any impact inside. The noise levels were muted we could converse easily at our normal voice pitch. All in all surely looking to buy this one. The things that need to be improved - the rear view mirrors need to no automated , manual adjustment in this age is a disappointment. The steering is bland some Gurkha badging would have made it exciting and also there’s a lot of feedback from the steering . From a power point of view didn’t get the opportunity to hit a lot of speed but for anyone thinking of not picking up as a city vehicle , I didn’t face a single issue driving on heavy traffic roads infact I would say it made the drive more comfortable than in my sedan.

Kudos to force motors on getting this one out , there would be constant improvements I believe also indicated by the company for eg the car I was driving didn’t have a dead pedal but they suggested in subsequent production this has been taken care off similarly the accelerator and brake seem to be pretty close this too according to them has been or is being addressed .

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th February 2022 at 05:03. Reason: Post edited to enhance readability.
lalifatte is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 17:37   #653
BHPian

Pune To Chandigarh 2040+kms Drive in 44hrs via Chittorgarh Fort On way to Winter Spiti drive on New Gurkha.

This is my longest single stage drive in Gurkha, earlier was some 1900+ during Rajastan-Gujarat trip.

I had some troubles with vehicle before so earlier trip was little challenging. But now I see vehicle in good shape and didn’t have any of the previous major issues
(TPMS and Infotainment I generally don’t care). Hope it remains as pleasant as it is now.
StudiousWandere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 10:43   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalifatte View Post
Hi my bits on test driving the Gurkha in Mumbai . I called the nos listed on the force Gurkha website. Since there is no showroom in Mumbai I dialed the closest option which is the one in Mira Road (thane district ) and was checking for a drive availability on Saturday . Mr Chetan asked me where I was located and since I was at Andheri he suggested there was a test drive scheduled at Bandra not far away from my location and I could do a test drive today itself and for an off road experience could come down to their showroom on Saturday. It was my first in person experience of seeing the Gurkha and was astonished by its sheer presence. Though in length it’s shorter than my Honda city but the towering height gives it a tremendous “hulk” feel.

I quickly took it to my basement parking to figure out whether it could get through the low entry point and it did but the vehicle that had come in was without the roof carrier , with a carrier the vehicle wouldn’t have made it through. Quickly took it for a spin on Mumbai’s crowded streets and the drive was a breeze . Anyone who has a fear that this beast can be a struggle on crowded streets is wrong . The steering is responsive , the driving comfort, the total visibility with zero blind spots make the overall experience a pleasure. Add the sheer road presence to it the auto wallahs stay out of your way and even jay walking pedestrians think twice before crossing the road . I am ok with non plush interiors and the 2 major points which matter to me - the AC functioning and the general music output provided by the Gurkha were more than adequate to tick the box. Seats are super comfortable the clutch is absolutely smooth and the gear changing very easy. The rear seats are a class apart with the Shatabdi type side glasses and superb front visibility too . Took it over the car breaking speed bumps without applying brakes and there was hardly any impact inside. The noise levels were muted we could converse easily at our normal voice pitch. All in all surely looking to buy this one. The things that need to be improved - the rear view mirrors need to no automated , manual adjustment in this age is a disappointment. The steering is bland some Gurkha badging would have made it exciting and also there’s a lot of feedback from the steering . From a power point of view didn’t get the opportunity to hit a lot of speed but for anyone thinking of not picking up as a city vehicle , I didn’t face a single issue driving on heavy traffic roads infact I would say it made the drive more comfortable than in my sedan.

Kudos to force motors on getting this one out , there would be constant improvements I believe also indicated by the company for eg the car I was driving didn’t have a dead pedal but they suggested in subsequent production this has been taken care off similarly the accelerator and brake seem to be pretty close this too according to them has been or is being addressed .
This is an honest review. Thank you! The Force one steering would have been better on the new Gurkha, with similar controls and logo. Yes the internal adjustable rearview mirror is a big miss at this point in time.
drmessiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:07   #655
BHPian

Happy to see Kerala police attesting to Gurkha's abilities. They are saying that they haven't faced any issues till this point and are able to reach every place with their Gurkha. I am pretty sure this is a huge testament to the abilities of Gurkha in rough terrains.
msk_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:19   #656
BHPian

Cold Start Gurkha by Expert Prashant after Season's Highest Snowfall.

Unlike other vehicles, this was turned off in the night and yet it was fine to start with in one attempt at - minus 8!

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd February 2022 at 09:32. Reason: Please proofread before submitting, Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:47   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Kerala Police purchases 44 Force Gurkhas for high range police stations:

Malayalam article:
https://www.manoramaonline.com/fastt...ce-gurkha.html
Now there is an update. They are complaining about the ground clearance

https://english.mathrubhumi.com/amp/...kkad-1.7286632
NICHE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 09:04   #658
BHPian

Could easily start Gurkha after -22 degree parking and expected -28 in a day.
Hope it continue to remain same.

StudiousWandere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 21:07   #659
BHPian

Gurkha could explore Most of the Spiti in 2 wheel drive and used 4 Low only 2-3 times for few seconds when it was stuck in deep snow.

Looks like it’s much capable irrespective of current less powerful engine.

Short video showing both to and fro way to Chicham Bridge (Asia’s Highest Bridge) at around -17 degrees.
Old 3rd March 2022, 22:16   #660
BHPian

We did a 3000kms trip from Bangalore to Kanha wildlife reserve in Madhya Pradesh in Nemo.The Gurkha performed flawlessly. The best part was the driving position and the view of the scenery all around. The drive was fatigue free and the ergonomics made for no stiffness or pains. My wife was the co driver and on the way back we drove from Nagpur to Bangalore quite comfortably. The AC was excellent and lights were good especially with the fog lamps providing near spread in addition. We maintained speeds of 80 to 100kms/hour most of the time and the engine felt unstressed. The suspension and ride comfort was very good, although not tested greatly as most roads were in good condition.Going over speed breakers and potholes was easy and free of concern.
The vehicle evoked a lot of praise and attention.Many wanted to know which vehicle it was and who makes it.We received a thumbs up even from a hatch on the Hyderabad ring road! A senior off roader who was on his way back from a driving trip in Nagaland asked me all about it and comparisons to the Thar the moment we reached our hotel in Nagpur right in the porch!
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-img20220301wa0007.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img20220301wa0017.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img20220228wa0000.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img20220301wa0016.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img20220301wa0013.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img20220301wa0011.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img20220301wa0010.jpg  

Shekhar Rao is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks