Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 13:45   #766

Re: Force Gurkha Review

I think instead of adding doors Force should be adding power to the engine. Limousine cant off-road. What i beleive we need shorter wheelbase (3 doors) and a better engine.
FourX4 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 14:34   #767
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourX4 View Post
I think instead of adding doors Force should be adding power to the engine. Limousine cant off-road. What i beleive we need shorter wheelbase (3 doors) and a better engine.
Right on! Force has had enough time to add grunt to their engine, which has remained unchanged for decades. Perhaps due to lack of funds to get a contemporary engine - or due to lack of internal R&D depth to develop their own engines (the Mahindra route). In either case all the cosmetic upgrades wont help in this segment.
One either has the ability or one doesn't. I have yet to see an off-roading video (of the Anshuman Bishnoi kind) where the Gurkha goes head to head with the competition where rock-crawling is concerned. The Thar, on the other hand, acquits itself fairly respectably - at least on YouTube!
Old 5th September 2022, 23:45   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourX4 View Post
I believe there are more people waiting for a spacious 5 seater off-roader with good luggage capacity for long road trips and also using it as a primary/only vehicle.
Every one is not into hardcore off-roading which requires a SWB version.

Same goes for Thar. I think 5 door versions of both SUVs will sell more than their SWB versions.
LokiPilaniya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 09:22   #769
BHPian

Re: 2021 Gurkha in 2022, Shall I buy on discount?

Hi, I have been offered roughly about a 200k discount for a 2021 Oct manufactured Gurkha, with 1800 km odometer reading. It was their demo vehicle, but as they have said, and looking at the odo and the general condition of the vehicle, it seems that it was not used for TDs, but rather kept at the showroom, which was not sold. Can any Gurkha owner advice me whether it will be wise to go for it? Are there any major issues that might come up, considering it is a demo vehicle and roughly 1 year old.

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2022 at 09:17. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
Ulysses is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th September 2022, 09:39   #770
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Hi, I have been offered roughly about 200k discount for a 2021 Oct manufactured Gurkha, with 1800 odometer reading for roughly 200k discount by the dealer. It was their demo vehicle and roughly 1 year old.
Attaching the mysore dealership demo vehicle pic taken in june 2021. Is this the same color they are offering?

If there are no surprises, looks like a good deal. Even when they hiked price in 2022, Bangalore dealer said he will give 2021 make vehicle for launch price itself. Just check for parts, rust, abuse before taking the plunge. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-img20211106wa0012.jpg  

HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 09:47   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Attaching the mysore dealership demo vehicle pic taken in june 2021. Is this the same color they are offering?
Thanks, not this one, another one in white color. The green one shown in the pic is also there but it has more kms on odo (~5k) and seems to be under maintenance. By the way, if 4 Airbags made mandatory from Oct 22, then do you think 2022 mfg vehicles with 2 airbags will also become obsolete and may be cleared off with a discount?
Old 6th September 2022, 13:40   #772

I have been driving Scorpios for the last 20 years (changed 5 cars and each was always a Scorpio) and I really love that car.

When I decided to replace my last Scorpio, somehow I never liked the Scorpio again and I was destined to buy the Gurkha which I did.

I have driven more than 8000 Kms now, driving a 120 Kms every day and the drive is a breeze.

The road presence, turning at a 100, quick swerves to avoid potholes on highways, I have done all these and the car is a beauty!

Talk of road presence? I always find people turning around or trying to overtake only to see the car. I have had people waiting outside a mall near my car till I came out to discuss about it. They obviously loved the car and I hope they go on to get their own Gurkha.

I have read reviews about poor interiors or some basic things, but guys, this is not a luxury vehicle though basic luxury has been already incorporated. Its an out and out off roader and I don't think there is any other in India even closer to it!!!
MIHIR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 15:45   #773
BHPian

I was hell-bent to buy a Gurkha. I am totally in love with it.

My daily drive is a remapped Polo GT. Totally love the fast n furious experience. However even compact Suvs makes me to give way, because of her tiny road presence. So, I told myself enough is enough.

I decided to go big and Gurkha seemed to be the ultimate solution. Not to mention the off-road capabilities and smashing looks. Look, I don't intend to push people off the tarmac, but atleast don't do it to me.

But I have my own subjugations. No matter how much I loved the Gurkha, I just couldn't adjust to the lack of power and autobox. I even thought of waiting for sometime, if Force motors were to fix at least one of these. But there is no news of either.

Eventually, mind overtook heart and I booked myself a auto ScorpioN. If Gurkha had a autobox, it was a no-brainer for me to choose.
Indepth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 15:53   #774
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Thanks, not this one, another one in white color. The green one shown in the pic is also there but it has more kms on odo (~5k) and seems to be under maintenance. By the way, if 4 Airbags made mandatory from Oct 22, then do you think 2022 mfg vehicles with 2 airbags will also become obsolete and may be cleared off with a discount?
I dont think 4 airbag rule is coming any soon. Read somewhere that government is reconsidering the timelines as it will push the small car costs even further high. There are Tbhp members who have purchased Gurkha with 2 airbags and modified to have 3 point seat belts for rear passengers. If serious - For assessing the said vehicle, take advise from our esteemed member 'PhantomLord' who has immense amount of knowledge of Gurkha vehicle.

With 2 lakh discount, what is the final cost quoted? Last time I checked in May '22, it was 18.5 lacs onroad in Mysore.

Good luck.
HTC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 10:39   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Great news.

Updated Gurkha coming next month. The main change is official increase in ground clearance. Still digging for any further changes, shall keep the forum updated when i come to know.

Apart from this by Diwali 5 door expected to launch.
Further high power engine being tested which is expected to be incorporated from1 April 2023.
Any update on the updated version yet. Increased ground clearance will be a real advantage for this awesome machine.
Old 11th September 2022, 22:33   #776
BHPian

Quote:
There are Tbhp members who have purchased Gurkha with 2 airbags and modified to have 3 point seat belts for rear passengers.
This would be great to know, tried searching in vain, can you point me to this information please?
Gurkha price has increased from September, 19+ OTR Bangalore.

Last edited by aburagohain : 11th September 2022 at 22:41. Reason: Added text
Old 13th September 2022, 23:32   #777
BHPian

A great video about what even a four door SUV is really capable of doing it out in the rough terrain.
Hope the 4 door version of Gurkha is equally capable. Not that I am into the 4X4 scene in any way. Just trying to refresh our memories of what the Gurkha and GT 290 GTD was capable of pretty many years ago!

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 13th September 2022 at 23:35.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 00:02   #778
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
This would be great to know, tried searching in vain, can you point me to this information please?
Gurkha price has increased from September, 19+ OTR Bangalore.
Sure. It took a while for me to search this aswell.
Check post#276 in this thread (Force Gurkha Review)
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 11:10   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Sure. It took a while for me to search this aswell.
Thank you for searching this post out.

How I wish Force would have provided one from factory itself!
Old 17th September 2022, 21:34   #780
BHPian

While browsing OLX I came across these interesting seats in a pre-owned Gurkha. (Note: I have no connection with the person who is selling that vehicle.) I am sharing pics of these seats as some Gurkha owners here may find this interesting.

Regards,
Attached Images

Anwesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks