Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 11:47   #781
BANNED

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
A great video about what even a four door SUV is really capable of doing it out in the rough terrain.
Hope the 4 door version of Gurkha is equally capable. Not that I am into the 4X4 scene in any way. Just trying to refresh our memories of what the Gurkha and GT 290 GTD was capable of pretty many years ago!

https://Youtu.be/5C2iSJbDCKU
A great video indeed - specially keeping in mind that this was the Gurkha predecessor, made years ago! I wish Force would launch a similar video featuring the new Gurkha. This should quieten the constant carping about its old 90 bhp engine.
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:15   #782
BHPian

Is this really a 5 door Gurkha being tested?

The Alloys seem to be different than 3 door version. And the vehicle overall looks good. Existing headlamps of 3 door Gurkha are better.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:35   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Is this really a 5 door Gurkha being tested?

The Alloys seem to be different than 3 door version. And the vehicle overall looks good. Existing headlamps of 3 door Gurkha are better.
Yes it is indeed the 5 door Gurkha. Same vehicle was spotted by me few days ago as shared here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5381410 (Force Gurkha Review)

I think, the headlamps seen here might be temporary. The final product may get same headlamps as in the 3 door version.
Knightrider is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 19:20   #784
BHPian

Kenwood System Update is available for those interested :-

Firmware update.

20DMXs_FWupdate_en.pdf
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 11:54   #785
HTC
BANNED

Re: 2021 Gurkha in 2022, Shall I buy on discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Thanks, not this one, another one in white color. The green one shown in the pic is also there but it has more kms on odo..
@Ulysses,
Out of curiosity checked with Mysore showroom. They said the 2021 vehicle is still there. He said that it is not demo vehicle but used by some youtuber.

Looks like you didnt go ahead with this one.
How is your car search going on? May be we can connect when in Mysore. DM me if around Mysore during Dasara festival. Can catchup.
Old 3rd October 2022, 19:01   #786
BHPian

Just came across this video, Gurkha going downhill, valet lost control and went straight ahead. Lot of skid marks on road similar to understeer. In next video there is a suspicion that rear locker was on. Looks similar to the Sandakphu incident.
Old 4th October 2022, 10:22   #787

Greetings fellow BHP'ns

Today morning I came across the upcoming Force vehicles that are currently on test as of now. I am certain they are in this part of the world for their hilly testing in autumn conditions.

Other than the commercial vehicles that were parked two, in particular, are of great interest.

1. Force Gurkha 3 door (with 18-inch wheels)

2. Force Gurkha 5 door (with 16-inch wheels)

I shall be attaching the pictures, but what is immediately evident is that the 5-door version is significantly longer than the 3-door one.

Both of them were parked side by side and from the pictures, the increase in length of the 5-door can be easily gauged.

Unlike the previous pictures in this particular thread, where the 5-door version came shod with 18-inch wheels, this one had 16". I bent down to see the specs of the tyre. It was the same which is currently found in the 3-door version (245/70 R16).

On the other hand, the 3-door Gurkha had 18-inch wheels (255/70 R18).

The pictures aren't perfectly clear but what is really important to note is that the Lower Control Arms are still the lowest point in the 3-door Gurkha even with 18 inch wheels. But, thankfully they aren't an eyesore now which is the case with the current model.

Another interesting bit to point out is that the Lower Control Arms are properly sorted in the 5-door version. They aren't jutting down, unlike the 3-door Gurkha which makes the ground clearance at the front significantly higher.

Even with 16-inch wheels, the 5-door version looked slightly bigger in height in comparison to the 3-door Gurkha, especially at the hood. The hood of the 5-door version looked slightly higher (an inch or so) than the one in the 3-door Gurkha.

For some reason the 5-door Gurkha comes with a completely different headlight unit. The one on the 3-door Gurkha looks way better. This one in particular reminds of the other Force Motors commercial vehicles that already come with this kind of headlight unit.

As far as the engine specs go, the badging on the 5-door version was the same as is in the current model.

Now various reports have mentioned that the 5-door Gurkha will come with multiple seating options. But this model, in particular, came with 5 seats with a bench in the rear. Unlike the 3-door model that is currently sold and the one that was on test, the fabric in the front and rear seats is the same. But, the rear bench in the 5-door Gurkha had a completely different material in comparison to the front seats. It looked like an ordinary bench that did not suit a passenger vehicle. It appeared as if it was lifted from a Force Motors commercial vehicle and bolted into this one. It looked hideous, to be honest. The only possible explanation could be that it was a test mule and perhaps the company had used a simple bench seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-img_20221004_064640.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img_20221004_064647.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img_20221004_064703.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img_20221004_064710.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img_20221004_064726.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img_20221004_064754.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-img_20221004_064848.jpg  

Adityasjaswal is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 12:28   #788
BHPian

The headlights, seat etc just because it's a test mule.
The 5 door lower arms look clean. Will be very interesting to see if the suspension can be retrofitted to the 3 door.
Old 8th October 2022, 17:08   #789
BHPian

Force plz, just plaster the previous 120 BHP engine! I will buy one for sure.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 22:57   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityasjaswal View Post
Greetings fellow BHP'ns

Today morning I came across the upcoming Force vehicles that are currently on test as of now. I am certain they are in this part of the world for their hilly testing in autumn conditions...
Now what's that behind the rear wheel on the right, looks similar to fuel cap but it's already there on the left side. Also this cap is not there on the current Gurkha we have.
LokiPilaniya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 06:51   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiPilaniya View Post
Now what's that behind the rear wheel on the right, looks similar to fuel cap but it's already there on the left side. Also this cap is not there on the current Gurkha we have.
Looks like a provision to fill DEF, which means either the existing engine is being tested with adblu or the test vehicle is running with an engine from the Force Traveller, which again, requires adblu.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 13:18   #792
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Looks like a provision to fill DEF, which means either the existing engine is being tested with adblu or the test vehicle is running with an engine from the Force Traveller, which again, requires adblu.
If it is a Traveller engine tune there is a chance the 5-Door might come with the ultra-smooth G32 gearbox rather than the G28 for better power delivery with the same 2.6ltr engine. This should be a big plus for the 5-Door!
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 06:58   #793

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiPilaniya View Post
I checked the vehicle. Apparently, the 3-door variant has a fuel filler lid on the left-hand side whereas the 5-door variant has it on the right-hand side. It could possibly be the same spec engine that powers the 3-door variant.
Old 16th October 2022, 15:36   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityasjaswal View Post
Another interesting bit to point out is that the Lower Control Arms are properly sorted in the 5-door version. They aren't jutting down, unlike the 3-door Gurkha which makes the ground clearance at the front significantly higher
Could this be because the 5 door might not be a 4x4 like the previous generation 5 door?
Old 16th October 2022, 16:59   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Could this be because the 5 door might not be a 4x4 like the previous generation 5 door?
I did manage to peep inside the 5-door variant although took no pictures. It comes equipped with the same 4X4 gear lever along with the Diff locks.
Adityasjaswal is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks